Marvel Legacy

Other urls found in this thread:

nerdist.com/spider-men-ii-will-unite-peter-parker-and-miles-morales-at-last/
abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/marvels-generations-original-wolverine-hulk-iron-man-return/story?id=46331912
bleedingcool.com/2017/04/04/marvels-generations-anyway/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh boy.

They will never fucking stop.

So in Generations after the originals pat their legacies on the back for being amazing and telling them how they're proud to have someone like them carrying their torch, this is going to be a celebration of those legacy characters, right?

>Sam & Steve
off to a great start there Marvel

All new, all different?

I want Legacy back too

yeah it's what they're probably calling this years' inevitable post event relaunch 'season'

So expect Marvel to spoiler the fuck out of Secret Empire before the 2nd week of June when the September solicitations come out.

Amirite?

That's gonna get a lot of mileage

hopefully.

Wtf is this nonsense?

Just another event. don't worry.

This will end up being some kind of relaunch that tries to pander to the core readership by bringing back classic character. But with Marvel's current stable of writers I have zero confidence any of it will be any good. It will mostly likely be a success anyway because hardcore fanboy pandering always works regardless of actual quality

Everybody trying to rip off paolo rivera and failing.

Let me guess The original heroes are fighting their new hip young versions for some bull shit reason and Thanos will be in it for no reason.

I just don't care anymore

Truly, the House of Ideas

Damn you Marvel for promoting your comics!

DAMN YOU TO HELL!

I hope it's about Eli and Kid Vision punching the crap out of Sam and Viv Vision for the right to be legacy characters.

If only, right?

Kek nice

Oh god what if this is all leading up to Bendis writing 616 Spider-Man.

nerdist.com/spider-men-ii-will-unite-peter-parker-and-miles-morales-at-last/

abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/marvels-generations-original-wolverine-hulk-iron-man-return/story?id=46331912
>Is this self-contained? Is this an alternate timeline?
>In one word: No.
>"These stories do happen, they really count. They really matter. This isn't some alternate reality story or some time-travel story," Alonso explained.
>This isn't some alternate reality story or some time-travel story," Alonso explained
bleedingcool.com/2017/04/04/marvels-generations-anyway/
>The series will see current, more diverse or younger heroes, getting “zapped” out of the universe for a second or two, for a one-off adventure with their legacy equivalent character, then return back to the current Marvel Universe. That’s it. Hyping it as more than that could be a mistake. These are feel good all in one
Why must they lie so much and so hard?

Yes, damn them for promoting their comics by paying interns to astroturf Sup Forums.

Incidentally, you have to go back.

literally no difference from reg spiderman except two inflated mounds on the chest.

Post better legacy character that the one who have now.

If anything, based on that interview it seems as though Miles might be changing his superhero title.

spider boy?

>Marvel tells retailers in a private summit increased diversity in their comics are to blame for lagging sales.
>Mainstream media gets hold of it and shits all over Marvel.
>Marvel reiterates their commitment to producing diverse books and lauds the sales of Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel and FemThor.
Marvel will tell you what they want you to hear yet do nothing about it to make anyone happy. It's business as usual for them really.

Legacy characters with the retro ones with old numbers.

Their own rebirth.

This is what my first thought was

E V E N T S
V
E
N
T
S
How are the readers not tired of events yet?

It's probably a relaunch though not that it makes it any better.

>two books for every old and beaten MCU character, one original and one legacy

It's still horrible. Marvel will continue to ruin the last good things they have left. Just wait and see how they'll screw up the Mar-Vell/Carol

MARVEL IS GAY AND FAGGOT

>implying anyone is going to be watching television for leisure after September 23rd

>September 23rd
Sigh. OK, tell me why.

The rapture and the following global tribulation

Meh, the Mignolaverse is much better.

Is this the fabled Marvel Rebirth?

The fuck does that mean?!

No, because this is about legacy characters.

oh you mean kang?

>>Marvel Legacy!
>>Staring PATRIOT (THe new one in Secret Empire)

any of the young x-men that have been introduced in the past two decades that aren't the original 5

More like:
>Marvel JUST

God's elect go up, fallen angels come down, seals/vial/trumpets get broken/poured/blown (in reverse order btw), 7 years from september 23rd til judgement day.

>mfw my favorite young Marvel character isn't legacy so Marvel doesn't care about her

Kid Arachnid

I fell for the Generations and Nova meme I'm the one to blame for giving them a chance in the first place though.

According to Rich, that'll be called Make Mine Marvel.

I was thinking the same thing

I can't fucking handle these endless events and relaunches. I'm fucking done.

