MAX /OURGUY/ LANDIS ADMITS REY IS NO LONGER A MARY SUE

Sup Forums BTFO once more

>another Star Shit thread

He's wrong though. Mary Sues don't always "win". Mary Sues are often the target of much overexaggerated levels of abuse to show how unjust the world is towards them. All of that shit happening to her just shows how hard they're trying to prop her up.

>gets inconclusive answers from a mirror
so a typical day in the life of a roastie

Who are you quoting?

>Soyboy prime doesnt want to be seen as the one who kicked all the marey sue shit off
Too late, faggot.

What was the point of the mirror scene. ?

kek

Dullest franchise ripoff

You mean she's equaled in power to a guy who's been fucking training most of his life to be a master of the force? Woah, I guess she's not a mary sue then, even though she's only been training for a couple of months.

Did he forget the part where she beats luke, beats kylo ren and use the force to easily move a bunch of boulders

lmao

Why do people still give this retard so much attention?
Everything he touches turns into shit.

>max landis
>a guy

Still doesn't make her a good character.

so transparent that hes hoping to direct one

When you belong to a trilogy and your character is a Mary Sue in the first installment, she will remain a Mary Sue the rest of the trilogy.

>Mary Sues are often the target of much overexaggerated levels of abuse to show how unjust the world is towards them.
Yes, but you're failing to understand the nuances of it. The challenges they face aren't genuine, legitimate challenges of them struggling as characters but the author just flexing an automatic "THIS IS BAD" to fill in a space in the story where the protagonist is at a low. Typically it takes the form of relationship melodrama or sexual abuse. If they're fighting and losing (and not just carrying the idiot ball) then they're probably not a mary sue.

That's fucking retarded.

Fuck you.
>is she a woman
Yes
>is she powerful
Yes
>is she a good guy
Yes
Therefore she is a Mary Sue you fucking cuck

Not as retarded as Disney Wars.

Help! I just got mansplained!

>/ourguy/
This is why you're a fag OP.

>equaled in power by Kylo

Who trained under Luke and Snoke which makes Rey a Mary Sue.

>didn't get an answer from the mirror scene

Its meant to introduce her weakness which is her "fear of loneliness". (She's clearly the only orphan and the only person in the Galaxy to fear that)

>dunked like a dofus by Snoke
She was mentally stronger and indirectly won in the end.

>injured by guards
Still owned them and was strong enough to escape while Ben was still lying in there until the Genral came.

Because normies love that 2deep shit.

>almost gets a seizure

Is this an attempt to prove she has flaws? How do you "almost get a seizure" anyway? You either have one or you don't. Is he saying she had a mild seizure? By the second movie, she should have lost a limb.

If Max is selling out than i guess Reddit Letter Media will follow.

xD almost gets a seizure from the dark side. nigga luke lost his fucking hand thanks to the dark side. fucking mary sue smdh

kek

>untrained girl equals fully trained dark Jedi in Force power 3 days after discovering the Force exists
>not a Mary Sue

Also, Luke was presented in a negative light so him being a dick to her is actually a good thing, she gets to display moral superiority to him when she literally puts him on his ass and talks down to him.

Max Landis is a hack and he always will be.

She's more of a Sue in this movie than she was in TFA for crying out loud, what an absolute asshole. Get off Twitter and work on writing, maybe your next Shadowrun ripoff will be better.

Changing his tune now that Mickey owns almost half of Hollywood.

Why the heck does Nihilus have holocron? He doesn't speak.

More like a couple of days, TLJ takes place over the course of 16 hours.

His dad John "How Do I" Landis is an icon (who also made some godawful shit)

To pretend the movie was deep and meanful

No they could've fixed her this time around by giving a backstory reason to justify her power, make her legitimately struggle in training (she's obviously angry and impulsive, she attacks Luke for example, that's a good place to start and make her genuinely tempted by the Dark Side, etc) but they went out of their way to explain that no, she's just that good, so she remains an even worse Sue than before.

force power comes from training, it's all midchlorians and shit. Irrelevant! just because a fear is common doesn't mean it's a worthless. Irrelevant! She did not indirectly win, Kylo won and she did nothing to contribute. Wrong! The only valid point you have made is with the guards, and even then, it's not like an inexperienced protagonist beating more experienced red shirts is a foreign concept to American action movies. I wouldn't count that as a big issue

>Luke was presented in a negative light so him being a dick to her is actually a good thing
Good point. Yoda, the character who was actually a dick in the OT (as a tactic to help with Luke's training) is fucking enraptured with Rey just like every other good guy in the sequels.

