Why aren't knight theme heroes more popular? Sure there is Black Knight but he is an alcoholic wanker...

Why aren't knight theme heroes more popular? Sure there is Black Knight but he is an alcoholic wanker. There are way too many ninja theme heroes if you ask me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc
youtube.com/watch?v=5hlIUrd7d1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=UBt5iKa3YSM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Knights have a tendency to be everything the entertainment industry hates.

They're fucking wrong, but it is what it is.

What do you mean by that? White males?

Christian, hate muslims, masculine, most where actually from small villages trained and their training financed by a small lord, chaste until their training was complete, have a strict code that enveloped combat and behavior, didn't fuck little boys, policed local lands, pretty nationalistic, were servants to lord and land, put their life on the line, nepotism was frowned upon if you couldn't do your job, and they would also eat pork.

It's more of just the masculinity the image of the knight has always carried. The entertainment industry thinks masculinity is "bad" in the current societal period. Think of the entertainment industry as a permanent teenager that goes through phase after phase, but in this case never grows out of it. Eventually the this phase will pass and they'll grow tired of bitching about something that can't control, and move on to something else. Just be ready, it hasn't been through its recurring goth phase in a while.

And the thread is now shit. Sorry if you were hoping for anything else, OP.

helm means no expressions
armor means the artist has to work harder
many of the best knight stories are in the public domain

You are so fucking retarded.

Holy shit, get out of your political echo chamber and actualy talk with people and whatch/read any media.

The reason knights aren't used is because suits of armor are unwieldy and awkward as fuck, you massive cucks. Knights aren't used for the same reason why kung-fu is the go to martial arts even though it sucks in real life. It's flashy and looks better in motion. Armored combat looks terrible.

>The entertainment industry thinks masculinity is "bad" in the current societal period

So game of thrones is what exactly? A masively funded, wildly successful blunder?

>it sucks in real life
>therefore it cant be fun in fiction

well they sure as hell are pputting feminsim in the last seasons

Which do you guys prefer in a female knight?

One wearing functional suit of armor or on that is skimpy with lots of skin showing.

I never said it didn't exist. But how many other game of thrones clones, or shows in the same genre are out there? I personally can't think of any, but if there are, how many of those are as wildly successful as Game of Thrones?

knights armor were more efective than you give it credit for, they were pretty mobile and efective means of protection.

youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc

>Suits of armor are unwieldy and awkward as fuck

I want this meme to fucking DIE
I bet you think swords were also the best weapon on the battlefield too you fucking DO

youtube.com/watch?v=5hlIUrd7d1Q

Depends on the setting and situation

that has nothing to do with what user said or masculinity.

Anyway, I think the reason knight themes aren't used more is because it's harder to give them power/abilities not related to their knighthood without making the theme seem redundant. I think that as far as capes go, we'd be getting either magic weilding knights or dude with swords that cut good.

Same as other heroes: skimpy is fine if it's someone like Power girl, functional if they're supposed to be able to take a beating.

Definitely not one for stealth

Is that video supposed to prove that armor doesn't look awkward?

How exactly would it be unwieldy? You could easily make a high tech knight armor or a magic knight armor and thus removing the limitation of an ordinary knight armor or make it a superhuman and thus not limited by the restriction of its knight armor. Have them fight and slay demons too while you are at it. Dark Souls is popular for a reason.

Cause it has history nerds wielding it
Put a trained man in one of the suits and they rekt house you katana wielding weeaboo fightan magic havin unmanly cuckstain

youtube.com/watch?v=UBt5iKa3YSM

A female knight is a dame. Just use dame.

>Cause it has history nerds wielding it

Then why post that video in the first place?

What the fuck do you think film school is for fucktard. The use of angles is so shit can please the eye even if the images presented are unsightly or brutal.

>game of thrones clones, or shows in the same genre are out there?

Success isn't really a factor considering your original point was about Hollywood's disdain for the genre (what matters is what they're willing to fund) but I'll bite. There's a King Arthur movie coming out this month iirc, Vikings has been airing for a number of seasons, A Conan the Barbarian film starring, funnily enough, a lot of individuals GoT, and a slew of others you can easily google with the term "game of thrones clone".

The entertainment doesn't give a shit if mascuinity is "bad" or "good," they give a shit if it's profitable. And there's very little evidence to suggest it isn't, given how many sotries are centered around it in media currently.

That is what an untrained man can do in a full set of plate and chain

Imagine what a man trained for years can do

You filthy double pagan

>*gasp* He's so fast!

Yes, that explains why internet feminists have publicly flamed the show for having Sansa get raped and making Cersi a traitorous fuck.

Functional.

>Thinks that proves anything

>Didn't use blessed metal, folded a thousand times

>User just slashes, has no otherworldly skill that can pin point the weak points in everything

Does this bitch even use haki?

Spot the pleb.

The next video game I develop is going to be knight-themed. They're woefully underrepresented in media, because they're just so cool.

The armor has to be functional but ornate and cool-looking (which is what I like in my armor designs in general), but the female underneath the armor absolutely has to be hot. That is my fetish.

>This entire thread

You fucks, there are knights, there's even characters who aren't knights but are called Knights. Theres even an entire order of them with scifi weapons in Ben 10 for christ sake.

