Started playing Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy

>Started playing Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy
>Two minutes in and Star-Lord is already a lovable rogue manchild
>70's pop rock is playing, of course

After the movie (that is good, but only as movies) and Bendis, will these characters ever recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3C2Z8NuXx3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nah, they're fucked

all characters become whatever they were in the last blockbuster movie they were in. Look at fucking wolverine for godsake

He's dead, jim

>playing
>Telltale
Pick one.

Now that Bendis has lost interest someone will rehabilitate at some distant future point. But the GotG are the stellar example of movie synergy cancerizing characters.

Just like at the end of Logan.

No.

GotG were Z-listers before the movie (compared to Cap or Iron Man who were more in the B and C lists) and their sudden, unexpected popularity made sure that they'd never go back to previous characterizations. If you were the CEO of a company and a property had like 10 fans, then suddenly a new take on the property brought in 10 million fans, would you not continue with the new take? It's sad, but it is what it is. The characters will never be the same from now on. They don't have more than 70 years of stories, they don't have an "iconic characterization", they were always a niche team even for comic book readers.

You expected it not to be based on the movie?

>Started playing game that doesn't come out until tomorrow
Yeah, go fuck yourself, faggot.

It is available already.

youtube.com/watch?v=3C2Z8NuXx3s

Well, I'm the faggot then, sorry.

Honestly forgot about that game. Thought it was after the Spiderman game.

But yea its basically a playable first movie. Everything Guardians related is gonna be movie related from now on.
Cuz thats why foljs like the them cuz of the movies. They are nevet going back.

Which happened before the movie.
HYPERCRISIS

Unless the game actually ends with a dance-off quit bitching

Might as well, are the GotG comics good? Which ones should I start with? Feeling like reading some space opera lately.

>tfw i warned all the anons that this movie was going to ruin the comics
>tfw people just said i was an idiot
>tfw seeing all those ooga chaka threads up until, during, and after the movie was in theaters
>tfw the ooga chakas never ended
>tfw i was right and wished so hard that i was dead wrong

MCU was a mistake.

DnA Guardian's is good isolated, but as part of Marvel Cosmic, is excellent.

And then came Bendis.

What was Quill's characterization pre-Bendis? I've only read a little bit of Guardians and I just remember him being this kind of space cop. It's been years though since I've last read it.

He still cracked jokes but he was hardened by being in space and dealing with all sorts of shit. Honestly they didn't change his personality that much. He just lost his costume and resembled his movie self more.

Morg isn't black?

>tfw i warned all the anons that this movie was going to ruin the comics
But it didn't, it just changed from Bendis shit to other shit. It's the same quality as before, if anything DnA ruined Guardians, since that's when they got popular enough for Bendis to give a shit.

pretty much this .
Also, he already reconciled with his father in his old run, while Bendis pretty much turned him into daddy issues: the character

lol no

They've become replaced by their movie selves in all iterations and by all writers. Not just Bendis. It's movie synergy and Marvel has done it for more than just GotG.

How long is the episode? Is it atleast a decent length? I feel like telltale game episodes have been getting shorter and shorter

We got a fucking telltale "game" but we'll never have a Mass Effect 1 styled GotG game based on the DnA run

What if it does end in a dance-off but you get to pick the moves he does and which ones you pick determines how the ending plays out?

Mite b cool desu senpai.

NEVER

If it wasn't for the movie, there wouldn't be any comics to ruin.

More accurately, he's old. Just like in Logan, which they knew was on its way.

And that would've been better

He's exactly the same, just older and minus the music.

Why would you want that? The comics already exist and Mass Effect is shit anyway.

I swear nobody has an ounce of creativity when it comes to the GOTG. Marvel just wants to rehash the movie and everyone else just wants a rehash of DnA.

Yes, but they were replaced by their Bendis-selves before being replaced by their movie-selves and their movie personalities is still better than Bendis' post-DnA pre-movie takes. Or need I remind you of "BLAM Murdered you!"

And anyways, Giffen and DnA's takes on the property and characters was already completely different from their previous portrayals so it's pretty fucking hypocritical to be going full not muh. Englehart's Mantis is the one true Mantis. Starlin's Gamora, Warlock, Drax and Thanos are the true versions. Kirby's Groot is better than "I am Groot, King of Planet Groot, where everyone is named Groot." Claremont's Star-Lord had more pathos than Mr. Coffee & Guns.

They were already bastardized versions of the characters to justify "le epic space opera XD" compared to the introspective neo-spiritual character studies they were before.

DnA just took Giffen's versions of the characters, flanderized them, and turned them into a poor man's Infinity Watch.

Oh god damn it I still haven't seen it

Tell that to the Fantastic Four fans.

Look at the current Suicide Squad line up

This.

>based off of movie interpretations
>surprised when they're similar to movie interpretations

You're a dummy ,dummy.

>Suicide Squad
>Practically no one dies

I don't hate Telltale as much as the rest of Sup Forums but you could tell that this was going to be the laziest of cash ins.

What's a more accurate name then?

"High-risk-but-with-lots-of-plot-armour Squadron"

>After the movie (that is good
lol

Enjoy your disnified DANCE OFF BRO crap for the rest of eternity.

Mass Effect 1 is good and I think that a GotG game should have that same TPS style

>everyone else just wants a rehash of DnA
Because it was great?
They could do a pulp guardians game too, with the old Star-Lord

Synergy Squad

Yeah, it was great, but it already happened. It's been over for 7 damn years. Time to let it go, cause you were never getting a rehash, movie or no.

>based on the DnA run
Fuck off, newfag

No u

>trailer uses johnny cash's cover of 'hurt'
>didnt expect protag to die
???