Secret Empire #0 spoilers

by Rich the Leech

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/marvels-generations-original-wolverine-hulk-iron-man-return/story?id=46331912
bleedingcool.com/2017/04/04/marvels-generations-anyway/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Secret Empire #0 starts in Japan, 1945, in a world where Hydra and the Nazis won the Second World War.

>With the Hydra-recruited Captain America and Kraken meeting with the highest Hydra powers, watching from afar the Allies using a Cosmic Cube to change history and reality so the Allies win the war instead – and not Hydra. And change other things as well – possibly Captain America’s origin?

>But Hydra see a flaw, a future vision that the Cosmic Cube will remake Captain America in his current Hydra form and restore Hydra to its destiny. So they find a way to preserve their Captain America from the changing timeline so his essence will one day be available to the Cosmic Cube.

>A meta-version of freezing him in ice…

>In the present day, Captain America is director of SHIELD.

>Dealing with an incoming Chitauri attack, the planetary defense shield taken out by a Hydra assault, a street-level battle with the Pleasant Hill survivors and more, led by Baron Zemo, attacking New York City, an invasion and takeover of Sokovia by Hydra.

>Tony Stark is on the board as Iron Man. We never, however, see inside his helmet. It could be the artificial intelligence Tony, working alongside Ironheart.

>As a result of all this, the US Government gives Captain America and SHIELD control of the US Military and law enforcement. Which is probably what Secret Empire is evolving around, the idea of giving too much power to any one person no matter how much you trust them. Because you can’t counter for how that power will affect them. Or who comes next and inherits it.

>Steve Rogers takes command of Hydra as their Supreme Leader. And it’s all the fault of the Red Ghost.

This is how the world ends. With legally transferred powers, to an authority that abuses them. Welcome to the Secret Empire. You may draw your own allegories. Today is the last day that retailers can up their Secret Empire #0 orders without penalty. Expect to see the issue top this week’s Advance Reorders, big time.

Wait what the fuck is with Hydra winning WWII but not really and getting the cube involved there?

I thought the whole point was Red Skull fucking with Cap's history by turning him into a sleeper agent. Why does it need to be more complex than that?

What about Cap and Thunderbolts?

Spencer is getting his head stuck up his own ass

To explain why Cap doesn't question why his memories don't line up with what actually happened.

I thought they undid Heil Hydra cap with some reality warping. Did they reality warp the reality warp?

Why would he need to? The Allies could have won WWII despite Cap's best subversive efforts and he went sleeper cell on them.

This shit is so dumb.

And then Franklin Richards comes back, says all of this is stupid, and everything is okay.

>With legally transferred powers, to an authority that abuses them.

wow, it's so subtle, bravo marvel

Heroes Reborn 2 is when Franklin Richards was redpilled.

So what, Cap was Hydra all along and only Cosmic Cube meddling made him a good guy? I can see how people will be triggered by that.

My friend, let me tell you of a Ben Franklin quote I just read on Facebook :)

I mean if you're gonna write a totalitarian/fascist story the go to allegories are Stalin or Hitler.

>1945, in a world where Hydra and the Nazis won the Second World War.

Especially for Kirby's 100th.

That's of course only accurate if the flashback provided is meant to show objective truth and hasn't been subjected to the reality bending that created Hydra-Cap in the first place.

But seriously are you retarded? No Cap isn't a fucking Nazi you dumb ass! This is all BS padding for a story meant to get people interested and make sales.

We get it, Marvel. White men are evil. Can we go back to having fun stories?

>But seriously are you retarded? No Cap isn't a fucking Nazi you dumb ass! This is all BS padding for a story meant to get people interested and make sales.
>The Outrage Brigade that Marvel is targeting as it's new customers will rage buy this instead of just mock it incessantly on social media.
Yeah, I'm sure this will rocket sales skyward like Spencer's Steve Rodgers ~50th place sales average and Sam Wilson ~140th place sales average titles.

No, they never undid it. Who told you it was undone? That person was lying to you, and now you believe a falsehood.

Either that or someone used a cosmic cube on you to make you believe that this had already been undone.

>meant to get people interested and make sales.

Those swine! How dare these businessmen try to sell the product which they produce???

>>As a result of all this, the US Government gives Captain America and SHIELD control of the US Military and law enforcement. Which is probably what Secret Empire is evolving around, the idea of giving too much power to any one person no matter how much you trust them. Because you can’t counter for how that power will affect them. Or who comes next and inherits
>the idea of giving too much power to any one person no matter how much you trust them. Because you can’t counter for how that power will affect them. Or who comes next and inherits it.

I like how before Trump, Marvel Comics (and the MCU) were all for the Government being in control of everything (including superheroes) in all their comics and that they were ready to shill Hilary. Now they've gone 180.

