Gosling was amazing in 2049

I'll admit. I'm not a big fan of this actor. I've never been impressed by his acting. And don't get me wrong, he's not particularly bad or let's say, mediocre... But i never understood the hype around this guy. He was Ok-ish in "Drive"...Kinda meh in "Only God Forgives" (but then again it's hard to blame it all on him because the film's script sucked). Showed more versatility in "La La Land" (but not my type of film to be honest.) I haven't seen all his films but his most memorable one was "The Believer".

Until i saw 2049.
I don't know what it was. Maybe he was just made for that role. Maybe it was taylor made for his acting style.

But, whatever it was...I thought he was surprisingly solid in as "Agent K". Fantastic acting on his part. I can't believe i'm saying this, but he actually was touching. His character arc was not only believable but also very tragic. Anyway, all in all, very impressed. And yet i've just learned that the film was completely ignored at the Golden Globes & he wasn't nominated for anything. No mention of Villeneuve either...And i think it'll also get completely ignored at the oscars. Hollywood doesn't care about sci-fi anyway.

Other urls found in this thread:

goldenglobes.com/winners-nominees
youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shut up and talk about star warz

>Shut up and talk about star warz
I haven't seen it yet.

>Blade Runner 2049 wasn't nominated for anything
>fucking nothing
>not even for the gorgeous cinematography
>meanwhile fucking forgettable indie flicks like Call me By Your Name are getting nominated solely due to progression points and nothing else.

Cinema is dead, just switch to TV.

He's really good at playing subtle characters. He's not a yelling and screaming acting kind of guy, he's very well suited for subdued roles like this where most of what's going on is beneath the surface.

He knows it too, that's why he goes for roles like this.

Can you explain in detail why Call me By Your Name was forgettable?

>He was Ok-ish in "Drive"
BEGONE FOUL TOURIST!

Bruh you do realize Golden Globes have no technical categories right?

The fact that it wasn't even nominated for best motion picture drama while Call Me By Your Name was (along with fucking Get Out for best comedy) is telling in itself.

I'm looking at some of the nominations here, there seems to be some interesting films here and there but it's still surprising how 2049 was completely ignored. (and yet, like i said above, not that surprising since it's sci-fi)
goldenglobes.com/winners-nominees

Generally, golden globes are an indication of future oscar nominations. So it doesn't look good at all for Villeneuve's film. I wonder if it'll even get nominated for best special effects or something.. I wonder if the film's is getting punished not because it was a box office failure..But because of some of the complaints. (i.e. sexist, not enough diversity etc..) But then again Nolan's Dunkirk doesn't have much "diversity" in it. Maybe it's the sexist element? Or maybe it's just too "niche" for film juries? (i.e. cyberpunk, existentialist sci-fi)

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y

he was solid, but had nothing to work with.

>has to portrait an autistic robot
he was born for it

I canĀ“t identify with Gosling. He can have whatever woman he wants.

>the goose
>3Dpiggu

well apparently Harrison ford was told by the people who contacted him about being in this movie that they had already settled on gosling when he thought he was the first to nominate gosling for the role, thinking hed be perfect for it, after reading the script.
tl;dr he was just made for that role

Villeneuve said he created the role just for Gosling, he wouldn't take anyone else

>50 minutes
>nothing
Why are 2049 drones so cinematically bankrupt?

maybe but pretty sure the script was a long time in the making, before even Villeneuve was involved. dunno when ford got it.

The script was actually written with the idea that Gosling would play K, so no surprise there.

>but then again it's hard to blame it all on him because the film's script sucked
get a load of this pleb

Get Out was good, but it certainly wasn't a comedy. Not even a dark comedy.