The Worst Versus Battle Ever Written

Thanos vs. Sauron

In the Land of Mordor,the dark lord Sauron had forged the One Ring. Now the time was at hand for him to conquer all of Middle Earth. There was just one thing he had to do first.

As he had anticipated, a flash of light landed in front of him at the base of Mount Doom. It soon dissipated and the evil entity of Thanos appeared before him. He was wearing the Infinity Gauntlet.

"Your rein is at an end, Sauron. I have come to take control over your domain. Destroying you will secure my position of authority. Then I shall fulfill your plans to conquer all!"

"It will not happen, not as long as I possess the One Ring. As Long as I bear it, I have the power to rule them all, to find them all, to bind them all. You are foolish to challenge me."

"Ah, but you underestimate me, for I too have a weapon." At this, Thanos held up his hand. "You see this gauntlet? On it, I bear the six infinity stones. These stones have existed since time immemorial. They are, by far, more ancient than your Ring of Power. You wish to test your might against it? You are certainly welcome to."

"I do not need to test myself," replied Sauron, "for I knew the sole outcome of what shall transpire: your death."

"Death is the name I do this in," said Thanos. "You will soon meet my greatest love in person."

"NEVER!"

A wave of dark energy knocked aside Thanos, who flew thirty feet into the air. When he crashed, he created a crater ten feet into the ground. Sauron came at him, his mace now in his hands. As he moved to bring it down on Thanos, he fired a powerful energy blast. It caught Sauron off guard, but he still managed to deflect the blast. In that moment, Thanos escaped from the crater.

Source: wattpad.com/159368606-brawl-of-titans-volume-1-thanos-vs-sauron#

Part 2: Free from the crater, Thanos teleported in front of Sauron and punched him in the chest. Sauron was forced back a little, but hardly looked damaged. "If you are truly as powerful as you claim to be,Thanos,you would constrain yourself. All this time, I have not held back, but you have.”

"You wish to experience my full power? Be my guest'"

Thanos slammed his fist into the ground. A large chunk of earth rose up and was launched at Sauron. He destroyed it easily, but Thanos came at him and blasted him further up Mount Doom.

Sauron found himself higher up his mountain. When Thanos came at him again, he reached out and grabbed him and smashed his face into the ground without breaking a sweat. In retaliation, Thanos struck him with the Infinity Gauntlet. All that raw power was enough to blast Sauron thirty feet into the air. Thanos rose to his feet and went after Sauron.

When he found Sauron again, he seized him by the shoulders and they flew higher up Mount Doom. Unfortunately for him, Thanos was making a mistake. Sauron eventually regained his senses and hit Sauron with his mace. The impact sent both of them in front of the mouth of the chamber where the One Ring had been forged.
Thanos saw the chamber and smiled. "The chamber of fire. A fitting funeral pyre for you and your precious ring. Prepare yourself, Sauron, for you are about to meet Death. Your demise shall be all the proof I need of my affections to her. Prepare to meet your doom'."

Just as Sauron rose to his feet, Thanos, fired another energy blast at him. He deflected it aside, but Thanos used the distraction to stomp his feet on the ground, throwing the dark lord inside the chamber. Thanos charged in after him, eager to destroy his enemy.

Part 3: But in that moment, everything went wrong for him. Just as he jumped towards Sauron, the dark Lord swung his mace at the Infinity Gauntlet. To the shock of Thanos, the Infinity Stones broke away from the gauntlet. Before he could retrieve them, Sauron seized him by the throat so much.

"You love Death so much, Dark Titan, go and send her my regards'" Then with one almighty swing of his mace, Thanos hit the stone wall and fell into the lava. Knocking the Infinity Stones after him, Sauron exited the chamber.

Once he was outside, one of his nine Nazgul rode to meet him. "My lord, I bring news from the Black Gate. A last Alliance of Men and Elves have entered Mordor. Our forces await your command."
"Prepare for battle. Take no prisoners. Wipe them out. All of them."

