1 year into DC Rebirth no cancellations yet

Anybody else really impressed by that? What a fantastic job DC has done bringing the fanbase back and creating good stories.

Thumbs up.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/jeffparker/status/821746649177296896
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wait awhile soon.

There have been a few series that are on cancellation levels, but DC is keeping them going for a good look. That said, that number of titles is small.

they aren't cancelling anything because comics are all they have left

as soon as they start cancelling Marvel wins everything

So I guess you aren't impressed.

OP posed one question. This immediately takes it off topic searching for a "and So-And-So Company cancelled X-Y-Z"

Yeah, there are some comics getting to that stage with DC. Like Cyclops and New-Superman (which I hear is fantastic I'm going to start pulling it to support it).

But still, they are doing really well. Although I hear some issues with Batman didn't sell as well as New-52 Batman (Snyder's run), but basically on par with Morrisons run.

I meant Cyborg not cyclops my bad.

I really don't understand why they gave him a ongoing series.

I'll assume you meant Cyborg.
What's the riskiest title in the Rebirth lineup?
Cyborg?
Mostly it's a bunch of Superman and Batman comics and their spin-offs. Aquaman, WW and Green Lantern have eternal tenure, they were never going anywhere.
Cyborg will stick around til the JL movie, at least.

No it doesn't. Axed books are going to happen regardless.

>What's the riskiest title in the Rebirth lineup?
New-Superman, basically got thrown to the wolves, It was only through word of mouth I heard about this series and he had almost no hype

Cyborg, nobody cares about this character.

Blue Beetle, he works better in a team book and doesn't really have much fans.

I also think that putting Baz and Cruz together, two characters that don't have a big fan base in the main Green Lantern book is risky. But that has really paid off well.

I agree with too many Batman and Superman spin-offs. These are characters that need more development before being shoved into their solo series.

>What's the riskiest title in the Rebirth lineup?
New Super-Man
Superwoman

Gotham Academy son

Flintstones and future quest are cancelled. However, it is true that DC is quite considerate with its low selling titles, if they have potential.

What? They advertised Yang's coming to DC Comics constantly. New-Superman got more advertising and publicity than any other non-movie related comic.

>There have been a few series that are on cancellation levels, but DC is keeping them going for a good look.
Honestly, they can totally afford to. Especially considering that "cancellation levels" isn't even the same as "unprofitable", just "not as much profit as we'd like to be making".

Has nothing to do with being impressed by a year of no-cancellations or not.

Really? Well, I don't remember any advertisements for him. Might be I'm just misremembering, I still think he was just kind of thrown out there without any real help. Usually they introduce characters in big main books and give them a bunch of development before throwing them out into their own series.

I don't remember him getting some air time in any of the big books. At least for what I can remember.

Not a Rebirth title as far as I'm aware.

[ intern shilling intensifies ]

Are those technically "Rebirth" books? The Hanna Barbera relaunch started before Rebrith.

Oh but it does

From solicits New Superman at least is making it past 12 issues. Not sure about Superwoman or Cyborg.

You're right, Kenan was introduced in his own book and so far has only crossed over into another title once.

But it did get publicity on sites like CBR/Newsarama when he launched. That's what passes for comics advertisement nowadays.

It was, then it wasn't when it actually came out.

>Guys please say something nice about my shitty company

Same month, actually.

Future quest isn't cancelled, it's a12 issue limited series

I just know my first issue of Future Quest has the New 52 DC logo on it.

Retroactively

STEALTH MINI

Because they're choosing to put the low selling bimonthly ones to monthly and launch a #1 in order to get more money back that way

Also they're about to have an event by Snyder, they can probably afford to keep a couple low selling titles for a bit longer

Oh yeah, FQ started earlier

when is Dial H for Hero Rebirth?

That's what they usually say when a book doesn't make it past 12 issues. I imagine they had bigger plans with it before the sales necessitated that it be 12 issues.

