Answer me this BritBongs

Why is there a group of comedians that are all upper class and condescending that are rotated around all your talkshows? This is driving me insane while I'm staying here. Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JIHN1UkcSGo
youtube.com/watch?v=oQB2mL4UBvs
youtube.com/watch?v=aHun58mz3vI
youtube.com/watch?v=sOCyADJaK_E
youtube.com/watch?v=-cTS8bNDImU
youtube.com/watch?v=yuXGpUR7fXA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's like a teacher correcting you

It drives me crazy as well (native Bong).

There was a great article not so long ago. A comedian was complaining that people outside of London kept booing him over his Brexit routine. They’re out of touch.

To make it in comedy here you have to make it in London and to make it in London you have to be a cuck.

Propaganda boi

lower class brits are cucks and like to watch posh faggots to tell them what's funny or not

British people don't even know how to use a toilet. They just piss in their own mouth.

Know your place, serf.

Probably the same reason that American talk shows are dominated by basically the exact same sort of people.

This desu

Same reason everyone in Hollywood and all prominent voices on social media are libtard faggots: illusion of consensus.

Because the UK entertainment industry is mostly populated by talentless cunts who went to private school and all the benefits it brings from nepotism

it's the old boys club mentality many comedians and actors went to Cambridge and were part of the Footlights which is the student dramatic society. A previous members list is like a whos who of British tv and film and most of them got their start by leveraging those connections to get their foot in the door

at least some of them aren't even jewish

I fucking hate this shit country. You have to augment your working class accent just to get anyway in life

>go to public school/oxbridge
>become comedian/anything else
>someone you went to school/university with gives you a leg up
>do the same when it's your turn

do the plebs really think that we learn more at private schools? it's all about the contacts and mentality. I went to gordonstoun and got mediocre exam results yet still went up to cambridge, work in the city (despite being shit at maths) and have two billionaires in my contacts list.

It's embarrassing when you see comments on youtube videos of these comedians about how genius they are and how American humor is just 'LOL randdum!' kind of stuff. It's actually more the other way around. Most of these British comedians just do wacky characters and absurdist stuff because hardly any of them have any actual interesting life experiences. They went straight from University to a comedy writing job. Comedy clubs in America have a much wider variety of acts. UK comedy clubs are more like a University arts club.

This prick and Jack Whitehall are perfect examples

Because UK media revolves around London. In fact pretty much everything in the UK revolves around London.

>Cambridge and were part of the Footlights
this guy from inbetweeners was the fucking president at one point

Don't watch it then, why is all your programming just reality trash and egghand?

>I went to gordonstoun and got mediocre exam results yet still went up to cambridge
>mediocre exam results
how is that possible with ucas? what grades did you get for what degree

then again i dont understand why it's only oxbridge that do this surely other universities would've done this with their own cohorts giving each other favours over time evening things out

Mummy probably sucked off the Vice-Chancellor

Fuck I liked Mitchell, is he just another fucking preachy celebrity now?

He always has been, he writes for the fucking Guardian. Doesn't make Peep Show any less great though.

So was Richard Ayoade

>tfw no more Opie and Anthony to filter out shit comedians

David Mitchell went to school in my towns public school (and for you amerimutts, this means you have to pay for it, state school = free school). The guy is a lad.

good lord those chompers

>why is Brit media dominated by upper-class twats

It's always been that way.

>who is Peter Kay
>who is Lee Mack
>who is John Bishop
>who is Kevin Bridges
>who is Ross Noble
>who is Russell Brand
>who is Rhod Gilbert

Those are active comedians today who are not 'posh' and have a 'working class accent'. You could throw the Paddies into that as well if you want, but Dara O'Brain is smart.

Then fuck off somewhere else. Seriously. I'm sick of you cunts. Go to America and pay your $200,000 for a hospital appointment. Stay the fuck out of my country if you're gonna shit on it constantly.

