Sup Forums Comic Book Shop Stories

Time to share your stories -- the good, the bad, and the gnarly. I'll start.

>Be me
>Discover a comic shop has replaced an abandoned bank downtown
>Fuck yeah, let's rock
>Enter, find some guys playing magic and the owner putting up posters
>I check out the racks
>When I have about six comics in hand, owner approaches me
>He welcomes me to the shop, and tells me about the discounts on the pull box program
>"What kind of comics do you like, user?"
>I mention I like a lot of Hickman's work, and I'm even enjoying the current Deadpool run.
>The owner smiles and said he just finished up with the Daniel Way run and "loved it."
>The fuck
>Immediately drop the six comics I was going to buy on the floor
>Walk out of the store
>Six months later it's closed
>Fucking good

Other urls found in this thread:

comixjoint.com/fogcitycomics.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well aren't you a charming little turd.

>It's Wednesday
>Go down to the local shop
>The old lady who runs the place already has my pull bag ready
>She asks me how college is going and if I'm going to a local con this year
>Like the grandma I never had

Oh, and you're a piece of shit, OP.

Trying too hard to fit it faggot.

You're the faggot if you think Daniel Way is good.

ThisSeriously the fuck is your problem OP

Comic book stores in my area are rare. I wanted to support it.

The owner left me no choice, however. We all have our lines in the sand. You do too, if you think on it.

You sound like a massive fucking tool. My LCS is a massive Marvel Hater but he still carries the books and I still shop at his shop because the owner is still genuinely nice to his customers because guess what it's just fucking opinions you god damn moron. You probably missed out on having a great store but you're too much of a pissy manbaby to deal with people liking things you don't like.

Why would I give anyone money when their opinions genuinely offend me? That makes zero sense.

I thought Sup Forums like spergy stories. I've done similar stuff to Bendis at cons. I know it was awkward but I couldn't think of what else to do. Don't pretend you haven't done something similar.

You know people cringe at you.

No I haven't cause I'm not an autistic man child and still have my common sense of decency which you seem to be sorely lacking.

>LCS has big back-issue sale going on
>Picked out a pile of misc. Groo issues I know I don't have
>Walking towards the counter
>See a kid and stop
>The kid is standing still, eyes glued to something
>It's one of those anime magazines, but clearly lewd
>Cover has a pretty anime girl with big-japanese-tee-tees, sundress and hat, innocence that you want to ravage
>Can't recall the name or I'd google the hell out of it
>Kid is just standing there
>Walks away
>I'm about to move on, but notice what he's doing
>He's circling the aisles, but his eyes keep shifting to the magazine's location
>"nonchalantly" passes by again. Then again. Then again
>Shark circling it's prey
>50 / 50 he's just too shy to pick it up in a packed store or he's gonna try and shoplift it
>He stops
>Turns his head and we lock eyes
>He goes bug-eyed
>Runs directly to the exit massive shame

Because I give a shit about comics? Get fucked.

Why would I care?

Look I'm tired of defending this one thing. Just move on to stories like this guy did.

People like hearing cringey stories about a store being owned by a bunch of assholes, not the other way around dude, that's why you're getting so much shit because you just labeled yourself a retarded manbaby.

>Standing around in my LCS
>Talking to some other dudes (all of us in high-school)
>My fucking GYM TEACHER runs in
>Goes up to the counter
>John #1 (aka John who smokes) gets his out my Gym Teacher's Pull list
>It's like 12-15 books
>My Jaw is on the floor
>Who knew my gym teacher was a fuckin Baller.

Why drop the comics on the floor? You didn't buy them, so you're just fucking up the guy's merchandise. Beyond any social contract, that's just a shitty thing to do to stuff that ain't yours.

Clearly you do care that your shit disturbs people around you. Or at least you do now.