Cyborg #14 was solicited for July, and #12 for Superwoman. Superwoman wasn't solicited as a final issue though.

Sales and delays.

I also think the HB imprint as a whole did a lot worse than expected. We're not getting Jetsons ongoing, right?

elaborate.

Untrue. It was always 12.

I think the those were just delayed. The back-ups in the crossover books teased Top Cap, Jetsons and I forget what the other was.

Been a fun ride so far.

top cat*
fuck

And I love me some top cat.

Top Cap is clearly Spencer.

Ennis

>forgetting Snagglepuss
It's going to be the best one, provided it actually gets released.

>impressed
Not really, especially since some of them are messes like Superwoman tat should have been canceled already. I guess the impressive thing is just how mediocre a lineup Rebirth continues to be.

>It was always 12.
No it wasn't, you fucking retard.

New-Superman was doing ok last I checked?

Dc cancels books in their second year. Also reducing aquaman and deathstroke into one issue a month.

>Untrue. It was always 12.
yeah and unfollow and clean room were always gonna be 18 issues lol

Flicks are forgotten in one month. Good stories live on forever.

Yeah, that's nice and good, BUT we fucking need some exciting new titles
Everything these days is Batman, Superman or JL related, even more so than in the past
Even the newest launches (Batwoman, Super Sons, JLA) are Batman-related
Where is the JSA? Where is the Legion? Where is Shazam? Where is Firestorm, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Booster Gold, the Atom, Swamp Thing, the Question or any number of interesting new ongoings?
I get that they want to slowly roll out new titles, but Rebirth is getting a bit dull for me

HOLY FUCK I DID FUCK ME HOW DID I FORGET SNAGLEPOON DA GAWD

yes it was.

That's why it's leading into Dark Forge with Hawkman.

>thread talks about DC Rebirth line
>devolves into screeching about HB and Vertigo books ending

You're a fucking retard. Never once was it mentioned as a 12 issue limited series until it was announced as ending.

Hawkman is DEAD.

For like 3/4 months, but still.

yeah, I'm pissed that they put him in a shitty mini just to kill him... but if Metal leads into some nice Hawkman story, I'll forgive them

Believe me or not, I am marvelfag.
I bow down to DC.
Please, DC gods, share some of your magick to Marvel

It ain't shame to ask for help

oy gevalt. They reduced it, instead of cancelling. The Horror
Maybe, if you faggots were buying it, they wouldn't reduce it

>How dare they decide on a firm length to a series without declaring it to the masses ahead of time!

you sound like a faggot who doesn't actually read comics.

Why are you laughing, fair little blonde girl? It's true

Nobody has to faggot.

Its reduced because c list character with no big writer.

it's bullshit, I didn't not hit her. I did NOT

Is Dan Abnett the guy you put on books you don't give a fuck about? Has the guy written anything exceptional before? Even those Horus Heresy books don't hold up.

Because they want to keep pushing him as a new JL member despite him not deserving to be one.

Guardians of the Galaxy

yeah though im pretty sure around the one year mark certain series are definitely gonna end, while new series begin and take their place.

Prove to me I'm retarded with a source faggot.

I literally have been buying two copies of EVERY FUCKING ISSUE knowing damn well it was 12.

I don't know who or where you heard it from that it was anything else.

>Priestroke
>c list
>No big writer

how so

I really don't feel like going to find the posters but Aquaman was pushed back because the artist on the book is going to be a fucking painter.

they honestly should cancel some of the shit comics

Because it is.

Not that guy but the burden of proof is on you. Where was it specified it was going to be 12 issues? There was a tweet from the writer but that came around the time the penultimate solicit was published

When is Wave 3 expected anyways? Wave 2 wasn't really much.

then they'd have no comics

Deathstroke is fucking everywhere now. DCTV, DCEU, 3 animated movies or more in the span of 3 years, Young Justice, the list goes on. And Priest may not be popular today but he's a relatively big name from back in the day.