Pretty ironic since Marvel's owner Ike Pearlmutter is best friends with Trump.

Pretty sure this has already been spoiled.

>I like how before Trump, Marvel Comics (and the MCU) were all for the Government being in control of everything (including superheroes
When?

Nothing wrong with that.

Just laughing at the idiots who think this means Cap has always been a Nazi.

>>With the Hydra-recruited Captain America and Kraken meeting with the highest Hydra powers, watching from afar the Allies using a Cosmic Cube to change history and reality so the Allies win the war instead – and not Hydra. And change other things as well – possibly Captain America’s origin?
I knew the Allies couldn't really win on their own.

Seriously Nick Spencer is such a Nazi worshiper it's insane.

>>As a result of all this, the US Government gives Captain America and SHIELD control of the US Military and law enforcement. Which is probably what Secret Empire is evolving around, the idea of giving too much power to any one person no matter how much you trust them. Because you can’t counter for how that power will affect them. Or who comes next and inherits it.
That's not how the military or police work.

We've been through this story before when Norman Osborn inherited Tony's power. This is just a rehash of Dark Reign/Siege.

>This is all BS padding for a story meant to get people interested and make sales.
really?
cause it sold very poorly
and they kept doing it

It's Spencer, he doesn't know how anything works.

>rehash Civil War
>rehash Dark Reign/Siege
>rehash Spiderverse
What's next?

Disassembled?

There's still the fact that Erskine wasn't assassinated before the super soldier project, Zola didn't take his place, Zemo wasn't even born until after WWII, etc.

Ye it is. Do you not know about the Superintendent of Police, the Cabinet official who's in charge of all the police?

Well you could learn look at Civil War, the Initiative, and Dark Reign as being a long-form version of the same ideas going on in Secret Empire. It's the same thing: Power is given to government, Villainous person gets into influential governmental position, person abuses power.

See

>And it’s all the fault of the Red Ghost.
Wait what? How?

>>Secret Empire #0 starts in Japan, 1945, in a world where Hydra and the Nazis won the Second World War.
>
>>With the Hydra-recruited Captain America and Kraken meeting with the highest Hydra powers, watching from afar the Allies using a Cosmic Cube to change history and reality so the Allies win the war instead – and not Hydra. And change other things as well – possibly Captain America’s origin?
Holy Hydra Hitler!

>sokovia
>chitauri
Eat shit Marvel you casual pandering fucks

don't foget that this mass of Chitauri is totally way bigger than the Annihalation Wave

Are we still going to get Nazineto?

Secret Invasion

Well it's not even secret this time.

>And it’s all the fault of the Red Ghost.
Don't forget Harambe

they are also doing Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe again

>the US Government gives Captain America and SHIELD control of the US Military and law enforcement
Thanks Trump

I thought that was just a varient cover?
Inferno 2

Remember when Annihilus ran away from earth because a scary person killed the Brood queen?

Obama gave Osborn HAMMER :^)
And yes it was explicitly Obama, Doc Samson tried to show him the tape of Norman going nuts and killing people at Thunderbolts mountain, but he caught in the keikaku.

That issue actually made it clear that Bush was the one that named Osborn, and now Obama was "stuck" with him. Of course, it's still Obama's fault for not getting rid of him a lot sooner.

He could have stopped it.

A better example would be that time he fired all US nuclear weapons at Ultimate Reed. And Ultimate Reed blew D.C.

So how dead is Steve at the end of secret empire?

Very.

Bendis just had to end his GotG run with a final fuck you to cosmic fans.

rehash Civil War 2

What'd he do?

Post Civil War the MU has been all about SHIELDs authority.

We've all known this 'moving back to traditional characters' is bullshit and marvel is just going to double down on shitting on the original avengers just to cover their own ass.
Don't be surprised when Rayshaun or whatever the fuck his name is becomes the new Captain America.

Pretty much. They even lied about Generations

abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/marvels-generations-original-wolverine-hulk-iron-man-return/story?id=46331912
>Is this self-contained? Is this an alternate timeline?
>In one word: No.
>"These stories do happen, they really count. They really matter. This isn't some alternate reality story or some time-travel story," Alonso explained.
>This isn't some alternate reality story or some time-travel story," Alonso explained
bleedingcool.com/2017/04/04/marvels-generations-anyway/
>The series will see current, more diverse or younger heroes, getting “zapped” out of the universe for a second or two, for a one-off adventure with their legacy equivalent character, then return back to the current Marvel Universe. That’s it. Hyping it as more than that could be a mistake. These are feel good all in one

>tfw Marvel will have to deal with portraying an alien invasion as a positive due to obvious refugee paralel despite the fact that they literally just had the villains punch them all last time.
Embrace Change my ass.

