Superman Thread

Let's have a good old Superman thread, let's celebrate THE superhero.

>What's your favorite Superman story?
>What do you like most about him?
>Why is he so inspirational?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ff0YGYgsBO0
youtu.be/fg207LfLHOk
youtu.be/EphFQelYhp8
youtube.com/watch?v=CAN-oSXZOwg
youtube.com/watch?v=SQgMqf8tV6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This digital "Adventures of Superman" from a few years ago is fucking gold, why no one talked about this?

Jeff Parker, DnA, Jeff Lemire, Greg Pak, really good guys and really good artists.

The hero we need.

Happy Birthday Supes

I always liked how they downplayed his strength in superman returns, like lifting a plane for him would be that difficult, but I guess showing the struggle makes us root for him more. After all, he's only a super man, not a god

A few of my favorite Supes moments.

Action #810 is so fucking comfy.

Capacity to lift is irrelevant.
At the velocity it was spinning trying to stop the spin by grabbing the main body would gave tore the plane apart and opened the cabin.
Hence him trying to stabilize It by pulling the wing.

This thread makes me happy

>A thread about superman being a nice guy

I needed this today. Thanks, superman.

>why no one talked about this?

Fuck off, I bring it up every chance I get.

More Superman love pls. Anything with Superbro would be appreciated

Used a few seconds of photoshop to turn this cover into a wallpaper.

Holy fuck I need supes stepping in on a wiffle game "for a cut or two" (jon at the plate, damian throwing sliders like an asian would) hammering the ball for jon to fly after.

Well, you should talk even more.

They are so cheap that I just bought every single one through comixology. Hope someday DC revives it.

>Supes family v Bat family match
I want this so badly now.

kinda wished they stop focusing so much on Jon and went back to Superman.

lol

>What's your favorite Superman story?
That is a difficult choice.

Adventures of Superman 46-48, Kingdom Come, Up Up and Away and All Star are what I would pick between.

>What do you like most about him?

Two things have always stood out to me, aside from the cool powers.

One is that it's not that he will always succeed, but at least he tries to always make the right choice.

..and that absolute power should have absolutely corrupted him at some point, he shouldn't be good. But that's his character. He is the goodest good....and he's not that way because of the power, but because that's who he is as a person.

Which Up, Up and Away tells the best. You know what? Addressing the first question, that's for sure my favourite Superman book now that I really think about it.

Think I've already answered that, desu. He shows us how to be better people.

Great wallpaper, nice trips

Here's the wallpaper I have right now

But it's not Super Sunday.

pretty sure I made that one too

Hmm.

If it was you, then thanks user. I had to cut away some white space to fit my resolution.

Batman looks up from the grill and sees that clark just made damians pitch look like a meatball. Bruce steps up to the mound as the relief pitcher. It basically becomes the kids fielding dingers and 100 mph wiffle induced hyper-sinkers.

I'm fucking hyped and ready to do whatever he tells me.

>They'd just be getting in my way

Chills every time.

>favorite story
A Superman for All Seasons

>pork ay
The vastness in Sales art and relative small scale of the story were just beautiful. It made clark a big guy in an even bigger world. instead of just the typical big guy in a world too small for him.

>why's he inspirational
An unwavering determination to find the good in every single being. Which is simultaneously one of the biggest reasons people claim to hate him. Which just proves how fucking determined he is.

Because he has the power to do anything, but chooses to be a good person.

What is this from?

I've been a big blue fan for over twenty years, and I really like DCEU Superman.
I'm sorry.

>I'm sorry.
Cause this is a Supes thread, I'll not tell you to kill yourself, but I'd still punch you if you were in the same room as me.

There's nothing wrong with liking that 'interpretation', but equating it with the real deal? Wars have been fought for less.

what part of DCEUman do you like? Seriously, the only thing he has in common with any other Supes is the power-set and unfortunately the name.

..and before you answer, please know that hypotheticals are not a proper response

My favorite is All-Star Superman.
I like how kind and respectful he is.
He's so inspirational because he's down to Earth despite having godly powers.

