Luke literally doesn't really ever train Rey ONCE in the movie

>Luke literally doesn't really ever train Rey ONCE in the movie
>somehow at the end she is still a certified Jedi (the last Jedi as a matter of fact), ready to carry on the Jedi Order and save the day

How the fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HMUKGTkiWik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>another Star Shit thread

Get used to it buddy it's gonna be this way all weekend

Those CGI bolders at the end whew

To be fair Yoda barely trained Luke

She is the Mary Sue to end all Mary Sues

Because the FORCE IS FEMALE you BIGOT.

THE FORCE IS FEMALE SHITLORD

He literally trains her the entire movie

but she swung her lightsaber at a big rock and stopped before hitting it

>hey rey feel the force lol
>hey rey the jedi should end
>okay bye now

>To be fair Yoda barely trained Luke
Yoda gave Luke witty one liners.

Luke never did that to Rey. She literally had no inspiration. Wtf. Story telling 101 fail.

She has the Jedi Training Manual™

>but she swung her lightsaber at a big rock and stopped before hitting it
I knew she was ready when she sliced that rock in half.

>There will still be people who say Rey isn't an almost perfect example of a Mary Sue
Pretty sure the only thing she's missing at this point is being a creator self-insert, and for all we know she could well fit that criteria too.

To be fair Yoda flat out told Luke he wasn't ready and that his training wasn't finished. Essentially the opposite happened with Rey.

He literally doesnt. She follows him around for awhile. He finally decides to train her. Has her sit on the rock and "feel the force" or whatever the fuck. And then freaks out on her after she goes to the dark side or whatever. After that he literally just watches her a couple of times and she leaves on the Falcon.

>and for all we know she could well fit that criteria too
Kathleen "All Men Must Die" Kennedy. Nuff said

Star Wars IV: 2/10

Star Wars V: 3/10

Star Wars VI: 1/10

Star Wars I: 1/10

Star Wars II: 2/10

Star Wars III: 2/10

Star Wars VII: 1/10

Star Wars VIII: 1/10

Some ideas of this series had potential if didn't decide to market it towards children/young adults.

It is a shame so many adults take the lore seriously though......................

The only training I remember from the movie was him making her sit on the rock. I don't remember him doing anything other then that.

Luke didn't get a lot of training, but he was made to carry Yoda, do hand stands, enter a tree and try and lift the X-wing.

Luke had few days or weeks under yoda and didn't claim to be fully trained jedi knight until 3rd movie.

>Luke didn't get a lot of training, but he was made to carry Yoda, do hand stands, enter a tree and try and lift the X-wing.

He did some meta talks with Luke too.
youtube.com/watch?v=HMUKGTkiWik

This. It's pretty clear Luke starts training with Yoda pretty much after arriving on the planet. Also there could have been quite a bit more training with him between Empire and RotJ. I don't think it ever really specifies how much time passes.

>He did some meta talks with Luke too.

Which were the heart and soul of Star Wars.

They also try to do a degenerate deconstruction on those: instead of wise and inspiring musings about the nature of the Universe, all the meta info that Luke gives to his apprentice is dark, pessimistic, weak and defeatist. Nihilism.

This movie is evil at heart.

This. It also hates the family and encourages destroying the past to create a perfect Brave New World-style utopia where everyone is equally worthless.

It is a very Jewish movie at heart.

>tfw the new trilogy doesn't have a single scene that is this magical

Seriously why can't they do it? I think a big part of it is maybe the music. In the OT and PT the music takes front and center occasionally. It never really seems to do that in the new trilogy. Why? The music as a whole is not anywhere near the music in the PT or OT.

It doesn't ever specify, but in Yoda scenes you can see the time passing through visuals. R2 is all dirty, X-wing sinks, Luke's clothes are dirty, sweaty and damaged, his hair is messed up etc. Also logically speaking since falcon didn't have fully functioning hyper drive they had to fly to cloud city at least few weeks. Galaxy can't be this tiny and ships can't be that fast without hyper drive.

>Also there could have been quite a bit more training with him between Empire and RotJ.

It's outright stated in RotJ that Luke didn't return to Dagobah until after he saved Han.

>biggest and most controversial movie of the year
>oh nos there are threads

>Seriously why can't they do it?

Because clearly nobody gives a shit. It's a checklist product for disney.

because she has the books you giant cock sucking retard and now there are four known jedi who can come back as force ghosts to keep teaching her

did you even watch the film?

Yeah. It's abundantly clear that he stays woth Yoda for awhile, and they are training not too long after he arrives

My bad. I just didn't remember that. Regardless does it specify how much time passes between Empire and him going to Jabbas palace? He could have even been doing some training on his own

Yoda says to luke that he's not done training when he leaves.
In the shitpioe known as TLJ, Yoda says that DURR REY HAS EVERYTHING SHE NEEDS XD
THE
FORCE
IS
FEMALE
XDXDXDXD

Because she's a stronk independent woman.

(also the new loremaster of Star Wars is a Jewish female SJW)

>Yoda gave Luke witty one liners.
>Luke never did that to Rey.

