DC universe keeps trying to make Amazo work as a recurring character

>DC universe keeps trying to make Amazo work as a recurring character
>Never bother to make this version canon
What's up with that? For that matter, why don't they try harder to pull things that worked from the cartoon into the movies/comics? Its like some branch of their entertainment division firgued out the secret to good DC adaptations years ago and WB decided to expunge it from their memories.

Harley Quinn got her own movie. What more do you want?

Two (2) Harley Quinn movies.

>wanting the Amazo that had to fuck off to the other side of the universe forever because he was too OP

>why don't they try harder to pull things that worked from the cartoon into the movies/comics?
Because writers are too full of themselves to ever admit that a cartoon had better characterizations than something they wrote.

I don't think DC cares about Amazo as a character outside of "Hmmm, we need a strong, but unintelligent threat for the Justice League that they have to use their noggins to defeat... spin the wheel!"

A lot of comic book writing is characterized by the writer's nostalgia for the past, so they typically go back to whatever was important during their time.

I don't think people who grew up watching JLU would be in writing positions just yet.

Cartoon Amazo is just a golden Doctor Manhattan clone.

>Grundy is siphoning my power, somehow, I must retreat to think of someway around this
>Fucks off and never shows up again

Some say he drifted in space eternally, until he stopped thinking

That honestly bugged me, especially since they gave no resolution to his existentialist crisis.

I like to think he found a planet of glorious golden robot babes, and never saw any reason to leave.

It's what happens when you introduce a character whose power set is "I'm God" They make like a Kars and are driven out of the show.

I'm sure he is the secret weapon against Dr. Manhattan.

He's basically a Dr. Manhattan that cqn exist without retarded watchmen crossovers.

This.

>DC universe keeps trying to make Amazo work as a recurring character
Since fucking when? He isn't a character and never has been. He's just a robot that can take down the whole League, like Shaggy Man.

>The finale was going to have a post credits joke where he wonders if it's safe to go back

I guess I'd like to see the DC cinematic universe manage to display a level of competance the DC animated universe managed to display like 10+ years ago.

Isn't Amazo basically just Stardust the Super Wizard?

If Amazo were Stardust, Luthor would currently be suffering horrifically on an ironically apt planet somewhere.

>Dat recent Aquaman arc where Arthur tries to solo the Shaggy Man

It does not go well for him.

I don't want to jump to conclusions but this at least sounds right.