This is the best scene so far in all of the nuquels

Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hLpgxry542M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was cool but she should have been replaced by Admiral Ackbar.

I felt nothing for her whereas I give a shit about Ackbar.

The force is female

WHy did she not do that as soon as they started shooting the escape pods?

she let half of the resistance die because she wanted a few more seconds of life, her ship was almost out of fuel so they were going to shoot her ship, but instead she waited for almost all of the resistance to die?

Kirk did a better job imho, rian btfo

No, this is the best one so far.

What is this meme? Did I miss another inane tweet?

couldn't a droid fly it?

lmao they can't write if their life depended on it

Literally Anime Tier

>the same people who shitpost about villeneuve being a meme director probably watched and defendd this garbage

>woman driver
>aware of surroundings
I'm not fully convinced she meant to hit them

>rey and kylo force pulling lightsaber
>both slide back
Why? They are pulling, not pushing eachother

what if they're pushing?

Look at me, I'am the Star Wars now

>Allah Ackbar
>Rams his ship

Those ships got off pretty lightly, if you ask me.

Well ships splitted with light is a cool effect

Why Kylo is obsessed by Anakin lightsaber? I even remember in TFA he said "its mine"...thats clearly not lol.

>ships can just go to epic super lightspace and cut entire super star destroyers in half
>but we haven't been doing that until now
>oh and people still manufacture star destroyers and employ people to work on them knowing 1 bumble fuck in a dinghy ship can kill them in all in a second

That tranny died at least right?

Because he thinks it's a Darth Vader relic and he has a fanboy collection

That's what I was thinking, she literally does nothing to pilot the ship besides pull this lever

This is exactly why i'm leaving the fandom. After 30 years it's dead to me.

Star Wars forever? It'll be dead before I am. You scorned the fans who took care of and nurtured the franchise for decades. It's not cool anymore.

I don't understand. Rey had no problems overpowering Kylo with the force in TFA. What happened here?

> women think this is how you pilot a spaceship

The script said Rey couldn't win this conflict so easily

>overpowering
where? she got lucky

They obviously couldn't do it because his name is Ackbar and liberals would be flipping their shit

Wait, one ship going hyperspace destroys an entire fleet?

Why not?

It looks cool

and that's all that matters

turn off your brain

the force is female

JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN NERD
ITS JUST A MOVIE LOOOOOOOOOOL

Someone edit the scene.

>purple hair
you can't make this shit up

>neon dyed hair roastie killing herself

checks out senpai

>some tumblr womyn goes super saiyan blanco and destroys all the evil in the world

She was stronger in the mind rape interrogation scene, stronger in the pulling the lightsaber from the snow scene and the final battle in general

One ship at light speed sliced their flagship in half. Even a ping pong ball can go through a ping pong paddle at high enough speeds.

I wonder if she died instantly or the crash combined with being flung into hyperspace has trapped her in a temporal purgatory where she can't escape for all eternity. That would be hellish.

She's probably Kathleen Kennedy's self insert.

>you can destroy Star Destroyer fleets this easily now

How the fuck will they explain why theres more bad guy ships in the next movie?

If all it takes is ONE (1) ship and you don't even have to have a pilot to destroy a fleet then theres no way the Empire could be a threat

if objects at hyperspace entry speeds can cause that why is capital ship combat anything but hyperdrive torpedoes

Why the fuck does anyone care about Ackbar all he says are memes. Laura Dern actually had a character arc.
Inb4 muh multiple films, you must think Marvel films have great character development

There's clearly multiple ships getting sliced in the webm

Imagine if fucking Han Solo had died this way, or at least Leia, I don't give a fuck about this bitch that was introduced literally minutes ago.

>Star Wars Episode IX: The Hyperdrive Wars

>Laura Dern actually had a character arc.
Lmao what?

Did they give her purple hair to hammer home the regressive leftist overtones?

the power of love

Because it's scifi fluff.