Author's "Reason for Victory"

"This was a fight of the greatest intensity. Both Thanos and Sauron possess items of great power, though there are distinct differences. While the Infinity Gauntlet is merely a weapon of great power and the Infinity Stones are far more ancient, the One Ring has a more complex power. Although very powerful, its primary purpose is to find and bring about the subjugation of all that dwelled in Middle Earth. It is also tied to Sauron's life force. Then there's the fact that Thanos and Sauron have suffered similar defeats. When Thanos used the Infinity Gauntlet against the heroes of the Marvel Universe, he defeated many of the heroes until Captain America destroyed the Infinity Gauntlet and undid all the horrors Thanos had done, which included killing the other heroes, saving their lives. Sauron suffered a similar defeat when Isildur severed the ring from Sauron's fingers. But because the ring was not destroyed, Sauron survived another age. Though these defeats are similar, only one of our fighter lasted longer than the other. Then we must take in their individual skills. Thanos possesses many powers that have allowed him to fight the Avengers, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, and many more. With his mace at hand, Sauron is a frightening figure capable of smashing through entire legions of warriors. Sauron is therefore capable of lasting longer in combat than Thanos, which give him the ultimate advantage. In the end, the Dark Titan didn't know what he was getting into when he fought the dark lord at his home territory.

The winner is Sauron."

It's bad and might be wrong (to be frank I don't know shit about both characters) but it's not that atrocious to start a thread about OP

" With his mace at hand, Sauron is a frightening figure capable of smashing through entire legions of warriors. Sauron is therefore capable of lasting longer in combat than Thanos, which give him the ultimate advantage."

This is like saying Spider-man wins in a arm-wrestling match because the Hulk isn't known for his feats of strength.

I could write a 4000 word essay on all the things wrong with this fight. In fact I just might...

Here is Mephisto, a malevolent being that might as well be the Devil battling Galactus and destroying galaxies as a result.

And here is Thanos casually strangling said devil with the Infinity Gauntlet.

Sauron isn't even on Mephisto's level. Not even close. THIS is how the battle would have ended.

Quote: "When Thanos used the Infinity Gauntlet against the heroes of the Marvel Universe, he defeated many of the heroes until Captain America destroyed the Infinity Gauntlet and undid all the horrors Thanos had done, which included killing the other heroes, saving their lives."

That never happened. Is the author basing this on one of the shitty Avengers' cartoons?

In the comics, Captain America was casually swatted to death by Thanos as evidenced in this panel.

Nah, he's 100% right. Thanos is the ultimate cuckold, entirely predestined to lose every time by his own subconscious. No matter how grand or simple his scheme he will always fail because deep down he knows he doesn't deserve to succeed.

This is canon, by the way.

Kek marvel fags being this butthurt. Good job OP

"Just as he jumped towards Sauron, the dark Lord swung his mace at the Infinity Gauntlet. To the shock of Thanos, the Infinity Stones broke away from the gauntlet."

Oh you mean like the last time something like that happened?

Thanos loses even though he's got something that gives power over everything in existence, and yet loses to someone who has a special mace and a ring that can't even give him control over an area the size of Europe?

If Eru himself or Melkor himself were fighting against Thanos, then it would be fair.

You were saying?

Here's Thanos with the Gauntlet imprisoning the great powers of the universe, the beings beyond even gods.

Thanos glares at him. Sauron understands what true evil and darkness is right then and there. Sauron then goes to his corner to cry.

"In the end, the Dark Titan didn't know what he was getting into when he fought the dark lord at his home territory."

Thanos would have nuked Mordor into rubble from orbit with his fleet of planet-destroying spacecraft. Thanos would inflitrated the ranks of Mordor's armies months in advance. Thanos would have found the One Ring and destroyed in 72 hours. And that's normal Thanos.

Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet would have erased Sauron and Middle Earth itself from existence, or used the Mind and Soul gems to recast Sauron into a slave that would be licking Thanos' boots for the rest of eternity. Not only would Thanos know what he was getting into, he would know it before Sauron did. In less time than it takes to say “One ring to rule them all,” Mordor would be turned into Thanos-Land.

>18 replies
>5 posts
Jesus Christ.

I know it'll be 19 and 6 now TY.

" In the end, the Dark Titan didn't know what he was getting into when he fought the dark lord at his home territory."

Thanos has no need to fight the Dark Lord in his home territory. Thanos nukes said territory from orbit.

Was hoping for a "Sauron can't even beat the X-Men" post, and was disappointed.

That fight was like arguing that a man armed with brass knuckles would win in a fight against a man that is also armed brass knuckles and has a fully-loaded gatling gun.

Please stop posting solely because you are extremely triggered that some random wrote Sauron beating Thanos, you autistic fuckup.