No
She's still a Mary Sue in the first movie though

What about CoC and BfE?
The Clone Wars doesn't count, it's a cartoon.

He's going turbo feminist right now to head off the sexual misconduct allegations that are about to come out about him.

>Training is irrelevant
>A fear that everyone shares is a valid character flaw

Retard.

Has Max cut off anyone's head yet?

rogue one had better visuals than tlj.

Aren't those just ghosts?

Kill yourself.

"How do I" Landis

Did me and Max watch the same movie..?

Not only did she hang with (and eventually defeat) trained soldiers fighting as a unit, but she beat her guys first and then saves Ren. She was also shown to be superior to both Luke and Snoke (morally and as a force user being able to resist).

Oh, and the explosion also didn't affect her as much as it did Ren even though she appeared to be closer to it. Not a Mary Sue my ass...

I am inclined to agree. There definitely was some good characterization in this movie.

Wow. Your criteria for a mary-sue is absolutely embarrassing.

>She's more of a Sue in this movie than she was in TFA for crying out loud
How? Did you even watch the movie?

Mary Sue stories—the adventures of the youngest and smartest ever person to graduate from the academy and ever get a commission at such a tender age. Usually characterized by unprecedented skill in everything from art to zoology, including karate and arm-wrestling. This character can also be found burrowing her way into the good graces/heart/mind of one of the Big Three [Kirk, Spock, and McCoy], if not all three at once. She saves the day by her wit and ability, and, if we are lucky, has the good grace to die at the end, being grieved by the entire ship.[7]

Replace that with SW and see how Rey fits.

Fuck... they're gonna kill Rey off in SW9 and make Kylo turn to the good side because of it aren't they?

>they're gonna kill Rey
LOL NO
There would be feminists burning down Disney HQ's if that happened.

What was up with that photo of her and Finn kissing in the desert?

IRL wedding photo

>equal in power to Kylo

She beat him in her first fight ever with a lightsaber while being UNTRAINED, meanwhile both Luke and Anaikin got btfo and had limbs cut off in their first lightsaber fight even with years of training from Jedi masters Yoda and Obi Wan.

>Things didn't go exactly perfectly for her, she's not a Mary Sue!
>People actually listen to this stupid faggot who would be cleaning toilets if not for nepotism

Also even in the very last movie both of them failed to defeat their enemy. Luke couldn't beat Sidious without Vader saving him in the end and Anakin got all his limbs cut off and left in a ditch to die.

THE MOUSE BOUGHT HIM ASWELL

WE ARE ALL DOOMED

best post all day

Yeah her Mary Sue levels fell somewhat but still high.

>equaled in power by Kylo
Sexist!

Everyone still fawns over her except Luke who is explicitly portrayed as bitter and wrong. She still never faces any genuine adversity or exhibits a real flaw ("I'm scared cuz I'm TOO STRONG" doesn't count because it never hinders her at all). Even after she attacks Luke and beats him up, Yoda (the one discouraging Luke from violence in ESB) is all "nah Rey's great, she's the future of the Jedi."
She still is portrayed as no weaker than Kylo (yes he took out more guards but he still needs Strong Rey to save him, and she wakes up first after getting knocked out)
Her skills are still not explained (her raw power and potential are, as a "balance" to Kylo even though she is always portrayed as stronger, she doesn't have any training in her background to justify her skill with the Force). Shit she even knows how to swim despite living on a desert planet her whole life.
She swoops in to save the Rebellion, contributing more to their rescue than Luke did honestly.

No he hasn't remade any of his father's work afaik

She's down there looking for answers: who are her parents and what's her place in all this?

She just sees a reflection of herself because as Kylo points out later, she already knows the truth: she's nobody--her parents were nobody. She's just some rando who has good force magic.

I didn't really care for the movie but that's what I took away from it.

Kylo needs her to save him from one of the guards