Daily reminder that the Superdad we had been reading since Convergence was never the "real" Superman but was just a...

Daily reminder that the Superdad we had been reading since Convergence was never the "real" Superman but was just a half of the real Superman we've been reading since after Reborn ended with Pre New 52 memories

Fine by me. Everything's better now.

Yeah. I was getting sick of the time refugee thing to be honest. A Superman that doesn't have a connection the other heroes and the universe at large isn't Superman.

Daily reminder that none of this matters anyway in the long time

What a confusing sentence

Not really if you've been following Superman as much as most of us have.

>Implying Rebirth hasn't been one of the best Superman stories ever.

By Didio's rule it will be canon forever.

The decoy Clark Kent was Mxy the whole time, being autistic over canon shifts

DC is gonna use Mxy as their "get out of a satisfying resolution free" card from now on aren't they?

yeah, I'm sure you can go on any thread on Sup Forums and they would understand all of that

He said it's easy to understand if you've been following the comics. Everyone knows Sup Forums doesn't read comics, of course they'll be confused.

So what does Sup Forums do?

And don't say "watch cartoons" because I doubt that.

Shitpost about cartoons they don't really watch mostly.

It's basically "It was all a dream" defense.
No problem with that really, especially if they have written themselves into a corner like New 52

>red electricity around one, blue electricity around the other

Nice easter egg

Alternatively, hypercrisis

>daily reminder to filter out any thread with "daily reminder" in OP since it's always some autistic continuity/OTP/company-wars bullshit
thanks for reminding me OP.

The merging was necessary from a canon perspective but it wasn't really a good story. It's just tidying up a character who should have been tidied up in Rebirth.

Yeah I wish there was a bit of interaction between the two Clark's before the merge

Reminder that it's still Superdad and there's zero evidence Superbro's memories or personality has had any impact.

>The merging was necessary from a canon perspective
Not at all. I would have preferred two of them. Bruce and Lex need to team up and unfuse these guys. I know I'd be furious.

Well, what's important is that it was an enjoyable story along the way. All's well that ends well.

what were all the other characters in convergence supposed to be

In New Superman the post-Reborn Clark recognized a villain Superbro fought against.

Okay, I didn't read convergence but I heard some shit about it.

There's a Pre-Crisis Barry Allen running around now? So the guy they brought back around Final Crisis was... just some guy who... disappeared under completely different circumstances, or...?

But I know that Post-Crisis and Post-Flashpoint Barry are the same guy, so...

So what the hell happened to the extra Lois? Did she stay dead?

No she merged with Pre New 52 Lois as well.

New Superman #10 already mentioned an adventure from Superbro so his history is still there Superdadfags. Sorry to disappoint.

thisalso Lois suddenly has a jorb at The Planet post Reborn which I'm pretty sure she lamented not having in the Frankenstein issues.

I still have no idea what actually happened with Rebirth and the deaths and everything. Like what happened to Superbro and Lois and nu52 stuff or is it just shunted aside and it's back to Byrne-Jurgens Superman

How can they unfuse them if in their memories they were always one fused Superman? Plus if Batman still has his memories of Superbro I think he would be happy to know his best friend is living on as a father and a husband.

I don't remember Pre-Crisis Barry around, but I know Parralax Hal is somewhere in space

>Batman and Lex having their memories messed with
THEY'RE GONNA FREAK!

Ok so Superbro and Superdad and the Loises were all the same people and they merged and some Pre New 52 continuity was carried over with the merge also with some New 52 apparently.

Well Superbrad is gonna tell Bruce in the upcoming Trinity issue so I wonder how he'll react to that.

What happened is that old Lois usurped young Lois's life. Now they don't have to deal with any of that.

This has been answered in this thread. Literally in OP's image.

Stop posting if you can't read.

Superbro was half of Superman. Superdad was the other half.

So far as we know Bro is just a de-aged Dad brought about because of Manhattan taking a decade and "love" away from the DCU. This is why Barry remembering his love for Wally brought him back. And when Jons parents remembered their love for their son they recombined with their younger, "loveless" selfs.

A lot of it IS still unknown and what I said is a clunky explanation. The reasoning really doesn't matter past the issues you either skipped or didn't read thoroughly enough. The crux is that manhattan-ruined Superbro and his history has imperfectly merged with Superdad. Meaning somethings will be disregarded. Or in other words, Didio's words, whatever the writers think were great stories will remain canon.

