GOTG Vol. 3 Confirmed with James Gunn Directing

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/04/17/guardians-galaxy-3-james-gunn-announcement/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8e1V2BfSrM
marvelplanet.fr/premieres-impressions-guardians-galaxy-vol-2/
cinemablend.com/new/Joss-Whedon-Admits-Making-Avengers-Age-Ultron-Broke-Him-71430.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can dig it.

Memes aside, Guardians is very much a James Gunn movie, and if vol. 2 is any good, I'd like to see him return to ruin is trilogy, as is tradition.

Can't wait for the contrivance they create for him to find yet a third mix tape, although he'll come to Earth in the mean time, so I guess it's just a matter of a post-credits or epilogue scene with him checking his old house out.

So, how come Gunn is directing all 3, but Bravo Joss only got to direct 2?

Vol 2 might actually be good instead of shit like Ultron.

So far the only decent 2nd movies by the same director has been Civil War (yeah yeah, I know you all hate it).

It was decent, but TWS was more coherent.

Because Marvel was quick on crowd control even when the people are complaining about nothing.

I don't hate the movie itself, I hate the direction things are going towards after that movie.

PHYLA VELL
PHYLA VELL
PHYLA VELL
Enough with these shitty heroes, only Phyla-Vell matters

>I know you all hate it

Don't fall for the memes.

The one lesbian character Marvel doesn't wanna push and promote.
Which doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

They're both coherent. "The Winter Soldier" is tighter but "Civil War" is more nuanced.

Yeah, but Civil War was never not gonna be that by default. It was an attempt at a much bigger thing than TWS. Even if flawed it tried to do a lot fucking more, and had a lot fucking more to do after Ultron.

Point of the matter is that despite being roughly the same number of characters it wasn't nearly in the same ballpark as Age of Ultron and was 10 times the coherence of that.

That's what I consider to be "good" as far as these things go, anyway.

>GotG: LE EBIN DANCE OFF X-DDDD
>GotG 2: DUDE TURDS LMAO
GotG 3: ?

You'll get Avril and you'll like it

>le Capkino

I know this is a nitpick, but could we PLEASE get Peter in a decent helmet, one without the exposed top? I mean what is that? Why do we need to see his hair? Also can we throw Beta Ray Bill in there, Thor sure is hell aint using him

>but "Civil War" is more nuanced.
no

DnA faggots rekt ahahahahaha
say hello for 10 more years of this you pieces of shit

If you want someone to keep his helmet on and not show his face for extra exposure, you cast Karl Urban.

THIS IS REDDIT
>THIS IS MEMES
THIS IS REDDIT
>THIS IS MEMES
THIS IS REDDIT
>THIS IS MEMES

I'm looking forward to it tho

Nice, he'll be the first one to complete a trilogy. There's no way anyone could follow him.

>mini by Hastings
I'm okay with it.

I don't know, but whatever it is, I'm sure the following suicide squad movie will ape it, familia.

That webm is the most obnoxious thing I have ever seen in my life, good job, I'm mad.

I get that, but what little Peter does wear the helmet, it looks fine for the most part. I just cant get over that stupid exposed top they've been doing/putting in books.

There's no reason for them to be butthurt. James Gunn has put his own spin on the characters and concept just like Giffen and DnA did, with reinventions of new and recurring team members.

I'd rather get Moondragon,

Critics screenings for Vol. 2 are happening right now. Early twitter reactions later tonight.

We already got the first one.

Yes.

Kree Supreme Intelligence when?

I'm honestly holding hope for James Gunn to make Drax a sadder character with his backstory, as opposed to just have him do retarded silly quips the whole movie, fun as they were the last time.

There's Mantis, so there's a good enough chance of this happening. Father-son/daughter stories always hit me hard.

You got to love Batista. Moreover, I know we bitch about the laundry list of changes that deviate from the source material, but honestly I like Drax being completely literal over him being a full blown idiot
>Infinity Gauntlet
>Everyone bum-rushes Thanos
>Drax puts Hulk in a headlock

So let's be honest, what are our chances of Richard showing up?

fr*ck yeah

Goodnight, sweet prince.

I disagree.

Also it's been confirmed the Guardians visit Earth at some point.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8e1V2BfSrM

Yeah french but the google translation is fairly decent. Looks like Drax steals the show.

marvelplanet.fr/premieres-impressions-guardians-galaxy-vol-2/

like we didn't know that from the trailers

>we get the two
>heather is drax daughter that managed to survive
>phyla is Mar-Vell's daughter introduced in Cap Marvel/IW
>we get hot loli lesbian space action

Based Dave working the frogs into sucking his dick.

