Kill Six Billion Demons

Ashton. First ring of Throne.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NNrK7xVG3PM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Page has been up for an hour. Why no thread? Is everyone asleep?

I have been looking at it for 15 minutes before I thought to look for a thread

goddamn abbadon, goddamn

I don't mean to brown nose, but the amount of work Abbadon puts into this by far pales most webcomics. And on a consistent schedule, no less.

I think what's really impressive to me is that Abbadon actively enjoys drawing massive intricate pages like this. It's kind of absurd.

Also, check that train for a sense of scale. Ashton is *huge*

>Ashton
All those cutaways nods and crevices with detailed day to day fanfare and devices that make you feel like a living city
>tfw you could 100% pen a city story to GM with little to no effect just based on the slave tower and collaseum.
My
God
Damn
Dick

Ty abby you're my hero next to gob

Makes me wonder about real estate and how the market fares in Throne. If such things even exists there.

Show me the rowdy boys Abbadon!

>Write story in unrelated world that seems short and involves legends of a 'world gate' or something
>Near the end, suddenly have the main party get kidnapped by slave traders from Outer Ashton
>Story suddenly becomes as long as you want

that feel when you set up a comfy sword and board based on a group of mercenary *not* german black hussar pistol shot and saber cavalry.
Have them take care of their horses and build a kinship In a small civil war between two provinces with a sorded history.
Gate opens and everything gets btfo half the party dies fighting demigod invasion and you get knocked out and sold to the slave pits to fight for your freedom with your remaining comrades and new allies in Throne with a fucked up alien horse and motorbikes.

Is K6bd the ultimate bait and switch setting?

My mind was already fermenting scenarios based around just this little slice of Throne
Abbadon is too good to us

I'm glad we finally have some visuals for all that detail that's in the game about Ashton. Looks pretty awesome.

Everyone party hard on easter and thats why thread's so dead?

Yeah. Allison walked from the ship to Xe Tao and that must have taken hours

And that's only half of the page.

ONLY HALF OF THE PAGE.

Once both pages are on the site he said they'll be combined.
The large size version of both pages will probably be so big that it can't even be posted on Sup Forums.

This is more detail into minor going-ons than most writers give to second nations in their stories.

You're a Big City

You must have huge infrastructure.

Hundreds of guilds all engaged in Yakuza type shit turned up to eleven.

This comic is a breath of fresh air every single page

Fuckin' love this.

It's hardly consistent. Every time he does one of these pages it cuts the release for that week in half.
We've only had 1 page the last two weeks in a row.

Plus i'm butt hurt that the promised 'occasional extra page a month' patreon reward happened once, got brought up once more and never happened again.

Considering how much work must go into just one of the scenery pages, it makes sense. Plus, that's nothing compared to other webcomics' hiatuses.

yeah, it's quality work it's just frustrating to have to wait.
Considering the dude is doing all of the work himself, no support crew for color or inking or anything it's an impressive feat to keep turning out pages on this schedule.

it would be extremely detailed

So wait, what ring of the city did the first part of the story take place in? First? Second? I don't remember.

I hope Kill Six Billion Demons gets the Valerian treatment someday and we get to see this shit on the big screen. I mean, it's basically Throne in space.

youtube.com/watch?v=NNrK7xVG3PM

Outside the Red City, somewhere else in Throne

bump

that's in the waters, outside the city proper

Why would I want rushed shit when I can get this?

Be cool babe and enjoy the slow, incredibly detailed ride.

I wonder if that is sort of to scale - since we now have a close-up of the first layer.

either way, its fucking huge.

Hey that actually looks pretty cool. Never heard of the comic either.

I really doubt it. The first wall is high but if it were as high as in that picture then the whole disk would be pretty small. Unless the first ring isn't even pictured in the big map.

So wait, none of the demiurges have their temples inside the actual city?

Why would they want to live outside the walls along with the lowlife trash? Are they forbidden entrance to the city or something?

That picture made it looks like Throne was almost exclusively made out of giant corpses of gods but from the recent close up it looks at least Ashton in mostly skyscrapers with a few gods in between. Wonder if Abbadon had that design in mind when he first drew that.

Outside the walls isn't the slums. The slums are at the base of the red city, the demiurges places are far away from that. Why would they want to live in the shithole Red City anyway?

I don't think Ashton is pictured there

So they live in like, the suburbs? Makes kinda sense.

Don't see how it could be hidden from view, it's clearly supposed to be the lowest level of city walls.

More like they live on their own islands. Also yes outside the walls is where the slums are but everything outside the walls isn't the slums is what I meant to say.

But we can clearly see that Ashton doesn't look like the first ring on the whole map. I Think Ashton is lower down and just not show. Maybe Abbadon didn't think of it then.