>personality
Aside from Superbro being aggressive which Superdad has shown he can be in the past year, that two Supermen were never that different when it came to personality.

And I guess it's less creepy now, knowing they were the same person all along anyway so it's fine.

Untrue. Reread Superman 20 and pay attention to how concerned she looks just seeing the name and address on their mail.

But if Superman is losing his memories of the merger and the details of it she should as well.

what about the batman in convergence, or all the other characters
are they also halves of the current superheroes

Are you trying to be an asshole here?

This isn't a debate. Nobody is losing memories in a blanket sense. The memories will be selected by the future writers who decide what of Superbro they want to use.

I'm not talking about continuity retard. I'm talking about the fact that in the recent issue of AC Superman was losing his memory of how the merger happened so if that's happening to him it should happen to Lois as well.

More like time anomalies. Everyone in Convergence was taken back to where they belong after it was finished. So I think Superman is a unique case

Parallax survived too. He showed up in Green Lantern but I dunno what became of him since I don't actually read it.

Yeah. he showed up in GL have no Idea how they'll explain his existence if he ever shows up again. I guess maybe a time remnant like they do on the Flash.

>I'm not talking about continuity
>I'm just talking about the single piece of continuity that (currently) shapes the rest of it

Honestly, I think that was just a plot point to give us the up-to-date. The thing with the timeline is that we don't know HOW fucked up it is. Clark may have felt "off" because even though he isn't split the universe is altered. He's now an unaltered being in an altered universe.

I was thinking the same thing. I will always consider this story canon.

Furthering this, and getting into my own PURE SPECULATION, I think The Button will do something with Barry and Bruce which will force Wally and Supes into working together on finding out what's actually going on.

They are the only two that are aware (aside from Myx) of the larger situation and I can't imagine the two Dicks are going to be left untouched as they slowly begin to realize whats been going on.

Though that's me disregarding who Oz actually is and what Tim's role is.

But he still doesn't seem to remember the merger and being split he remembers Jon getting kidnapped by Mxy but other than that he doesn't seem to remember much.

Not my favorite solution but it makes good use of continuity to achieve it so I ain't gonna complain.

So who imprisoned Mxyzpltk? Is is PRIMETIME soon?

Mr Oz someone who has been stalking Superman and his family for the past year as well as some other heroes.

What issue of Action Comics did YOU read user.

He says word for word its "less than clear". Not that he doesn't remember it. And it's less than clear because he was a fucking piece of matter for a decent amount of time after finding out who kidnapped jon and sent to a game-reality by Myx.

Understandable that he may be fuzzy on everything.

Well I read the same issue and he says I quote "The specifics of what happened are getting harder to recall" and "But my memory of how it all went down in the strangest of circumstances is less than clear"

I'm pretty sure that implies that his memories are fading.

>DC is fundamentally stuck trying to get their readers to like Superman

This should not be celebrated. The storyline itself is dull too.

Superman's been awesome and likable since Rebirth started. I don't see what's not to like.

Powerfags hate it.

They want him BTFOing cosmic entities while lifting planets so they can shitpost on Sup Forums about how Clark beats Goku.

Superman has been the best its been in fucking decades.

Are there actually people pining for Supes to go back to his Silver Age levels of power? He hasn't been that powerful in like 40 years.

>implying

Maybe if he left the fucking farm once in a while.

Sup Forums have fermented it hate towards Batfags to the point that they are blind to their biggest threat: Superfags! Perfect example

Like in multiversity, or when he went to the moon?

Or were those just rooms of his house on the farm?

One story had him fight the eradicator on the fortress and the moon

Another had him span the multiverse

Too bad the book is largely about his family, and that most of that takes place in their home, on a farm

Superman has a pretty big farm

>people still don't fucking understand
Jesus Christ it's not that hard.

All of the New-52 characters are the Pre New 52 versions, it's not an alternate world or timeline, it's the same world with the same characters. After Barry fixed the Flashpoint and everything was coming back together "someone" struck and took things like 10 years, love, hope etc.

Sometime before this though Superman and Lois were taken and were trapped in Convergence. When they escaped and entered the new changed world they were split in two (probably by Manhattan or whoever trying to take from them what he took from everyone else) After Reborn they're now whole again.

So actually Superbro was Pre New-52 Superman all along.

this again ??

We know that. OP was just making the point of saying Superdad was never the "complete real deal" so to say and was half of Superman

When are they going to knock this shit off so I can read Superman comics again?

For you.

I miss Superbro

for you