youtube.com/watch?v=bRwulXTGhKU&
youtube.com/watch?v=EVRQ2pfZ1q8
youtube.com/watch?v=iQwPK2CEjiw
youtube.com/watch?v=1kGEz1zDGgY
youtube.com/watch?v=yJGqxf86cZs
youtube.com/watch?v=HoctlRyGdf8).
youtube.com/watch?v=hjfM6NiMGG4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's a goddamn lie and you know it. The production value and animation is lower and while some songs were decent others like that shitty Hakuna Mattata rip-off with Rafika sucked ass.

Lullaby was fantastic though.
It was okay overall but not remotely better.

No.

Makes me wish I had that one chinese copy where it said "Not as good as the first, but OK" on the back.

>No one knows it exists

Do you know where you are?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kagw-210PMI
implying Zira isn't muh waifu

Even as a child, I was weirded out by how much of the Lion King was about lions fucking.

Lion King 2 made lion sex the entire plot, so I pretty much just ignored it.

Sure, but the budget was much smaller in comparison and they still were able to make it look on par. Not to mention the overall improved story.

I would not say it's better only because of the lower budget and lack of great songs, minus like 1. As far as the straight to DVD sequels it is top tier.

>look like Scar
>he's actually adopted and not really his son
Why did they made that shitty plotline? Whats the point of not judging people by their parents if he wasn't his son in the first place.
This movie sucks.

Not OP but I thought it was better.

Animation's better than most Disney Sequels, I thought "Not One of Us" and "He lives in you" were fucking way better than anything in the first film.

I mean, I could've done without the whole "Scar adopted Kovu" thing, but incest is a tricky subject for Disney.

>improved
It was just Romeo and Juliet instead of Hamlet. If you want your story to be about teenage lions in love instead of murder and exile, more power to you... but don't call it better.

>sequel is objectively better then the original
No.
>no one even knows it exists
Have you ever even glanced at DeviantArt?

THE BOX LITERALLY SAYS "NOT AS GOOD AS THE FIRST ONE, BUT OK".
EVEN THEY ADMIT IT

Well, weren't Simba and Nala half-siblings anyway?

You all know this is the patrician's taste choice for Lion King sequel

because then kovu and kiara's relationship would be incestuous

10/10 song

bitch please

Kovu was originally Scar's son but then they realised if he was his son then it would be incest if he got with Kiara. And no, Simba and Nala aren't related either.

>implying thats a problem

>and they still were able to make it look on par.
Nah, even when I was little I could tell it looked off somehow. It looked decent mind you but the budget was damn low and it shows.
> Not to mention the overall improved story.
I will admit the story had some damn potential. The idea Scar managed to leave enough an impression their is a whole cult and political party behind him, and them making a Romeo and Juliet parallel was a great idea. they also managed to make a villain that was just as fun to watch as Scar

But in the end I felt the two main characters to be incredibly week and uninteresting and the whole thing just sort of fell flat. Also them trying to write around the fact that Scar had a son but not really so it's not incest was stupid, they should've just made the guy a random kid of the cult.

If it had the same budget and had a theatrical release it might've rivaled the first but instead what we got was a okay movie that had good ideas but executed it poorly.

If you want a straight to VHS/DVD Disney sequel that surpasses its original watch The Rescuers Down Under or Cinderella 3.

is this real?

It has what is easily the best, most justifiable and realistic "accidental kiss" of all time, unlike the hundreds off "tripped and fell on their lips when more likely they'd both just get a bad headache"

In case anyone is wondering what it was, the two characters were hiding out in an extremely cramped space, and when they turned their heads to look at each other their lips were smooshed together due to the close proximity.

Loinkin.

See, I told you it was about incest.

OP it is a very good sequel. People should not compare it to the original in sense of quality because the original was one of the greatest Disney movies of all time. It should be rated in how well it continued the story.
I like how they brought into the light how bad Simba would be as King since he never really made the right choices.
>no one likes one of the best Disney songs
youtube.com/watch?v=bRwulXTGhKU&

>People should not compare it to the original
Then it shouldn't have been called LION KING 2.
youtube.com/watch?v=EVRQ2pfZ1q8

>entrusting the protection of the land to children.

>Romeo and Juliet is better than Hamlet

Honestly if it weren't for "Upendi" then I might actually think that LK2 was better than the first movie.

Is it just me, or do Simba and Kiara look more Asian?

nice theme but ultimately a poor man's 'Be prepared'

Fantastic.

Be Prepared a shit. It's a nice villain monologue set to instrumentals masquerading as an actual villain song.