>Lived in the Middle-East (Saudi Arabia)
>Comics are sold in book-stores and grocery stores
>Mainly Archie and Sonic
>A few Marvel and DC titles that get updated MAYBE once a month
>Pages in shit condition
>Open the pages
>Any woman with skin exposed or HARAM appearance is blacked out in a solid square sharpie cube
>Ink bleeds through the pages ruining it even more
Apes. A country of apes.

OP, you are a living testament to being a faggot. You get hyped for a new LCS, then you hear one opinion you disagree with and refuse to shop there again. It wasn't a matter of poor service or a bad experience in the environment. He said one opinion and then you dropped your shit. Waypool is shit, but the guy had to have liked other things too. Maybe chat with him and figure out his other tastes. You'd have likely discovered a compensation taste he had.

We love reading cringe stories of spergs, OP. In this case, you are the sperg villain, and deserve the ridicule

>back in highschool I got suspended
>That Wednesday I decide to go to the comic shop
>I walk in and see the guy who got me suspended (vice principal)
>Turns out he was on his break or something and he reads comics
>We exchange awkward looks and both move on with our purchases
>To this day I run into the guy every Wednesday

>first year of university, 18
>living away from home, depressed as a motherfucker, see this comic store on my way back to my dorm building, decide to check it out
>don't know much about comics but have heard good things about watchmen, figure I have literally nothing better to do so I may as well pick it up
>have a short talk with the store worker, I think it may have been a cute girl a little older than me, it felt nice talking to her
>buy it, leave store, go home
>only start reading it about four years later

Ok, I'll bite. What did you do to Bendis? I don't like the man so I'm interested in what sperg-lord shit you tried to do.

One sec, I have picture proof of this.

>At least 3 sizable LCS in 5km distance from where I live
>Go to the one downtown
>Like it the least because it caters to normies and chique-geek crowd, but best for finding most current trades
>Walk in and it's crowded
>Find my what I'm looking for (Walking Dead) and run to breathing room in the back
>Area is miniscule back issue section and collectible comics
>Old dude in the back asks if he can help me with anything
>Say I'm good, strike up some conversation with him
>Mention it's a busy day for the store
>"Yeah well it's Wednesday anyway, plus you've got Marvel Now starting up. You read Marvel?"
>"Nah, not my cup of tea. More of an Image / Dark Horse guy. I am looking for Cerebus issues though."
>"Really? Well sorry man, we don't have many back issues here. Most of our stock is constantly updating for the current stuff and we've only got so much floor space."
>Just shoot the shit back and forth.
>We're essentially in the deadzone of the store.

>Don't pretend you haven't done something similar.
I don't actually think I have, user. You seem to be more stand-offish than most.

>Topic shifts to #1 issues and comic pricing
>Mention how things like big events aren't worth much
>Death of Superman overprinted to hell, yet normies think it should be sell-able for like, $50
>Old dude look surprised, says I know more shit than most people who work for him
>Turns out he's the store owner since the 80's when they were in a different location
>Gets a piece of paper
>Writes down some contact info for a guy he knows with solid back issues of stuff I'm looking for
>Thank him, like, that's really cool and really appreciate it
>Ask if he recalls my Dad's name, drop the name of Dad's independent comic from back in the day
>Gives vague recollecting thought, thinks he may, but probably not
>That's cool, maybe my dad'll stop by and they can shoot the shit some more
>Leave and later find the issues I was looking for thanks to him

He recognizes me if he sees me.Don't go often because there's a closer LCS to my house that's cool. But it's nice knowing I'm recognized.

Ok, so this was one of my first cons, at least ten years back at Pittsburgh Comic-Con. Bendis was there and he was hot off of the first arc of the New Avengers where he put Wolverine and Spider-Man in. I fucking hated him for ruining the Avengers (they haven't really recovered since) so I decided to fuck up his day.

I didn't want him to sign any comics of mine, so I had a little notepad with me. I told him I was new to cons (I was) and I didn't have any comics for him to sign, but could he sign my notepad. To his credit he smiled and said "No problem."