The best part of their interaction was when he said to her "everything you said is wrong". It could have been a great mentor/student relationship but they threw it all away.

>It could have been a great mentor/student relationship

yh just recycle every trope whilst youre at it

>"trops are bad!"
>goes to watch a seasonal children's blockbuster by disney

what did he mean by this?

Maybe Yoda just hates the Skywalker family.
>tells anakin he's not ready to become jedi master
>makes luke do harsh training in a swampy jungle then tells him he's not ready to confront vader
>30 years later he burns ancient jedi scrolls in front of luke and tells him that rey already knows everything she needs
Fuck you too Green Goblin.

>goes to watch a seasonal children's blockbuster by disney

what did he mean by this

This shit fucking annoyed the PISS out of me. People keep going on and on about them ruining Lukes characterization, yet they aren't mentioning that they even somehow managed to ruin Yodas as well for the short period of time he was on screen.

Through 6 fucking movies it shows Yoda as one who values the passing on of knowledge and learning to control the force through training. Yet somehow now Yoda thinks Rey is completely ready to carry on the Jedi ways despite literally zero training.

>THE FORCE IS FEMALE

i keep seeing this. Is it an actual line from the movie or is it just a joke?

Not only that but she’s already stronger and wiser than Luke. He was like a personal trainer, not a sage. It’s fine if she has more potential than Luke but did she really have to have a better scene of his and her purpose? They couldn’t have their female protagonist learning spiritual awareness from a fucking. White. Male.

>Luke runs off before he is ready
Gets his hand cut off and just generally has his shit pushed in

>Rey runs off before she is ready
Becomes the last sole hope for the Resistance and Jedi

it doesnt matter if it was in the movie soyboy

The light side of the force is a female.

The dark side is a white male

>bolders

Are you aware of the little squiggly red lines that appear under words you type? Do you know what they mean?

Who told her that her training was finished?
Who "certified" her as a Jedi? Be specific.
When was it stated in the film that Rey is The Last Jedi?

>30 years later he burns ancient jedi scrolls
He didn't actually burn them though. At the end of the movie, they show the books were in a drawer on the Millennium Falcon.
Not that that makes him any less of a troll though. Luke died thinking the Jedi texts were destroyed.

Should we have instead had an entire film about Like training Rey in real time? Would that make you feel better, sweetie?

Where in the film was it stated she was the last hope for the Resistance and the Jedi?

Should have had a few scene with montage music.

Luke kinda implies it before he dies

>another "another Star Shit thread" comment on another Star Shit thread

Kenobi started him off, Yoda continued, taught him as much as he could in a short time, but it wasn't enough. Luke continues training between Empire and Return of the Jedi, still isn't a Jedi until he faces Vader and the emperor.

Where is Rey's training and final test? Let's face it, the movie can be entertaining to some people, but shlock is shlock.

With what line? Tell me the line.

Luke never faced the Trials, so his designation as a Jedi is flimsy at best.

Not one single person in the film said that Rey is a Jedi now. She has not had her final test yet. She won't have her final test until the next film. Are you brainless?

You're absolutely fucking wrong. Watch them again. He even trains Luke a second time when he comes back. Luke is older than Rey when he starts training (it counts) and Luke is also trained by Ben Kenobi before Yoda............

That user is wrong. He doesn't kind of imply it. It's borderline stated out right.

Throughout the WHOLE movie Kylo and Snoke are hunting Luke because he gives the resistance hope. Wwll at the end when Luke and Kylo are facing off Kylo says something to the effect of "once I destroy you the resistance is lost" something along those lines. To which replies that no he isn't the last Jedi, that there is still hope referencing Rey (the scene even cuts to Rey saving the resistance). And Kylo says he will destroy Rey. That's essentially the general gist of the conversation.

Luke LITERALLY FUCKING SAYS IT TO KYLO. Watch the fucking movie.

Nope. Reminder that we didn't have that in the OT yet we all knew Luke was getting plenty of training. Could they not use imagery and the like to convey the training? Or is everyone over at Disney a bunch of fucking hacks?

Horse shit. I'm pretty sure Kenobi didn't face the trials either. They promoted him to Jedi after facing off with Maul. That was enough of a trial. Likewise Luke facing off with Vader and Palpatine would have been enough of a trial.

>Regardless does it specify how much time passes between Empire and him going to Jabbas palace?
3 YEARS

>Rey becomes Jedi master through affirmative action.

Wow... So 3 years for him to train, even if it's by himself. Meanwhile I am pretty sure all the events in TFA and YOU take place in maybe the span of 1 year. And yet Both Yoda and Luke believe she is ready to be THE jedi.

>And YOU

Fucking kek. Sorry I am a mobile posting shitter. Was supposed to be TLJ

In the movie's timeline, Rey's known she can use the force for what, two or three days? And she's lifting boulders with ease? What a shit character.

