Cancelled

J U S T

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I0xUl_VRCmM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Source on that. The sam and rich nova stuff has been some of the only decent stuff out of the newest marvel relaunch :(

Enjoyable doesn't mean people will read it. I look forward to Dickfags blaming Sam rather than the fact no one really cares about Nova.

>FUCKING NINO RUINED ANOTHER NOVA BOOK

Source?

It's going to be that Sam's presence made Dick fans not want to buy because he was in the book, or that he ruined the Nova name so much that nobody wants to buy his or Rich's books.

Wait really? Damn, that was one of the only enjoyable shit that Marvel have recently put out. Why don't they cancel the America Chavez shit rather than this?

It's not in the July solicits.
Because America sold better.
It's your fault for not paying for it.

Well, all this is pretty distressing. With both Moon Knight and this gone, I'd be buying zero comics from Marvel.

Check out Thanos, also from Lemire. Good shit.

It's also been some of the lowest selling. It hit cancellation numbers on the second issue and just kept plummeting from there. It was selling lower on its 3rd issue than Sam's first volume was selling on its 30th.

Should had not wasted time in the last volume with the "where is muh dad" again

This makes me really sad.

But that's not fair. Marvel is fully supporting America when it was not going to sell well. While Nova was ignored all the time.

I mean, it had a decent amount of pre-launch promotion going "HEY GUYS DICKRIDER'S BACK!", and obviously great word of mouth.
It's just that Marvel's reputation is currently in the shitter.

Sam isn't latino enough to warrant this kind of support.

Will there even be enough issues for a trade release?

>The one good Marvel book
>Cancelled

Marvel is such garbage now it's unreal.

It's getting at least one, probably two.
But they might have to fill up the second with classic reprints.

It has enough for one trade.

I was just getting into Sam with this run. Is this how you guys feel all the time?

>Because America sold better.

Not hard when it's only had 1 issue out. It'll drop pretty hard between 2 and 3.

I should have realised the second the Nova Corps were showing up in GotG that it'd be the scapegoat to cancel this.
Guess this means Rich is relegated to GotG and Sam in Champions

Now we know why Nova doesn't get a Generations one-shot.

Oh well, at least we get a Carol team up before it goes.

I didn't realize that Sam had any fans outside of Jeph Loeb.

He has as few as Rich does it seems

>it'd be the scapegoat to cancel this
They didn't need a scapegoat when it was one of Marvel's lowest selling comics only 2 issues in.

>arguably the best legacy character that was created in these last few years (even with the Loeb shit)
>almost completely ignored
>treated like shit both by fans and in-universe
Being Sam is suffering

I'm pretty certain that Loeb stopped liking him once he became a full-blown hardheaded dumbass.

Too good for this world.

>once he became a full-blown hardheaded dumbass
So since Loeb first created Sam? That' describes the character at the time of his inception.

Sam fans + Rich fans = not enough to sustain a book.

Maybe if they add another human Nova...

He's not Robby Reyes. But he is the close second best.

Bait article about Marvel hating Hispanics when? First Robbie, now Sam

They should've let him lie in piece. He died good.

Sam was basically old ditzy Hal Jordan.

Robby isn't even a legacy character it feels like. He's just his own thing and Blaze just randomly showed up at the end of his first series to say hi.

He's a character named Ghost Rider that isn't Carter Slade or Johnny Blaze. He's a legacy character.

Sad

I blame Ryan

That's why I said feels like. He's just off doing his own thing with no relation to Johnny or Danny. Doesn't mean I don't like him.

I blame the autistic Richfags who refused to buy the book until Sam was killed off and retconned out of existence.

>spend years bitching about how Marvel needs to bring Rich back
>they finally bring him back
>give him a great writer
>give him a great artist
>show respect for the character
>STILL say it's not good enough and refuse to buy the book unless everything is completely and absolutely perfect
Don't get me wrong. I love Rich. Read every one of his volumes, not just DnA. He's one of my favorite Marvel characters, but holy fucking shit is his fanbase absolute cancer. All of the autism of HEAT with none of the conviction to put money where their mouth is.

