As told by ginger

this show wasn't easy to follow as a kid, or maybe i just wasn't paying attention

did courtney actually like ginger? or did she just find ginger "quaint" and amusing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QGlF39Cgc4U
youtube.com/watch?v=3hmlPtRu1SQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was a mix of both, Courtney genuinely liked her (iirc there were rumors they planned an episode where the issue would be just HOW Courtney liked Ginger) but she couldn't help but find how the middle-class lived to be "cute".

Was he gay?

She was a better friend than those other two, that's for sure.

from the pilot

i can't believe this show could somehow look worse

both of those rich kids were gay for the Foutley's.

Why do the characters have mouth chins?

THICC

jesus christ

I think the intention at the beginning was the later but it slowly developed into the former... unfortunately the writers shat on her at the end as if it was always the later.

how about you be quiet

I remember watching this show as a kid, is it worth going back to?

>actually informed Ginger that her "real friends" were out to break her and Darren up
Yes, she liked her, probably more than Ginger's "real friends".

>tfw dyslexic
>tfw every time this show comes up on Sup Forums i read it "as told by nigger"

would be a better show frankly.

>lives in the hood, hanging with his 2 best homies
>younger siblings are still making plans together wearing hoodies
>writes slam poetry as a hobby
>single mother works as a nurse
>Courtney replaced as the only white kid in school
>other niggas always be scheming, put a nigga down
>white kid isn't the closest friend but is the only person who treats with dignity
>gives more than a few heads up to save a nigga when homies try to turn

Courtney was HARD GAY for Ginger

At least she wasn't a bitch like other rich girls, example Muffy

Wasn't she in actually implied to be in Love with Ginger but at the time Nick's Censorship wouldn't allow them to explore that?

>there could be a ATBG reboot that actually shows this now that gay shit in cartoons is becoming more accepted
>it won't happen

Considering the show's style it's not a huge loss but this would be a case where I wouldn't mind canon gay.

Lois is the best character in the show.

Courtney was gay as hell. Courtney wanted to wear Ginger like a skin mask.

The only thing I remember about this show is how cunty Ginger and the rich girl's "real" friends were.

Was the message of this show "if a girl calls somebody their friend, it means she hates them?" Was it just the whole "Mean Girl" fad of the time?

all i remember was the blond being a bitch about everything, the nerd being pretty cute, and ginger being boring. Black chick hated Ginger, but the rich girl was cool with everyone. that and the wish fulfillment nerd getting ginger at the end or something.

It wasn't even all that popular when it still was airing. So I doubt we'll ever see a Reboot of it.

But yeah, I thought Courtney was a pretty unique character for her time. She was a Rich, Popular, Blonde Girl but she actually WASN'T a total Bitch. And she was extremely friendly (and Gay) towards the main character.

She was the type of character that was an extremely rare entity in the 90's.

The only other example of this during that time (that I can think of) was that Cheerleader in Daria.

Well wanted to get arm deep in Gingers Ginger for sure.

I watched a few episodes of this a long time ago, the nerdy black kid got hot and did he stay with the rich black bitch?

>The only other example of this during that time (that I can think of) was that Cheerleader in Daria.
generic blond girl thats a total retard and is into sports.

popular folks arent meant to be jackasses, just stupid, thats the whole character and wasnt the first.

courtney was fucking amazing.

woah man you missed the highlights of the show.

they end their relationship in the same episode i think.

he and ginger are a couple until the end of the series, shit gets way too fucking real and ginger's friends turn against her and team up with horny black bitch.

it was amazing.

It started as just a curiosity/fascination with how middle/lower class people lived, then after being "friends" with Ginger for a while, she genuinely became friends with Ginger, often being a better friend to her than the girl's actual supposed "best friends."

Word of God says it would have developed even further to a romantic attraction, but Nick execs refused to let it happen.

Macie wasn't so bad but Jesus Christ was Dodie a legitimately horrible human being.