>Moon Knight
>Forever Knights in Ben 10
>The Blue King in Accel world
>Knight from Knight and the Squire
>Red Sonja
>The Black Knight in three different comic series
>Shining Knight
>Silent Knight
>Skull Knight
>Two different Red Knights
>A tonne of Knights in Hellboy, including Hellboy if you count that one run where he was the heir to the throne of England
>White Knight
>A literal tonne in games including Shovel Knight, half the 'Souls games' popular choices, Zelda in that one game etc

But don't let facts get in the way of the theory that Hollywood is actually a bunch of evil Jewish atheist Muslim uncircumsised Shoggoth liberals, and they're hiding the era when knights saved the day, and we all lived in a utopia of technology, and damsels in pointed hats could feel a single pea through 10 stacked mattresses.

You know what, fuck this thread, let's have more examples

>Shaggy in Scooby Doo in the cyberchase
>That one Marvel run where everyone is a knight
>Dr Doom's entire aesthetic is a banished knight/man in the iron mask deal
>The many different variations of Knight in samurai Jack
>Half of Batman's alternate storylines, and a couple of his costumes

Be gone, Hasidic Tyrant

Take your pagan ways somewhere else

Only if she doesn't have a helmet on, I like my girls without protection.

This is some hilarious idealism as applied to history.

NEVER

>Look up Hasidic

Huh.

Anyway, tough. I like the Knight motif too, but giving it too much of a limelight will ruin it. First you get Knight's tale, then you get several shitty American comedies (looking at you Black Knight), and then the whole aesthetic has to recover.

My advice? Keep it there, but to the side.

Isn't the new transformers movie knight themed, too?

>Knight's tale

You say that like it's a bad thing.

OP you are a fucking casual, there are tons of knights in fucking comics. Hell, Batman is called The Dark Knight, Captain America uses a fucking shield like a goddamn knight, and what do you think the idea of Judge Dredd is based on?

Also pic related. Fuck it, imma post some knights because OP is retarded

shit son, we got a movie about a knight based superhero coming up

also lets not forget MOON KNIGHT you stupid cunt (pic unrelated)

>Hellenistic equipment and training
>knight

Fuck knights, why can't hoplites get more love?

>mentions Hoplites
>posts pic of Roman Legionaries

Whuh?

Because they've been associated with the whole knight in shining armor cliche which in itself has gone out of fashion, as has the damsel in distress.

Another reason is that their full helmets more or less block out their faces and when you have big name actors you always want to show their faces, see Edge of Tomorrow and how they changed it from being power armor to exoskeletons to show off Tom Cruise's mug.

The female knight trope is boring as hell.

Oh it wasn't, that's the point.

I'm just saying putting in the spotlight creates one good thing, and fifteen terrible ones, or at least it does for knights.

I've actually been thinking about something somewhat related to this and I'd like to share.
In any of the popular super hero settings feudal system would never have ended. We constantly see individuals who have abilities sufficiently beyond the ability of the average person that they can deal with problems that a group of trained police officers can't, the offspring of these people share their parents abilities and people who study magic are able to stand against modern technology so would have little difficulty against the weapons of the time. As even with modern technology people find themselves dependent on a small elite it is unlikely that a period where such a group would not be able to retain control of society. Historic examples of super powers (most being inheritable) only exasperate this.
Of course many super heroes have much in common with the knight, Tony Stark is a wealthy man who can afford weapons and armour unavailable to others, Magneto doesn't need to defeat the X-Men he should just wait until some city is bothered by a super villain and say "let me keep my fellow mutants safe here and I'll deal with any other problems you have."

knights in cape comics have huge potential, just give Geoff Jones a Black Knight book and heĀ“ll turn it in the next green lantern

Just make them Japanese

Moon Knight isn't relevant. He is just a knock-off Batman. And Batman is more ninja than knight.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH you're so wrong holy fuck

He had a solo book, it was so bad that it was cancelled after 6 issues if I remember correctly.

Twilight of the Superheroes was basically feudal capes.

I think you'd run into the same problem as with Wolverine and his claws, namely, that if you swing a sword at some motherfucker, you are going to cut them, bad, and in capeshit we all know that the status quo is god.

Ave, true to Kaisar.

I wish there were more Knights in the media.

You could have the knight wield a mace or a warhammer instead

they just need someone to write Fate StayNight set in the Marvel u to make big bucks and will bring some much needed variety

Those guys are Landsknechts not knights.

To me there are a lot, of the non current era genres knight shit seems to be the most popular besides fututistic scifi.
The problem is so much of it is shit like that Jeff Bridges movie that came out fairly recently or that Nic Cage one

FS/N's base appeal wouldn't really work in a universe where a bunch of historical figures and legendary heroes are already walking around punching each other.

Hell, the 'who would win in a fight between x and y' is basically why shared comic universes are a thing, so FS/N doesn't really add anything really.

What movies are you talking about?
They have the Knightly-Feel to them, but here's a proper picture.

wow that painting is really something. those dudes have so much personality.

They were probably mercenaries in the 40 years war that just got done raping some german village.

Dane has the misfortune of being Frank Tieri's favorite character. The poor bastard.

One's over Jobbing in detective comics.

>lots of segmented armor and pieces
>use swords
Pain for artists and for the big companies that don't want their heroes to kill and maim constantly.