Lullaby is heads and tails better, though my favorite song in the movie is still Not One of Us.

Teenagers, actually.

Both of those statements are categorically false.

>'Be prepared'

I never liked "Be Prepared" but I liked "Lullaby".

Delete this

>first cousins is incest

I am so glad that South Park reminded us of this. Just hearing Butters say "we could start a pride... all our own." Even when Kovu delivers these lines, I remember him shaking his hips and saying it suggestively.

>seeing his daughter getting BLACKED

why must simba suffer so much?

youtube.com/watch?v=iQwPK2CEjiw

>I am so glad that South Park reminded us of this.

Oh man, did they really?

Anyone else hate Lion King 2? Zira was alright and What's His Face Dick getting killed off? Poetic. But that alone does not help in the simple fact that:

1) Kovu was an annoying emo and I mean truly emo. Overly dramatic over literally nothing because we never see him do anything sinister to justify his personality of thinking he's committed misdeeds.

2) Kiara's stupid "Muh Kovu" personality.

Those two killed this movie. They are shit. If it was just Simba versus Zira? Good, but Kiara and Kovu? They're just shit.

I could remember it wrong but i think there was a war between the boys and the girls and one of the boys said something like a "romance between two sides can end the feud and bring the families together" clearly meant to reference Romeo and Juliet but then either Butters or Cartman says "Like Lion King 2?".

>Simba won't let Kiara do much adventuring as a cub because of all the trouble he got into when he was in her age
>he lets his son protect the pride lands and he's even younger than Kiara is

Can't believe Simba is sexist.

Where the fuck was Kion during TLK2?

>was a really young cub when the movie was still about kiara's childhood so he never left the cave
>dies during the timeskip

Or maybe Simba kicked him out when he was old enough, or he left to form a Pride of his own, as is lion tradition.

The first movie only wins because of its overall grandeur and pathos. The actual story is darker and more morally ambiguous in the second one.

ok film

>The actual story is darker

If only they went with that Scar trying to rape Nala plot.

youtube.com/watch?v=1kGEz1zDGgY

It's an American thing. First cousins are considered siblings in a way.

It is incest but it's not like it's your sibling or parent.

To be fair, Kiara is indisposable and is apparently next in line (before she gets BLACKED). Kion is gonna be kicked out for inbreeding purposes, and frankly he has magic powers whereas she doesn't

Had some good songs. I thinking Kovu was Scar's son when I was a kid, but that would've meant Kiara and Kovu being cousins.

>"Like Lion King 2?".

Okay that's pretty hilarious.

Even more so since in Romeo and Juliet, the romance was a bad thing and only tied everyone together when they died!

Meanwhile in TLK2 the romance actually did bring both sides together in the end through reasoning and only Zira, the evil mother, died. I was about to say "It wasn't suicide." but...well it pretty much was since she refused help. (and you can still see her smile when falling, even though they cut out the part where she lets go and says never.)

You cannot tell me that this was no fire.

youtube.com/watch?v=yJGqxf86cZs

>INB4 we get a disney tv movie about where Kion was during this film.

Didn't Simba have ANOTHER son in the books before Lion King 2 came out?

>sleep, eat, and fuck pride lionesses all day

lions have it pretty comfy

It's almost like you don't watch anime. Teenagers are the most powerful humans on earth.

Yeah, everyone assumed that Simba's son from the comics (his first child) was killed before Kiara was born, which was another reason as to why Simba was so protective of her.

Yeah, I heard about that theory. It explained that Zira was the one who killed him and that's why she was exiled in the first place.

That one's true, though. Hamlet is overrated as hell.

Only the alpha lion, sorry user but you're scar

You do know "He Lives In You" was just taken off of a popular audio spinoff album right?

It doesn't really count as being Lion King 2's own.

Not him but regardless, it'd always as being something connected to LK2.

So now, because of Kion existing, there's a theory about him being dead during TLK2.

But if we pay attention to the other theory, then that means Simba had not one, but TWO sons that died!

But that's a bit much and Kion is part of a children's show for very little kids- which means they probably wont kill him off in other media..... any time soon.

Lion King isn't 10/10 BEST DISNEY EVER MY FAVORITE MOVIE so I don't really have much investment in debating the quality of it vs. the sequel. Also I haven't seen either in full in years. But:

Simba's Pride has some genuinely interesting concepts going on, which I don't think can be said about most Disney sequels. Simba holding his kid back because of his own childhood experiences, idea of characters with a personal connection to Scar, Kovu being raised as a weapon, etc. Zira actually works well as a villain, as someone so devoted to her king/possible lover that she's carrying out this long-form revenge and sticking to her principles after losing everything (her suicide would've been cool too; not sure if they pussied out or it wasn't allowed youtube.com/watch?v=HoctlRyGdf8).

