Ben 10

So the latest reboot is pretty entertaining. It's got me giggling like an idiot at times, and I like the lighthearted take from the last season I watched, which was the first. I did see a few episodes of the other reboots, but I only really watched the first, though this leads me to my next question.

How many reboots is this show going to get holy shit?

And when does TTG not air? It was literally on right before this and now it's about to come on.

A sequel is not a reboot.

One reboot so far.

Ah, my mistake then. Still it's impressive how long this show has been going on for. What are we at 10 years?

And Generator Rex was made by MoA too wasn't it? I ought to give that a rewatch, I miss seeing it.

It's easy to keep going as long as you make money.

>4.5 billion in global revenue
Sheiiiiiit. Didn't think this would be so popular globally. Like damn.

What's the source of the picture?
I see this picture pop up every time there's a Ben 10 thread.

>less than 0.5 billion in retail sales a year
That's less than half what My Little Pony makes.

Ben 10 doesn't have legions of adult men buying toys for themselves to boost sales.

12 years
Kids love action shows but networks only tolerate them as long as toy sales are close to what they were in the 80's and 90's.

I wonder if shows like Transformers in their prime played a factor into that. I mean, the shows themselves are glorified toy commercials.

Same with shows in Japan with Gundam

looks canadian

Maybe they should produce Gwen merch.

What Gwen merc would you buy user?

Is Vilgax in this ?

>Generator Rex
fuck, I miss that show
season 3 was kinda meh but I loved the concept

Not that I've seen yet. There seems to be something a little more grand happening, but things seem to be generally silly.

Also Ben and Gwen seem to get along a lot bettter which is nice.

Teen Titans Go is roughly 50% pf CN's programming. I am pretty sure it is a deliberate act of violence, given that most TTG episodes are about how much the show suckz.

>Generator Rex
All I remember about that show is not understanding what the fuck was going on or how the main character's powers were supposed to work.

The only answer I can think of that's sfw enough to realistically stand a chance of being produced is figurines.

he had nanobots in his body that transformed his body into machines
think Car Morty

Not at the moment but his Action Figure has already been leaked so he should be coming up soon.

>no gwen body pillow to hold

>but his Action Figure has already been leaked
Gonna need some proof to back that up with

Some jokes do make me laugh but hod damn is a lot of it cringey.

I don't remember how his powers worked, I just remember it being cool as shit. And the monkey.

Backpacks and apparel is technically viable, but Ben 10 is very much a boy cartoon, so that merc would move glacially at best

Hailhydra.jpg

Season 3 was mainly meh because they had to make it build towards a conclusion. IIRC they learned about the show being cancelled early enough in the production cycle to make a somewhat satisfying ending.

Seriously? You got a pic?

Too subtle for that

I leave Cartoon Network on in the background whenever I'm in a motel, and I have laughed at a few TTG jokes, but then the joke was some metajoke about how everyone hates the reboot and it just feels ... weird.

>ben 10 inches

TTTG going for the superdeformed style is fine enough. Ben 10's Reboot design is cute and fits the tone of the show.

New PPG is a very well made knockoff.

Even some non-meta makes me chuckle. And then it just drags out with monotonous stupid shit. I swear it's like Family Guy for kids.

>mfw starshine

Ben 10 is probably one of my favorite franchises. I'm still pissed to this day that they never released a show accurate toy of the original omnitrix, especially considering that its the most important item in the show and none of the original toys look anything like the show version.

How long do we have until Ed, Edd, N, Eddy gets retooled?

This Ben 10 will crash and burn because it doesn't have that spark the original had.

The 'spark' is a sense of consistency, even if it's a completely alien kind of consistency that isn't shown directly itself.

It's been around since the very first episode- Ben's forms are also wearing black and white style clothing (when the species actually wears clothes) yet not the exact same shirts. Take Diamondhead for example. His jumpsuit completely covers everything but the arms and head, yet is white on one side and black for the other, directly down the middle. Fourarms is similar, but different, with black pants with exposed toes, the same original shirt but notably no sleeves for the lower set of arms.

It's those little things that make the series feel much wider scale than it actually is, and thus makes the viewer feel smart for noticing them, and it's what OS and OV had that AF and UA lacked. And which of those series were good and which were bad? You get three guesses.

