So will Jack ever bother to learn her name? Will they turn it into a gag later on?

So will Jack ever bother to learn her name? Will they turn it into a gag later on?

Has anyone ever asked Jack his actual name?

Mai Son.

DAMN

names in samurai jack don't matter, it's kind of a running theme. jack doesn't even know the name of his best friend

MOTHERFUCK

Magic Sword.

Damn thats bad.

>don't know the Emperor's name
>don't know Jack's mom's real name
>don't know Jack's real name
>don't know the Scotsman's real name
>don't know the Scotsman's wife's real name
>don't know DA SAMOORAI's real name
>don't know the three blind archers' real names

...Do only bad guys get names? I mean Aku,X9,Demongo,Borris...

>X9
>Bad Guy

It's a rather unique charm and adds to the 'high action low dialogue' stuff. Since when people are talking they tend to call them by their name, refer to their name and such.

JOHN. Hey JOHN. Over here, JOHN. Etc.

I don't think they'll ever refer to his name but even if they do, it wouldn't really have much of an impact. Maybe it'll get revealed at the last part and Jack will point out how he used the name 'Jack' as simply a cover for his true identity. Plus, in the old times people believed you can be cursed using your own name, so there's also that.

>n the old times people believed you can be cursed using your own name

I'm open minded but skeptical

He killed a lot of people for Aku and he was going to kill Jack over a fucking dog. He's an evil machine user, accept it.

>Literally 3 seconds after him explaining this, it goes into how he realized what he was doing was horrible and how he didn't want anything to do with it anymore
Redemption exists desu

>Redemption exists desu
>Redemption by killing the one person who could kill your evil boss and save your pet
Atta boy X9. Sure living the paladin life style.

X9 was more of a True Neutral by the time he died.

Does Aku even know the Emperor or Jack's real names?

Probably not

The use of names as a component of magical rituals can be found in pretty much every single culture.

>a huge plot point is that aku doesn't know jack has lost his sword, believing he still is a threat
>jack lost his sword before he grown the beard
>however aku notes that he "grown a stupid beard"

>mfw

People are still inspired by Jack's actions. Word got around that he grew a beard and it eventually made its way to Aku

Jack never bothered about the names, except those who are important to him, like Aku. But I assume he finally ask her that.

Kek.

I kekd.

The show is called Samurai JACK not Samurai Ashi.

Shinobi Aishi spinoff when?

So because one episode is going to be focused on her (not completely, mind you), you think she's taking over?

>implying Ashi won't start introducing herself as Jack after he dies banishing Aku

>jack bring ashi to the past to kill aku
>she says "you did it jack!"
>emperor shows up
>jack? Why does she call you this mako?

I'd rather Jack's name never be revealed. Or when it does, it's something like this.
>You know, I never got your name.
>Ashi... It's Ashi.
>Ah, I see. Well, thank you, Ashi.
>And what is yours? Don't tell me 'Samurai Jack' is your real name?
>Hahah, no. It is actually--
>WATCHA

I don't get it
Its been a looooooong long time since I watched the original show

There are many pacific island cultures where you can't use the name of someone who recently died, in some you can't even use words that sound like the name of the person who died.

>HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN, MY SON?

So who do you think the lucky guy was to fuck the High Priestess?

>OH, JACK! THAT'S GREAT! YES! YES! SAY MY NAME, JACK! SAY MY NAME!
>Uh...CRAZY WOMAN WHO TRIED TO KILL MEEEEE!

byotiful

Pretty much this Very popular in ancient Egypt, where people had a public name and a secret name, and where Isis took control of Ra by forcing him to tell her his real name

>thinks
What was her name again? Ah Shi-...

4 episodes have been focused on her more than Jack.

Keked

>And what is yours? Don't tell me 'Samurai Jack' is your real name?
>No, it doesn't matter

First name Weil Ding.

>A foolish samurai, Wor Eyuh, wielding a magic sword.

will we ever see Da Samoorai again, this time as an older, actual samurai?

Yoooooo, this sounds like the coolest shit not adapted into animation. Especially the Egyptian aspects.

Last name is "Dis Doah"