Why are people excited for a Thor film by the director that brought us the American version of the Inbetweeners?

Why are people excited for a Thor film by the director that brought us the American version of the Inbetweeners?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cv568AzZ-i8
youtube.com/watch?v=XGj3AogT9EM
youtube.com/watch?v=tKjZuykKY1I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

As long as it has the epic quips Marvel is known for it will be good.

Because nothing will defeat The Metal

Why are DC fans allowed internet access inside the institution?

Marvel movies tend to attract stupid low IQ leftist minded audience

can we just ban these DC retards already?

Why did it take six fucking years to give Thor his goddamn helmet?

Shouldn't you be crying on /qa/ like the impotent bitch you are?

a TV director is largely irrelevant, even the episodes of CIA done by dudes with distinct styles like Quentin Tarantino doesn't look like something he directed

CSI I mean

>no one has mentioned that he also directed What We Do in the Shadows and Hunt for the Wilderpeople

Wait, he did the american version? Fuck, I didn't know that... Fuck.

Directed 3 episodes, didn't create it, OP is a misposting faggot.

Quality in a Thor film can't go anywhere but up.

See

because the trailer was hype so I'm sold

COME FROM THE LAND OF THE ICE AND SNOW

I really didn't like the trailer
2/5

This is Marvel Studios we're talking about here. None of their directors have any kind of voice in their movies except for maybe James Gunn.

A)marvel movies are great to good at the very least
2)he also directed the greatest movies ever made "What We Do in the Shadows" and "Hunt for the Wilderpeople"
C)that trailer was fr*cking amazing
4)fuck you DCfag it's gonna be hilarious when this crushes JL at the box office like it already has in trailer views

I thought the same thing before Thor 2

Trailer was cool until the stupid joke. It's always cool until the joke...

Because 2 of their best films were made buy the guys who were put in charge of running the worst season of Community.
Feige probably saw something in him, and most action/SFX is actually directed by another person with input from the director and studio, so not being an experienced action guy for these types of movies isnt as big a deal as it once was.

Just as DC Comics movies tend to attract stupid low IQ rightist minded audience?

It was overlong and really lazy with the human B plot.

>Trailer was cool until the stupid joke. It's always cool until the joke...
It depends on what you mean by "cool". Frankly, I am too old to care about trying to act like an adult. I don't need to prove I am over 18 anymore. So I have no problem watching something that isn't dark or gritty. No one is going to think I am a kid so why should I care?

Nice try but DC movies don't attract anyone

Sup Forums loves comedy and it also loves the thor flicks.

What kind of sad, wretched creature doesn't enjoy comedy?
seriously

They exist believe it or not

Whats left of the marvel movies if you dont think theyre funny anymore?

I liked Boy and What We Do In Shadows, so I'm interested in this despite feeling pretty meh towards the last two Thors.

I'm hoping by some miracle this makes more than Justice League so Sup Forums will finally lose the will to live. It probably won't happen, though.

IM3 is very much a Shane Black film
Marvel just hires people like the Russo's and Scott Derrickson who don't have real visions for anything and are generic studio directors

>Feige probably saw something in him
His filmography for one

This prediction based on the fact that GiTS and FemmeBusters underperformed.

Jenkins saying Wondy is a comedy isn't going to help.

The Russos were never put in charge of Season 4.

They only produced it and directed episodes only when Harmon was showrunner.

>marvel movies are great to good at the very least
marvel movies range from outright bad to slightly above okay the closest thing to a great movie marvel has ever made is blade and that's only because of the 90s machismo

>Whats left of the marvel movies if you dont think theyre funny anymore?
What do you mean "what's left"? They are superhero films, I watch them for heroes making the world a better place. That's why superhero stories exist. It entertainments me that good people can win in fiction.

>Sup Forums loves comedy

nothing wrong with this

>and it also loves the thor flicks

why? they're all so incredibly mediocre

>thor movie that doesn't try to be anything other than fun
>hela
>grandmaster goldblum
>skurge dredd

>What We Do in the Shadows" and "Hunt for the Wilderpeople

What are these about?

A mockumentary about vampires

First one was a sub-par comedy flick about vampires. No idea about the other one.

>IM3 is very much a Shane Black film
i saw IM3 in the theater and i love shane black but if you hadn't told me he directed it i never would have known that

it's also based on it getting bad reviews for being shit which since it's DC is a given

each of those seperately are debatable but the way you've cobbled those together outed you as bait.

Particularly the censor of "fricking" followed buy an uncensored "fuck".

Did you think this was witty?

Taika will play Korg, apparently.

It was practically Kiss Kiss Bang Bang with power armor.

>rightist

Batman v Superman literally had a major plotpoint about an evil capitalist unleashing a monster threatening to wipe out humanoty because he wants to kill an immigrant.

we watch two completely different movies to me it just seemed like another generic average marvel movie

>there are people on Sup Forums right now excited over a movie that will butcher 2 classic character defining stories
it's okay when Marvel does it, i guess

Marvel: Fun and entertaining silly superhero flicks.

DC: Trying to hard to be serious and real.

yes always is and always will be because unlike DC the movie that comes out is still great

>sub-par
You have shit taste.

WWD is a mockumentary about vampires living in New Zealand, Hunt for the Wilderpeople is about a boy who gets adopted by an old couple in the outskirts of New Zealand. The mother passes away and then a whole bunch of shit happens after, the film then turns into a man on the run type movie. Both are comedies and are very good.

Ragnarok is garbage, also Civil War should have taught you they don't give a fuck about doing straight adaptions of comic storylines.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cv568AzZ-i8

youtube.com/watch?v=XGj3AogT9EM

Because Thor 2 was so shit, it surely can't be worse than that.

2ยข have been deposited to your savings account

This is what the movie is going to seem like:
youtube.com/watch?v=tKjZuykKY1I