Is this the pinnacle of superhero cinema?

Is this the pinnacle of superhero cinema?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S1UILgJbNkk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

No,

>Logan exists
>hold up the LOL XD normy bait as the pinnacle of superhero cinema

Just kill yourself.

>Holds up Logan's maudlin sentimentality as the pinnacle of superhero cinema.
*tips*

>Logan

Too young to have watched Batman Begins?

1.1 billion dollars says yes

Appreciative of Heath ledgers performance, but of the opinion that the overall plot was somewhat weak. Still, that is also an example of a cape movie that easily outstrips memevengers.

If you can't appreciate a movie with a bit of nuance and heart in a genre where just about every other film has the subtly and emotional sensitivity of shovel to the face then I can't do anything for you.

>Scott Lang not being a serious character.

Well yea.

>Ledger
>Batman BEGINS

...alright I'll go commit sudoku after that blunder. I still stand by my point, there are plenty of cape movies better than memevengers and I personally consider Logan to be the best in recent years which is why I brought it up.

TWS is.

Why did he ask for orange slices anyway

I vaguely recall there being some relation to the pym particle suit stuff, but I can't quite remember it all.

he just wants a snack and hes childish

What are some underrated cape movies Sup Forums?

Do the two Punisher movies NOT starring Dolph Lundgren count. Cuz those were great

It's an old thing that football/soccer players get orange slices at half-time
i.e. Ant-Man is asking if anyone has orange slices because he's taking a break from fighting (because he just got fucked up)

youtube.com/watch?v=S1UILgJbNkk

Blade certainly counts
So does Hellboy I and II

Darkman

Shit was great

If I never hear another amusing quip in an otherwise serious action scene in my life it'll be too soon.

This shit only flies with characters who are insane/immortal and legit don't give a shit about the danger they're in, real people don't crack jokes in the middle of a life or death struggle.

No shit?

Well, in the medium this board is devoted to, it's customary, so I don't know what the fuck you're doing here

Eh, not all heroes do witty one liners.

>implying all of Sup Forums is capeshit

le mayo

I didn't like the Jane one, but War Zone is such a great guilty pleasure.

>costomary

Both illiterate and stupid, that's a double whammy that must have left you in a precarious station in life user

Are you okay

at least he's not dyslexic m8

>real people don't crack jokes in the middle of a life or death struggle

And how long have you served for?

sucking on something citric is a common remedy for light headedness. he could barely breathe when sized up like that because the ogygen particles are literally too small for his giant-sized respiratory system to process

Let me guess, you're a burger, right?

None, how bout you fagtron?

I have however had a gun pulled on me and got shot at. I don't remember what I said or thought, but it sure as fuck wasn't witty one liners. More animalistic fear emissions and trying not to piss my pants.

The difference is: if you are struggling for your life, directly, as in someone is actively trying to kill you and is capable of doing so, 100% of your conscious mind is dedicated to keeping that from happening. It takes thought to spit out jokes.

Soldiers might bullshit and crack jokes on-duty, maybe even in a firefight, but definitely not after being thrown to the ground by a terrorist while said terrorist is trying to knife them.

I should probably go to sleep.

>doesn't know the difference between a movie and real life

>The difference is

I think the difference is this is a movie about superheroes and not real life.

Go watch a fucking documentary then you idiot

You're a moron

And so are you for discussing realism in a superhero film. Problem is the quips ruin the tension in the scene.

I wish I could like Logan but I'm just tired of remakes of The Road

Tasteless, ignorant and stupid.

The whole battle was full of quips and comedy until they very end when it became (tragically) serious.

I don't think scene was meant to have tension, since that would have lessened the whole climatic fight of the movie.

DUDE LMAO QUIPS DUDE IRON MAN WOAH

I get that it's a genre trope, but I dislike it. Superheroes who have been written to be relatable are written to be more or less normal people, and should behave more or less like normal people would outside of being superpowered.

Like, Spiderman can throw some quips out while he kicks the shit out of random bank robbers. That's fine, it's basically like a human joking around while he kills ants. There's no threat, no danger.

If he's throwing out quips while fighting Venom in between bouts of being thrown through buildings and nearly killed, that's retarded. No one would do that.

Deadpool can quip nonstop because he's immortal, Joker can quip nonstop because he's insane. They're not meant to behave like actual people, so it's fine.

>quippy battle

Fuck MCU. Fuck it.