I_expected_nothing_and_I'm_still_dissapointed.jpeg

>This is just a rehash of Dark Reign/Siege.

And Axis/Superior Iron Man in the form of Steve Rogers getting his mind altered.

And the revelation about the allies using the cosmic cube to win the war is a bit Original Sin, isn't it? Bravo Spencer, you decided to rehash all the events from the past decade in one story.

this has to be the book that gets Axel and Sana and the rest of editors at Marvel fired.

Something like that would only happen if it were a genuine bomb as opposed to merely underperforming like Civil War 2.

>someone saved my macro
Y-you too...

>the planetary defense shield taken out by a Hydra assault
Whaaaaat?

History happened as you know it to have happened. Then Red Skull got the cube and made it so Nazis won and Cap was Hydra. In Skull's version, the Allies got the cube and changed things to a history that resembled the one we know, where they won. So there's the real history, then Skull's laid atop that, and then on top of both of those is the Allied "fix".

Remember it was just Red Skull using the cosmic cube to rewrite Cap's memory now its just a joke taken a little too far.

>scary person killed the Brood queen
Carol?

I question how you people read
>the idea of giving too much power to any one person no matter how much you trust them
And thought of Trump and not Turkey

What kind of self-absorbed, blind asshole do you have to be to write a story about "Captain America being always secretly a nazi" in the centenary of his creator, a jewish veteran?

Angela

HOLY FUCK THIS IS WHY MAGNETO'S HYDRA ISN'T IT?

Spencer's seriously implying that the Allies not only allowed the Holocaust to happen but they specifically altered reality to keep in in place (or perhaps even created it)

One who lost big time in an actual election and sees it as everyone else's fault...

>Angela
Meh

>What kind of self-absorbed, blind asshole do you have to be to write a story about "Captain America being always secretly a nazi" in the centenary of his creator, a jewish veteran?
Someone who wants to write a fun story. Steve has never been a genuine Nazi, though. Not even when he was faking and sigheiled Hitler. He is, right now, the leader of Hydra.

It's a fucking variant cover.

Does this mean the Holocaust is actually a hoax created by the allies to make the Nazis look good?

Because that would be hilarious to be honest.

WW2 still happened normally. Only the outcome was changed.

No. It still happened.

Before Cap killed the Red Ghost, he talked about some big invention he had made that Steve said he was now gonna take for himself and use to change the world.

>WW2 still happened normally.
Except with way more Hydra troops on the Nazis side, and it seems like the Red Skull kept himself mostly to the shadows.

>No. It still happened.
You mean they changed it so it happened.

1. why no scanbro. did he let us know why

2. is there a reading order for the past like month or so? i'm fucking behind.

Just read Captain America Steve Rogers, MAYBE take a look at Thunderbolts but honestly you really don't need to.

marvel is gay and faggot confirmed

I know. I downloaded Tbolts, the past 2 issues of Cap and the latest Uncanny Avengers. I just don't know the order for them. I'm a Bucky fan and it's painful but necessary with a big event and all

This kind of fucks over any book not participating in this event, doesn't it?

"DON'T WANT TO DO A TIE-IN?! FINE... YOUR ENTIRE WORK IS A FUCKING LIE DREAMED UP BY LOSERS!"

Uncanny Avengers goes before CA: Steve Rogers 15. T-Bolts goes before CA: Steve Rogers 17, on sale tomorrow.

is it not the same kinda thing as like one million or age of apocalypse where you tie in for a little bit and jump out bc you have this conceit that lets a story stand alone.

i don't wanna read the spoilers i wanna read the book lol so i'm talking out my ass

Because Spencer's a massive liberal and Hillshill who chimps out once every one or two weeks on twitter about it and other shit.

the hilarious thing is this is more a commentary on Obama letting things get bad and no one caring bc he was charismatic than current events. Most of this shit was written and planned out years ago.

>And thought of Trump and not Turkey
Don't be Islamophobic, user.

That's a pretty nihilistic and self-absolving way of looking at things...

>This is how the world ends. With legally transferred powers, to an authority that abuses them.

Spencer the governments been like this since at least the end of WWII. Trump is just a continuation of that lineage

why Marvel want Rogers to be a real nazi SO BAD?
It cant be just the SJW butthurt, can it?
god marvel, you have to stop doing stupid shit, for fuck sake

The final issue of Secret Invasion showed Obama appointing Osborn. That Thunderbolts issue was a clumsy retcon.

You know, maybe it's just because anything taste good when you're trying to wash the taste of Bendis' dick out of your mouth, but this actually sounds like it might be fun.

So which issue will be the first to get delayed?

this, all the hydra cap shit is just a rehash of their "Superior" storylines, might as well call the comic Superior Steve Rogers

I'm Australian and picked this up this up an hour ago when my LCS opened and I can confirm this is all true.