Steppenwolf, bring me muh Mother Boxes

>Steppenwolf, bring me muh Mother Boxes

Does this bother anybody else? In the comics, the Mother Boxes were never the maguffin sought by Darkseid. They were more like cosmic smartphones than objects of ultimate power. Literally every Fourth World character already had one. Darkseid wouldn't give a shit if he found out that there were Mother Boxes on Earth.

I know that adaptations don't have to be identical to the source material, and maybe they thought that "Mother Boxes" are more tangible, and therefore easier to accept, than the nebulous "Anti-Life Equation." However, does WB really think it's a good idea to have their all-star team-up superhero team ultimate villain be seeking some cubic item of immense power? Doesn't that sound a little familiar?

With Thanos and Darkseid already having some similarities, people are just going to say this movie is ripping off the Avengers. The plot of the first one is even an emissary of the real big bad using an army of faceless alien soldiers to invade Earth and retrieve some item that will allow him to control the universe or some shit. Where have I seen that premise before...?

Also, is this legit how Steppenwolf is going to look (aside from being made out of Kryptonian aluminium floam)?

Because Snyder is a hack who doesn't understand Fourth World lore and this is going to be based on the shitty Johns/Lee origin anyway.

>Does this bother anybody else?
Yes but I'm skipping the movie already and there's so many other issues worth arguing about for the next five years that this one is way down on the list.

Hell I worry more what Darkseid will look like.

He's had little deviation from his Jack Kirby design over the years aside from armor.

Maybe he'll be a cloud

Justice League is going to be as bad as Battlefield Earth or Plan Nine From Outer Space. It's going to be an epic shitfest of a movie.

a cloud with a face

10/10

Satan, probably. Kino of the year, folks.

>Expecting Snyder to have actually read the source material
that was your first mistake

How about.....you wait til you actually know the plot of the movie boss.....

Plan Nine and Battlefield Earty are affable in their quality and are remembered over the years for that.

Justice League's closer to the danger zone that Independence Day 2, Fantastic Four, Terminator Genisys, and the other generic shitty blockbusters are in. It won't have as interesting a development or creator as the room, nor an impact on b-movie culture. It would just be a bad film. If it ends up bad, anyways. I'd love for it to be good.

Darkseid has an Uncle?

He adapted Watchmen panels from the comic, he knows what he's doing. Right? RIGHT?!

His son is a neanderthal

Yup, and some of the shots from BvS were exactly the same as ones from TDKR. Which means it's a perfect adaptation that totally respects and understands the source material. Right?

We've known about the mother box plot point for awhile now user, it's shit

Nobody understands fourth world lore

What makes you think that Darkseid is after the mothers box in the first place?
>Doesn't that sound a little familiar?
Yeah sounds like the first arc of justice league that we got during new 52

I actually like the original Kirby design better than any of the updated armoured versions.

I mean, does Darkseid really need armour? He mostly has his minions do shit for him. Kings don't wear armour. Their soldiers do.

>What makes you think that Darkseid is after the mothers box in the first place?

All the rumours said that Darkseid is after three Mother Boxes that have been on Earth since an alliance of Amazons, Atlanteans, and humans defeated his forces thousands of years ago (lol, New Gods got their asses kicked by ancient humans who mastered the catapult and the bow-and-arrow).

That comports with what we later saw in the trailers: some medieval folks burying a Mother Box, Parademons raiding Doctor Stone's house because he has a Mother Box, an army of Amazons fighting Parademons...

And that deleted scene has that Steppenwolf hologram holding three boxes and being all "arghh muh boxes"

>(lol, New Gods got their asses kicked by ancient humans who mastered the catapult and the bow-and-arrow).
Every army needs canon fonder

>They were more like cosmic smartphones than objects of ultimate power
Spoken like someone who doesn't know shit about mother boxes

>lol, New Gods got their asses kicked by ancient humans who mastered the catapult and the bow-and-arrow

DC ancient history is high fantasy as fuck. Even if you're assuming that Snyder is going full realism with humans your example still have mythical warriors directly patroned by their gods and a nation ruled by sorcerer-priests.

Just like Ares

Maybe the Mother Boxes each contain a little bit of the Anti-Life Equation inside of them

>DC ancient history is high fantasy as fuck

For real, I would expect some Parademons to get killed by Arak, Son of Thunder or Arion, Lord of Atlantis.