Realistically, is there any way Disney can recover from this...

Realistically, is there any way Disney can recover from this? Do you think the score will continue to drop as more normies see the movie on opening weekend? It's not even Saturday yet where I live. How low do you think it will go?

This film has done irreparable damage to the brand name.

Disney has so much money that it can recover from anything, and Star Wars fans are loyalist enough that they'll eat up incredible amounts of shit and claim it tastes like cookie dough. But they will need to apply corrective measures. Enough failures like this may cost them their single biggest franchise.

I work at a theater, and people (normies) have all been head-over-heels about TLJ. You can hear every show cheering and laughing from the lobby, even with all of the doors shut.

Disney has nothing to recover from. Merchandising alone guarantees there will be Star Wars movies for the next 50 years.

Yeah dude, they're gonna make at least $1.5 billion from this movie and hundreds of millions more in merchandise sales. How could they ever recover?

I go to a really small hipster theater (I fucking hate using the word "hipster" unironically, but there are literally nothing but 20-something year old white dudes with handlebar mustaches at this place) and everybody was talking about how terrible the movie was as we were walking out. Then again, this theater only has like 4 screens and regularly screens obscure shit and specialty showings, so maybe the atmosphere is different from your typical huge blockbuster theater.

>normies
Just like you faggot.

I know what you mean, user. The word hipster is awful because it’s overused by nerds with no sense of style yet it’s still such a useful word for certain kinds of people. I think it’s good to use for people who think they’re cool but aren’t. Kind of like people who dress like Johnny Depp

Its over reddit old nerds have the high ground

Basically it's a small, specialty cinema that serves craft beer, so naturally it attracts a different kind of audience. It's usually young college students who genuinely care about films hanging out there. Not the average movie going audience. From my experience last night, those people hated it. I was listening to them talk as I was leaving the theater lmao

>(normies) have all been head-over-heels about TLJ

Do you really think normies have enough passion for a film one way or another to go out of their way to rate it on Rotten Tomatoes?

This is true. Star wars is not just a movie series. The Autists who go on wookiepedia and write up articles about chairs, grass and bigger Luke won't give two fucks about new merchandise and books.

I just got back from the theater after seeing this.
I was not impressed. Very lackluster.

But seeing puppet Yoda again was nice.

Really? Yoda was jumping the shark. When I heard his voice, I literally thought "No. Please, no. Please don't bring Yoda into this mess."

You can tell on social media and even reddit this film did terrible. This is the last Star Wars.

Star Wars has never been good, Empire Strikes Back was ok at best, if you believe anything else you’re a brainlet normie

Seeing a crowd react is a lot different than gaming the RT user score. Besides, the IMDB user score is 8.1 so that alone shows that there's a huge discrepancy going on.

>the last Star Wars
I wish, but it usually takes two awful films to sink a franchise. They still made Batman & Robin after Batman Forver. It could get worse from here.

>actually believing this

If Star Wars could survive Episodes 1 and 2, this won't even dent the armor.

This was significantly worse than The Phantom Menace, and maybe even worse than Attack Of The Clones...

I know this is a movie, but remember when Mass Effect 3 came out, and the critics came all over it, and then the audience hated it? Or when Dragon Age II came out, and the critics came all over it, and the audience hated it? In both cases, the games in question sold well, but when their sequels came out the audience was gone and the critics gave them drastically lower scores (even though Inquisition at least was better than DA2) and now those franchises might as well be dead.

For a piece of entertainment as hotly anticipated as this, the critics give the scores that they think people want to see. If there's some sort of sustained popular backlash to TLJ, you're going to see the next film take a big hit to its RT score regardless of its quality.