Only post kino in this topic, no capeshit (super included)

Only post kino in this topic, no capeshit (super included)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wx2m0mOQ37w
youtube.com/watch?v=gLmc2jIvpvU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bvs
/thread
everyone move along

Dunkirk

Anything by tarkovsky, really
Zerkalo's first half hour is absolutely marvelous, bewitching
This is fucking cool

This image made me happy.

>tfw Tarkovsky literally died for this movie
Strange feel. Has any other director died because of making a film?

kubrick

nigger

best season

P L E B

>”I despise mirth”

youtube.com/watch?v=wx2m0mOQ37w

Where my eastern kino bros at

damn tlj is kino

Bottom right's kagemusha?

is it really good, or is it critic-good? (ie not shit just blowhards circlejerking about how smart they are to enjoy nobody would ever enjoy).

I think I will check this out if they show it at my local essay cinema

Tell me on what movie you draw the line on being downright pretentious and ill tell you if you'll enjoy it

And I defy anyone to prove otherwise

The Master is PTA's attempt at outing poseurs by making something utterly disjointed that vaguely resembles a narrative feature just enough that it confuses them into praising it out of fear for being labelled a pleb.

An intentionally terrible movie carefully emulating a masterpiece. A true work of genius. Why do you think the plot of the film involves a cult leader who feigns insight and brilliance but is secretly full of shit? It's a metaphor for the film itself.

tl;dr if you think The Master is actually good you're a "pleb"

I think it's PTA's best.

Phantom Thread will probably be better, but currently The Master is the best movie ever made, only rivaled by Tree of Life, The Shining, and Goodfellas.

OK tv give me some bretty obscure kino to watch with my cat

Grand Budapest Hotel, best movie I've seen. Pure kino. You get everything: aesthetics, emotions, story, characters, you get it all. Wes Anderson in the best cinematographer since Charlie Chaplin.

>Max 2015
Movie that cats will never understand

You literally just called it a masterpiece for specific reasons that makes it good art for those reasons.I really have no idea what the fuck your statement is supposed to mean.

It's memesara

This is by far his worst film and you are either a woman or a capeshit pleb

P I G
I
G

F U C K
U
C
K

>This is by far his worst film
no it aint ya dummy contrarian, this has been the purest wes anderson film

It's not that good of a movie, user...

Rip potato kino Kino.

I didn't even know he was capable of having fun

Solaris is better

I didn't like it at all. The only Wes movies I've liked are the one with the train and the Tenenbaums.

>pffffff hehe....
I'm so funny

This pic is so fucking funny.

Not liking what you don't like doesn't make me stupid or a contrarian. By far the laziest script and cinematography.

it's not even the best wes anderson movie

t.moonrise kingdom

Lmao what is this retarded shit

To be fair he said that in 1983. People can change a lot in two decades

Pasolini

Ok, real talk.
I saw Stalker a few weeks ago when the local indie theater had a screening. I didn't get it.
Am I a pleb? Can someone explain it to me?

Slavs are deranged, more news at 6.

The film is an examination of faith, as everyone traveling to the room has faith in its powers and that the room will serve them well. It is an examination of knowledge and personal identity, as people are changed by the zone and have no knowledge of what will happen inside the room (or even how to get to it). It’s a critique of the Soviet Union in its presentation of the government’s handling of the zone and its supernatural powers. It’s a critique of art, as we routinely see beautiful works of art discarded inside the zone, rusting beneath inches of water or decaying from the elements. Perhaps most of all though, Stalker is a return to the questions of Ivan’s Childhood, as we see characters look for a way to anchor their lives and find meaning. That meaning is the hope the zone can provide, an other-world hope that the broken human nature depicted so desperately needs. His last two films analyze sources of meaning further, increasing the stakes and offering clues as to where Tarkovsky found meaning.

Andrei Tarkovsky... the master of us all... the greatest director to ever live. I would uncover my head and kneel before his tomb.

>cartoons can be kino
I too was 16 once.

I recommend you rewatch it (when you're in the mood), it gets better with epeated vieweings.

I'm guessing these are all European releases? I'm dying to own the mirror

That is a very interesting view. Thank you based Tarkovsky poster

You really need to watch more movies before making posts like thie

>Tsarkovsky smiling
I don't like his films now.

What's the essential eastern kino?

Why is this a scene

to humiliate mock and destroy and rape childhood dreams

>animation can't be kino

That's probably true.
On first viewing I was expecting something like the book, which turned out not to be the case at all.

Good imagery with pseudo intellectual ramblings sprinkled throughout a very straightforward story. It's worth at least one watch.

>he's never watched any piece of Cinéma d'Animation
Based pleb retards
youtube.com/watch?v=gLmc2jIvpvU

So you see your white male hero doing infantile stuff and your brain makes certain connections that turn you into a white crossdressing soyboy longing for that dark skinned overlord.
Anf if not, it's for some other propaganda.

Beautiful imagery, cinematography, world building and ambience. Some pseudo philosophical dialogue sprinkled throughout, a lot of general things that most people know and agree with

It's a bunch of bullshit. People literally have to make up meanings to rationialize it.

Kurosawa
Ozu
Oshima
Sono

How does this all relate to the final scene? Is it a reference to the passage in the bible that with enough faith you can move mountains or some such? A representation of hope in the next generation?

Anti-reddit core.

user was probably referring to gook cartoons

What? Politics in film? This isn't Sup Forums!

Fight me bitches!

Le Roi et l'Oiseau inspired a whole generation of Japanese animators. (Miyazaki, most notably) Its influence on their industry is still felt to this day.

This.

>not owning the sculpting in time box set

I loved this series. It just looks beautiful.

Only nip cartoon that can be kino is Angel's Egg.

(not that obscure)

Sling Blade is so fucking underrated

Movies are even more dangerous than politics.

i got high and watched sling blade for the first time. made it to the dinner scene. couldnt no more it was just way too depressing.

What’s Sup Forums‘s consensus on Mad Men? I started watching it and already have it as one of my favorite shows.

One of my fav noirs desu.

If you haven't seen The Searchers, you should watch that. It isn't obscure but I don't see it mentioned here much and I feel like everyone should see it. John Wayne's finest, probably the best Western film ever shot.

Don't recall Sup Forums talking about this one when it got out.

Was considering recommending that as well. Good pick.

Watch it. Start a trial month on Netflix if you aren't subscribed.

>mhhmmm not haha funny queer funny mmmhmm

I hate Malick

One of my favourite Tarkovsky movies. Also find me a better ending shot than this one because this is probably the most beautiful film ever made

What was the point of this movie?