This show just calms my nerves, I find it so comfy.

It's like taking a xanax.

A reboot with a nicer art style and Courtney having an explicit crush on Ginger could be cool.

Sorta sounds like Everybody Hates Chris, or Fresh Prince, before he moved to Bel-Air.

Macie just had shitty parents, but nothing that couldn't be fixed with a little self-awareness and effort.

>ywn be a little seal girl living in the real world

courtney had a severe emotional break down and instead of going to miranda, she went to ginger.
c'mon son, it's obvious at that point.

blake was obviously neglected and just needed a friend, or at least a friendly enemy.

If it's any consolation, the final episode where there's a jump forward in time shows that Dodie ends up as unhappy and nagging as her mother.

at first she found her quaint but eventually started liking her for real because hanging with her was less stressful and she was allowed to make mistakes around ginger

its been years. What did she do wrong in the end?
10/10 show. up there with rocket power

its one of those cases were I would welcome the gayfication

>its been years. What did she do wrong in the end?
she did nothing but she ended up sad, poor and didn't show up in the last episode.

nah. it more like "at the end of the day, friends are weak people too" it shat on the illusion of utra friendship. also hidden meaning of mean girls is that georgina was a product of her environment and MC was as bitch in her quest (even before she joined the plastics)

Honestly the art is why I support the canon gay, I know no one is falling for the waifu/fapbait homolust

they break up again after he cheats on her and then she gets appendicitis
they do end together in the future though

>Dodie ends up as unhappy and nagging as her mother
that's the perfect finale for her since it was her worst nightmare ending up like her mother

For sure.

so did the unflattering artstyle "humanize" the characters and make them more believable or was it just ugly?

the flat stock art used in promo materials is unforgivably bad, but when it's shaded in and given light and depth, i find it a lot more palatable

also the theme song is comfy as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=QGlF39Cgc4U

I think it had its own charm. pilot art is crap but end result is good

was ginger wet for camp counselor
nerd got hot but before she could say anything he hooked up with a new girl, they do end up together.

I used to stay up till 3 am to tape this show

>that and the wish fulfillment nerd getting ginger at the end or something.
He was the opposite sex BFF, so he pretty much won by default.

This show was were I learned I needed knee guards to scrub the floor

>>Everybody hates the fresh Chris of bel air

That seems harsh user

The dopey kinda ugly putty look everyone has kinda helped make it seem more real to me. These aren't the sexy glamorous degrassi cast, they're a bunch of awkward kids who grow up to be awkward adults.

>tfw courtney was one of the few characters that deserved a happy ending

>tfw in her last relevant scene she is miserable and crying on a bathroom floor

>tfw she doesn't show up in the years later finale so we don't know what happened to her

SOMEONE

my mistake, she does show up in the last episode, so we can see that she gets a sad ending

Courtney wanted the G, no doubt

The pilot was a special brand of hellish. Even for Klasky Csup

It's ugly but in a way that after watching for a bit I grew to enjoy

Dodie is one of the most intricately loathsome characters in cartoons

I like to think that losing the wealth allowed her to break out of the strata of vapidness and enforced self centeredness that was holding her back in life. W-we'll always have our fanfictions

This is the single most infuriating point in the show. Fuck that nigga. Should have kept the lead in his head because once he got out he turned into a fucking cunt

I don't recall this...There's the final scene with the reading that shows her married to Chet(?) and having a kid, and that's all

I mean, I would praise Jesus if there was something I missed and she ends up in post-highschool hell, but I have my doubts

>I don't recall this...There's the final scene with the reading that shows her married to Chet(?) and having a kid, and that's all

she looks happy but from her hair to the guy she married and her daughter we can assume the cycle is going to repeat again with her and her daughter, in a previous episode doodie states that she never wants to end up like her mother so this ending is fitting for her.