Have more cringe marketing material.

Anyone else would look ridiculous but damn Pratt is good.

>It’s weird because the first one was very, very, very, hard. This one was much harder. It a little bit broke me.
cinemablend.com/new/Joss-Whedon-Admits-Making-Avengers-Age-Ultron-Broke-Him-71430.html

Close to nill. Gunn doesn't like him and is autistic about Quill being the only human in the movie.

They could very easily bring him in - the Novas reverse-engineered the Infinity Stone left on Xandar to create an elite metahuman (or metaxeno, rather) peacekeeping force.

Richard somehow ends up in space due to Infinity War, and joins up with the new Super Novas to fight back against Thanos.

After the crisis is over he realizes he likes being a hero and chooses to officially enlist, becoming the first Terran Nova.

It's surprisingly easy and would require three lines of exposition, since the bigger plot would be covered in the Avengers movies.

>There's no reason for them to be butthurt. James Gunn has put his own spin on the characters and concept

And that is going to be the new canon in the comics.

Thanks a lot, asshole

>This movie is just crazy! The most crazy of all.
>Visually we are not ready. Truly not.
>Above all, do not arrive late. You may miss an excellent opening scene.
>Do not listen to the OST until you see the film. The choice of music depends on the scenes in which it is played.
>Finally, Gamora is used to something.
>Mantis is interesting and she interacts well with the group.
>Nebula and Yondu have the best action scenes.
>The family Guardians of the Galaxy >>>> Avengers work colleagues.
>Be careful throughout the end credits.
>Stan Lee's cameo is the most interesting of all.
>This is the first Marvel Studios film for which I pour one or even two tears. Good in real four!
>Drax is the most intelligent living being in the galaxy.
>Oh surprise! The trailers reveal only the first 15 minutes of the movie -__-
>No need to see the first one to appreciate it, to understand.
>James Gunn must make the third film. He has no choice.
>These are the parents of James Gunn. I find that shit!

How is that cringe, edgelord?

because Gunn has TALENT

Enough with the sequels, where are the new movies?

He bought his own meme and went overboard with it.
>extremely quippy dialog
>over the top ideas
>shoehorned romance subplot ala beauty and the beast
>LOL WHO I MIGHT KILL THIS TIME???!!!!!

Slim to none. One of the first things Gunn said about GotG 2 is that rich won't be in it, and I bet he'll keep him out of the third one too.

Better than Bendis' canon which is what editorial is forcing nowadays.

>This is the first Marvel Studios film for which I pour one or even two tears. Good in real four!
Pratt and vin Diesel said the same. I really hope this is not an exaggeration.

okay honestly, how many billions? I'm gonna go low and say $1.5 billion

The guys writing the script for Ifinity War said they like him a lot and expressed interest in either having him show up in IW or writing a solo movies for him.
Unfortunately, I don't think that will come to fruition.

I'd rather be careful. I say 1.1b.
I also hope Duggan run is really and sells like hot cakes on its entirety, riding the movie hype of course, just to spite that faggot Bendis.

Also, not even memeing, but he's just not that good of a creator. He hit gold with Buffy/Angel and Firefly and has been coasting on old fame ever since.

But if you look at it, Buffy is basically the Supernatural of its day, and the only reason we remember it this fondly is because the pickings were slimmer, it was different from the other stuff on TV, and he wrote fun teen dialogue.

Don't even get me started on his ideas for Firefly, which included Mal learning to respect Inara after she gets gangraped by Reavers.

Whedon had a few good ideas, decent, charismatic actors to pull them off and some lucky breaks in terms of timing and cast choices, but that's about it. He's a mediocre creator, and it shows.

I'm betting at $1.2 billion. The next "Pirates of the Caribbean" is right around the corner.

> The third mix tape is his own one, and he converts mp3s into tape so he can still play on his Walkman.

>pirates
>selling anywhere but third world shitholes
No one who matters cares about Pirates.

>Better than Bendis' canon which is what editorial is forcing nowadays.

same shit, its going to be about ''lol epic memes'' shit even harder

Whedon was overworked.

The Russo's and M&M are 4 people. Whedon was writing and directing. It was too much.

