You are now the head of DC's Movie division. What do you do to save it from being shit?

You are now the head of DC's Movie division. What do you do to save it from being shit?

Introduce more quips.

Make a decent low budget film with a lesser known DC IP.
Maybe make a Question movie and have him based on the DCAU Question.

Cut the budget for movies by a half or more. Introduce serial style short films in front of features showcasing lesser known heroes.

Throw out Johns, give Snyder full control.

capekino: saved!

Throw a truck full of money at Chris Nolan and beg him to come back.
Bravo, Nolan!

you can't DC is just that shit

Quips! Everyone Quips! Darkseid would show up and hammer out punchlines every five sentences.

0/10

Stay the course. If anything, spend more money on marketing to counteract the Mouse's mudslinging campaign.

>Everything is lolrealistic
>fight scenes suck ass
>Superman gives the fortress of Solitude to some random guy he meets on the street and goes to Paris with Lois

Make DC TV (CW++) the same damn Multiverse as the DCEU.

Start over then Recast

No more too much dark gritty realism

And let the DCAU take creative control

Its better to jump into a Justice league movie first then expand the characters in phases

Geez...Marvel is the combination of cancer and aids

This is the weakest argument ever, sure Marvel movies don't always hit the mark and push the jokes but I have never left a Marvel movie without enjoying the ride somewhat

>implying their movies are bad
They kick the crap out of Marvel in both plot and box office performance.
Take your reddit tier bait somewhere else

>trying for the umpteenth time
I wonder if mods use Evanposter to practice their banning abilities?

i would remove all of the jokes just so Sup Forums could be pleased.

>Start over then Recast
Nope. They are like four movies in and aside from Wonder Woman everyone is cast perfectly. Especially Batman

>No more too much dark gritty realism
Haven't seen anything remotely "realistic" in the DCCU as of yet. There is some grittiness but that is expected in anything having to do with the goddamned Batman. Supes can lighten up a bit so there's that i guess.

>And let the DCAU take creative control

The universe where Bruce fucked Barbera that DCAU? Sure why not

>Characters have proper motivations
>Casting is impeccable
>A healthy mix of practical and a little CGI
>Scenes look fantastic, no need for dour color filters or lens flares up the ass
>sound design is perfect
>handicam never ever
I'll take it.

Post this in the Superman thread but...
Man of Steel 2...
> Brad Bird or Gareth Edwards directs.
> Will be content with the rumored Matthew Vaughn as long as he keeps the tone close to First Class & not much lighter and takes the villain notably more seriously then he did with Jackson in Kingsman.
> Whoever does (regardless if it is JJ Abrams) is not allowed to homage/retread the Reeves films.
> Lois & Clark's relationship is not under strain. Them breaking up is never a possibility. Have them both be happy & content.
> Have a mystery be present & have Lois & Clark investigate together.
> Give Perry some fun interaction with Clark besides being a dick to him.
> Have Clark have some reassuring kind friendly interaction with some of those he saves.
> Go back to the Mos belt design & contrast between the black bands & the blue but keep the lighter Bvs/JL colors.
> I love the epic sci-fi side of Superman but it's probably time to pull back & do something smaller scale. So no Kandor, Brainiac, Supergirl.
> If they do bring in a super relative, then use Power Girl to contrast from the TV Supergirl. (Boob window is required)
> If they do use Supergirl I cast Olivia Thrilby.
> After Kryptonians, Doomsday & Steppenwolf all In a row, it's time for a villain he can't just punch to solve.
> I really don't want Kryptonite so no Metallo.
> Parasite if they use I want them to go with the slender creepy humanoid Alex Ross/Tas versions & NOT the giant fat blob he is elsewhere.
> Prehaps do a Invasion of the Body Snatchers type story with Starro.
> Have the tone be lighter the Mos/Bvs but still played straight & takes the threat seriously.

>They kick the crap out of Marvel in both plot and box office performance.
Meanwhile, not in bizarro world...

I never left a Marvel movie and actually remembered it. It was completely disposable and that's fine i guess. Maybe DC wants to do something different, so let them.

Marvel movies have their own problems but we are talking about DC.
Speaking of, has there ever been a good Non Batman or Superman DC movie?

> Brad Bird or Gareth Edwards directs.

stopped reading there

The DCAU has a far better track record.

>only two company war threads left in the Catalog
The bell tolls for thee, OP.

>WAAAH WHY CAN'T THINGS BE LIKE THIS CARTOON I SAW WHEN I WAS A KID 20 YEARS AGO AND PROBABLY DOESN'T HOLD UP NOW

>>Characters have proper motivations
Same motivations as he had in the comics. How hard is that, just copy/paste

>>Casting is impeccable

Yeah in maybe two cases i can think of and one of them was the Joker the other two face

>>handicam never ever

No instead we get a billion quick cuts that allow us to just barely, barley see the fight tat's going on. Nolan does a lot right but when it comes to shooting a fightscene ( and that is what we go to these movies to see) he is one cunt hair from being as bad as Olivier Megaton....

