Reminder that this movie was hated by fans upon its release for hurting their feefees and not deliberately pandering to...

Reminder that this movie was hated by fans upon its release for hurting their feefees and not deliberately pandering to their expectations but was eventually vindicated by history and is now widely agreed to be the best movie of the franchise

>Reminder that this movie was hated by fans upon its release
No.

REMINDER: it had characters with substance, a storyline that made sense.

could you be more wrong?

Only faggots who are Jew Wars fans say this. Empire was beloved and with a twist like it had it made fucking history and shifted culture.

Things happened in ESB.
Nothing happened in TLJ. Literally nothing.

This. ESB had the most shocking reveal in cinema history and has had filmmakers obsessed with including twists in their narratives ever since.

>Empire had no CGI, actual swordfight choreography instead of LOL LUKE DODGES LIGHTSABERS WITH HIS FACE IN SLO-MO, Harrison Ford and the best art direction in the entire series. Also, Billy Dee Williams was so suave you wouldn't even call him a diversity hire, he was just the right guy for the job.

TLJ is filled with computer-generated shit and deliberately retro (and therefore derivative) design, annoying diversity hires who aren't up to snuff (except for Oscar Isaac who is always good), a fucking rabbit-toothed Mary Sue, a scrawny geek Vader wannabe and Mark Hamill being a consummate professional taking one for the team even though he knows his characterization's shit.

The sequels will be remembered as meh.

God damn, you're so fucking right. Han, Luke and Leia were already interesting characters, fun and charismatic, and literally every little part of Empire played into one another for an epic conclusion and really built all the characters up.

Wait?

>Finn, Poe, Rey, Kylo Ren all suck.
>Even if they didn't suck, all the plotlines are so heavily detached that if none of the other characters did anything besides Luke, Rey, Leia, and Kylo then the plot could have moved on.
>Finn and Rose plotline was actually completely worthless.
>No reason for Laura Dern and Leia not to tell Poe the plan.
>Snoke was completely wasted and never explained.
>This one does not make me want to see what happens next like Empire did.

The critics who hated this movie (As well as the first) derided it as being childish. People who took interest in the movie loved it.

The OT will stand time immortal in pop culture. All other Star Shit will be forgotten. Screencap this.

Batman V Superman will be seen as a masterpiece too, right faggot?

>Hated by fans
WRONG
It was hated by CRITICS.

Prequels will be more remembered than Nu Star Wars which is the funniest thing

The critics were right. The themes are childish and derivative, the force is abused too many times to keep the plot moving since it couldn't progress naturally, and the romance was poorly paced ass. ESB is one of the most overrated films I've ever seen and it's greatest strengths are its action and music.

Shut up, Rian.

Batman v Superman is actually a tonal and structural mess of a film

assmad """fans""" hate TLJ because HURR NOT MUH LUKE SKYWALKER SNOKE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PLAGUEIS REEEE

Nigger ebin tweests have been a staple of drama since fucking Sophocles invented the original mindfuck franchise

My movie abuses the force voodoo magic to retarded levels too fag

First three posts best posts

This scene alone is in service of antagonizing the Star Wars plebs.
The vulgarity and annoyance of IMDB/reddit sensibility movie goers IS the essence of this film.
All through the entire movie I couldn't get the image of Johnson plunging his dagger into a hot pocket out of my head. This film is a noose around the neck of Star Wars cancer. Johnson then kicks away with the stool.

Like Refns answer to the Drive plebs with OGF
This is Johnsons answer the the TFA scum

thats a good joke

Where the only 'emotional' thing in your entire movie is killing off the protagonist from the originals.

>when they clearly had to edit in Kylo picking up the GHOSSSSTTTT DICEEEE in post since it got overlooked
>milk tits
>the entire code cracking thing, when rey sue just gets through with 0 hitch

Everyone loved this movie when it came out.

You couldn't be more wrong.

The last jedi was mediocre at best

This. If anything, the Last Jedi is the exact opposite.

OT fags are literally the worst people on earth. Worse than child molesters.
Who throws a nonstop 20 year long temper tantrum merely over somebody making a few bad movies???
OT fags, that's who

While I still think ANH > ESB, ESB was full of content and plot progression
>Rebels are on the run after their victory at Yavin 4
>Han and Leia romance development
>We see the Emperor for the first time, someone who even Vader answers to
>Luke realizes that believing in the forces isnt enough and he needs training after getting BTFO by Vader
>The shocking reveal that Vader is his father
>Also introduction of a charming black man that audiences love even though he betrays Han to ensure his city's safety and more scenes of Leia being an expert marksman

>for hurting their feefees and not deliberately pandering to their expectations
well that's exactly what 'The Last Jedi' didn't do, so I guess it's a shitty movie

Remember when Empire's twist was that Luke was a nobody, and the returning villain was killed off without any kind of explanation of who he really was? Me neither.