NOVA VOL. 1: RESURRECTION TPB
Written by JEFF LOVENESS & RAMON PEREZ
Penciled by RAMON PEREZ
Cover by RAMON PEREZ
Richard Rider is back! And when he makes his roaring return to the Marvel Universe, it changes everything for Sam Alexander! How will the young Nova cope with his predecessor’s unfathomable homecoming? Is Earth big enough for two Nova-helmet-wearing protectors? Strap in, True Believer, you’ve never seen a Nova book like this before! Action meets romance as Sam goes on a date with the new girl in school, while Rich reconnects with an old flame: the Guardian of the Galaxy called Gamora! But all the while, the truth of Rich’s time in the Cancerverse is festering in the background — and it is dangerous! It’s the comeback you’ve all been waiting for — but will it be a happy ending, or a terrifying new beginning? Collecting NOVA (2016) #1-7.
160 PGS./Rated T …$19.99
ISBN: 978-1-302-90529-3

This shit is expensive.

Sad but unsurprising. Marvel has been shitting the bed for so long that none of its titles are selling well now unless it has Star Wars in the name. People just aren't willing to chance a Marvel title, especially when the distinguished competition is selling their stuff for a buck less. DC bet on fans following authors like Abnett, Priest and King and won big time.

I bought every issue so far, and even had Ramon Perez sign a bunch of them. I got a commission for a Venom Richard from him that I love.

It's not fair. Why must my favorite Marvel comic die?

The first issue was pretty much cancellation numbers because it got a 100% overship on orders.

F

Yup he is gonna die or get depowered.

Marvel reduces their legacies to the 10 ones on generations art sans sam.

That's why you preorder marvel books months in advance on Amazon

I'm getting my copy for half of that.

>7 issues for $10-$12
Not really. That's a good deal.

If Marvel was going to ever get rid of him, they'd have already done it.
Sam is immune to permanent cancellation.

This, Hardcore Dickfags especially thise from cosmicbooknews are awful, so awful they kicked out a really big Richfag from their messageboard because he said he was going to support this comic.

The hardcore Samfags are shit too but they at least stay quarantined in tumblr.

7 issues for $20, user.

Jeph Loeb definitely falls under "hardcore samfag", and he's has much worse effect on comic books than any of Rich's fans ever could.

Thanos is ending. Lemire is done with Marvel which is why Moon Knight is finished too. RIP Marvel.

I'm more upset that Spider-Man and Deadpool ended, it was probably my favorite comic that I had on my pull list.
>we'll never see Wade talk Peter out of his rage-on
>we'll never see the conclusion to Itsy Bitsy
>we'll never see the return of spider-man's Widow suit
>we'll never have Joe Kelly writing Spider-Man again
Just fucking kill me now

Except it didn't? This is issue #19

It's not the same creative team, so we don't know if this is the new creative team or just another guest issue. My guess would be the former since all the other guest issues said they were guest issues.

He is prorected by Loeb, that's why he's going to have a big push in the GotG cartoon and why he'll replace Rich as the Nova in their Annihilation adaptation.

Rich's only saving (and perhaps dooming) chance is getting a movie in the MCU.

Marvel is looking to adapt more Cosmic properties, Gunn said Marvel Studios were looking into Nova and Markus and Mcfeely expressed an interest in writing about Rich.

Feige hates Perlmutter and isn't that fond of Loeb who is a big Perlmutter kiss up and backed Ian up during the split. Now if they were to have Sam in the MCU movies that would mean Loeb gets royalties so Feige would never want that.

So it's more likely that if they make a movie it's going to be about Rich since even Gunn who doesn't care about him supports the idea of doing a movie about him (although he said he wouldn't direct it) and you got Markus and Mcfeely who would probably be willing to do a treatment and maybe the whole script.

Still a bit more than a dollar cheaper than buying floppies, but yeah, Marvel confirmed that the reason why they don't give trades deeper discounts on par with DC is to discourage trade waiting.

>VOL. 1

maybe hopefully not cancelled?

Nope

Bye sam.

A movie would definitely be able to restore some sales capability to Nova, instead of every number one coming out to 30k sales (100% overshipping does not count).
If there ever is a movie, it would most likely feature Rich for the reasons you mentioned.
Right now, though, it's just such a miniscule chance for something that won't happen for probably at least 4 years.
I'm pretty sad that Rich could have had a golden opportunity when GotG came out, and all he got was that bullshit called Original Sin.

