youtube.com/watch?v=LhKV_uWjpcc
youtu.be/rZUs3XQ6fuY
youtube.com/watch?v=EtzlKJ1dObU
youtube.com/watch?v=exyMAumtgt8
tfwiki.net/wiki/Predatory#Foreign_localization
youtube.com/watch?v=pGzXPkdWAXU
youtube.com/watch?v=wQWX1nilz04&t=225s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm impressed how faithful the Japanese casting was to the original performances

Whoever is doing Ed fuckin NAILED IT

>That Jap Jimmy

Cool anime intro for Ed Edd n Eddy when?

Is Eddy Majin Buu?

>batman gets a japanese OP
>it's youtube.com/watch?v=2aSAkXp-Cv0

>Nobody's posted CRY FOR THE MOOOOOON yet
youtu.be/2rSw4Xl5qfs

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=JHyiEcyh-Ds

jesus fuck, eene's japanese dub is on point
i might just rewatch it in japanese for shits n gigs

This. Ed n Edd are spot on and Eddy's voice is pleasant to listen to.

How will you even be able to do that? Where can you find the episodes in Japanese?

Why did OP post Jojo Part 4?

youtube.com/watch?v=9ODtsNMNJXk

You bitches havent seen shit yet

through the internet, user

>JAM Project

That's fucking cheating and you know it.

Jimmy best waifu

>That EEnE dub

Superb

I'm impressed the jap dub is well done.

>They gotta make an intro to explain why Convoy is not called Convoy

KND:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZL3i98dV584

>That Numbuh 5 voice

My sides

Why the fuck is Numbah 5 voiced by a man?

Damn numbah 5 is a smoker

holy shit this is RAD

I wish Marvel and DC would sign on for more tokusatsu adaptations of their properties.
youtube.com/watch?v=me-wMZeKck4

They tried to go for the American voice, but only the grit translated

Gumball got a weird ending

youtube.com/watch?v=hZa8KvMvK4A

>Dat Father

>They got fucking JAM Project to sing a Transformers OP
Of fucking course it's gonna be a great OP, JAM Project are the fucking best when it comes to hotbloodedness.
youtube.com/watch?v=0fW2IK3lnt4
youtube.com/watch?v=Xc6q9rxv-Jk

>tfw Battle Fever J was originally suppose to be the Avengers because Marvel asked them to do two shows
>tfw until Power Rangers Wild Force, Battle Fever J was considered the very first Super Sentai team
>tfw Marvel probably still has rights claims to Battle Fever J, and therefore all of Super Sentai
>tfw Spider-verse confirmed that Supaidaman is canon in Marvel Comics in his own universe

Wow Japanese Ed sound EXACTLY like his english voice.

That is crazy to me.

It's like the english voice actor is speaking Japanese.

You'd think they'd translate the name, or least ''punch'' and ''kick'' when Numbuh 4 says them.

Why is Japan always better

Not for the Scooby Doo intro.

youtube.com/watch?v=8dGGY_JpYAo

I tried to find some Tom and Jerry shorts in Japanese. There used to be a lot on youtube around 5 years ago, but I can't seem to find any. I did end up finding Japanese versions of the songs in Tom and Jerry The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=oJLAgkLxXL0

>ware ware [something]
There was an attempt.jpg
Also, I remember seeing the zoot cat in jap, but I have no idea if it was an official dub or a fandub.
Tom was talking about becoming michael jackson instead of a zoot suiter.

Everyone's pretty solid besides Numbah 5. Dubs that manage to almost get it right like this always interest me the most just because they make me wonder why they fucked up on that one aspect when they were doing such a good job up until then.

Possibly a fandub, but I'm not sure. The Japanese Tom and Jerry does have a narrator that talks over everything constantly and I think Tom and Jerry do talk more than usual (without moving their mouths obviously). Shame I can't find jack shit. Most of the videos must have been taken down.

