So... we're just not going to know anything about this guy and how he came to be?

So... we're just not going to know anything about this guy and how he came to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kbjjTkP2GgA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its anakin

Thing is, he's a plot device. He came to be because plot device. He's from Plot Devicia.

He knew force lightning and was extremely powerful. If he's actually dead I'll be surprised. But then again starkiller base.

not only that WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE OTHER 12 STUDENTS AND THE KNIGHTS OF REN!?!?!?!??!?!!?????

Did we know about Palpatine in 4 5 or 6? It took years of backstory to reveal Sheev's Rule of One motivations and backstory. Give the EU time, Snoke'll be fleshed out.

Your expectation was subverted, so you can't call it shit.

no

i thought the twist would be leia saying "im not your mother" a la do i really have to rxplain it

He shouldnt have died like abbitch and have kept him around for the 9th movie

Yes i can you disney cuck

That's really very interesting, but doesn't explain a single thing in relation to the (now dead) exposition of this character.
The problem is that Snoke was setup to be a pivotal character in TFA, only to be revealed as an empty plot device and once again leaving viewers more than a little confused.
Have people really become this fucking stupid, that they'll buy into this garbage?

his voice will still be around and talking to kylo in his head, congratulating him for passing the final test and harnessing his true force power. "snoke" is just going to be a pawn to someone bigger.

He got killed though and was a weak character so no one really gives a fuck about him at this point.

do we teally need less asians and morefacelessnes

lucas straighy up injected the series with backstory steroids via rpisode 1

are you not satusfied

do i really rven need to knoe GLAF D I KNOW THE BACKSTORY OF THR MITACHLORIANS FROM EP 1 YUP

its called soap opera drama and wr all know when purple hair jurrasic park bitch but older goes hypermode is the sigle most aesthetic redemeeing thing in sw that literally episode 1? ruined singlehandely

I thought that they might have been the Praetorian Guard. They all had unique weapons and shit. Hope I'm wrong.

4 5 and 6 established the universe with Sheev in it

Snoke's problem is that he just suddenly exists out of nowhere as a massively powerful individual in this established universe with no explanation

You were expecting explanations?

He wasn't set up to be anything. I have no doubt that they never even considered fleshing out his backstory. They'll hire a novelist to do that so they can make a buck on Amazon.

>He wasn't set up to be anything
Not the impression I got

>THE OTHER 12 STUDENTS AND THE KNIGHTS OF REN

I assumed the students that joined Kylo became the Knights of Ren and Luke said he killed the rest. It's almost certainly never going to be expanded on beyond that.

> 2 years of theories for nothing

You'd have to inject a ton of imagination into his brief holo-appearances in Ep 7 to think anything otherwise. They gave us exactly no info because there was no info to give.

Sheev was an ominous and creepy Sith Lord who hung around in the background and manipulated the entire Empire. His aura was menacing and he did not even need to speak or be present to intimidate people. This is going off of what we knew from the OT.

Snoke was a bum who sat around in a chair and no one knows what it is exactly he did but apparently he wasn't powerful enough in the Force to sense the five or six seconds of tension as a lightsaber literally centimeters from his body tilted toward him for a killing blow.

its slmost as i f it catered to a wider audience and was the most just a movie and not warhammer 40k level nerdiness

1 good intent failed
2 solid
3 was well 3 anticipated
4 sci fi
5 kino
6 was 6 and anticipated
7 is anime
8 is the first movie plot point a and b are introduced and subsequently resolved and literally nothing else.

It was the same deal with Palpatine, we didn't know anything about him until the prequels.

You'll be lucky if Snoke gets a backstory in Rebels or some shitty novel.

Fuck off, you make it sound like he was just a walk on part.
EVERYBODY wanted to know, why, what, when, where, and who this cocksucker was.
Coherent storytelling doesn't seem to be a strong point when talking about (((their))) version of Star Wars.

>local politician who moonlights as a dark lord of the Sith.
>Manufactured Naboo blockade crisis to manipulate politicians into electing him Supreme Chancellor
>Manufactured Separatist crisis to manipulate politicians into granting him emergency powers and extending his term well beyond the legal limit.
>Manipulated Jedi into staging a coup so the same incompetent politicians will grant him even more power to "protect" the Republic
>Uses all his new legal powers to re-organize the Republic into a fascist dictatorship and purge his opposition.
>Uses Anakin's roastie to manipulate him into massacring all the Jedi
That's how The Emperor came to be, were you not paying attention?

Its not the same thing with sheeve you cuck, youre literally comparing apples to oranges

The more I think about the extremely poor handling of his death, the more I begin to suspect that he was just a red herring - an apprentice for the true big baddie that has yet to be revealed.

Regardless, that's still an incredibly shitty way to go about it since we've gotten zero implications about his backstory or a potential unrevealed villain that he had been working for.