After he signed it I pulled out a New Avengers #1 from my back pack and I ripped it up in front of him and the fans behind me. I threw it like confetti on his table. Bendis' handlers tried to get me to pick it up but I ran out the door; I did everything I wanted to do that day anyway.

I still have his signature on my desk to remind me.

Who's your father?

>Big sale going on that's been advertised for 2 weeks
>Know that there's gonna be a big Napoleonic board game on sale for around 75% off retail
>It's normally 200 USD MSRP
>Gonna go for it, the owner knows this.
>Get there 2 hours early, there's already a line
>Shop opens up
>Everything I would have bought isn't there. What the fuck.
>Find out later that the owner of the shop let the owner of a different shop come in early that day and cherry pick everything before the general public had a chance to buy anything.
>MFW

I'm not gonna post his name. He just did a bit of art for a few issues of a self-published title. The comic was called Fog City and was a sci-fi sorta anthology thing.

Just out of curiosity, do you know the reason you have such strong emotions related to comics?

Fuck that looks cool. I want that comic.

I think Bendis is a hack but this story better not be real. Your own story has him being a nice guy and you fucked up his table for no reason.

Why are you such a burden on society?

It only ran for 3 issues, trying to figure out what it would actually do. It was part of the underground comic scene. Most of the time the covers are absolutely bitching, but the stuff inside is just sort of mediocre.

This gives a pretty accurate description of the series.
comixjoint.com/fogcitycomics.html

>Immediately drop the six comics I was going to buy on the floor

No, it's real. I got other signatures that day too.

I don't know why you think I'm a burden on society when all I did was through some worthless paper on a guy's desk.

>I give a shit about comics?
You don't. You decided that storming out without an explanation was more important than supporting and buying the work produced by the people who actually made the comic.
In fact, for all you know, you perhaps passed on helping a very nice owner who came to you and engaged in a conversation. And rather than discussing your views opposing his, you sperged out.

You don't care about comics. You care about havign your little mindset validated. And that's the behavior of a piece of shit.

Fuck it, I'm mad. I've met Bendis twice at cons. I don't like everything he's done but he could not be a nicer person to the public. You are a piece of shit.

You are everything they make fun of on The Big Bang Theory.

OP is a faggot

>be me
>own a comic store
>some fat neckbeard walks
>not lots of customers, have to work hard to appease all of the potential clients
>approach fat autistic manchild to see if I can get him to buy something
>says he likes normiepool
>blood is boiling inside but I need all the customers I can get
>try to get in the normie mindset so I tell him I like the Waypool run
>fucking faggot walks right out without buying anything

It would've been a lot funnier if they used the sharpie to draw a burqua on them.

This one goes over a span of three years so I'll try to do the cliff notes.

>A comic shop opens up just a few blocks from my family's restaurant.
>Like a dream come true
>My dad knows the property owner -- he was so psyched to have it occupied, he gave the shop keeper two months free rent
>Six months later, I notice the comic rack isn't updating as much as it used to
>Shop keeper talks about Diamond being a bunch of pricks
>Shop keeper randomly asks me if I want to buy the store from him one day (he knows my family owns the restaurant down the street)

>I learn from a part-time employee that he is essentially working there for free, since the shop keeper knows the guy is on probation and he needs the job to see his daughter.
>The shop keeper essentially has free labor and free rent, but he can't pay Diamond
>Other nerds in the area won't go there because he gets mad when they don't buy enough comics or Hero Clix

>The owner asks me to co-sign a loan for him
>I'm fucking 19 years old at this time.
>One day the cops come down the street and arrest him
>He'd been forging checks for years
>Apparently the shop was a way for him to funnel money through or something, mafia rumored to be connected
>Just got out of federal prison last year
>The guy says he's going to start another comic shop
>OhBoy.jpg

This is one of the most pathetic things I've ever read on this webforum. You destroyed your own property and littered. Neat.