The quipping in AoU is to me a sign of Joss slipping into his comfort zone due to exhaustion.

Fuck, if true then Yondu is dead.

wrong

Who should the villain be this time?
What new members would be cool?

>GOTG Vol. 3
>Vol. 2 isn't even close to ready
Explain this?

I know you don't like the movies being shoehorned into the comics, but you can't say that with a straight face. At the end of the day it's up to the writer to deliver a decent story despite the continuity that's being used, and if you're one of the faggots who're obtusely stubborn about >muh dna characterizations, well though shit, that shit died the moment Bendis took the book.

So, Guardians of the Galaxy will become first capeshit trilogy in which director didn't bail out on third movie or third movie didn't suck ass?

>204m
>309m
What are you even trying to prove retard?

>vol 2 isn't close to ready
>out in less than a month

why you dumb

you're an idiot if you don't think this is going to be great and make a billion

> Lonely Mantis cries
> Big Drax cuddles her and hugs her

Drax rediscovers being a father.

Ya', we've all been speculating that since the beginning.

It has the best chances I say. Maybe Ant-Man and the Wasp will be decent aswell.

Because Whedon is a shit.

Sauce?

Probably why he's now with the other talentless fucks over at DC

Gunn does not like him but I don't think he's against other filmmakers using him.

Ironically I think he'll do better over there. Batgirl really fits Whedon.

>>Visually we are not ready. Truly not.
EGO THE LIVING PLANET

Blame Bendis Brevoort and co, not Gunn.

Gunn has never sought to impose his vision on the comics.

>b-but he's not even a planet!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like making everyone on Xandar powerless is a deterrent, since they don't want to come up with a reason why Rich is a powerhouse and everyone else was less effective than Paul Blart
It's also worth keeping in mind that there's no other cosmic properties being adapted other than GotG and Captain Marvel.

>(yeah yeah, I know you all hate it).

What a pissy comment, you can't expect everyone to love the same things you like

>He hit gold with Buffy/Angel

People always forget that there were some really, truly, painfully awful seasons of Buffy and especially Angel, just because they both ended on a high note and Firefly exists to replace the bad memories.

Ok say we do get a mix tape 3

What songs would be on it

I wanna say holding out for a hero would be perfect

Some stuff from his facebook post

>Much of what’s happened in the MCU for the past ten or so years has been leading, in a big way, to the Avengers’ Infinity War. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will happen after all that. It will conclude the story of this iteration of the Guardians of the Galaxy, and help catapult both old and new Marvel characters into the next ten years and beyond. I will be working side-by-side with Kevin Feige and the gang to help design where these stories go, and make sure the future of the Marvel Cosmic Universe is as special and authentic and magical as what we have created so far.

Since 3 will conclude the current iteration of the GotG, how do you think the team will look like after?

He could show up in Captain Marvel.

That's a better fit for him than Guardians.

Wrong. Bendis didn't actually make the characters be like the movies at all. He made the characters act have the personalities of Bendis characters, just like he does with everyone.

>since they don't want to come up with a reason why Rich is a powerhouse
Rich wasn't a powerhouse until he had to contain ALL the Nova force withing himself. He alone couldn't have stopped Ronan and his army or whatever the fuck will be the bad guys in vol 2.

>Captain Marvel
>Iron Man (Riri)
>Angela
>Amadeus Cho Hulk
>Gamora
>Rocket & Groot
:^)

But Roomer was on the IW Atlanta set.

Not really. He has a lot of connections with Peter, Drax, and Gamora. Even Marvel still thinks him and Gamora are in love.
I can't think of any meaningful interactions he has with Carol.

It's smaller scale. Whedon can focus on a small cast.

Humphries was the one who went full-on the movie bandwagon. Bendis is just shit.

>Stan Lee's cameo is the most interesting of all.
Alright, which cosmic being is he?

This. I never really got into Buffy as a kid, tried watching it in college and could not finish it.

The forced romance drama is beyond CW-tier. AAANNGELLL WHAT WILL I DO WITHOUT YOU IT'S LIKE MY SOUL IS ON FIRE

OH BUFFY I LOVE YOU BUT WE CAN'T IT'S WRONG

BUT MY LOINS, ANGEL, MY LOINS QUAKE FOR YOU

WHOOPS US HAVING SEX MADE ME EVIL PRACTICE ABSTINENCE KIDS

And that was one of the better seasons.

I agree

Trips say Mephisto. Watch out Spider-Dutch.