I honestly don't know how you can have been a fan for so long and still like the DCEU version.

>I've been a big blue fan for over twenty years

i.e. "I watched smallville on tv as as a teen and saw the Reeve superman on tv once, in passing"

I like Clark Kent more than Superman itself.

Also, I really like Earth One, Rereading it was one of the best things I ever did.

>Earth One

You like Batman more than Superman.

E1 was nothing more than a Superman story written like he was batman.

For gods sake, it turned the destruction of krypton into a deliberate act of war and Supermans whole existence into an act of vengeance. It even bloody says that in the book, when his spaceship is talking to him.

Awful superman in an awful book.

Did have some great parts though, like the hooker girlfriend they introduced, plus the cat story. Lex was great too.

But dude, seriously...you're a step away from being this guy

Being a geographer and have studied geology, I say that Krypton would never explode without SIGNS that something was wrong, this was always bad, and by putting something that was never thought about (there are another alien species in the mythos) and that they are in war with Krypton makes so much sense and feels right.

And his escape being an act of vengeance makes sense, since he isnt inclined to vengeance, and yes by his parents, his actions are not what their kryptonian parents want, they are his.

>without SIGNS

>he doesn't know who supermans father was or what he did

>he doesn't know that the government deliberately ignored him due to xenophobic and fear-based tendencies

You've never read superman pre 2005 have you?

>And his escape being an act of vengeance makes sense, since he isnt inclined to vengeance, and yes by his parents, his actions are not what their kryptonian parents want, they are his.

That doesn't make sense.

>they are his

No, they are his parents and ships AI. He still fought their war, their battle.

The book goes out of its way to show him as a savant and prodigy in every area he goes, remember the job hunting scenes? Yet has almost nothing at all showing his humanity, nothing to identify with apart from the cat scene...and a power fantasy.

That's all you want from Superman, I can tell, a power fantasy backed by Batmanish motivations.

you mong, krypton was fucking destroyed by a psycho in post-crisis,in byrne's world of krypton this was fine, but to have a intergalatic war, that is wroooong.

He was a prodigy, and even when he was autosuficient in many areas, he still doesnt know what to do with his life, he made mistakes, he was the more falible superman to date, this is why he was so much Human, that was the point of the story you dipshit.

>without SIGNS that something was wrong
literally the entire reason that Superman exists, you fruitloop.

>krypton was fucking destroyed by a psycho in post-crisis,in byrne's world of krypton this was fine

Yes, it was fine, because that didn't shape supermans character or motivation. How is this hard for you to understand?

what shapes superman is the outcome of the place he falls from krypton you retard, not the reason of krypton's death.

In Earth One, his actions are his own and not from Krypton. He fight against aliens and the parasyte for Earth and not for Krypton

>What's your favourite Superman story?
The showdown between Luthor and Superman, Clark Kent is Superman and I can prove it and it's a job for Superman from Millar's run, A funeral in smallville from All Star, Moore's Supreme.

>retard

You're the one resorting to name calling to win an argument. Nice.

>In Earth One, his actions are his own

Look at the picture. His spaceship from KRYPTON goes out and tells him his task is to avenge the murder of his homeworld. Which he then goes out and fucking does.

Stop spouting shit.

this guy is right

you, watch: youtube.com/watch?v=Ff0YGYgsBO0

I see you chose a picture with the good old shorts in it, good for you buddy. Nothing wrong with the classic look.

Best tribute to live action Big Blue I've ever seen

>Dean Cain is best boy
youtu.be/fg207LfLHOk

I wish i was Superman.

What's everyone's favourite superman theme?

While the film wasn't anything great, I loved thisyoutu.be/EphFQelYhp8

sorry, missed your comment

>Countdown to Final Crisis issue 3

Thanks

HOW HE DOES AVENGE KRYPTON?

fucking lying cunt, he never avengers anything, the only thing with vengeance is the ship with sentience, do not fucking project what the ship says into him, he never does anything.

