Could it be the first really good vidya movie or is metal gear too silly to get on the big screen...

Could it be the first really good vidya movie or is metal gear too silly to get on the big screen? Who should play snake?

BEST SNAKE COMING THROUGH

There’s already a Metal Gear Solid movie.

Metal Gear is already a kinographic blend of video game and film. Making it into a movie is retarded.

Tom Cruise

Making a MGS movie is the most retarded idea I've ever heard, considering hiw MGS outkinos most films

Can she play Meryl?

The problem with making Metal Gear into a movie comes down to there really isn't anywhere to go in that universe because it's kinda closed off, and people won't be invested if we aren't following a Snake around. If they just straight up adapt Metal Gear Solid or something it that's dogshit because it would really be a movie where now, we get the cutscenes now live action and some dude sneaking around with no suspense to the situation, not like when you're playing it. A passive experience vs an active experience where I can be snake as opposed to watching.
I don't think Jallaq Vogt Ramadan can pull it off, the only way it could truly be kino would be something like MGS2 where you're following a fresh pair of eyes through that world, but it can be singular and of itself and not really play into canon smoothly like that game but who knows that is probably shit too. Stuff like Halo, Silent Hill, Elder Scrolls, Fallout are big enough universes that you can really tell plenty of interesting stories, but with Metal Gear you're kinda fucked.

He's really perfect casting, minus the height problem

Exactly, it is perfect in its current medium and can only degrade by adapting to another

Why? Snake is 178 cm in cannon and scott is 180 cm.

minus the act problem*

kys degenerate

got me there, he looks the part tho. only other guy i could see but he's too old now

>using white males
New in the industry?

I honestly can't even imagine it being a movie.

There is a suspension of disbelief in video games you just don't get in movies. In vidya you can fight and kill a god the size of a planet that shits out little robotic monkys.

You cant do that in film. You cant throw the viewer into the universe of MGS.

>"Oh so the main character is a clone and his father is a man named Big Boss, the best solider in the world? There is also a cyborg ninja that is running around killing people? Who used to be a friend of Snake? All this so they can get a bipedal tank that shoots nukes?"

Because fuck Kojima. And anyone else is gonna sound like a faggot by comparison and not be Solid in the least. Like this wincey faggot If there was actual talent in control they could do something creative and explore shit Kojima neglected like LET. This shit is going to be horrible though.

Nigga look at his hairline, hayter has the voice and that's it.

>AKTSHUALLY no, you see Solid Snake is really there to spread FOXDIE to kill Liquid Snake, his twin clone who was tricked into believing he's inferior and will eventually take over Ocelot via his arm, you see the whole thing was set up by Solidus Snake, the third brother, who is AKTSHUALEE the president, he wants to stop The Patriots, because..

Well it's happening for sure now so well see

That's what the bandanna is for. Why are you even in this thread if that didn't occur to you? The same ignorance with Metal Gear Solid you displayed with your post is why this movie will suck. They should cast Hayter and B-Movie the fuck out of that shit and at least it'll maybe make money as a cult attraction in the years to come instead being a neutered spy flick written for progressive audiences. Also Snake has always been just a voice. You take that away and you take away Snake. That's fine though because this shit is gonna suuuuuuuuuck

Retarded post, kys. I bet you cried all year for chief kief replacing him, and Hayter cried with you.

>The Phantom Game
Wasn't any dialogue in that shit anyway so nothing of value was lost. Enjoy your Sutherland heavy breathing and grunting.

There is so much grease and shit in the games (Kojima is a terrible writer) that they'll have to remove lot of stuff to make a movie from it and fanboys will be mad.

It's too goddamn late, OP. Let it die.

how about an animated movie. those are always popular.