I wish I could suck his wife's tits.

Literally every one of those cunts isn't funny, like genuinely you managed to list every single British comedian I don't like. I sincerely hope you're an ill-informed burger or you're just a cunt with a fetish for shitty stuck up cunts who think being loud = comedy.

did you know Mitchell is the quintessential soyboy cuck. He pined after Coren for years whilst she rode the cock carousel and only when she hit the wall hard and couldn't get anyone else to marry her did she finally settle for him.

[citation needed]

Have you got a link to the article he wrote about that? I remember reading it ages ago but can't find it anymore.

I don't care if you don't find them funny you daft fucking cunt. You said

>you have to augment your working class accent just to get anyway in life

Firstly you mean 'anywhere' and secondly, they have gotten somewhere with their working class accent. Fuck off you brainlet fuck. Don't try and discuss stuff with the bigboys then backtrack on your post, switch the goal-posts and then try and act superior. Don't bother replying, I've filtered you.

no article link unfortunately, must have read it nearly a decade ago now. I only remember it because I found it so abjectly pathetic.

>Sophie exists in real life

Theres a strong system in place
>go to eton
>go to oxford
>daddy gives you a job at the BBC

diversification of BBC is what exaclty is need, but you guys dont want that. Nobody really watches these panel shows anyway.

Because in england the government pays for tv and these comedians have contracts

>Russel Brand

Lmao

20 years ago, perhaps. They would be like utters now - thats why she is with him

He has a cockney accent. I'm not saying they're good I'm outright telling him his claim that 'you 'ave to be posh innit to get da jerb' is fucking false.

is there anything more stagnant than the panel show circuit? like even soap operas are spicing things up a bit but panels shows are dire as hell

what's not funny about a posh cunt laughing at poor, malnurished plebs

i think the british are the only people that really truly understand comedy desu

david mitchell is hilarious

Eh, I still like the guy paired off against Lee Mack on WILTY. If that show was just those two attacking each other it'd be infinitely better

Russell Brand is from Essex, he's not posh. He's got break with MTV and was a heroin addict

>See popular British comedians on TV
>they tell the talkshow host something funny that happened to them
>literally jokes that are decades old framed as their own experiences

umm

>josh widdicombe has a career
>that weird guy with the big teeth has a career
>indian guy romash has a career
>and yet stewart lee's comedy vehicle was cancelled
what the fuck?

No it wasn't, even as recently as 50 years ago the announcers were all the well spoken toffs and the comedians were just whoever was funny.

russell brand is a privately educated posh cunt. if you can't tell by the voice then you're doing it wrong.

you think posh people dont take drugs?

Very diverse

remember when comedians could be openly racist

youtube.com/watch?v=JIHN1UkcSGo

>It's a taxi driver in Liverpool

He'll be back with a new stand up dvd soon

did you know this "working class" pint drinker is actually legit royalty/earl of some place

UGHHH THE DAILY MAYULLL

is it a dolphin in a baaafftub

>Him
>webb
>badiel
>jimmy car
>ayode
>charlie brooker
all are insufferable

>diversification of BBC is what exaclty is need, but you guys dont want that. Nobody really watches these panel shows anyway.
even when they diversify the ethnic minorities are still privately educated.

remember that bbc salary release to see "gender inequality" a few months ago? The high paid indian female presenters were actually all privately educated with rich parents

it's a bit sad seeing brooker become part of the establishment. early screenwipe was a lot of fun and quite informative about the behind the scenes stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=oQB2mL4UBvs

mitchell and brooker are satirical, the others are just wankers

you're a wanker who doesn't get satire

ignore that wanker, brooker is hilarious

youtube.com/watch?v=aHun58mz3vI

his hairline un-receded itself now...very interesting

Mitchell kind of lampoons that tbf

nah he just got a stylist.

Why the fuck are brits always so weird looking

Are they all inbred?