Back in the day=nothing. And was never really big.

Deathstroke regardless of his push is c list sales wise.

B list in comics even if he beats big names sometimes.

Wake me up when his gooatee, and past are restored.

>Wake me up when his gooatee, and past are restored.
have you been reading priest's run because it sounds like you haven't

You fix our movies we'll fix your comics, deal?

can't tell if trolling or just retarded child....hrmm

>Hey! Future Quest is not 'biting the dust' after issue 12, that's when our big event story ends. There's news coming, patience please.
twitter.com/jeffparker/status/821746649177296896

The next arc has been confirmed to be ending in #18 by John Semper multiple times.

That's in November. I bet we'll make it to 25 for an oversized issue at least.

thanks for writing the tweet
that fucker blocked me on twitter after I followed him, because I have a pepe as a profile pic

Vigilante: Southland was cancelled after 3 of 6 issues. The final 3 are supposed to be in the trade which is coming out in 2 weeks......or according to Amazon November. I'm not sure what the real release date is.

Wacky Raceland was also clearly meant to go for more than 6 issues. That ending was rushed as hell.

didn't they already announce a followup anthology?

You sound retarded, so good on him

Southland had a bunch of problems, but it wasn't a Rebirth title. It was announced as a miniseries, but I would not be surprised if the collected edition never comes out. The first few issues had to be returned because they contained harsh language, and the title to be re-rated for mature audiences. I imagine that DC is crunching the numbers to see if it is even worth releasing. Plus, the issues that did come out had awful sales

1. They're cancelling all the titles nobody cares about instead. Gotham Academy, Earth 2, Hanna Barbera, Vertigo, etc.

2. Turning them monthly relieves them of what is basically an extra book a month and leaves them open for a new #1. Better to have 1 monthly book that sells 18000 units a month with a chance of having a new monthly that sells a little above that rather than have 1 bimonthly book that sells 18000 that will probably lose sales beyond that.

3. They know they have an event coming up which will bring in more sales that may offset the poorer selling monthly books. Also it's written by Snyder so it's gonna print money.

DC is more willing to keep books going if they aren't selling just look at All-Star Western that book lasted for a long time before getting the axe

And Katehunter.

Who are those mongrels that don't like Slade?

>1. They're cancelling all the titles nobody cares about instead. Gotham Academy, Earth 2, Hanna Barbera, Vertigo, etc.

Not Rebirth. Talk to me when New Super-Man or Superwoman gets canceled or Blue Beetle since they're the ones most likely to be on the choppping block

I'm explaining why they haven't cancelled rebirth books dumbass

>Blue Beetle, he works better in a team book and doesn't really have much fans.
You'd be surprised how untrue that is.

New Super-Man made it to 13 so it'll live to fight for another 5 issues at least.

I actually really liked it, the writer has a good grasp on dialogue but the plot was kinda corny

Yang is super popular in bookstores, I doubt this run will get cancelled soon, it hasn't even been collected at all yet

not that guy but it's more like jaime has quite a few fans but they're mostly loud and don't care about comics

also the book is shit so even if they did buy comics i wouldn't blame them for not buying that one specifically

Jaime is shit on teams, but it's true that he pretty much has your average B/C lister amount of fans. His are just obnoxiously loud.

Not like Jasonfag or Cassfag loud, but loud.

The best his book sold was pretty mediocre but sold bad outside that one time.

not that user but as disilussioned marvel fan I think it's a fair trade

I'd love another decent booster gold on-going

Well, I expect The Button to lead into JSA or something
Maybe the others will come during/after Metal

When Metal is starting to be over probably
Monthly Rebirth books will done with their third arc by then, which is a respectable amount of time nowadays, so people probably wouldn't be too mad at some of the lower selling ones being cancelled, like Cyborg, Blue Beetle, and Superwoman