How do I get into this show? It's so boring

How do I get into this show? It's so boring.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bt0v4LG8A5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You don't. Steven Universe is the best cartoon of all time.

Start at season 5 like I did
downvoted

>Start at season 5 like I did
Can I really just do that? Season 5 is why I'm interested, but starting with the last season seems wrong.

>25 SJ threads in the Catalog

I used to be a big SU fan, but that show is garbage and was never really good.

Not recommended. You're better off just watching the whole series in order to actually feel Jack's character shift in the latter as well as recognize character appearances from previous seasons like the Scotsman & Woolies.

Actually asking?

The original run was a story of the day sort of thing so the plot never really progresses, but there are some really great gems in there. I'm sure there's lists of the essentials. The first three episodes are a mini movie to start the series off and set up the premise of the series. There's jack meets the Scotsman, Jack learns to jump good, ninja vs samurai, Jack vs aku, the princess and the bounty hunters.. I'm just naming them off the top of my head here in no particular order

Ignore the shills
It's overrated just like R&M (aka reddit the show)
The only people here that like it are shills or 30 year olds with no accomplishments that are living in the past.
Its objectively trash pandering to the lowest common denominator
Thank god its only 10 episodes

But I'm on episode five and it's so boring.

Actually asking, I liked the first two parts of the premiere movie, but the third episode was boring.
There's a few essential lists out there, but nothing that's widely agreed upon.

>aka reddit the show
Everybody here loved Rick & Morty until the season three premiere.
The show's always been popular and loved by normies though.

Jack and the woolies
Jack and the warrior woman
Jack and the 3 blind archers
Jack vs mad jack
Jack and the scottsman
Akus fairy tales
Jack leans to jump good
Jack tales
Jack and the ultra robots
Jack and the zombies
Jack in Egypt
Jack and the haunted house
Birth of evil
Samurai vs ninja
Princess and the bounty hunters
Jack vs aku
Tale of x-9

Those are what I would say

>I liked the first two parts of the premiere movie, but the third episode was boring
if you don't want long action scenes like that then I don't think you'll like it that much

>But I'm on episode five and it's so boring.
Then this show isn't for you if you don't have that kinda patience.

Take your Ritalin first.

If you find it boring, then you probably shouldn't watch it.

Nah.
>s01: 1-4 6-13
No episode should be skipped really.
>s02: 1, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13
>s03: 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11-12 (important origin two-parter)
>s04: 1-7, 9, 11, 12

I only need to watch 17 out of 52 episodes?

maybe you should watch something more reddit

Where does this come from?
How is R&M "reddit: the show"?

Don't watch it then season 5 would bore you to death.

Yeah, I'm not really into action scenes, off the top of my head the only action scene I can say I really enjoy is the fight scene with the sword from Pacific Rim.

But I didn't like the third episode cause it was just Seven Samurai all over again.

Season five looks like a lot of fun, and the woman is hot.

i don't know, i don't watch uper funny reddit shows like john oliver and colbert

Honestly so long as you get the gist of the setup (samurai tries to fight evil, gets flung into the future and tries to find a way back) and you want to fast track through so you're set up for season 5? Yeah, just watch the good ones. Again it's a story of the day series. Jack never makes legitimate progress to getting back to the past because that would end the show. It's only happening in season 5 to give the series closure after all these years. So seasons 1-4 are more about enjoying those stories than advancing an overall plot. The series is definitely overall good if you want to put in the commitment to watching all of it, despite its snoozer episodes, but it's up to you.

>uper funny reddit shows like john oliver and colbert
But those shows have gone down the shitter (especially in recent years), and R&M is fucking great.

alright, thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bt0v4LG8A5w
yeah whatever

HI MORTY LET'S GO MORTY WEAR THIS MORTY COME ON NOW MORTY IM SO DRUNK RIGHT NOW MORTY

>this faggot has posted in all of them

season 5 is good, I remember watching series from the first 4 seasons as a kid and never liked it, but season 5? watched the first episode and been hooked to it since

Perhaps Samurai Jack is not for you.

"I don't appreciate anything that takes it's time and I have little patience, how do I force myself to like something so I can be included?"

Let's all be considerate to the other people browsing Sup Forums who are tired of seeing a dozen Jack threads in the catalog.

Fucking beat me to it. I hate how Sup Forums does this shit. Newfags wont to be "part of the conversation" so they rush to get into things so they can shitpost about it being bad and get yous.

>"nothing really matters so do whatever"
The point of the show is that rick follows this philosophy, and is deeply unhappy. Suicidal, even.
I can't speak to the art criticism, except to say that I think it's disingenuous.
The claim that the show appeals to people who profess to "love science" part is asinine. The show makes no attempt at all to justify the sci-fi elements, and even lampoons them often.

This is a more valid cricism, imo.

>This is a more valid cricism, imo.