Darkman is the best capemovie of all time.

this

its retarded how far they stray from comics where nobody ever jokes during a fight

>Problem is the quips ruin the tension in the scene.

Not necessarily. They do ruin it in AoU, but in most movies they're well placed.

What ruins the tension even more is ridiculous ham-fisted exposition dialogue like in BvS.

>Spiderman

Both exposition and quips are fucking awful. Quips are the most grating because they clash thematically with the violence on screen. Fuck MCU and DCU for not being able to do one fucking thing right

Spider-Man says whatever dumb puns and insults pop into his head to distract himself from how much danger he's in, and it remained as a habit once he got more confident in himself

>comics
there it is, the "muh comics" argument from every mouseketeer anytime their movies get criticized

this is a MOVIE, it is not a COMIC BOOK therefore they should do something CINEMATIC. Dumb quips break tension in scenes that would otherwise not break tension in a comic book because comics have a different sense of time. COMIC BOOK MOVIES DO NOT NEED TO BE LIKE COMICS

>Dumb quips break tension in scenes that would otherwise not break tension in a comic book because comics have a different sense of time.
this

Fair enough, I'm not a big fan of capeshit, so my example could be flawed. However, doesn't Angry!Spider-Man generally stay silent, going towards my point that when a character is taking something seriously they shouldn't also be joking around?

If you'd ever been in a real fight you'd know that they don't preach about ideologies, parents or religion too, snydercuck

Whenever did he mention DCU? That shit is about as awful as this you autistic fanboy manchild.

>movies should be like real life
ok shll

Not that guy but what the fuck did you mean by this

This is what Snyder inherently understands and what people who watch his movies don't account for. They expect a comic book movie but he instead makes a movie based on a comic book.

He doesn't necessarily take the concepts of the comic book but he adapts the characters and stories for the big screen to elevate them to something more.

I agree, but that last line is going to bring the shitposters in like bees to honey.

Snyde inherently just smears dark feces on your cinema screen. The MCU variety is a blander variety of excrement, but it smells about the same.

When are you going to stop crossposting from Sup Forums?

I liked Logan, but you gotta admit it was basically a worse version of Children of Men.

Children of Men is shit though.

....No. No it really isn't.

>the tasteful board of Sup Forums

Keep going back you might actually make it to Road to Perdition eventually.

i'm from Sup Forums retard

kek

Snyder can't tell a complex story. He needs to stick with action schlock.

So, an user from the shitposting board starts posting on the retardation board. Congrats I guess?

No one mentions The Crow and I still think it's the best comicbook movie ever made

not a gun, but a knife. And yes, I started making jokes cause the situation was fucking absurd. I laughed right at the mugger.

A friend of mine did it at gun point once too. People react weirdly do that stuff

>Snyder can't tell a complex story.
I disagree.

You're wrong. Then again, neither can Whedon.

Not even his Watchmen movie is good.

I disagree.

>Beyonce? No? Bono? Adele?
I don't get it Sup Forums. What is he referencing here? Dr Strange being an expert in music keeps referencing these obscure artists all the time. This is way beyond me.

>ahead of it's time masterpiece
>it's time

HAHAHHAHA

This is accurate. Unfortunately this corporate wars bullshit means he gets away more shit thrown his way than he deserves. So many dishonest people on these online boards all the time.

>I disagree
>so I will post some illiterate nobody's opinion

Can't use your own words to justify why something is good, huh?

yikes

>call something bad
>no I like it
>ugh can't justify it at all
You want this dance again you faggot?

Who the hell makes all these things.

Yeah, sure. I consider Watchmen to be a bad adaptation because it doesn't capture what made the comic good. It really shouldn't have been a movie.

It was a rhetorical question you faggot. Nobody cares how much you feel violated because Snyder didn't include squid aliens.

There's a difference between your life being threatened and someone actively trying to take your life, but I see your point.

>this whole thread

>wrote Dr Strange
>can't write a tweet

Poetic isn't it?

copying is now what it takes to be a good director? Yickes, how far hollywood has fallen?

The squid alien is not important. It's just a boring adaptation without soul.

Someone with a lot of time on their hands

You honestly think that took a lot of time? Just how slow are you?

Not really since he got paid millions for it

Anna Nicole Smith sucked dick for millions, what's your excuse for sucking corporate dick for free?

>All these things.
> thinks I'm only responding about 1

t. Speedreader

So you think it's just one person? You're not too bright, are you?