In terms of powers and abilities, how would you rank Elric?

In terms of powers and abilities, how would you rank Elric?
And is there even a weapon that's close to the capabilities and raw destructive power of a fully unleashed Stormbringer?

This thing in its multivbersal archetype of the Black Sword is responsible for taking out entire universes.

OK, I read through the storytime of the Elric comics the other week, did I miss an issue or something? Stormbringer's a badass sword, but there's multiple times it gets foiled by magic armor and shit, when does it nuke a universe?

The swords is literally a interdimensional demon that keikaku doori the fall of the forces of order AND chaos and becoming the only i was a thousand times more evil than thou.
And also kills Zarozinia. And the manlet. And Elric.
Is a fucking cunt.

Like this

Not as Stormbringer but as its true form as The Black Sword in War Amongst the Angels as an extension of Old Reg/Lucifer.
Even with Sailor on the Seas of fate, it takes care of extradimensional Yog Sothoth wizards.
It's actually even more complex than that.

Yeah I read that part, but when does it nuke a universe? Plotting the destruction of one is way different than just blowing it up.

It's not even just the one universe. It does that with multiple universes. With one swing.

OK, so stuff I haven't read. Will look into it.

CE, really? He seems way more like CN in the comics.

Fucking Agak y Gagak were pure K I N O

Stormbringer is best sword
But yeah, she's a real cunt.
Like, the biggest cunt to ever cunt.

Most of the time Elric is just a guy in armor with a deadly sword. He's nothing to write home about. Stormbringer is nasty but not cosmic level nasty and his sorcery requires a lot of time and ritual elements. He might kill a hero or three but anyone with a gun or ranged weapon could take him easily.

How does the Eternal Champion tie into the Hypercrisis?
>Stormbringer is nasty but not cosmic level nasty
It actually is. Cosmic tier is actually underselling the true power of this thing.
And Elric's sorcery is summon based but he can do it on the fly depending on who he's calling.
If fucking Arioch decides to get off his fat ass and help him out, Elric comes out on top every time.

If it's Stormbringer regular, it actually has a limit on how effective it is since it can actually get stuffed on the amount of souls it eats. If it's fully unleashed? Jump ship off the universe cause no one is surviving.

The Japanese love their Elric expys

Also, Stormbringer' oniichans BTFO Arioch and his friends. The limit of Elric feats with Stormbringer is Elric himself.

Yep.
He is dependent on either it or drugs just to keep himself functional which makes perfect sense. There are still limitations to it as a whole.
On average, it gets more powerful when the forces of Law and Chaos are completely offscale and less powerful when they're entirely in balance(this is NOT taking into account its form as an archetype which is a whole other can of worms)

Literally a good case of "strong as needs to be".
Moorcock is a hax, but a cool hax.

Go for War Hound and the World's Pain first if you find it. It's a truly great story. Beautiful at points even.
It also provides context for what happens in other Eternal Champion related stories.

According to Mignola himself, we also have Moorcock to thank for Hellboy.
And how multiverses in comics work according to Alan Moore. I could never find this interview again, but Alan Moore based his run on Captain Britain on Moorcock's work which lead to how that entire concept is treated in comics nowadays(Flash of Two Worlds was the first to introduce comics to the concept but Captain Britain pushed it further into Moorcock territory). Again, i could be very wrong on this one.

Opening theme song for an Elric series.
What would ya choose?

Hard mode: Not Black Blade/Stormbringer/Steel vs Steel or any Elric related songs.

>(hero)
>chaotic evil

"Hero" doesn't necessarily mean "Good".

Moorcock and Anderson were the first to alignments in a big way.
What would you describe Elric as?
He's a good person, or atleast tries to be.

But Elric's a monster.

Why say that?
He just makes bad decisions. Selfish at times and constantly regrets them.