The new characters' designs feel like they come from the same universe-- actually I like that they have other lions who look like Scar-- and the Outlands make for a cool setting. Some of the songs are good; soundtrack as a whole isn't forgettable.

Can't really judge animation or writing etc. just from memory, and so I don't know if I'd like it if I watched it right now. But I do think the fact that I can name off a few positives makes it feel there was some effort put into it compared to similar cashgrabs, whether that effort actually succeeded or not.

I think its biggest failing on the writing front is that they didn't even make a token effort to account for the fan-fic-ish premise. Like, the plot isn't hard to grasp and so you can sorta go along with "Scar had a follower or mate or whatever who's raising his kid who isn't actually his kid but he might as well be and also Simba kicked them out before the movie began" when those concepts are introduced. But more of an explanation or a flashback, to show where that would all fit in relation to the original, would have gone a long way.

I do find it interesting even now, so that's a point in its favor.

Wait, I've never watched Kion, does it take place before or after the second film?

>Zira falls to her death
>Everyone just shrugs it off inmediately while upbeat music is in the background

I think a deleted scene showed that Zira committed suicide after refusing help from Kiara.

Apparently Kion is only a little bit younger than Kiara. I'm not too sure about it, but Kion should have existed maybe a couple years after Kiara first met Kovu?

>>Zira falls to her death

>I think a deleted scene showed that Zira committed suicide after refusing help from Kiara.

She still refused help in the final cut, but looks worried and doesn't try to reach up to grab Kiara's hand and then she falls. BUT you can still see her smiling as she falls.

I always thought that was weird though I didn't give it much thought.

i wanna fug those lionesses

You make some good points. Growing up, it was one of my favorite Disney movies, so all I can really add to all that is that we don't see Kovu really develop for good reasons. We don't hear anyone mention that Simba ran away and shrugged off his duties for most of his life or any reason as to why Scar had loyalists. One bitter lover with some revenge babies, sure, but a pride to match Simba's? Was him being king that divisive? It didn't look like that at all in the first movie, leaving us to wonder if Scar didn't have a sleeper cell of wives.

>He didn't like Upendi

nigga they will bite your dick off

I'm sorry did you just say RDU was direct-to-video?? I'ma sic Joanna on yo ass

Upendi was a mistake.

okay... this is fucked up...

Everyone keeps saying that Kovu was Scar's son, but in the movie i remember Zira saying kovu was "hand chosen by scar" or something, i assumed he was just some cub Scar chose randomly, so he would seem to have an air of gravitas. But now that I think about it, Kovu couldn't have even been born yet?

This.

It's not THAT bad. I mean, it's just outlining Nala's reason for leaving to find help was because a king at least twice her age in lion years is going to abuse his power to have sex with her.

Okay yeah that's bad.

Both of those statements are bullshit and you know it.

>didn't just rape her and sing while doing it

fucking DISNEY

Nuka, voiced by none other than Hollywood sweetheart Andy Dick, says "Scar isn't even his father." He's a random cub. Maybe Simba's.

You've got a point.
Kovu probably wouldn't have been born until (at the most) around the time Scar was killed.

So maybe, he was chosen when Zira was pregnant.

And if you actually think about it, the alternative they chose is basically incest.

He's not Scar's son but was originally designed that way, then they realized he'd be fucking his cousin, so they deliberately threw in those lines to indicate he had a different father.

I assumed Zira came from a pride that hid died out or something like that and was pregnant when she met Scar.

King of Thieves is a better story than the original Aladdin

I remember reading in one of the Disney Adventures magazines that Andy Dick stuffed his shirt with toilet paper to simulate a mane during recording. At the moment I thought that was just silly fun, but now I know that was just coke fueled antics. I'm sure he was a chore to work with.

How was the incest an after thought? Like, it's really not hard to think about when you give the story any thought at all. Not that it's really all that strange in regards to royal bloodlines.

That lion's mane is burning my eyes.

>How was the incest an after thought?

Because they're Lions.

don't

>but incest is a tricky subject for Disney.
Simba and Nala literally fuck each other

lol

I wanted to fuck Vitani as a kid.

>objectively better then the original

Yeah, no. The opening song is GOAT, though. They even used it in the Broadway musical for the original Lion King.

youtube.com/watch?v=hjfM6NiMGG4