Why did Marvel buy her, to begin with? Her previous stories were erased, she didn't have fans back then anyway...

Why did Marvel buy her, to begin with? Her previous stories were erased, she didn't have fans back then anyway, and the few fans she got since she became a Marvel character are now boycotting her because she and her lesbo transwoman girlfriend (???) aren't together anymore.

What a fucking waste of a character.

Other urls found in this thread:

viewcomic.com/original-sin-thor-loki-001-2014/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Appeasement to Gaiman and/or McFarlane?

Are you implying this character had something to offer of value in the first place?

her most potential was in spawnverse, the entire thing is just idiotic on everyone's part

Wasn't she part of the Miracleman deal and they were stuck with her either way?

It was one of Gaiman stipulations to do some project for them IIRC?

It was just Gaiman spiting McFarlane, which is okay by me because FUCK Todd McFarlane.

Is Gaiman a rusemaster?

My guess in total ignorance of the underlying politics:
Bullshit appeasement of the creator who had some demands that his character be used, paired with bullshit concessions to suspected SJW interests, handed to a bullshit SJW womanbaby to utterly assassinate the character because the editors didn't want her around in their canon.

the real question is why did Marvel turn her into a Asgardian, there's so much story potential with her being an angel, Christian dogma is practically untouched outside of some generic demons, they threw away a perfect opportunity to create a new fresh corner of the Marvel Universe.

Even with her being Asgardian they could have done it. They made they angels had their own setup. Then they still threw it all out the window and dropped all the traits she picked up from them.

Well, Heven is a new corner of the MU.
And her being Asgardian could be a great way to shoehorn her into ongoing conflicts without tacking on a completely separate concept that is not shared by anyone.
But they did shit all with that.

They aren't together anymore? Where did that even happen? Was Angela even in anything after QoH?

This, so much.

>They aren't together anymore? Where did that even happen? Was Angela even in anything after QoH?
Bendis brought her back to his GOTG comic

Apparently she got kidnapped by the Badoon at some point after Queen of Hel. The Guardians freed her and then she spent a while with them disassembling the Badoon empire.
The Guardians went to Earth to help out Carol during CW2 and when Angela went back to check on Sera she had apparently moved out and someone else was living in their apartment

I can imagine the editorial meeting:
"Hey we can use Angela to introduce Christian themes to Marvel!"
"Isn't she a Lesbian titty-cow?"
"Oh yeah, nm."

Jesus H. Christ!
Can't anyone stop Bendis?!
Not that I hung my heart on Sera or the status quo after QoH (not wasting time typing that turd out), but what the fucking hell is that man thinking?
Really? We don't even get a flashback of a falling out, just "oops, princess is in another castle"?

this guy is correct, she was part of the Miracleman deal.

she's in Thor as well. I've heard there are long-term plans for her.

Personally I like her. I don't miss Sera, though. Angela x anyone but Sera.

they wanted gaimen for miracleman and he wanted her bc of a dumb feud with Todd McFarlane

why are you complaining? She's a lesbian who runs around half-naked killing people. why is this a problem?

Gaiman wanted to rub his dick in Todd's face for being a shit about Marvelman rights, that's literally it. I don't think anyone has any pretention about this character's potential.

Although they did fuck with Thor's myth just to add the f̶i̶f̶t̶h̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶ tenth realm

>the Miracleman deal.
Oh yeah, that deal that Marvel has totally forgotten about.

It's another intellectual property.

It probably cost them pennies.

You still don't get how these companies work?

Because we had Bennet writing her without any sort of editorial oversight, which is not a good spot for Bennet to be.

I don't read GotG or Thor, so how is ANgela treated in those books?
I found Thor to be frustrating at best with all the hamfisted pushing, but that doesn't have to mean anything for Angela's treatment.
And I don't read Bendis on principle, but I am interested in what is happening with the character, still.
I would personally like to see the conflict between Asgard and Heven expanded upon.
The thought of Angela being treated as just some space-chick seems like a big let-down after seeing value systems and leader egos clashing before.