That's kinda neat user, like an 80s style kid's film.

The fact that you think Bendis is an okay writer and you like him invalidates your opinion.

Oh, and a Big Bang Theory joke, nice one faggot.

Thanks. I thought the way I told it was a bit of a mess. I still wonder what happened to that part-time guy. He was trapped at that job because he needed it, and I know the owner kept saying his paycheck was coming, but he had him by the balls. That guy loved comics too, and probably would have bought out the store if he had the money.

I think you're missing out on a key factor here. OP fucking BOUGHT a New Avengers #1 and ripped it up in front of Bendis.

You put money in his and Marvel's pocket, you stupid queer. Ripping it up does nothing after the fact.

>The owner asks me to co-sign a loan for him
>I'm fucking 19 years old at this time

I don't know why I find that hilarious user. Probably just me imagining he's saying it with a straight face and expecting you to be dumb enough to say "yes"

After the first few months, I think I was his main customer, and every few weeks he'd ask me if I wanted to buy the store from him. He assumed because my family had a respected restaurant that I was loaded.

I won't lie, that shit was tempting. To own my own comic shop is a dream of mine. But I had enough sense to see all the red flags under this guy's operation.

A Saudi Arabian with a sense of humour like that is a rare thing.
A Saudi Arabian censor with a sense of humour does not exist.

Fun is an endangered species in that country.

Saudis can be cool comic bros. It's just that their culture is shit.

>Be Thursday, April 6, 2017
>Be me, on a mission to get X-Men Gold #1
>This was before word really got out about the controversy
>Thursday also happens to be game day at LCS, where all the neckbeards n' weebs come out to play board games
>I've only been to this place maybe two times before on a Thursday, I seriously try to avoid coming on game night
>Walk up to comic shop and opens the door
>Before I take one step in, the smell of sweat overwhelms me, I almost threw up right there
>The smell never been as powerful before
>Normally I go on Wednesday when nobody is there
>Think "this will all be worth it, user. This comic will be a collectors item in the future!"
>To get to the comics at LCS, one must walk through the area where the neckbeards n' weebs are
>There are at least 60 of 'em.
>Maybe 25 are extra large Anons dripping wet with sweat
>There are small puddles of sweat on the floor
>As I approach the tables, the smell becomes more powerful that you can possibly imagine
>My eyes begin to water and I breath through my mouth
>Finally make it over to the rack where X-Men normally is
>Sold out
>I scream internally
>As I make my way back, I begin to slip in sweat puddle
>I catch myself before I could hit the ground.
>CrisisAverted.jpg
>As I walk out disappointed and disgusted, I hear the two people at the counter talking
>One is cute emo-like girl
>One is extra large user
>"Something smells in here, like, really bad."
>"Really? It smells fine to me."

>Pretty good speaking terms with my LCS, can start a conversation with the guys behind the counter
>Been a regular there for the past decade
>Year and a half ago, hanging out in store, pulls in hand
>The door jingles open
>Enter the Spicy Memer
>High-school kid, custom pepe t-shirt, Trump MAGA pins on his backpack, shorts half-way up his thighs in the middle of winter
>The first thing he does is walk up to the POP vinyl wall
>Turns his head an yells across the room if the store has the giant Discord MLP one
>"No. Please don't yell"
>Runs around the store
>Comes back with Deadpool, Gwenpool, Spider-Gwen, Civil War II, and more
>Clerk bro rings him up
>"Man, wouldn't it be super cool if there was a Pepe POP?"
>"Sure. Ok. That'll be $dollars."
>"Lol (he says it out loud) Thanks, bye!
>He leaves out the door
>Stops outside the main window to look at one of the posters that caught his eye
>Starts picking his nose
>Just mining for a gold nugget, oblivious that we can see from the other side

>walk in to comic shop
>mother wanted to tag along because she was interested in what I was buying
>just grab a few copies of Dracula's Gantlet
>see people set up at a table doing some kind of signing
>have one track mind, so just pay and leave
>latter mom says that it was apparently people who worked on the walking dead

To this day I'm not sure if it really was or not, she makes mistakes like that all the time. I don't even care for the walking dead, but it would have still be cool if it was really them.