Generations isn't out yet. It'll probably suck, though.
Nova is just really mediocre, tbqh

Can someone explain what this means? I come to Sup Forums for the cartoon discussion mostly so I'm only vaguely aware of the current state of comic books.

what the hell is wrong with cho's face?

"No more events for 18 months".

"Sorry, you misheard us, we meant 18 minutes."

> Original is amazed by Legacy and how much better they are. "You are a greater hero than I ever was."

It probably isn't an event, just a banner that they'll put over some books. Like "The Initiative", "Dark Reign", "Heroic Age" or "ResurXion"

Putting the OG and Legacy character into shared anthology comics could be a good move.

What if it's NEW legacies to replace the old legacy replacements?

For the past few years, Marvel has been going crazy with making legacy characters, which are usually intended to be replacements. Like Riri Williams and Tony Stark.
Marvel themselves has admitted they know most readers don't like these characters, but they still believe they can make them work.

Why not just come up with new superheroes? Or is that what they've been doing forever and our running out of good ideas, so they come up with this legacy thing?

Spider-Boy, Boy Spider

Miles is jerking him off.

Too much work coming up with entirely new characters.
With legacies, all you have to do is change the skin color, make the costume look a little different, and come up with a bland supporting cast. Then you can act like it's a completely new character while also riding of the coattails of the original.

I think its misdirect. It's time for Marvel's "Welp, shits been different for awhile so let's make the old new again" relaunch.

Matthew 24:36, heretic.

Spew your /x/-tier bull elsewhere.

That's actually a pretty good name, and it would actually symbolize Marvel's Rebirth very well symbolically.

>going back to classic heroes and storytelling themes
>promote it using a phrase closely associated with classic Marvel

>FALL
I like that word.

Damn, a day before my birthday.

Whatever this is, it is pic related's idea. Its gonna be amazing!

Why the fuck doesn't Cyclops get to be in this?

You're retarded.

DEAR LORD, NO!

that sucks

I can't wait for the Incredible Hijab and Sharia-Man!

Damn, that lady is "woke as fuck"!

Can we send this in to marvel? Why is she allowed to be blatantly racist, and openly support shahira law?

Most artists have been fired for less, except for muslim boy who got "reprimanded" for supporting views of extremists.

More David Mazzuchelli. Look at Batman: Year One, and the Daredevil comics he worked on.

>>>The series will see current, more diverse or younger heroes, getting “zapped” out of the universe for a second or two, for a one-off adventure with their legacy equivalent character

Uh, okay.

They already know, i'm sure. She doesn't openly support sharia law, she just openly supports someone than openly supports sharia law.

the most dangerous thing in those tweets was her being quoted as saying "great thing about comic book characters, race/gender can be stripped away, (when you do this) you (meaning SJWs/tumblerinas) connect to them fundamentally.

She sees superheroes as gods/templates that can be filled with anyone and everyone. Steve Rogers isn't important, Captain America is. Tony Stark isn't important, Iron Man is. Peter Parker isn't important, Spider-Man is.

The irony is that Ayan Hirsi Ali is a victim of FGM, not just opposed to it. Linda Sarsour is cancer.

He's worse than Hitler remember?

Because the real Cyclops died in the most editorially mandated/retarded way possible.

Future you chose etc.

Honestly, he was kind of a bitch back then, until he bonded with Rick. That butt sticker is still hilarious, though.

Normally I love cool one-shots like this, but since this is Current Year Marvel, I have no doubt it will be cringy as fuck.

>Just wait and see how they'll screw up the Mar-Vell/Carol

God, I can't wait to read that trainwreck. It'll be fucking GREAT.

>You're so much better at everything you do than I could ever have hoped of being
>I don't deserve to carry the same name as you.
>From now on, I'm Mr. Marvel.

Watch Sup Forums implode.

Isn't Carol indirectly responsible for giving Mar-vell cancer in the first place?

Still, supporting those who support genocide is still supporting genocide. If you were to twist her words into supporting white supremacists she'd've been fired on the spot. It doesn't help that she thinks that the person in the suit doesn't matter, it only further shows she unsuitable for the job.
we never got to choose.

because marvel is full of liberal and liberal number one goal is to make discrimination against white people law and to turn every white christian country into a brown muslim hell hole

But wolverine is dead too, what the fuck?!

Haven't you hear the new about Eli?
He's got a Patriot legacy character coming up

That's... not what the vast, vast majority of liberals want. Unless you stretch the definition of all of those things beyond the breaking point.

But if you're that far gone down the rabbit hole you'll automatically reject anything that disagrees with you so I won't bother trying.