~110 times he says "Morty" in the first episode alone ffs.

Stop shitposting and watch it.

>so they can shitpost about it being bad and get yous.
I just want to jerk off to that woman.

I couldn't get into it. But I enjoy the fifth season. Honestly.

it's a cartoon - they don't have live action players - so unless you're a proficient voice actor; you can't

Do you feel like you missed out on anything?

I probably did. I'm sure there are essential and good episodes I missed. I'll definitely check them out if they're pointed out i.e. spoonfed to me.

Oliver was good while he was on the daily show, and Colbert is still decent.

R&M was never good.

Yes you can. I'm sure like 60% of Sup Forums watching S5 started there.

You have a short attention span. It will never be for you.

Have the same issue.

I feel like I would've loved it as a kid because there's quite a lot of fighting in it, but now it feels lackluster. The main problem is as an adult, it's easier to see all the recycled footage and filler. And holy fuck is there a lot of that in this show.

I like the story, and the setting, and even the characters. But most of an episode is just fighting. There hasn't been much storytelling so far (I'm on episode 5 I think), and I'm craving more of it. I just want the show to focus on the story but god damn it doesn't do it a lot.

It's a bizarre case where I actually want more characters just talking, and less fighting.

I'm actually on episode five too, and feel the exact same way.
Too much boring action.

Don't even try. This show is obviously not for you and you'd be better off spending your time watching something else. Don't try to get into something you find boring just because people tell you to.

Just don't. If you weren't around back then when Samurai Jack came out and liked it then... It's not for you.

I was 2 years old when Samurai Jack premiered.

This is what we've become.

Did you watch the first part?

I started watching at Season 5, just watch the intro from the original series and then dive right in. People will tell you to watch the entire series but that's an unreasonable time investment when you're only really interested in the big boy season. Just keep in mind that he's only killed robots up until Season 5 and you'll feel the impact you're supposed to when it happens.

>newfag shitter
Don't
Just stick to Rick and Morty and Steven Universe and all the other meme shows

DJ literally isn't for you

OP didn't watch any of it

it's intelligent, nihilistic, and has a wicked sense of humor

DJ?

literally the barneyfag of Sup Forums and Sup Forums

Episodes 1-3 were fine.

4 and 5 were garbage.

>It's so boring.
If you feel like that, don't watch it?

Oliver worked as not-John because he was really earnest about it. You could tell he loved doing what he was doing and was kind of stupefied that he got this opportunity to begin with.

He cracked up when he should have been serious, he flubbed his lines, he looked awkward... It made him endearing IMHO. Here's this guy trying on big boy pants for the first time and he's genuinely giving it his all. Even when I disagreed with his politics (much more reasonable back then) he seemed like a decent, honest bloke.

After he got his own show that all went out the window, and he became a parody of the type of liberal Stewart himself often critiqued - the shallow, virtue-signaling, status-obsessed, bigoted, ignorant fauxgressive who smugly talks down AT people instead of trying to talk TO people. He stopped being someone making fun of dumb shit in politics on either side and became the conservative strawman of a liberal. Much like a formerly nerdy but nice girl that gets with the "in" crowd and becomes a total bitch, he's gotten drunk on his fame and popularity.

R&M is more in the Oliver pretentious-high horse model than Stewart's genuine-caring model. There's no caring in R&M, it's all a black void of "cool" detachment and characters one-upping each other with how wickedly nihilistic they are.

I loved the show when I first came across it, because it really seemed fresh and new, but after two seasons you realize the same thing you would if you watched Community - Harmon is a good writer but a shit showrunner. He can create interesting characters and outlandish plots but they always stagnate. There's no organic growth, characters don't learn their lessons. It's his whole 8-point writing system. He can't do meaningful change, and in a show predicated upon a wacky setting but "real" emotion, that's a death sentence.

Fact: The only good episode of Samurai Jack is Samurai Quack, because it makes fun of how awful of a show Samurai Jack is.

Neither of you are going to like this show, just put it down now.

The entire point of the show is to use minimal amounts of dialog with a ton of artistic and visual story telling that takes patience to appreciate. What plots you will see in the show are self contained to one or very rarely two episodes with only season 5 taking a more sequential approach.

Basically this isn't the show for you, accept it and move on.

Is there a mega with every episode around the place?

>Jack leans to jump good

Why is this episode so well-liked? I remember Aku fucking with Jack being funny, but why do people tend to rank it so highly?

I get the atmosphere and the tension the slow pace creates but I think the problem is that it's slower than it has to be. I remember the episode where Jack goes into a bar and fights off a bunch of aliens after apologizing a lot. It's a show that creates tension well but it drags it out. I "get" the tension and the slow pace but I get it less than half way before it's done. It feels like they're stretching out the episode because they can accomplish the same effect and mood in half the time....most of the time.

>artistic

Bait