I thought it was great, what got it cancelled?

I thought it was great, what got it cancelled?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Oe7Q8OCm5I
youtube.com/watch?v=3MYiIYBzrsc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>what got it cancelled
Shitty decisions just like all the other cancelled shows.

Because it wasn't great.

Porky got a girlfriend and the writers asked each other, "what now?"
after a moments silence, they pressed the big red button, titled 'cancel'
and that's the end of the show

there were too crybabies that want looney tunes like in the old shorts.

T A X R I G H T O F F

The humor was too adult to be palatable for kids, but it was taking up a time slot meant for them. How many kids in the demographic it was trying to attract would actually get or appreciate a Samurai Jack reference, for example.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Oe7Q8OCm5I posting best song, don't mind me.

Only the ones who were raised right.

People didn't want/like jewish Bugs Bunny

Numbers prolly going down.
I mean it got how many seasons in? They prolly felt the decline coming on and said "eh we had a good run".

It specifically ended so they could start Wabbit

Was too looney.

>too looney
But it wasn't.

But it's showing on the Boomerang app?

I wanna fuck those elf girls

>All those characters in that image and the show's intro that never actually appeared

My problem with the first season was that it was too Bugs/Daffy centric and hardly gave anything for the side characters to do. Season 2 improved in many ways, but also delved further into this same problem for me. I enjoyed the show, but by the time it ended I was ready for it to end.

Those short songs had the best girls.
youtube.com/watch?v=3MYiIYBzrsc

what characters never appeared?

In OP's image, the two dogs on the far left and Owl Jolson (though his song appeared). The show's intro also had characters like Mark Antony and Claude Cat pop up in the background, both of which also never appeared in the show.

the best girl

she's not even a looney tune

touche

When did The Looney Tunes Show make a Samurai Jack reference? I know Duck Dodgers did one, but I can't remember TLTS doing it as well.

The art style kinda shifted away from the original look too, but most people seemed to be okay with that.
Even though OP's image was used as a promotional image, it feels more like some kind of concept art piece featuring ideas that ended up dropped from the final product.

because it was fucking boring ass seinfeld with older cartoon characters pasted on

I'd have taken 52 episodes of LOONATICS over this shit

Being half decent and airing on CN is a recipe for death.

>Charlie Dog
>Sam Dog
>Hubie and Bertie
>K-9
>Owl Johnson
>Sniffles
>The dog from the Foghorn Leghorn shorts, can't remember his name or if he had one
>Henrey Hawk
>The Crusher
>Penelope
All those characters are in the OP pic but never appeared in the show.

didn't most of those characters appear in the merrie melodies songs though? i know the crusher and the barnyard dog did at least, and penelope

Cartoon Network never gives any Warner Brothers Animation show more than 52 episodes, unless it's a ratings juggernaut like Teen Titans Go.

CN only airs WBA shows at all out of obligation to their shared parent company, Time Warner. They would much rather be putting their own in-house originals in those timeslots. CN used to give WBA shows at least 52 episodes as a courtesy, but now they usually just burn off the initial 26 episode order and write the show off on their taxes the next year.

Crusher ran into Bugs and Daffy when they were in prison

Barnyard Dawg (Foghorn's nemesis) was in the episode about Father Figures as a tennis ref (but oddly never spoke)

Henry Hawk was in the same episode as a supporting character that tagged along with Porky

Penelope and K-9 appeared in a few of the Merry Melodies, but the remaining few indeed never showed up.

I frequently hear that the creators always planned to only do 52 episodes
but i've never actually seen a source

Thanks for the corrections.

They're working on those Tom and Jerry crossovers now.

but tom and jerry suck

It's depressing seeing otherwise talented animators from Batman and Duck Dodgers work on those movies, but I guess you gotta pay the bills somehow.

Elmer Grilled Cheese song and Daffy Wizard are legendary pieces.

It was alright. The episode where Daffy became a marine was great. I think it was the last time I saw a cartoon using modern guns.

talented animators? like who

Still think not having her in the show as an EX of Daffy was a missed opportunity.

It was great, even had the game on the Sega Mega Drive.

anyone got a mega link for it?

Isn't that the Duck Dodgers team?

Shane Glines,Tony Cervone, Spike Brandt,and Earl Kress have all seen better days. Paul Dini too even though he's a writer

They worked on this too from what I remember

How much worse is Wabbit.?

The writers only planned to make the exact amount of episodes we got, no more no less.

It wasn't pic related.
Then again, pic related got cancelled too...

Wabbit is very..bland.

I know "CalArts" is a fucking buzzword but it really looks like someone just fed the Bugs Bunny formula into CalArts filter. All the characters look (and to some extent, sound) off and the slapstick just isn't enjoyable.

That isn't television. For example Megas XLR and Beware the Batman can't show on American tv anymore.

>Spike Brandt
He's a cool dude, I met him at a Wizard Con years ago.

>You'll never hear Duck Dodgers' theme come on tv again

Who actually cares about TV airings these days? Why the fuck can't I buy the whole show at all!?