Ginger was a real nigga

Slings verse so curse niggas wondering if she bout to jump a bridge

What I think the show does perhaps most uniquely well is how the characters FEEL as if they've changed by the end. Not just physically, but it really seems like Ginger has transcended from the somewhat wry innocence of childhood and becomes significantly more cynical by High school

Gay ending: Probably battled with depression and self harm until she settled with some guy who was nice to her
Straight ending: Struggled with being poor, but some guy helped her out and is a happy middle class wife
Happy ending: Got a minimum wage job and became a "normal" person and was friends with everyone.

that gay ending doesn't sound gay

this is early 2000's, gays either get murdered or live a pretty shitty life

wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Yeah well THIS is the 2010's and I say Darren fucks another bitch, Ginger dumps him, and Courtney wins the bowl and lives happily raising her wife's son

>early 2000s
>gays have shitty lives
to 70s or maybe even the 80s sure, but outside the middle east or Africa, not that late. Not much more shitty than anyone else anyway.

is there any good fan fiction to be had?

all seem like good options. except make it a girl in the first option

Rather sparse and far too much of what exists is fujoshit with Carl and Blake

>Ginger still ends up with and has nigger babies with the faggot who cheated on her with a cheerleader

Is there a greater cancer in any given fandom than that fandom's fujoshis?

They've pretty much ruined the Voltron fandom, even here on Sup Forums.

The modern Cal Arts group of animators (JG Quintel, Rebecca Sugar, Pendleton Ward)

or

Klaspy Csupo in their heyday?

Who made the better shows?

They operated on rather different principles and for different audiences in different eras

Personally I think both have produced high quality shows

>That episode where they acknowledged the death of a voice actor by having the character they played die in the show

>would you like boring, fag enabling, shit shows
>or Kino
are you fucking joking!?

Christ, of all the inexplicaple childhood boners this is the most why.

Yeah I hated Ginger as a kid because it was so fucking ugly. I couldn't get past the style.

Tell me you didn't

how old were you?

I do not remember this character, but how accurate am I in guessing he is voiced y tress macniel

I don't need to explain myself to anyone but God. And I still probably won't be able to tell Him why I wanted to fuck Macie in her seal costume while she whispered in that weird phlgemy voice and maybe cried a little bit.

>yfw he still calls Dodie and their daughter "dude"

Remember that episode where Ginger tried to setup Dodie with this hot guy with a sexy accent in her drama club but ends up being attracted to him instead (and him being attracted to her as well), and their untethered passions flare up and they kiss in a rehearsal while Dodie watched?

One of my earliest exposures to NTR.

As far as I'm concerned, you're asking if I prefer Over the Garden Wall or Duckman.

The answer is Duckman.

Of all the shows you choose duckman?

I used to get a boner to Lube from Catdog, and I was never gay. Consider yourself lucky.

He was pretty pure.

Kath Soucie

>Fresh Prince, before he moved to Bel-Air.
I'd be careful bringing that idea up, all the 90's nostalgia means they might actually make it [spoilers]With Jaden playing the main character[/spoilers]

Klasky Kupo.
Probably just nostalgia, but I'll take their weird kind of ugly looking art over the bland seeming, super flat soft edges and pastels of today.

this but unironically

How did this EVER get approved?

Nah. He just wanted some friends who were more interesting that himself. Courtney's attention to Ginger (and insinuations from Gods) always made me think she would try some carpet diving, confusing the fuck out Ginger and leading to latter drama in the show, but that never fucking happened and left disappointed because of it.

Also, fuck the black dude, he didn't deserve her!

>A reboot with a nicer art style

No, it's this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=3hmlPtRu1SQ

How did Ginger go from wearing socks, pantyhose or tights to only wearing shoes on her feet in one panel?
She deserves a quick-change award!

>Niles posting

B Nard is best boy

Courtney doesn't deserve a sad ending.
Miranda however ...

C H I N N
H
I
N
N

Do the creators have Twitter? Someone should ask them what was up with that.