Samurai Jack 5: The Womaning is the most disappointing thing since my daughter

Samurai Jack 5: The Womaning is the most disappointing thing since my daughter

Ashi is a horrible, clunky, hamfisted addition to the show and if any of you horny teenagers enjoy the character because she's cute and fuckable, I suggest you hide this thread before I describe exactly how much of a moron you are.

NUMBER ONE: SHE'S A WOMAN

There's no reason for the evil cult to raise women to kill Jack when men are objectively more physically capable. There's a reason the olympics are split into male and female competitions, folks.

It also could have had an interesting father/son dynamic if Ashi was male, Jack could have taken him as an apprentice and taught him the ways of the jedi, maybe leading to Ashi taking up the sword and becoming his successor, with the ultimate meaning that "evil can never be vanquished, but you should keep fighting anyway". I think that would have been a good lesson for the series to end on.

NUMBER TWO: SHE HAS BOOBS

If you're going to force a girl to run through a stupid obstacle course for 20 years for the sole purpose of killing somebody, you should really cut off her breasts. They serve no purpose in battle and are actually a hindrance. If you insist on keeping the breasts they should at least be taped down so they aren't flopping everywhere during all those jumps and flips.

NUMBER THREE: SHE'S A HORRIBLE FEMALE CHARACTER

7 girls who were trained by other girls for 20 girl years couldn't beat one man, and the only reason she's alive after getting beaten by said man is because the man decided to save her and haul her around like a baby in backpack. If you're someone who cares about more strong female figures in your media, you should be appalled by this. It's embarrassing.

NUMBER FOUR: HER SISTERS DIED

What makes Ashi so special? All 7 of them were indoctrinated, they deserved life as much as she did. Or alternately, she deserved death as much as they did.

NUMBER 5: AKU'S VOICE

Greg sucks as Mako.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KpvcjAhBabA
vocaroo.com/i/s1E6pVAKQhqb
vocaroo.com/i/s01ISqGiCPDB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i'm just grateful we have more samurai jack.

>Reddit Letter Media

Opinion discarded

Is there anything more cringey than people trying to ape the Plinkett style?

Pretty sure Reddit doesn't like RLM because of their misogynistic and homophobic jokes.

Cuck leddit memia needs to die.

Looks like some of the food served in some romanian fast foods. Legit.

translation: "I've never been to /r/movies"

To quote Tech N9ne ~Harvey Dent
>People come up to me and they say they like the older stuff you know what im sayin'
Like Anghellic and Calm Before The Storm
But I gotta evolve, you know what im sizzlin'?
If you don't like the new shit then go buy the older shit

His Force Awakens review was great

>I'm literally shitting on Star Wars!

Should I have?

Was that roast beef? That's a good looking dog

Yes, if they did a critique of this show, it would be something like this.

Retarded nitpicking.

is "reddit" just the go-to insult now for anything people don't like?

He actually liked TFA, provided TLJ builds on it way more.

Doesn't Sup Forums hate them now since they actually liked Rei and thought FA was decent?

Welcome to 2014

RLM was a mistake.

Let's put it this way:

501: EXCELLENT
502: GREAT
503: GOOD uh oh they're making a big deal out of Atchoo
504: UGH WHY
505: STILL WHY

The current score is 3 good episodes, 2 Ashi episodes. The season is still in good standing, and even if they completely fuck up the remaining episodes, it was worth it for 501, 502, and 503.

Episode 4 was good though.
5 is in fact shit, we can all agree on that at least.

I actually felt like 4 was the worst so far, still not terrible, just not close to as good as the first 3 and not quite as good as the fifth.

5 was good at parts but the pacing was fucking retarded

Can I ask why?
Personally I felt that it was a great breather episode that relieved tension, developed Jack and Aishi's interaction and felt like a good classic episode of the show precancilation.

Meanwhile 5 had horrible pacing trying to bring up too many new plot points at once and felt very rushed.

>tfw read it in his voice

thanks for the laughs, I still like the show though

isn't it great when people have their own opinions and can share and discuss them in a civil manner? I love not being autistic

Mike Stoklasa is autistic though.