Ok that was a bit much that hack is in a class by himself but Nolan needs to cut down on the fucking quick cuts. The BVS warehouse fight was better than EVERY FIGHT SCENE IN THE NOLAN TRILOGY.

>Haven't seen anything remotely "realistic" in the DCCU as of yet
- The fact that the human race is severely split on Superman. And that people don't blindly praise him.
- Them addressing the political and global ramifications of Superman's actions.
- The world feels real, no army with laser guns or spies with flying cars.
- The fact that Superman had to resort to a brutal compromise of a solution to stop Zod and didn't pull a deus ex ma-china out of his ass like time travel.
- Clark being flawed and not impervious to the world around wearing down on him.
- The fact that Batman's resolve has been chipped away after 20 years of accomplishing jack shit.
- The fact that Superman couldn't save everyone.
- The fact that they made sure Superman had to stay in the fight and Zod wasn't just left floating around while Clark saves people.

>Company war
>IF YOU DON'T LIKE DC MOVIES YOU MUST BE A MARVEL FANBOY

>Probably doesn't hold up now
Except it does you newfag from Sup Forums. Watch the Justice league or Batman the animated series. I didn't realize good writing aged poorly.

Watchmen
Constantine
V for Vendetta

>end of JL
>Darkseid destroys the earth
>"prepare for invasion of Earth 2"
>earth 2 is "MUH" characters

>Watchmen
>Good
No.

Base the movies after the actual good comic arcs like The Human Race or Crisis on Infinite Earths.
Make the characters act like the characters. (Superman is a boyscout, Batman doesn't needlessly hurt people, cyborg leaves forever, ect)
Have the movies look like the comics instead of muted edgy shit.

Nothing, we've already created an Oscar worthy movie universe :^)

Whatever, OP. I enjoy the DCCU and am looking forward to the JL movie which looks fun as hell.
I like Capeshit in general so i don't give a flying fuck about DC vs arvel console war shit. Also not in the hivemind "everything DCCU sucks" crowd either. Internet loves their dogpiling but frankly you look at most Marvel movies are their track recor isn't all that stellar either.

Took a few duds to get to the gems. Let DC CU do their own thing and come into their own as a universe. I don't want them like the MCU

>Batman doesn't needlessly hurt people
Watch SS. He was the most accurate portrayal of Batman in any movie.

It's still shit despite you liking it's taste.
Marvel Movies are bland too but since marvel hasn't been good in years I am ok with that. DC deserves better.

>Yeah in maybe two cases i can think of and one of them was the Joker the other two face
And commissioner Gordon, Ra's al Ghul, Alfred, Bruce, Selina, etc.
I'm going to disregard your comment about quick cuts, considering you have no idea what you're talking about.

Fuck YES like Pixar shorts, but with Booster Gold, Beetle, Ambush Bug.

>Have the movies look like the comics instead of muted edgy shit.
>MUH color

AT least these movies look cinematic, unlike 90% of MCU that looks like big budget tv shows with no real cinematography to be found. ( with GOTG and the upcoming Thor movies which look more like GOTG as the exceptions)

>Constantine
Eh
It was a decent movie, but a shite adaptation. So if we are talking about a good DC movies, that one does not fit.

>Bruce, Selina
LMAO, Nolanfags i swear

Begins was the only movie that felt like a Batman movie, rest were just overrated

>not muh

Not anybody's, really
I mean, Catholic exorcist, who gives up smoking in the end?

Thanks for your in-depth review of the trilogy, but Selina was the only good thing about that movie. And I did say Bruce, not batman. Nobody plays a spoiled rich asshole like dubsman.
Anne Hathaway was borderline brilliant in that movie, surely it didn't escape you and you're just memeing. And I'm not a nolanfag, I absolutely hated inception and thought interstellar was underwhelming. it's just that, when you're subjected to Snyder's trash, anything remotely competent seems like godsend in comparison.

no there hasn't been a good batman or superman movie either

Scrap literally everything and start from scratch. Begin with lesser known hero origins in a world where Batman, Superman, etc. are already established as legendary heroes. Have these "new" characters serve as outlets for the audience, learning about this new world's history and how it functions as the movie progresses. It will also help establish new fan favorites, as DC will have to go out of their way and actually try to make likeable/interesting super heroes/stories instead of just relying on big names to carry their entire universe.

Then start jumping into Justice League and introducing the heavy hitters once you've got an established world/tone/style, after like 4-5 films.

There have been good Batman and Superman movies just no great ones. Nothing definitive. For the most part the older ones are high rated because nostalgia.