God you insufferable cunt, he says it while against Kylo. Kylo says he'll kill Luke, and once Luke's dead it will be the end of the Jedi, and Luke says "Everything in your sentence was wrong" or whatever his line is.

You push and push to be right, but you are just so fucking gay, get it through your skull you hopeless virgin faggot

No you moron, they take the span of, at most, two or three days.

All her "training" is what we see on the screen.

>training feminists
>character named race mixer

Was getting BTFO part of your plan?

pic related, eat shit you filthy men! GRL PWR

WTF, Luke struggled to move one rock in ESB and this bitch can destroy a planet without a day of training

Jesus Christ its even worse than I thought.

While I agree that they did not stay true to Yoda's character, I took that line to mean that the text's aren't what makes a Jedi a Jedi, and that Rey has all the pieces necessary to become one. Not that she is a prepackaged Jedi at all. Yoda is not there for the purpose of encouraging Rey's development, but Luke's. He is trying to get Luke to join the fight or train her, although he does neither

He got raped by vader and lost a hand because of it though

What the fuck are you even on about retard? I'm fucking agreeing with you that there is zero reason for her to be at where she is currently.

I'm being generous and trying to give them the benefit of the doubt by saying the 2 movies could maybe span a whole year in what they cover. Post proof that the movies take place over a couple of days. Otherwise you are a fucking moron if you seriously think they cover 2 or 3 days from the beginning of TFA to the end of TLJ. Hell the whole ship chase scene is supposedly 18 hrs. So thats a good chunk of the time accounted for if it's only 2-3 days.

I fucking love that Vader is just toying with Luke the entire time until Luke actually lands a blow, and then Vader's is like, "oh really bitch?" and slices off his hand

In Super Liberal Feminist USA, Mary-Sue Train you!

>too old to undergo jedi training
>train them anyway
what could go wrong?
again?

Just saw it. God I thought you guys were just being contrarian memers but holy fuck that was a huge pile of shit. It was literally MCU-tier.
>See you around, kid
Seriously what the fuck what anime is this

But that's the thing. Surely these books aren't "all the tools" she needs to become a Jedi. Surely Yoda doesn't believe Rey just needs to read "How to be a Jedi: For Dummies" and then she is good to go.

>get btfo
>has to resort to dumb wojak pictures

Shoo Disney shill

>her last name is mixer
>literally race mixer

>Her parents were alcoholics
>don't worry random citizen, you can be special too!!

>shjoo dinee sheel

Wasn't that just some Sup Forums troll before the first movie came out and everyone thought there was going to be a romance between her and the black guy?

no that's her official name now
she's literally Rey Mixer

That's what I mean, Yoda is trying to get Luke involved. He doesn't care at all about the books and sets them all on fire. He saying all that stuff doesn't mean shit if Luke won't get off his ass and train her...he's trying to show Luke it's okay to fail and learn from it rather than shutting himself off from everything.

As I said before Luke's response is something of a non-sequitor but whatever. I know everyone is bitching about a lack of training for Rey, and the fact that she hasn't had a single 'failure' that Yoda talks about in TLJ, but I'm optimistic that it plays out appropriately in IX, Snoke comes back because he's plaguis, and she ends up going to the dark side because she is taking the quicker and easier path

Dude, I did watch both movies and they take the span of a couple days, if that. In good J.J. Abrams fashion most of what we see is the action taking place in "real time", with very few quiet bits removed to keep the pace or showing things that are happening simultaneously.

It's impossible that TFA's span is more than one day. Hell, I would argue that it takes 4 or 5 hours, tops. in TLJ we see Rey spending two nights in Jedi Isle, but she arrives close to the first night and leave in the beginning/middle of the second one. She most definitely spends less than 48 hours there, and while there she receives about one day worth of "training" (the meditation scene).

>he's trying to show Luke it's okay to fail and learn from it rather than shutting himself off from everything.

Why didn't him and the rest of the Force Ghosts try and teach that lesson years ago?

>dark is white
>up is down
>forward is back
what strange fucking times we live in

kinda this
what better trial for a jedi than fighting a mortal enemy of a jedi, and not getting totally fucked

Fucking inverted controls.

Well Luke never had extensive training either. Jedi used to be taken in as kids and it took them literally decades, Luke spent a bit of time with Yoda in bumfuck nowhere and Rey spent an even more little bit of time with Luke in bumfuck nowhere, whatever at this point

>'Okay, I'm going to give you three lessons.'
>'One, feel the force.'
>'Two, The Jedi are shit.'
>'Okay, that was all three lessons.'

kinda this
the physical stuff is important, but the mindset is also important training

That's complete nonsense and you know it. You fucking literally see days pass in that movie. And you seriously think Finn was incapacitated maybe a few hrs at most after the events on the Star killer?

Rey had literally ZERO training with luke... And really anyone for that matter. Meanwhile Luke definitely trained with Kenobi for a little bit. And definitely trained with Yoda for probably at least a few weeks.

Maybe we just haven't seen it. But with the X-Wing in the water I kinda hoped Luke would make her lift it.

I got the impression that Luke was there for a few weeks