That must've been marvelous to see such a creature up close.

People like this just make me uncomfortable. Maybe because I was a little too close to this edge as a kid, I don't know.

You have no idea

>Finally puts away his pick-axe and disappears
>"Well, that was pleasant"
>We both hope he'll never show up again

>Comeback the next week
>Ask how Clerk-Bro is doing
>Gives me this look of exhaustion
>Apparently I just missed our new best friend
>Say I'm sorry he has to put up with that
>"No user, he's OUR new best friend"
>"haha. Wat?"
>Supposedly, Meme-Lord has decided this is his new favorite place in the world
>He got a pull-box and has like 12 different Marvel, DC titles and cartoon comic adaptations
>Fuck. He's gonna be a regular isn't he?
>Exactly
>Since then, I have the pleasure of seeing him every other time I visit the store

>Me and clerk-bro can be having a conversation, then all of a sudden there's laughter from the back of the store
>He runs to us, cackling with phone up
>"OMG! This meme is so funny! Look!"
>It's not even that funny as memes go, just shitty captchas or dumb Family Guy level violence
>We have kept telling him that we don't think it's funny
>He laughs and retreats to his dark corner
>Somehow he thinks we're messing with him and that we actually really like him
>We don't

>Dark Horse lover
>not many back issues

I feel your pain, user. LCSs around here order maybe two of the new Usagi's every month.

Mignola stuff is a little better, but not by much

>Be me
HOLY SHIT THANKS FOR REMINDING ME THAT IT WAS ACTUALLY YOU RETELLING THAT STORY AND NOT SOMEONE ELSE
can't you people just drop this shit?

Okay we get it faggot, now go update your blog.

>Tries to make new "friends" with other customers
>"Image comics? Those are so gay. Why don't you read something good?"
>"Blacksad? More like BLACKBAD! Where da hood at, my fursona!"
>"Marvel event titles are the best! It's so smart that they center all their comics to be written around each other"
>Customers unaffended yet, Everyone just gives him the cold shoulder
>Clerk-Bro has told him directly that he needs to watch his mouth in the store
>Clerk-Bro would tell him to fuck off and never return, but this kid is dropping serious cash on a monthly basis, good for the store
>Kid still laughs thinking it's a joke
>We both slowly believe he's taking our hints now that his behaviour is atrocious
>Holding some small Pandora's Box speck of hope that he'll realize he's making a fool of himself and calm down in public
>Either that or he just goes away and never returns
>Still an insufferable gnat

And that's my LCS life at this moment

>But me am I!
>"Be me" situates our agency in today's post-modern blur of the self
>"Be me" therefore, I am

It amuses me that there's a stock photo for hentai.

I hope you're banned. That's just a shitty thing to do to a creator that visits your town.

>Take cousin to LCS
>Hes curious about comic books, so I try to show him some stuff while Im their browsing
>Spot this guy I recognized from college, real fucking weirdo this one. Like the most socially awkward school shooter type you can think of. Had a class with him once, Mike Hawthorne was nice enough to visit us, hes the kind of asshole to ask autistic questions about Superman/Wonder Woman hooking up.
>Anyway getting off track, fucker is taking up the entire aisle kneeling down. We have to step over his fat ass crack to get by
>Start thumbing through trades and my cousin and I both sniff it. The smell. The kind of smell thats a mix of body odor and shame.
>Try to finish up/ignore it, fucker walks by us and we try to avoid his disgusting steampunk goggle sporting, fingerless glove wearing greasy ass.
>Buy comics, leave store, return to car
>My cousin now witnesses the bad kind of comic fag that frequents LCSs

I'm fortunate enough to live in a major urban centre where there's multiple comic shops. That shop I mentioned in particular just maximizes its floor space for new stuff and merch and has a teeny-tiny back-issue section.