Footlights

see

>he attended the Polytechnic of Central London (which became the University of Westminster during his time there), studying for a BA in Media Studies.
>He claims that he did not graduate because his dissertation was written on video games, which was not an acceptable topic.

what a fucking memester

It's like that in a whole range of different jobs - law, finance, the media, politics etc. People from the right schools/universities leverage their contacts to get internships. It's called 'networking'

brooker stopped doing screenwipe because, if i remember correctly, he didn't feel comfortable ripping into people's tv shows because he was beginning to see those people at events and stuff he was attending. might've been just before he came out with black mirror.

he became a bit of a prick with black mirror IMO. an article he wrote about it at the time came off very pompous - the impression i got was that he was waxing lyrical that it was the twilight zone for the modern age and it will be a cultural phenomenon blah blah blah.

Stewart Lee isn't as funny as Stewart Lee thinks he is.

ITT we reinforce the validity of a class system, online, where we don't have to

the upper middle class southerners can do good comedy but they'll never be as good as the northerners

They're all managed by the same people who produce the shows, it's basically a monopoly.

youtube.com/watch?v=sOCyADJaK_E
he's aware that he divides opinion. here's your (you) anyway

>that it was the twilight zone for the modern age and it will be a cultural phenomenon
it is, though

there's nothing else like it on television

next level burn

I swear there are some comedians/actors/tv presenters who are just on lifelong tenure or something. I have no idea who is watching Greg Davies, Sue Perkins, Amanda Hart, or Germaine Greer (I think that's her name? you know the one) but they're forever doing rounds on the panel shows or getting their own new programs. What gives? Who is watching them??!?

you dont like kevin bridges?
hes great

black mirror is shit. there's one good episode out of the whole bunch.

i ask that question myself, and then i go into the town center or into a supermarket during the day and am reminded of just how fucking dumb the majority of the public is. at times it feels like you're walking through a care home.

Sue Perkins was on that baking show and Miranda Hart (as well as all other female comedians) only get on TV because panel shows have to have at least one female panelist now.

They went to school with the producers and the executives. Feudalism didn't really end here - it just became a bureaucracy.
It's our actors too. Benedict Cumberbatch and Edward Redmayne are not typical names for your average fish and chip loving bong.

>"Fucking posh cunts and their boring, snotty little cliques. Fuck em"
>Waaaahhhh!! Why won't they let us join their clubs?"

Working class people really do act like American niggers sometimes. Why do you need validation from them if you hate them so much? Create your own lane so that you don't even need their validation.

The GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=-cTS8bNDImU

It's a nightmare mate, I honestly don't know how they manage to breathe. Makes one wonder why we exist at all.

Webb is a million times worse and will probably come out as trans before long. Not even joking. I vaguely knew these cunts back in the day.

To be honest, David Mitchell is the one I'd keep and get rid of the rest. But if you wanna know, it's because that group of guys, including Mitchell, literally came up together at Peterhouse the same Comedy Club (as in a college club, not a locale), the Footlights.

Mitchell's legit a great fucking writer and used his poshness to play the whole "high status" characters in sketches with Robert Webb who played low status. Also his wife is hot and Europe's best poker player and I could watch im bake pastries and then take them home in tinfoil all day.

And it runs deeper than that

Cambridge, Footlights and secret handshakes.
A lot of modern "comedy" and panel shows are dictated by what people who went to Cambridge find funny

i disagree

>his wife is hot
she's like a burnt fruitcake

burnt fruitcakes are literally hot

standards have seriously dropped if the likes of peter cook were once president and now it's people like richard ayoade.

You know the two of them are probably hella freaky, though.

>he became a bit of a prick with black mirror IMO. an article he wrote about it at the time came off very pompous
i noticed this too i think his age and cynicism is showing

Why didn't you underline Hugh Laurie, Clive Anderson and Eric Idle, user?

>Greg Davies
he's quality though
youtube.com/watch?v=yuXGpUR7fXA