Post times that your hometown was featured in a comic book or cartoon. Bonus points if it's an accurate depiction

Post times that your hometown was featured in a comic book or cartoon. Bonus points if it's an accurate depiction.

While Westport does have a few fish markets, it does not have any black people.

Also, I have to add, if some dude killed three people at a fish market and then blew up his house, it would be the most news to happen here. Ever.

>For Westport, the day Black Manta graced your village was the most important day of its existence. But for Black Manta, it was Tuesday.

No chance for me that my hometown is getting featured in a comic book or cartoon.

The only time upstate New York was ever mentioned in a cartoon or comic that I can think of is Killface joking that it was nothing but prisons in Frisky Dingo. He's right.

Also, Marvel saus the Xavier institute is in upstate but it's in Salem county, literally right outside NYC. Not surprising though, everyone thinks anything north of NYC is upstate.

While not explicitly name, my local shop was in Adventure comics #4.

I should have been paying attention to that Wonder Woman retrospective that's been going on Sup Forums, I could have seen how Boston was depicted.

It's also in the current Kamandi Challenge.

That's pretty cool user.

Which run had Boston in it? Maybe I'll give it a read. I live in Westport, but I work in Boston because that's we're all the jobs are in MA.

When Professor X is recruiting the team in Giant Size X-Men he finds the country music loving Banshee at the Grand Ole Opry.

Also in the current Wonder Woman flashback. Steve brought Diana to a military base in San Diego and they were hanging out in Horton Plaza when a terrorist attack occurred. Then there's Animal Man, who makes his home there, and so on and so forth.

I hear it was during her reboot when George Perez wrote her.

I'm like 10 minutes away from the Quick Stop in Leonardo NJ where Clerks was filmed. The cartoon takes place there too so I guess that counts.

Is it still in use?

Yea it's still there.

Not exact, but the closest was when Not!Wick got wrecked in B.R.P.D. Its called Northwick or the like, but the cover was pretty much a direct trace of the shortest street in the world so its obvious where its intended to be.

Is it... safe?

San Jose hasn't been featured in very many comics, I don't think. Very unlikely in a fictional one, though there might be a biography-type comic that has it.

An elementary school in my hometown got blown up in Civil War. Was a pretty generic depiction though.

literally my little town of Bulger is on the rim of destruction.