I've got no trouble finding Dark Horse stuff in my other locations though, so I'm fortunate in that regard

>Usagi Yojimbo
My nigga

>Don't pretend you haven't done something similar.
This is what aspies actually believe.

I hope you made it clear to him that he was in the presence of a living stereo-type, and encouraged him be better than that.

Oh thankfully he knew better. And I wouldnt worry about him becoming that, hes shockingly becoming more and more like Dale Gribble each day

Do people not have two brain cells to rub together to make a decision to fucking shower right before they leave to go anywhere? I feel like a slimeball even if I shower and put on deodorant, but forget something like body spray too. And that's just for running errands.

Anyways, I have a story.

>Go to LCS on a cold, rainy day, figuring I can just grab what I'd like and go.
>See a mom with her two kids, she's got an older teen shopping who's, but she's also brought her other bratty kid who's just tearing stuff off the shelves while mom is busy on her phone.
>Mom gets pissy after counterbro tells her to control her feral little rugrat. Older kid just wants to browse and clearly looks like he's wanting to go ASAP in that skittish embarrassed way.
>I pity the kid but don't really want to get involved, ignoring the three until I hear a loud bang. Turns out the rugrat knocked a shelf over, indies and Image everywhere. Mom is only NOW embarassed and drags both kids out without making a purchase.
>I figure helping counterbro out with cleaning shit up isn't too much hassle, the guy says something about them coming by every month or so. I ask what's the mom's problem, he clearly has no idea, but mentions that he had to ask them to stop bringing food into the place after the kid got a slurpee everywhere.
The fuck is with people bringing their bratty, misbehaved kids with them everywhere?

>live in a rural town growing up
>play magic at the LCS every Friday but it's a long drive from my house
>don't have any money to buy floppies every week
>fast forward to college
>another small town
>have money now
>only LCS is combined with a games store
>they only have the Marvel Events, Batman, Superman, etc.
>no trades

Maybe when I graduate I'll move to somewhere with an LCS

*An older teen who's browsing the shelves

I'm jealous. You'd think in Chicagoland there'd be more, right? It's mostly Graham cracker comic and others are further out of the way.

>Usagi Yojimbo
no, you're MY nigga
I feel dirty picking it up though, like some sort of wannabe furry. But I can't get enough of well-written stories.

X-Men Gold #1 first prints will be collectible only because of the controversy. Even then, can you really have faith someone will want it or care about the controversy in a few years, if not months, time? I'd guess it'd only go up in value by a couple bucks. Few things are collectible these days.

That said, I understand what you've gone through running that kind of pungent gauntlet.

Yeah I feel disgusting if I dont shower in the morning. I think some get to a point in their tragic lives that they decide to stop caring about personal appearance/hygiene. As for the shitty mom, its her way of getting back at the world for her own shitty life choices/poor parenting. Its like those fucking assholes who bring young kids to late night or mature rated movies. If the counterbro had any balls, he'd ban them from the store

Your an idiot OP

You could have told him that if you like Way so much you'll love Duggan he makes Deadpool amazing

Shit you have the nicest comic book store, user.

You're the faggot if you think a difference in opinion is worth abandoning a store for. Fuck he was probably just being welcoming.

I give my LCS guy shit for his taste every week. And he makes fun of me for reading books he has to order just for me.

Showering and deodorant only goes so far when your unwashed clothes reek of mildew. The rabbit hole goes deeper than you think.

Back then he was still doing shit like Alieas, Powers, Daredevil, USM etc. He still had a largely good body of work.

You're just the worst single cliche possible.