Fun fact: Eddy and Double D's voice actors are the voices of Okuyasu and Shigechi.
(Or Hugo from Street Fighter and Teddy from Persona for those not into Jojo)

I think the problem is that they don't have any sassy black women in Japan.

I can see it (well, hear it) now that you mention it. Specially with Edd.

Wataru Takagi was the replacement voice actor for Eddy, before that it was Toshitaka Shimizu. I don't know which episode it changed though.

Who's voicing Eddy? I read that the first one died, and his second voice actor is Wataru Takagi (who was the COOLEST GUY, Garrod, and Eikichi Onizuka)

As someone who's actually rewatched this series recently, I can honestly say the Japanese version is superior.
youtube.com/watch?v=08gLr70-HUY

>The Japanese Tom and Jerry does have a narrator that talks over everything constantly

Japanese Looney Tunes and Classic Disney shorts have the same problem.

The Disney and Looney Tunes shorts got redubbed a few years ago for DVD release and are more accurately translated, eliminating the constant narration (and Kappei Yamaguchi is a pretty freakin perfect Bugs Bunny).

I dunno if Tom & Jerry got a redub, though.

>Wataru Takagi

That guy does such a good American accent.

They always get him to play "young cool guys" because the Japanese associate American accents with people who are hip but clueless.

I don't want to start an East vs West thing, but even as someone who appreciates both sides I feel it must be said how impressive it is Japan made the effort to get the character and pace of the original VAs down.
Most dubs I've heard are really fucking off even if they're not necessarily bad.

How well did EEnE do in Japan?
What did they think of the sumo episode?

Well fuck if this isn't charming. Was this actually in the Japanese version or was it done as a bit for a regular episode?

youtube.com/watch?v=5ya-xLnQxs8

It's in the Japanese version. I believe it's the ending

>Classic Disney shorts

The original Japanese dubs for the old Disney shorts were absolutely god awful. Not just because of the narration, either.

Like, Donald Duck talked in a normal voice, except whenever he screamed they would just play the Clarence Nash audio, which didn't even remotely mesh with the Japanese actor. It was so shitty.

The Japanese Ren & Stimpy dub was pretty cheap and awful, too. Likewise, they wouldn't dub screaming with the Japanese actors. So whenever Ren would yell, it would switch back to Billy West and sound totally fucking off.

The Japanese are better than dubbing foreign cartoons than most markets, but let's not act like they're flawless. They do the same horrible shit that we do to anime (ie; every single Transformers cartoon that has ever been dubbed into Japanese).

Is that one size fits ed? Only season 1 and 2 were dubbed for japan, so they wouldn't have gotten that one.

>How well did EEnE do in Japan?

Cancelled after 2 seasons (52 episodes).

>What did they think of the sumo episode?

Didn't make it that far.

Most American cartoons don't last very long on the Japanese market. King of the Hill got cancelled after 1 season (13 episodes).

>Most American cartoons don't last very long on the Japanese market.

In that regard, it's actually pretty amazing how long The Simpsons has lasted.

The dub made it up to season 12, and it STILL airs in sub-only format on the Japanese version of Fox.

Aren't most American cartoons just put on satellite networks like Cartoon Network Japan? The most recent show that got aired on Japanese television was TMNT 2012, and that tanked.

Oh man, Rolf's "JAMA DA" killed me.

Yeah, there are very few American cartoons on broadcast networks. The ones that do air rarely succeed.

TMNT 2012 got canned after 26 episodes.

The Horsey Show ran for 52 episodes and then actually got 26 episodes of repackaged reruns, which is unusual.

Everything else is satellite exclusive. Which is for the best, since the shows aren't manhandled as badly as when they're on broadcast networks (no time edits, or educational "corner programs" attached to the end of episodes, etc.).

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ukCYa6BbyYA

This is ultra kawaii

Oh my god, Ed Edd n Eddy. This is the best Japanese dub for a cartoon I've ever heard.

>TMNT 2012 got canned after 26 episodes.