>Implying there won't be a semi-canon comic book which which will explain his backstory for only $15.99
You people need to stop being so racist.

>main villain's master
>title is supreme leader
>incredibly important to the backstory and what happened to ben solo
clearly they had some kind of plan and johnson said fuck it

Nope.

No explanation about how Orange Yoda lady got Luke's saber either

He was there to make Rey and Kylo (but mostly Rey) look strong, that's it. That was his sole reason to exist.

C'mon son, George was pretty thorough in building Palpatine's political rise to power.

What are the odds that they handle this "Dark Empire"-style and have him come back as a force ghost inhabiting a clone body? It would not be the stupidest thing that's happened in the sequels.

Rey needed it. Rey is a Mary Sue, so everything works out perfectly for her.

>Make a movie called Episode 4
>We don't immediately know all of the backstories of the characters until they make Episodes 1-3
>This makes it okay when critical characters randomly pop into prominence without any backstory or explanation at all between two chronologically consecutive movies

When are the rest of the Knights of Ren going to show up?

Dooku had a similarly sized role but we learned a hell of a lot more about him, even in the movies.

expect a throwaway line in some comic or the next film that they decided to change uniform to pic related

1 day han soloson benjamin keno bee said i hate this ray if sunshine i hate everybody i am evil i will help you said snoke ok end of prequel

Goddamn youre a drunk fuck

The reason why people ask about Snoke and not Palpatine is because Palpatine had a clear relationship with Vader and that was sufficient

Snoke is so bland that people need to find a way to justify him being in a movie. If you took Snoke out, very little if nothing at all would change about the story.

Coherent isn't the word you're looking for. You want elaborately detailed storytelling. You're mad that you're getting concise storytelling. Unfortunately in the age of DLC and microtransactions, we're gonna have to pay for the detail separately. Hope you enjoy the Snoke novel.

>generic emperor re-hash
>fanboys wet their pants
>speculate for 2 years about his origins
>lol jk he doesn't matter
>rush the rey/snoke confrontation people expected for IX into the halfway point of VIII
>kill him after like 10 minutes
One of the few positives of the movie tbhfamalam.

This moment was kino

The "plan" was already hatched. You have yourself summed up everything we were meant to know about Snoke. They even address your concerns regarding "what happened to Ben Solo" in tLJ, making it clear that they needed to keep Snoke's involvement with student Ben vague so that Leia would blame Snoke and not Luke for Ben's emo breakdown.

Yeah but the character was such shit that I actually wanted an explanation. How does the First Order happen to find another green deformed being who is super powerful in the force (and I'm assuming he's actually a Sith Lord??) and decide to also elect him "Supreme Leader". I mean, Palpatine spent his life as a senator and slowly wiggled his way into power for years before finally revealing himself. Are you telling me that these creepy, evil politician/sith lords are a dime a dozen?

I was thinking about the same while watching the movie. The other way to bring him back and explain something is Snoke's voice inside Kylo's head from now on.

I actually liked how he died(by trickery instead of combat), reminded me Joruus C'baoth in The Last Command. It's everything else about that scene that sucked.

It doesn't matter. That's the whole point. They got to re-hash The Emperor/Vader dynamic as well as the Emperor (Snoke) confronting Luke (Rey) and having Vader (Kylo) kill him. While also getting it out of the way fast enough to be like "lol it doesn't matter guys! it's rey and ben's story not snoke's!" So they're having their cake and eating it too.

I guess you could say we only got "half" his story.

They explained all this shit in the Aftermath novels apparently, but they are terrible.

It wasn’t called episode 4 when it was shown in theatres you fucking child

GOT HIS PREQUEL RIGHT FUCKING HERE!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/kbjjTkP2GgA

We'll get some extended universe shit since he's dead, and they're probably not going to make his origin a big deal in episode 9. Snoke was mostly a figurehead anyway, because the first order is basically a bunch of military schmucks who can't get over sheens vision of the military. I mean sheev fucking changed the Galaxy forever. The most Snoke did was bitch about force shenanigans.

Beyond that, it's mostly the fact the screenwriters have no sense of scale. They simultaneously wanted to top the death star while not giving a clear vision of just how wide spread the first order and resistance is, so we have practically no idea what the state of the Galaxy looks like aside from the republic capital solar system got blown the fuck up, and the resistance is basically dead since they now have the millennium falcon, like 2 dozen people, and a girl with like 2 days of Jedi training and some books.

The military doctrine of the empire basically requires an emperor figurehead to function, so they found one. Snoke is a bitch compared to sheev, but that's practically everyone in the Disney movies.

>Snoke is a bitch compared to sheev
Both were murdered by their apprentices who they openly shat upon. At least Snoke was tricked by Kylo. Sheev just let Vader pick him up and toss him down a bottomless pit.

> 2
> Solid
That movie was unwatchable.

See Yeah we’ll probably get EU material for it, but relying on the EU like that is just bad storytelling in my opinion.