Champions isn't cancelled yet, and I'm sure Marvel has the next three teams lined up for him, since they all got canned by issue 10 when he's one them
I'd like him to be gone too, but Marvel refuses to acknowledge how much readers don't like him.

It's not in the july solicits but that doesn't mean anything, that has happened before with other comics (sometimes comics skip a month because the artist/writer is slow and Perez has been busy with other work and judging by his twitter and instagram)

Also Sup Forums always jumps to conclusions and likes to make shitty drama.

So unless you have an official source from Marvel don't take it as a fact.

@EDevinLewis on twitter would probably be the one person who could tell you since he edits that comic.

Thay daid Nova had been having bad floppie sales but it wasn't the worst selling comic, its digital sales in comixology have been good tho.

You either get a Sam and Rich book or you get Rich cameoing in GotG every 5 issues and Sam in Champions.
The Nova name has been dead for years, accept it

The same thing happened with GR and it was cancelled

You know why GR got cancelled? It was a comic called Ghost Rider and it barely had him there.

Plus the comic was selling below 10k at that point.

>People criticize Marvel for their political correctness crap
>Publish a comic clean of it and is enjoyable
>Sup Forumsbait takes up more attention than a good book and as a result it gets ignored
>good book gets cancelled
FUCKING DAMMIT

Sorry user, but it looks like it's cancelled

God fucking dammit I hate Marvel, I hate hardcore Dickfags, and I hate the event buyers.

Honestly this, we deserve shit comics, we deserve things like America Chavez.

Is that the only titled cancelled? We know Silk is ending with #19 and according to Rich the Leech; Mosaic ends at #8, Occupy Avengers at #9, Moon Knight at #14, Spider-Man 2099 at #25 and Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme at #10.

Great Lakes Avengers ends at 7, the Kingpin and Elektra stealth minis end at 4,

Honestly this, we deserve shit comics, we deserve things like America Chavez.

Fuuck this

day 1 buy

>we deserve things like America Chavez.

This. I have seen tons of max out threads "for" this. People really love more to bitch about bad comics they got for free instead of buying good comics.

I really hope not, this is the only Marvel book i'm supporting.

I dont hate him. But i seen enough new legacies come and go.

Champions probably will either drop him or thats the only book he will appear in.

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

I hope Marvel doesn't slip this pair up (The creative team) after. Fuck I'd love them to replace Waid on Champions

And I'd love them to write for enjoyable characters instead of the Champions.

This desu.
I think the current Champions can be a fun team, but Waid's preachy writing and guest appearances from Gwenpool ruined it

youtube.com/watch?v=I0xUl_VRCmM

Hell, I'd be down for that.

If anything, I can be thankful that this book really brought Loveness and Perez to my attention. Definitely gonna be two people I keep an eye out for.

Don't blame Gwenpool. Blame everyone that tries to write her that isn't Hastings.

This is part of the reason why Marvel is #5 in trade sales.

And then Bendis goes and uses Novas in his shitty shitty Guardians like the Corps are already restored. Bald fuck knew Nova was cancelled and was mocking them.

That, and they only seem to have the infrastructure to print trades once or twice, then never print them again (exceptions being the big events like Civil War)

No, I think it's just an issue of Bendis blatantly ignoring continuity like he always does. Besides, Duggan has a whole new Nova corps up and running in his new GotG book

May solicits talk about the grand conclusion of SM/D, Kelly's story just took a short hiatus for the Divorcepool storyline. Were you going full retard like that every time a guest writer took over the series?

I think Bendis heard about Duggan wanting to bring the Nova Corps back in his GotG, and assumed it already happened in Nova, since he doesn't read anything.
What's really impressive is he couldn't even read the whole interview from Duggan since he was talking about the family from Secret Wars.
Also, can Marvel knock it off with more and more secret Nova sects
>Black helmets
>IW family
>The "Aliens Only" one Loveness was talking about

gee marvel refusing the advertise this book or anything in sorts of promotion and it's canceled.
shocked. i am shocked.

WHOA WHEN DOES MOONKNIGHT END!?

Richard may contain the cancer within himself but Sam is literal sales cancer.

Then it's up to you Samfags to buy the book to make up-oh yeah, no one likes Sam outside the 3 shotafag retards in Sup Forums.

Dickfags are really just dicks and fags

I don't think Jeph Loeb goes on Sup Forums

>Moon Knight
>gone
Welp, time to kill myself.