Really surprised by that. TMNT has a following in Japan. The original cartoon ran for 102 episodes on a broadcast network, which is fuckin unheard of.

The 2003 cartoon only lasted 52 episodes, but on a broadcast network that's not really so bad.

They should just do what Transformers did and move TMNT from broadcast to satellite. Transformers is being treated a LOT better on satellite than it ever was on TV Tokyo/Aichi. TMNT could benefit from some of that.

The first 2 seasons seems to be on CNs japanese youtube, but I can't find a downloader that works on japanese videos at the moment.

youtube.com/watch?v=jWvw7SuI1SQ

>Was this actually in the Japanese version
Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=LhKV_uWjpcc

I recognise Numbuh 4's voice from somewhere

>That time TMNT went full Narutard with its intro

youtu.be/rZUs3XQ6fuY

Damn, that Ed is spot on.

Have the japanese never heard a black person talk, or something?

I like how there was an Egyptian dub of the simpsons where homer was named mohammed and drank soda instead of beer it got canceled after like 5 episodes

Turns a catch phrase (Blame it on The Thunder!) into an anime special move. (Thunder Power Burst!)

The Japanese Simpsons fanbase is actually pretty sizeable.

When they dubbed The Simpsons Movie, they replaced the main cast with Japanese celebrities and fans were PISSED.

When it got released on DVD, they did a second dub featuring the original TV cast and actually used that as the main track (with the Japanese celebrity dub being an optional track). All to appease Japanese Simpsons fans.

Unfortunately, Japanese Homer Simpson died earlier this year.

Outside of America, black people talk like normal people.

Battle Fever J was going to be Captain America

murican homer simpson says doing the voice rapes his throat and he can do it for much longer

Thanks!

>not available in my country

Oh god damn it.

Yeah it's japan only it seems, sorry. I think there are some youtube downloaders out there that can get around it because I managed to download the first 4 eps that way, but it was a really shady weirdly named one and I can't remember what it was called.

damn the voice are great,that double d sounds even whimpier and even more of a fag

youtube.com/watch?v=EtzlKJ1dObU
Nope.

Step up, senpai!
youtube.com/watch?v=exyMAumtgt8

This is actually pretty hype what the hell

>Kuki sounds 100% the same
Well I wonder was THAT intentional, huh? Kek.

I'm surprised King of the Hill got a dub at all.

>I'm surprised King of the Hill got a dub at all.

You should try listening to it sometime.

Hank sounds like he's 17 years old.

>They do the same horrible shit that we do to anime (ie; every single Transformers cartoon that has ever been dubbed into Japanese).

No American Transformers cartoon has ever gotten a good Japanese dub. Not one.

What's most frustrating is that they get GOOD voices for the characters (most of the time). But they always fuck it by doing too much adlibbing or changing the script or cutting 3 minutes out of episodes or having a narrator talk during the whole episode.

It always feels like such a waste.

>No American Transformers cartoon has ever gotten a good Japanese dub. Not one.

I dunno...

>tfwiki.net/wiki/Predatory#Foreign_localization

>Airachnid's personality is considerably altered for the Japanese dub; she's now a talkative, vain, boy-crazy romantic. Her pursuit of Jack is rewritten into a Pepe Le Pew parody, as Airachnid makes swooning, seductive comments as she amorously chases her unwilling target through the forest.

Airachnid being a yandere /ss/ maniac sounds like an improvement to the character.

This is just making me think of those after-credits scenes in polar bear cafe

That show was great and it kinda hurts to know nobody knows about it beyond that one scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=pGzXPkdWAXU

Do even japanese people watch western cartoons

This thread reminds me of that time early 2000s Teletoon in Canada (the English one!) decided to make an Ed, Edd n Eddy promo in Japanese for some reason: youtube.com/watch?v=wQWX1nilz04&t=225s

Do western people watch japanese cartoons?

Samurai Jack?

Do western people watch western cartoons?

No, because Western cartoons are shit for normies. Normies only watch anime.

They're great for Sup Forums autists, though.