The original is also the only good omnitrix design in my opinion. Every other version looks like a knockoff omnitrix some deaviantart baby would draw for his OC character

Hopefully never

With all of this money, you'd think they would reinvest some of that into improving the animation and writing on these shows.

OS, AF, and UA were the good ones. Omniverse we inconsistent at best, sometimes it was really good and sometimes it was really terrible. The terrible art style and design choices didn't work in its favor either.

ultimate_power.jpg

That is the joke

>Still it's impressive how long this show has been going on for.

No, no it is not.

Why not?

Because a show going on this long is just indicative of it's quality. For example, Simpsons, Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents, Family Guy, etc.

>AF
>UA
>Good
You must be fucking kidding mate, because those series were so convulated, dull, and full of retcons and random character changes that I couldn't even finish it because it was so bad.

You can not be a fan of DJW's art style. I admit, it is a rather grating transition from the semi-realistic/anime type of the previous series and the simplified and stylized way DJW designs characters. But that simplification and stylization of character designs allows for more expressive animation as well as being able to convey a character's core archetype much more effectively. Take the three main examples of the Benwolf/Blitzwolfer species we see- Crujo, Scout, and Ben himself. They each take the idea of a canine werewolf species and take it in different directions, both expanding the possibilities and codifying their core racial standards. Much better than the alien werewolf from the original series, which was identical to Ben's form (or rather vice versa his was identical to its) besides the color of the eyes.

So how was Omniverse 'terrible' besides having an art style you don't like (again, can't blame you on that) and some wonky character designs (notably Gwen)? Was it the overuse of Feedback? Sure it was annoying but it gave an actual story reason for Ben to give up the hero stuff for a few years until AF, and he wasn't overused after that until the very finale, but then again A) the power fit and B) full circle kind of idea.

Would they need permission first? Didn't the creator die after being shot by the police, or was that someone else on the team?

I kinda like some of the creative decisions they've taken.

So do I.

Go back to your Loli House threads on /trash/, pedo scum.

Man of Action pls

People have and always will enjoy Gwen's design beyond your intended scope

degen

Never seen a swimsuit like that before.

You can use those bitches as javelins jesus.

Shit 10 was never good.

This better be fucking bait. This whole thread needs to burn.

How many years must we wait until we get back into the action era?

>You must be fucking kidding mate, because those series were so convulated, dull, and full of retcons and random character changes that I couldn't even finish it because it was so bad.
I'm not. I genuinely like both of them(despite their problems). They excelled at being a more mature sequel to their predecessor, and I wasn't bothered by the few retcons there were because some of them turned out to not really be retcons

>You can not be a fan of DJW's art style. I admit, it is a rather grating transition from the semi-realistic/anime type of the previous series and the simplified and stylized way DJW designs characters.
I like his style, I just don't think it worked here and I don't think the design choices he went with worked. I love Mystery Incorporated, and Transformers Animated was fun, but his style didn't mesh with Ben 10 as well as it maybe could have.

>So how was Omniverse 'terrible'
Don't take what I said the wrong way, I don't think all of Omniverse was terrible. I just think it was inconsistent.

> besides having an art style you don't like (again, can't blame you on that) and some wonky character designs
>Was it the overuse of Feedback?
It was a combination of those and a few others that left me not liking it(and this isn't everything either) :

>the art style overall was too different from the OS and AF/UA, too colorful and little too cartoonish. The lack of pupils also didn't help, I would've preferred something like Mystery Inc's eyes instead(if we stick with DJW styles).
>the character and alien designs were very wonky. Kevin, Gwen, Vilgax, Paradox, and Big Chill come to mind immediately as downgrades(and I wasn't even that much of a fan of the UAF Vilgax design) . Also didn't like Ben's head and face.
>overuse of feedback
>I hated Bens development being undone
>writing was inconsistent some good, some bad
>too much humor compared to OS/UAF
>too many retcons
>too little Kevin and Gwen
>overly rigid adherence to the 10k future

Not bait, I just don't share your opinion. No need to go all edgy neckbeard over differing opinions.

All I can think of when I see that pic is

BUTTER
LETTUCE

I don't know. Samurai Jack Season 5, Young Justice Season 3, Star Wars Rebels, and Voltron: Legendary Defender give me hope that we will see more action cartoons soon.