Don't feel dirty about it user. It's just a solid comic written and drawn by a guy who loves creating it. The only furry thing about it is that the characters are animals. That's it. Usagi was made in a time when animal funny books were being pumped out of the underground. It's just a comic about Japanese samurai stories. Stan writes whatever he feels like. Gang-plots, culture, occasional magic, folklore. Furry sex and fetish is about the last thing to think about with this series. It's just good.

>tfw the first Deadpool run I picked up was Way

Forgive me Sup Forums. Anyway, I stick to getting trades online. I live 30-40mins from a LCS, which is located in the city centre.

It's an hour ride for me ever Wednesday. Suck it up and get some music.

>go into lcs
>pick up The Boys volume 5 and Superior Foes of Spider-Man volume 2
>one of the guys behind the counter apparently owns the store, he rings me up
>sees the Boys and goes on about how Garth actually wrote him into the book as the comic shop owner because he got him to laugh at a con
>He's usually pretty friendly so I ask if he's read any of superior foes yet
>he scoffs, "30 issues of these guys standing around talking about how they're going to kill Spider-Man? No thanks."
>I'm a little shocked
>before I can say anything, the other guy behind the counter leans away from his customer
>"This guy, right?"
>I laugh, he laughed, the person buying magic cards laughed
>owner just stares at us blankly

Dude that LCS sounds good

That's good stuff.

This is pasta isn't it? I've seen this story before.

>a while back me and my 12 year old brother entered a tournament for a shitty TCG and it was held at a comic book store
>get seperated as we play our games
>win first match and look around to see where brother is
>he's talking to an increasingly upset and angry landwhale that he was playing
>store employees are looking worried and trying to get my brother to walk away but he keeps on talk to the dude
>it's not helping as the dude is just getting red in the face and has tears in his eyes
>walk over and drag brother away so the store employees can work things out
>ask him what's happened
>he was beating the dude badly and the guy basically started crying and calling himself useless and acting suicidal because he was losing and my brother thought the best solution to this was to try and cheer him up by acting as his therapist when he's part of the reason this guy was getting so worked up
>trying to explain to younger brother why he wouldn't be able to help the fat manchild but he doesn't understand
>just give up and tell him to just leave him alone
>both lose our two matches and go home
>as we leave the fat guy is playing in some kind of consolation round
>to this day I'm convinced that the consolation round wasn't a planned part of the tournament but just a way to keep this guy from killing himself or my brother in the parking lot

Chicago does have quite a few on the north end. Chicago Comics was my favorite when I was there.

Sadly, that shop was over 30 miles away, but that's okay, because I have one in my town only 3 miles away from my house, in the theater I worked at back in high school and a little after. Speaking of.

>go into lcs to get my pull list
>spot Suicide Squad by Ostrander volume 1
>oh hell yes
>take it to the counter
>the clerk tells me that they have New 52 SS volumes 1 on the shelf if I want that one instead
>politely decline
>he pushes it again, says New 52 is better because it has nicer art
>decline again
>"But Harley isn't anywhere in the old version."
>tell him I don't really like Harley Quinn
>now he's awkward when he rings me up each week.

Shit. I actually feel bad for that dude. Sometimes life just feels like life is shitting on you nonstop, and it's one last thing to give up. After loads of IRL shit, sucking at a game you love can be a last straw.

Or he was a manchild.

Weird. I get an lcs pushing new merch, but they should know what's quality, and be able to understand when a person knows what they're about.

Holy shit who are all you guys quoting?

Dude is a literal numale who reads nothing but batman, I used to hang out with his older brother, he was pushing Harley, not the Suicide Squad.

Considering that the game was the Chaotic Trading Card Game that had an extremely short lifespan, I'm betting on the latter.

You've never seen greentext story's?

Is that Midtown COmics in NYC?

>go to the comic book store
>There is a woman in therer

Jesus christ, I'm so sorry.

I haven't got a story but my store just got new owners. After introductions I asked if the Rebirth trades I ordered were in my folder. He brought out the latest floppy of Batman.

Seems like a nice enough guy but I'm not hopeful Sup Forums