I didn't know anything about her, I had no attachment to her. Every fan knows Ackbar and he's well loved by a lot of people.

They were in the way? I dunno, I just got back from seeing it a few hours ago.

Yeah, this user get's it.

>She was stronger in the mind rape interrogation scene
he was just suprised. Not weaker
> stronger in the pulling the lightsaber
again suprised.
>final battle in general
well she went "kinda watch my ssj". in general he was more capable

Good scene that once you think about it is utterly pointless and only serves to break the lore of Star Wars. If Hyperdrive collision is possible and not just a dimension skip than why the fuck are Hyerdrive missiles not a thing?

kek

You're thinking too hard.
Star Wars worked when it was a Space Fantasy. You bring in the actual physics of the universe (Stuff traveling at Light Speed has infinite energy or whatever) and the fantasy element falls apart immediately.

Super sayjin purple hair sjw uses final flash attack!

It was highly effective!

>posts explosion attack and not final flash
Fuck you.

I like both.

t. faggot who cried when Coulson died

She had more screentime than Obi Wan before he died in the original film. If you actually pay attention to the exchanges between Poe and her you would get a sense of who she is and her complexity but you just mad cus she got PURPLE HAIR in a universe where people have green and blue skin

no i actually love star war's depiction of space combat as wwII naval engagements and dogfights, it makes for great setpieces and sequences. it's just insulting for a filmmaker to throw that suspension of disbelief out by showing an infinitely more efficient alternative in-universe without even attempting to explain why no one else ever used it outside of this epic """"poignant""" scene

You know by doing this suicide bomber shit they are just trying to make the new order the west and the rebels Muslim extremists.

Does no one remember when Rey literally REE'd in this scene?

Star wars consistently uses the small ship vs big ship trope but they have to do it over and over again because people bitch when anything changes

>I keep stuff from my crew and cause everything to go to shit
>CHARACTER ARC
Why did she keep info from Poe?

Why do so many people have a problem with the hair? I think it looks neat, she looks like one of the senators from the prequels or something. Maybe some humans in the Star Wars universe have different hair colors. Nothing wrong with it.

So why not just make drone ships that can do this and annihilate the entire first order fleet?

t. poison dart frog

Not an argument.

Please excuse me as I havent seen this show since the days when toonami was a daily afternoon segment, and thusly dont remember everything perfectly.

So what is worse,
>WE
or
>YASSS
?

>they could just hyperspace ram the death star all along

dear god

I'll be honest. I didn't like her.

Like other user said, if it had been Han or Leia or something it would have had more impact, no pun intended.

All I thought was, "Oh, cool visual."

They're both irredeemably cancerous.

rape

She doesn't have a character arc. She's the same throughout but audience perception of her is supposed to change because of Poe's character arc. The point of her is that she was right all along, then sacrifices herself to guarantee the success of her original plan. The audience perceives her as a bit of a bitch because of her interactions with Poe, but when he's developed and is able to see that she was right all along :^) then audience perception of her is meant to shift.

However the fact that there is no reason she couldn't have explained her plan in the first place: there's never a suggestion that the First Order are spying on them or anything, so it wouldn't have been a problem for her to take a minute to tell Poe to stop being so gung-ho because they have a plan already. Instead, she takes the opportunity to be smug which is beneficial only to her ego. And then her heroic self-sacrifice makes no sense because all the ship needed to do was continue going in the same direction, which could have been done with autopilot or by droid and didn't require one person (ridiculous in itself given the presumed tech and size of ship).

