Wrote, paid for, shot, an entire feature film

>wrote, paid for, shot, an entire feature film
>too lazy to edit it

i cannot find the drive to cut the footage together. its driving me insane. its different if its effect scenes though. i will sit there and trace out a clip frame by frame by frame by frame for a week. but i cant sit down and cut a scene together for more than 5 minutes before getting bored.

whered oy ou find the motivation to edit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WUW2hRQkegM
youtube.com/watch?v=r-nUje6zbfk
youtube.com/watch?v=jQK3kMcdasc
youtube.com/watch?v=oGW3wnB33Jc
youtube.com/watch?v=59kq85gdFTE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Remember this.

At least you have gone out there and actually done something instead of shitpostan all day every day. That's already more than most of us have accomplished. Keep at it and have faith.

best anime

its pretty good. wouldnt call it best. but its got this major comfy vibe and its rare to find a show american or japanese, that really explores male friendships the way this one does.

other shows pretend to but the men just happen to be in the same story exploring different subplots, often romantic. this one really sticks with what they bond together with.

>keep at it and have faith

what would that accomplish?

Better to have tried and failed than to have died a worthless coward cuck, or something like that.
t. Captain GARlock, a real man's man

what happened to martial arts tournament movies?

just power through it retard

ive become one of those people i hate, the kind who cant understand how that is possible. I even took aderall one day to try and get shit done. nothing happened.

I had a car accident last year that gave me some minor brain damage. learning how to write a gain was hard enough but learning how to edit is killing me. i mean i know HOW but getting the pattern in my brain is so tough. its been 3 months of me coming home, opening premiere and staring at the screen.

backbefore the accident i could sit down and edit 20 minutes of footage in a day.

URAMESHI

In that case I have no idea

Hang in there. Small steps add up. Create a lot of small, SMART (acronym, look it up) goals. Rome wasn't built in a day. You can make a list of editing techniques and leave it at that for the day. No first step is too small. You're thinking about it and care enough to make a thread, I think you're off to a good start. Take it slow and don't compare yourself to the success of others.

Damn. I feel for you. I'm kind of in the same boat - though no accident, only seasonal depression. Lel. I hope it's just seasonal. In summer I could write 12 hours a day, literally didn't understand the need for sleep and food. Now I hate my book, hate everything and want to kms. Perhaps see a shrink, if you live in a 1st world country. I live in a third world shithole where pretty much all the shrinks and psychiatrists are scammers and hacks, so I just have to hope that if I ignore it, it (depression) will eventually go away and someday I'll be genki and manic again.

i dont think i really need a therapist, that'd just take more time away. i still write just fine, i work just fine, i even film just fine, just did a pick up on saturday that was great. its literally just editing.

i did that already. the goal every day for the last week has just been 'finish this one scene'.

it doesnt even have to be timed correctly, just getting all the different shots in. but i just end up doing other shit. i spent the whole day just photoshopping artsy shots of cats and girls looking out windows.

I’ve watched and read YYH a couple of times over the years. I prefer HxH as far as Togashi goes, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=WUW2hRQkegM

hunter x hunter is next on my list. i was planning to wait til the english dub is completely done. i hate watching sub ever since the accident, but ill of course do it if the english dub is older and with lots of changes.

How much did you spend on it user? You're wasting money if you don't finish it at this point.

Editing is never easy, It's how men are made (it seems).I'm pretty sure Shane Carruth barely finished Primer, because of how exhaustive it was to do everything.

like 4000 so far. probably more once we get to the music portion. honestly im thinking of shelling out about 800 for an editor if i can get one fresh out of film school. even if they do a shitty job i can easily fix it, but getting all the footage in the timeline seems devastatingly difficult for some reason

Describe the process in more detail. Where are you choosing to start editing? How familiar are you with the editing process? What are you doing when you notice it being boring?

It's fun to watch HxH after YYH because there are characters from YYH that are straight up prototypes for HxH characters,

Damn user I hope you feel better. Anyway as for the editing I have similar problems procrastinating. What I've found helps me is starting with the music. Once I have a track that moves me or that I know I can edit a scene around the work starts to flow naturally. The hardest part is just staring at an empty timeline.