If you want to make a whiny strawman, go all the way with it.
>PROBABLY doesn't hold up
>PROBABLY
even you are not sure of your own bullshit

this is disgustingly cringey

Have more focus on the world building and side-characters.

>Superman
After JL, once Superman is back have him be a good guy kind of enlightned and shit.
Introduce Maggie Sawyer/Dan Turpin and the Special Crimes Unit, as well as Star Labs and Prof. Hamilton who are all allies of Superman, making him more human and approachable.
The villain is Brainiac that goes to earth to kill Superman and extract his DNA, but then he sees how Earth has a growing meta-human population and decides to try to use the gene to create a army of mutated super-beings. He waas used as Krypton's genetic keeper after the crisis in the birth rate started happening, so he has access to Kryptons and genetic make up and uses it make sick experiments and servants. He also has "collector" aspect to his character and keeps small replicas of biomes from the many planets he has visited with mutated shrinked down version of their inhabitants (Which introduces the movie version of Kandor) and plays sick games with them where acts as the "god" of the random specimens. He also mixes the DNA of a dog with Kryptonian DNA just to humiliate Clark, and makes Krypto.
Introduce Lana Lang and have several flashbacks to them as kids exploring Clark's powers and having a puppy love thing. She helps him become more sure of himself and save the day at the end, giving him a slightly changed version of the For All Seasons speech.
At the end he saves a kid on a rooftop from falling like in For All Seasons, but the kid is actually Billy Batson, setting up for Shazam and just little nod.
Super-Girl could show up or be teased as another of Brainiac's experiments.

Give Snyder full control. I mean full control. Final cut privilege.

Remove John "pay me attention" Geoff.

No, Cyborg is not happening and will not happen ever. And no, Alan Moore wasnt responsible for new52, it was you the architect of the new52. So its extremely funny that you came to "fix" the "edgy new52" when you were the who came up with it.

His JL in new52 was also shit. 4 or 5 arcs, and the only passable one was Forever evil. Darkseid war was shit, darkseid daughter was shit, JL invasion/origins was shit.

He is like Scott Snyder. He really wants to have a legacy, to change stuff "forever". But he doesnt have the talent for. So he shills for his OCs all the time. And try to make shitty justice league stories that are clearly developed as movie storyboards in hope they get made into movies.

And guess what? They were made into movies!!! And each one of those were shit like Justice league War. So fuck off. You might fool the casuals, but not me. You are cancer Geoff.

Geoff Johns*

Give up on the connected cinematic Universe. For better or worse, Marvel has won.

Start producing 2-part movies for the better/more iconic Elseworld/Standalone stories (Red Son, Kingdom Come, Sandman, Watchmen and the like), with rotating cast - i.e. not always the same batman, not always the same superman - and different directors/cinematographers/writers.

So, Marvel is an 8 year old edgy preteen?

Get rid of the idea that all of the films need to have Batman's tone.

Diana's mother has a secret pony girl fetish, ride the controversy, who needs a quality product when you have internet discussions giving you publicly by accusing you of trying to gain publicity by doing something.
Start defending the decision by claiming it's about representing a minority group then make a post on social media claiming I'm trying to be true to the origins of the character.

Fire Snyder. Recast Wondy, the Flash and Aquaman, drop Cyborg, bring in Martian Manhunter. Cavill and Affleck stay for Supes and Bats. Drop everything established in Suicide Squad. Man of Steel 2 becomes Superman Returns with a decent director, because that what I want fuck you world

Reboot it.

Yeah, but you can't get that kind of Batman with Snyder around, if it was him directing then Batman would be using all kinds of machineguns and missiles, and then the joker would be raped in jail...because, why not?

>Give Snyder full control.
Then it wouldn't be called Justice League, it would be called "The Bible".

>- The fact that the human race is severely split on Superman. And that people don't blindly praise him.
If that is going to stay that way for the rest of DCEU, then the universe wouldn't last. You simply can't make Superman films in that kind of world. If in-story characters don't have faith in Superman, then the audiences wouldn't either.

The DCEU is beyond redemption

Jaime Reyes isn't latina. He's latinO.

I've already gone on about this, start with GLC.
Not When-Hal-Joined GLC, just any incarnation old enough to go over the history of the DCU without being a slog. I guess we'd mostly follow Kilowog, Sinestro and Abin Sur since they'll be pivotal later on.
Either way through whoever going wherever introduce all the worlds, races and concepts and so on through GLC installments. Maybe have two or three condensed to go over New Genesis, Krypton, Daxam, Thanagar, Mars, other Earths, time travel bla bla bla.
Once the whole playground is laid out then start playing with all the present day Earth shit so it seems like everything established before was building to this instead of having to do a flashback oh-all-this-stuff-was-happening-you-just0didn't-see-it-until-now thing.