>the empire spent untold resources building planet-cracking superlaser stations when they could've just hyperspaced asteroids into planets they didn't like

(You)

KEK

I'm actually right with you there. The dogfights are a terrible idea if you actually bring physics into it -- you fire a laser and miss and it's just going to keep on going. You blow up a ship and the debris could tear your own hull apart. Star Trek worked hard to avoid this, and Mass Effect made fun of it youtube.com/watch?v=hLpgxry542M
But the physics don't matter in Star Wars, because the dogfights are cool. Everybody does it. We all accept it. It's fun to watch. But now they've shifted the paradigm by revealing a better means of mass destruction. I claim they lifted from actual physics, but regardless of where it came from, the fact that nobody has ever brought up the potential for this as a weapon means that nobody in Star Wars has ever thought of it, so it's clearly not organic to the universe we know and love., and... well, Jesus, what's the point of those dogfights anymore? You're just making one of the signature scenes of Star Wars redundant, you dumb fuckers.

didn't she shoot one of their own in the face like a minute before this? how come everybody forgot it

It annoyed me how every kid went "whoa".

Also who is this bitch? Boring character whos too cliche to hate

That wouls have been a great throw back

why don't they have light drives on a million tiny ships then? why have weapons at all if thats that easy to ram other ships...?

>hyperspace telefrag

nice

Look at this. We could have built a new trilogy in this squalor, but you choose Disney over us. I exist only to protect the canon. That is the sole purpose for which I was born, and every action I take, no matter how violent or how cruel, is for the greater good of our story. And now, I have no story. My soul—that is what you have taken from me!

Based protector

Why isn't literally every attack ship just a suicide ship? If you can destroy entire fleets with a single ship and light speed, why bother with bombers and gunners? They could've saved nine lives if they had one suicide ship instead of ten bombers.

Why didn't the Empire just build a bunch of small ships that would engage hyperdrive above planets they wanted to destroy instead of wasting a lot of money and effort on building a moon/planet-sized station?

Also does that mean the Rebels are literally ISIS now with explodymobiles? Seems kinda on the nose and in poor taste.

>we want equality
>wait, we actually want it all

Hey now, Rebel suicide bombers are an integral part to making ISIS refugee transplants feel welcomed here in the west.

> the fact that nobody has ever brought up the potential for this as a weapon means that nobody in Star Wars has ever thought of it

The general dude knew what she was doing when he got all scared and went "Fire at that ship!"

and all for the sake of one pointless sacrifice of a forgettable literal who. at least laura dern got a nice check.

honestly the dogfights are one of my favorite things about star wars as a whole, there's something so engaging about a good movie dogfight. all i want out of disney's plan to churn out a star wars flick yearly is a god damn rogue squadron movie or something like it. give me area 88 in space and i'll forgive anything

Even better, why even man these ships? Just make a light speed missile or something.

Looking at the amount of destruction it caused, why the fuck are hyperdrive missiles not a thing? It would singlehandledly wreck entire fleets.

exactly, fleet engagements would be fought at maximum range and be decided by who can get sensor lock and launch their compliment of hyperdrive missiles first

>disney star wars

>good dogfights

You're talking about movies where crap like "I don't know how to pilot one of these but I can outmaneuver trained rebel pilots because I'm a main character" happens on the regular. There's no suspense, it's just "Is the pilot a main character? Well, you already know how this ends."

my god look at her face, her acting is so bad wow im not meming here

i just can't bear to entirely give up hope for sw yet okay

So what you're saying is, Star Wars need Minovsky Particles?

Well Gundam used Minovsky Particles to handwave their reason to have cool robots battle in space. It also works as long as there is nothing introduced that just ruin it easily.

Star Wars didn't need something like that and just make the audience assume that space dogfight and medieval ship fighting style is done because it's the only option and some other technology prevents more efficient way of space battle. You don't have to explicitly show and explain it, just keep it consistent. This whole hyperspace jump suicide ramming in the movie completely ruins it.

Plus we already have a demonstration in Rogue One where a transport smashes into Vader's star destroyer after jumping into hyperspace. It just bounces off the shields.

>Resistance literally shit on Convention on certain Conventional Weapons because they feel like it
Using hyperspace light speed as weapon was banned for a reason.