But it also sounds like you're inclined towards effects so maybe start there. That's one part of editing I'm personally trying to improve. Any good resources you could point me towards for PP tutorials? Good luck.

ive heard this a lot though worded differently. i am very curious. I saw up until that weird race they were doing in the first arc, then my friend i was watching it with went back to taiwan. but i recently started watching yu yu hakusho again.

i like that hunter x hunter has more modern animation but the character designs for most of the leads look silly imo, and im not sure ill dig the more childish aspect after watching osmething like yu yu hakusho with its really gritty edge.

on the other hand i like giant monsters, and hopefully it doesn't have really dranw out tournament arcs.

premire pro tutorials? idk man its just an editing software i feel like you just figure it out. you used one you used em all. its just editing. its not like AE where there's so many little tricks to get a look. its just 'hey, heres a timeline, heres your footage, start cutting'.

starting with music doesnt really do shit for me, though once im in the zone i might put on a fitting song to help me stick with it if i see myself wanting to ditch

How long is the movie? I'll edit it/someone will edit it for around 500 bucks if it's about a weeks worth of work.

its a feature. close to 90 minutes if i had to guess. 500 was about what i was hoping for at max.

Ah damn. Well, you've gone miles farther than most people who want to make movies, by making a goddamn movie. You got this far, you can't give up now.

I think you might be underestimating the magnitude of editing. Which is surprising considering you've shot the movie already. Maybe you didn't organize your files well enough? I bet it's an agonizing process, very time consuming, but that's not a good enough reason to let you give up on your vision

I have literally no experience with editing but if I had to edit something I'd put it into digestible portions first. Just get a rough cut of every major scene done, even if it's absolute shit

then improve

Side note, Are you in film school? Or is film your job

If you're in L.A I'll do it for $200.

My friend just got the guy who did Beats of No Nation to edit his feature, and it was a couple thousand. I think you won't have any trouble finding someone for around 500, though it may be closer to 800.

Hit me up if you need an editor ever, I usually mess with cartoons but love using premiere over aftereffects when I get the chance.
youtube.com/watch?v=r-nUje6zbfk

LA boyz represent

>you got this far, you can't give up now.

and yet...

>you might be underestimating the magnitude of editing

no. I've been editing since I was in 8th grade. I created six new episodes of sailor moon, by cutting out footage from the show frame by frame, then mixing and matching the shots in front of new backgrounds to create entirely new scenes and dubbing it over with a voice cast. i did it all man, from the cutting to the editing to the recoloring to the audio engineering. then i went on and did the same thing iwht a 5 episode mini series, back then i could edit 20 minutes of footage in a day.

the files are organized perfectly fine. all the footage is divided up based on scene. now i didnt bother using any slate for it, but thats because i find slates to be less useful then seeing what the shot is. its not like im sititng here struggling to find the right shots. i get the two over the shoulder shots i need and i cant bring my self to sit through the whole take and cut out the footage i want.

>just do the thing you already said you are struggling to do

what?

>are you in film school

graduated in 2012. now i actually manage a small business.

I am in LA and i would hire you for 200. even if you do a shitty job as long as you got all the shots and right takes in place i could clean it up after.

kik? lonelybobcat

>hit me up if oyu ever need an editor

i need an editor now...

Where you at son
UCLA representin'

OP here.

hollywood. like right around sunset and vine

Just got a pretty fresh apartment in Santa Monica, three stories and a roof

whats weird is i had no problem editing the short films i was making as proof of concept for it

youtube.com/watch?v=jQK3kMcdasc

youtube.com/watch?v=oGW3wnB33Jc

youtube.com/watch?v=59kq85gdFTE

even though i had to trace most of the mframe by frame to get lighting and colors right. I think it was a little easier cuz each scene was synced to audio, but idk.

Your actor is a little cheesy but the shots are all great

brb

which one?

what?

>i did that already. the goal every day for the last week has just been 'finish this one scene'.
That's too big a goal. Start incredibly small so you can build up momentum.

Yep, it's time to collaborate. Get someone else to do the rough cut. Everyone starting out is looking to build up their showreel so you shouldn't have problems to find someone who will do it for love (plus cash). Would have been exactly what i wanted a few years ago.

i dont think changing it from 'work on thi sscene' to 'just get a cut done' is going to make a difference.

people are so pricy. 800 is something i didnt want ot have to pay, but even a guy in film school was insisting itd be that much. and i mean i dont blame them i hate doing it.

honestly man i feel like a failure for not being able to dedicate my self to this part. i give my self a little slack when i think about how most filmmakers dont do EVERYTHING and ive already done EVERYTHING else. i even created the prosthetics and such. i did the lighting and im so proud of how it turned out i mean look at this creepy shit. but i just want to edit it.

but i finally saved up some cash. might have to delay any possible vacation, but at least the movie will get done

just do it nigger

FAST / CHEAP / GOOD
PICK TWO^^

ALSO YOU CAN DO THIS. WE ALL BELIEVE IN YOU. IF I CAN FIGURE OUT THIS AFTER EFFECTS CRAP, YOU CAN FIND A WAY TO EDIT YOUR FILM

ill settle for cheap and fast. i can make it good. refining something already edited is easy. but sitting through all the takes doing the little cuts drives me insane.