>Christian dogma

this is your problem right here, Marvel only wants to push muslims and shit

true. they're republishing Miracleman but don't seem to care about finishing it....seems kind of dumb to me

yep, exactly. Bennet turned "Angela: Queen of Hel" into "Sera, guest-starring Angela".

Bendis did ok with Angela. Not super, but ok. TL:DR is she hangs around being quiet and mysterious and then kills people. She likes Gamora.

Basically: Angela appeared in a flash of light in Bendis' GotG. She hangs out with them for a while for a lack of anything better to do. Her backstory and Heven's backstory are explored in Original Sin: the Tenth Realm and Angela: Asgard's Assassin. I thought both of them were quite good. The real short version is, angels are all amoral mercenaries who will do about anything for $$. They frequently mock honor as a lie and a scam. Angela was raised as an angel, though she is in fact Thor's older sister. She's a "true believer" in the angelic philosophy, to the point where she won't even give a child's ball back without demanding payment. It doesn't have to be money, she frequently accepts "a favor for a favor" trades. Ironically, she doesn't give a damn about money at all. She rationalizes all this as being for "balance". Because she's grown up in this bizarre belief system -- and also had no wings, so was picked on a lot -- she's emotionally stunted. She's gay because angels are all gay or bi -- they have only 1 male birth for every 100 female. The male angels are kept locked up in temples, where they pray all the time.

There's a lot more to it but I'll stop there. I highly recommend those two books. Other than that, well......she's a background character who stand around being hot and mysterious and then kicks ass sometimes. So, shallow and totally missing the depth in "Tenth Realm" and "Asgard's Assassin".

Read the 10th realm mini, it's great.
It's before Fen Thor.
viewcomic.com/original-sin-thor-loki-001-2014/
Thor gets 1 utterly badass as fuck moment.

Yeah, I read those two books, that's why I care enough to ask what they are doing with her now.
And I guessed as much, knowing Bendis.
Why have one Gamora if you can have a second one? ...That could be having a big exploration of her character and a development towards a more sane philosophy, or a diplomatic mission to the realm she was kicked out of after years of faithful service, or so much as mention of her claim to the throne of Asgard as Thor's elder sister, but instead serves only as eye candy and banter production if I know my Bendis.

>serves only as eye candy and banter production if I know my Bendis.
you do, indeed, know your Bendis. though to be fair he addressed the whole Sera thing with her coming back to an empty apartment.

Other than that she hasn't done much, though she's in the background a lot. femThor has Angela on her "stop the war of realms" team, but that whole plotline is on hold for the moment.

I've heard rumors that Aaron wants to use her in future Thor plotlines. Since Thor - Angela - Loki are good - neutral - evil, supposedly he wants her to serve as a referee between Thor and Loki. And don't forget Laussa, who still exists. Only the 12 of us who read asgard's assassin remember her. hint: the trip to the reactor core didnt get all of Surter out of her. And the fire demons keep ranting about "the queen of cinders"......

this sounds terrible

At comic time we won't see any Queen of Cinders for another three generations though, Ashen One.
And while I would be happy to see them bring Angela in more once Odin's kids are all back to their usual selves, I am still miffed that they don't really seem to care much about how Angela is in line for succession and should absolutely take interest in the realm of Asgard, whether she likes them or not.
At the very least it is not like Loki at all to leave siblings alone or out of trouble.

Queen of Hel made it clear that Angela didn't give a damn about ruling anything. She conuered Hel just to get her girlfriend back and wore the crown for a total of 5 minutes. Why would she want anything to do with Asgard, a realm she was raised to hate?

also, Loki hired her as a bodyguard and hitman in "Vote Loki".

sera was okay...until queen of hel.

>We can't have interesting conflicts for our characters! We're Marvel comics Goddammit!

>her lesbo transwoman girlfriend
when the fuck did this happen

Companies will do things just to fuck over the opposition...like trying to make upcoming artists/writers loyal to them.

/thread

Just another ip to put in the catalogue in case Disney or someone wants to do something with it and they have the rights, just in case. Extremely low investment with a potentially bigger payout in the future.

buy?

>Angela x anyone but Sera
How about Angela/Gamora?

>don't seem to care about finishing it
That's probably more Gaiman's fault for dragging his feet.