This wasnt so bad...

This wasnt so bad, but you guys want to have the contrarian opinion and will say its awful for the sake of being different.

uh how is it contrarian when everyone agrees with us?

Godlike scenario setup, terrible execution with a handful of great scenes bogged down by waves of bad ones.

hoh wow the contrarian-target argument. wooweee ive never heard this before in the exact same phrasing

The opening scene where the bombs fall on the dread naught was tarded breh. Not how gravity works in space.

The main plot points wouldn't have bothered me if the execution was decent. But it wasn't.

The dialogues, the motivations, the presentation, it was all fucking terrible.

this

>contrarian
>half of the people who viewed it disliked it

please, if anything it's reddit to dislike the film and we should be pretending it's a masterpiece like we did to BVS

Maybe people genuinely don't like it?

reddit hates it

nu-Sup Forums is all redditors

"Wasn't so bad" is a low fucking bar

>we hate it because its different
By different you mean it totally and proudly deconstructs the Star Wars narrative as well as totally neglecting the hero's journey? Because it seems like the whole movie was created to please San Francisco and LA.

It suffers from the prequel syndrome. We're told a lot of things, and what we're shown doesn't mesh with how characters are reacting to it. Death and explosions, sense of urgency is completely deflated by characters simply not reacting to it, doing their stuff as if nothing was happening, no care in the world.

You can't fix a bad movie with special effects, and TLJ is a bad movie that tried to fix its shortcomings with special effects.

It seems to me that Rian simply couldn't handle a production this big and unintentionally turned the whole film into an amateurish farce.

Retarded 90s born queer kill yourself.

>we
Go back faggot

Star Wars has always portrayed gravity wrong. I remember in the clone war series they jump off the hull of one ship down to another one, as if there was gravity in space.

Weaponized lightspeed breaks everything

>you can turn ships into superweapons by light speeding into other ships
>not just using lightspeed torpedoes to destroy entire Imperial Fleets
>not just light speeding the smaller Cruisers into the fleet

The scene looked cool as fuck. But I was just so floored by how fucking stupid of a concept it was.

Also
>call your trusted advice person
>ignore their advice
>get betrayed

>That marketing
>the red everywhere
>that trailer ending ominously
>that poster

Literally every piece of marketing foreshadowed a turn to the dark side, or dire circumstances. And what happened? Nothing.

Except 90s kids are the ones praising the Prequels and hating on the new trilogy.

It was a really really good movie. People here are just primed to hate it and have been shitposting about it for literally two years. They want to stick it to Disney, so they watch with their arms crossed trying to pick out gripes, it makes them blind to the basic plot and themes.

lightspeedmind

I'm an expert statistician and 90% of people discussing the Last Jedi on this board haven't seen it yet. Prove me wrong.

m8 disney brought me tangled i dont h8 them

There's nothing contrarian about saying it's awful when we're all saying it. In fact, the contrarian would be the guy posting on a board where everyone thinks its awful about how not awful it is. Gtfo kid.