Already did and already commented on the video why they are wrong.

>HOW HE DOES AVENGE KRYPTON?
>full caps
>on Sup Forums

You must be super buttmad over your shitty book, friend.

and you still cannot answer withou being a lying cunt.

because you are hiding the truth, but too bad, because I am here and I can prove you wrong at every single line.

So... go for it. just try.

I'm not that guy. I'm just laughing at you.

Damn, Supes and Dick's friendship is so based

What issue of Morrison's JLA is this?

the two parter with Dream. Shouldn't be hard to look up.

I like the rough idea of DCEU supes, but my issue really isn't with the actor or character so much as it is that he's had so few lines and screentime that it's hard to really have his character flesh out. I'm hoping that changes

This thread really rumpels my stiltskin

When Cavil smiles, which is (fittingly) rare in late MoS and most of BvS, you can see the Superman we all know and love. It's the darker tone and subtleties that seems to make him hard to see for some.

The DCEU so far, his story at least, seems to be Superman growing into his role. You see it in MoS when he commits to being a hero, and meeting Lois, reconciling who he is with who he was intended to be. In BvS the early scenes, the bathtub scene, and the heroic rescue clips are all the Superman we know. He solidifies that when he chooses to sacrifice himself to stop Doomsday, and becomes worthy of the monuments.

I imagine post-JL he will be more as people expect him. Sadly, they won't see it as intended growth, but surrender to pressure.

Smallville did a lot of the shit that the DCEU has with Superman and is generally praised. How quickly people forget.

>Reeves will always be Superman, tho.
>Those feels when the original score rises.

>and the heroic rescue clips are all the Superman we know.

>doesn't smile at all when saving people to let them know it'll be okay

>Sadly, they won't see it as intended growth, but surrender to pressure.
Oh please, snyder couldn't plan something like that. It's so obviously him trying to adapt to criticism.

Of course it is, Superman is like a brother or an uncle to him.
You have to realize what "Nightwing" as an identity is. It's the mission and drive of Batman, filtered through the optimism and kindness of Superman.

I don't disagree, I just understand and appreciate why they did it.

youtube.com/watch?v=CAN-oSXZOwg

>Proving my point.

>You wake up tomorrow only to discover that, due to a half century old legal loophole, Marvel owns Superman.

>Marvel immediately forces DC to halt production of all Superman material and announces the coming of an All New, All Different Super-Man to their comics.

>Bendis, naturally, is given full creative control.

What do you do, Sup Forums, what do you do?

>Proving my point.
Doesn't mean it's not correct.

why was that Austen Superman story in the last thread so comfy? does every writer have at least 1 great Superman story to tell?

I think Cavil has the potential to be a great superman, and I really hope he gets a chance to redeem himself in man of steel 2, only if they get different writers and a different director. And by the looks of it they are going in that direction. Which makes me optimistic about Superman movies in the future.

We just have to get past the Snyder DCEU era, which ends after justice league.

Because Superman is comfy as fuck.

That's when supes is at his best, is when he's being a really heart warming hero

>Snyder
why he ever got rehired after MoS, I'll never know.

Then again after BvS...just blows my mind. Hopefully it wasn't just for revenue, but it probably was.

>We just have to get past the Snyder DCEU era, which ends after justice league.

Hopefully Goyer goes too.

>Goyer
guess whose scheduled for The Sandman

Goyer is confirmed for writing the GL movie.

RIP DC cosmic.

worst timeline

Fondly remember Superman as he was. It could be worse, honestly, because they are less likely to ruin or otherwise alter Superman than they are to just kill him off so Bendis' OC can take his place.

I'm totally straight but given the chance I'd give Superman the most intense blow job I can.

Superman ain't no hero! He's always taking over the world.

>I really like Earth One
I don't see how. I re-read all of Earth One recently and Superman is by far the worst series in it. It's like a DCEU light.

You can't beat the Fleischer intro youtube.com/watch?v=SQgMqf8tV6Q