I didn't like Ashi, or how Jack interacted with her that episode. I find Ashi annoying and unnecessary, and Jack had a weird change in attitude and tone when compared to the rest of season 5. At times it wasn't a problem at all, like when showing off that furry armor he got or the part with the needles. He acted different, I might even say "goofy", during those scenes, but it makes sense in context. He is trying to rescue someone who will attempt to kill him if she is not tied up, and he is trying to make things less awkward or uncomfortable for her and himself.

But things like the "are you kidding me?!" yell when Ashi continued attacking him just seemed out of place. I feel like those kinds of lines would fit in fine in the original series, but episodes 1-3 had been a lot less goofy or cartoonish, and I had really enjoyed that.

Episode 5 was a lot better. Ashi was actually not bad at all after all the angry groaning in the beginning. I didn't like it as much as the first three though but just mostly because there was not as much going on. Most of the episode was reiterating what we all already knew well; Aku is bad. I get that that is hugely important for Ashi, but again, I don't care much for Ashi. Plus the fight scenes were not as great. Jack's fight with the kids just consisted of him letting them swarm him, while Ashi's fight was just a sudden boost of impossible strength letting her break free and throw the guy in the metal suit.

That said, there is definitely a reason Jack's fight was so tame, he can't just start beating the shit out of children, especially not with all the guilt he seems to have acquired from the Daughters, and I understand that there must be a good reason for that fight as it lead to the horseman coming for him. And Ashi's strength wouldn't bother me at all if this had been the original series. Shit like that happened all the time, but again, season 5 had been less cartoonish, and again, I had really enjoyed that.

>Read it in Plinketts voice while playing this:
youtube.com/watch?v=KpvcjAhBabA

10/10 experience.

>WHY
Why what? Daring to have an icky girl in your show?

This isn't bait, its a chumline.

Underrated thread. Good post, OP.

m88 its fucking music, tech9 doesnt have a storyline you can ruin, its fucken musioc retard

>Samurai Jill 5: The Maning is the most disappointing thing since my son

>Ash is a horrible, clunky, hamfisted addition to the show and if any of you horny teenagers enjoy the character because he's fujoshi and fuckable, I suggest you hide this thread before I describe exactly how much of a moron you are.

>NUMBER ONE: HE'S A MAN

>There's no reason for the evil cult to raise men to kill Jill when women are objectively more capable. There's a reason the Scotswoman was ashamed of only having sons.

>It also could have had an interesting mother/daughter dynamic if Ash was female, Jill could have taken her as an apprentice and taught her the ways of the jedi, maybe leading to Ash taking up the sword and becoming her successor, with the ultimate meaning that "evil can never be vanquished, but you should keep fighting anyway". I think that would have been a good lesson for the series to end on.

>NUMBER TWO: HE HAS A BEARD

>If you're going to force a man to run through a stupid post apocalyptic society for 20 years for the sole purpose of killing somebody, you should really cut off his beard. It serves no purpose in batle and is actually a hinderance. If you insist on keeping the beard it should at least be trimmed short so it isn't flipping everywhere during all those jumps and flips.

>NUMBER THREE: HE'S A HORRIBLE MALE CHARACTER

>7 men who were trained by other men for 20 man years couldn't beat one woman, and the only reason he's alive after getting beaten by said woman is because the woman decided to save him and haul him around like a baby in backpack. If you're someone who cares about more strong male figures in your media, you should be appalled by this. It's embarrassing.

>NUMBER FOUR: HIS BROTHERS DIED

>What makes Ash so special? All 7 of them were indoctrinated, they deserved life as much as he did. Or alternately, he deserved death as much as they did.

vocaroo.com/i/s1E6pVAKQhqb

Here I am to ruin the thread.

People who try to ape Nostalgia Critic style

Or Plinkett reviewing TFA

Let me show you how it's done user.
vocaroo.com/i/s01ISqGiCPDB

also I think there's something wrong with my CAT????