Of course the two primary problems with this method is it would require a master planner, someone who not only can write a good script for a GLC movie on its own three times so they're not just expository documentaries, but also interweave the core ideas that need to be addressed later naturally. All without the major DC character showing up or showing up long anyway.

I still think it could be done, GLC comics were always interesting to me even if the names and faces weren't always familiar and looking at how GotG did it's now clear audiences don't always need Earth and known names to carry their entertainment.

It's realistic for humanity to be split on Superman but if you don't think Snyder's take is a hero that saved everyone and inspires hope you're retarded.

I would deny the position. I might bitch about the current DCEU being utter shit, but I dont know the first thing about movie management, nor if my creative decisions with the script would do better. Hell if I had it my way, Dini and Timm would be leading this, not Johns. But again, I cant claim to know better than WB, surprisingly enough. Only thing I would tell them is stop with the micromanaging and the rush jobs. What I really want is a hard reboot

ignore all WB execs. Do not allow them to talk to anybody on set, and prevent them from making any decisions. Let directors take more control, and fucking lower the amount of CGI allowed. most of it looks like shit

Bait?

>It's realistic for humanity to be split on Superman but if you don't think Snyder's take is a hero that saved everyone and inspires hope you're retarded.
If he can't inspire hope in the population then he can't inspire hope in the audience. You can't have it both ways. The characters in the show had to actually be inspired, and that can't happen if Superman is still considered a threat.

Last I checked, humanity only forgave him because he is dead. And nothing is solved if he comes back.

You're a retarded marvel shill that sucks mouse cock and needs to rewatch the based snyder movies.

>You're a retarded marvel shill that sucks mouse cock and needs to rewatch the based snyder movies.
You can call me whatever. But Snyder Superman is still occupying the position of Hulk in Marvel. A dangerous threat that most citizens aren't comfortable with and are happier to see gone. And at this point it is too late to change this, as he is currently dead and as such has no means to alter his public relations for the JL film.

he doesn't have to alter his public relations he saed the world actions speak louder than words your retarded

>he doesn't have to alter his public relations he saed the world actions speak louder than words your retarded
You say that it is realisatic that humanity will not like Superman, you have not claimed that this will ever change. So it doesn't matter how loud his actions are if the population doesn't listen. You have made the common people the antagonists, and that can't be easily fixed.

>I never left a marvel movie actually remembered it
Grandpa go to bed, mom gave you your meds already

No, how about we make Darkseid and his flunkies look like the devil and a demon, and have him fight the Justice League all at once. It'd be so badass.

Let's give the JL some kind of protective head piece that lets them communicate. Make it kind of ring shaped to give them the very subtle look of halos.
Then in case we lost some people we will have the devices called halos and have citizens refer to the heroes as angels.
Also the movie will need to take place three days after Clarks funeral for a surprise twist.

Do a nightwing movie, focus on Dick Grayson's relationship with Batman.

Introduce the bat-family, Nightwing is the heart of the batfamily anyway having him make Batman less brutal makes sense.

Superman comes back, have him undergo visions of his parents and have him go through like a spiritual dreamstate, when he wakes, he comes out as a less emo superman because he went through that experience.

>Superman comes back, have him undergo visions of his parents and have him go through like a spiritual dreamstate, when he wakes, he comes out as a less emo superman because he went through that experience.
How is visions of Jonathan Kent going to make him less instead of more emo?

Who the fuck knows, they need to unfuck superman somehow.

>no laser guns or flying cars
Nigga that's what makes these movies great
Besides-
Realism does not a good, well-structured story make.
Not unless you're a pretentious dullard.

Can't be done with what's there.

>Who the fuck knows, they need to unfuck superman somehow.
It's not hard, the problem is that to do that would require an entire film dedicated to Superman. And that isn't going to happen in JL where he would be dead for the most of it.

That meant Superman would still not be fully Superman until possibly the FOURTH film appearance. And at this point, why should Warner bother? That film slot could be better spent on a member of the Batman Extended Universe instead.

Kill Cyborg
Make all Superman movies PG
Make all Batman movies R
Have a side project with The Question in his own rip off of the Maltese Falcon that won't be marketed as a superhero movie.

>Give Snyder full control

And what, pray tell, do you think would come of this travesty

Have Gal dressed in her Wonder Woman costume & have her come to my office then I would fuck her

This made me KEK more than it should have

After JL, soft reboot with the same actors

Costner is alive, he and Cavill drink beer (or iced tea) on the porch

Joker is redesigned, no tattoos, no metal teeth, gangster not gangsta

Batman has never killed anyone

Superman has never killed anyone either

Some vague shit happened with Zod that left him in the Phantom Zone again as was originally planned

But half of Metropolis didn't get destroyed