I need help Sup Forums

So I just finished this on the recommendations of some anons from here on Sup Forums. Marathoned that shit cause it was fantastic. I was wondering if I could get some more recommendations for good action cartoons. Or some cartoons with good plot or character interaction. Help a brother out Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mVAePIyC4kQ
youtube.com/watch?v=60-etRy0dg8
youtube.com/watch?v=nZMrKxxm-QM
youtube.com/watch?v=k0u2fcJlUoM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tron Uprising.
Sym-Bionic Titan.
Green Lantern: The Animated Series.
Motorcity.

Alright well I can give uprising a go. I've seen Green Lantern and I wasn't wild for Sym-bionic Titan (though it did have some good bits). Thank you user. Any one else have suggestions? Feel free go go back a bit, I'm kind of hoping for older cartoons to be honest. I never really watched t.v. much when I was younger so I can honestly say whatever good good cartoons where around when I was younger (like spectacular spider man) I entirely missed.

As for why, well to be honest all this started with trying to find better shit for my niece and nephew to watch, cause I refuse to let them watch stupid brain rotting lul xD shit while I'm watching them, but I'm actually really enjoying this just for myself and I could use some new material.

Have they seen Disney's Pinocchio yet? Every kid should watch that at least once in childhood.

DCAU shows(BTAS,STAS, Batman Beyond,etc.)

Justice League Action

Original Power Puff Girls

Dexter's Lab

Scooby Doo Mystery Inc

You mean the movie right? Actualy...I don't know. I may need to go ask my brother that tomorrow. Probably. Maybe. Honestly they may not have seen it. I've seen their movie collection and it really doesn't have any of the classics.

Thank you user. Got any more?

Big Guy and Rusty

Men In Black

Darkwing Duck

Duck Tales

Rescue Rangers

TailSpin

There's a men in black cartoon?

Now rescue rangers tailspin and duck tails I do remember now that you mention them. Loved those when I was a kid.

Out of curiosity are there any other good spider-man cartoons? I'm kinda in the mood for more spider-man.

Marvel stuff worth watching:
X-Men The Animated Series
Spider-Man The Animated Series
X-Men: Evolution
Spectacular Spider-Man (which you've seen)
Wolverine and the X-Men
The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

The Star Wars stuff is solid.
The Clone Wars (CGI show + Movie) and Rebels are canon. Watch The Clone Wars first.

DC stuff:
The entire DCAU
Young Justice
Teen Titans (stay away from Teen Titans Go!)
The Brave and the Bold

Other stuff I'd rec:

Miraculous Ladybug
Samurai Jack
Codename: Kids Next Door
Spawn: The Animated Series
Powerpuff Girls (the original, not the remake)
Gargoyles
Kim Possible
Beast Wars: Transformers

>Got any more?
2003 TMNT

90s X Men

Xmen Evolution

Megas XLR

Iron Man Armored Adventures

Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes

Xiaolin Showdown

Star Wars Clone Wars(Gendy one for action, CG for story)

Thank you anons.

90's animated Spider-Man.

Ultimate Spider-Man also finished recently. It's a love it or hate it show but became more watchable in later seasons.

For you personally was it a love or a hate? and why?

It has an incredible intro

youtube.com/watch?v=mVAePIyC4kQ

not that guy but Ultimate has a horrifically unbalanced writing style, for instance it will have a serious battle with fantastic action only to be interrupted with anime style jokes ala Teen Titans every 15 seconds.

It's almost unwatchable unless you have serious ADHD

Wasn't teen titans recommended above though?

First 2 seasons were meh and really unbalanced. They'd go from a battle to a freeze frame where Spidey talks to the audience Deadpool style cracking jokes all the time.

It didn't know if it wanted to be a comedy or an action cartoon, so it tried to be both and failed.

Seasons 3-4 toned a lot of that down and made it more watchable. It still wasn't amazing but they seemed to learn from the mistakes of the early seasons.

I also liked that they started introducing and using characters that the general audience wouldn't have heard of. Cloak & Dagger, Squirrel Girl and others recurred though out the last 2 seasons. I like when they give other characters a chance.

yes but I only used it as an example, not to say it's bad but simply because it's the same style but far, far, far worse, to the point of cringy.

Teen Titans has jokes that fit into the story and usually don't miss, almost all of Ultimates jokes miss and feel out of place.

Well thank you for the information. I appreciate it.

Okay yeah just tried it, can't say I care for Ultimate spiderman.

Watch Duck Dodgers

youtube.com/watch?v=60-etRy0dg8

>no one has suggested The Tick

90's spidey is... simply ok, It has some good chapters, lots of average ones, and some bad ones. It's enjoyable but not that great.

Ultimate spider-man is mediocre, I tried to watch a couple of episodes when it started and I actually had to fight down the urge to puke.

To this day, spectacular spider-man is what I consider Spider-man's greatest adapatation. Doll-joints be damned.

Check out Gargoyles also by Weisman, it's above average in general, it has some weak episodes yes, but also a lot of good ones, and a few excellent ones.

Spectacular has terrible voice acting and terrible fight choreography compared with 1994 Spider-Man, there's no weight to the words, no emotion behind the mask, it's a much lighter show.

It's better than Unlimited though, Ultimate is almost as bad as Unlimited but for different reasons.

1994 Spider-Man 1992 X-Men and BTAS are all tonally similar, Spectacular detracts from that idea and is closer to X-Men evolution.

So they're hard to compare, it's more of preferential thing, do you like a more serious Spider-Man or a lighter approach?

>watching the inferior english dub
there's your problem

I'm fine with a serious approach to it, though I don't mind a lighter approach as long as it's not ridiculous.

Yeah, which is why Ultimate is a failure

get out of here Sup Forums

>Gargoyles
just started rewatching it. It's pretty great

Try Young Justice, it's from the same guy

already watched that twice.

Have you seen The Pirates of Dark Water?

Nope, Good?

Very good

youtube.com/watch?v=nZMrKxxm-QM

So is Peter Pan & the Pirates

youtube.com/watch?v=k0u2fcJlUoM

wow this has a lot of the same tone as The Flight of Dragons, which is my favorite movie. Thanks pal

Give Troll Hunters a go. It's more fantasy young adult, but it has similar high school shenanigans, and an interesting fantasy verse to get hooked into.

Motor City
Samurai Jack
Boondocks (seriously)
Justice League Unlimited
Batman Beyond
Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes
Mighty Orbots

Also forgot Godzilla: The Animated Series.

>we will never get a third season
>Peter will never get together with Gwen
>Harry will never get the help he needs
>Kraven will never be caught
>Connors will never get his lab back
>Warren and Norman will never be brought to justice

>Spectacular has terrible voice acting and terrible fight choreography compared with 1994 Spider-Man, there's no weight to the words, no emotion behind the mask, it's a much lighter show.

Are you the same guy who posted about Young Justice a couple of days ago?

>terrible fight choreography compared with 1994 Spider-Man
1994 spidey never throws a punch.

The only way you can honestly think TAS was better than Spectacular is with really heavily shaded nostalgia goggles. The action was shit, the pacing was shit, the stories were watered down shit.

First post absolutely best post

I'd recommend also two underrated DC gems: Legion of Superheroes and Beware the Batman. They both start out a bit bland, but get a lot better as they progress.