Luke, last Jedi master in the galaxy shows up to sacrifice himself for about 10 people

>Luke, last Jedi master in the galaxy shows up to sacrifice himself for about 10 people
>they all would have died anyway if MaRey Sue was conveniently around after getting on the Falcon off-camera

God, this movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fWq7a7jJkWU
youtu.be/trsIcv3hWI4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How did he know the Crystal Critters™ would help them find an exit

He knew Rey Would help because he knew she left the planet, and prolly sensed her location with the force seeing how he is also strong enough to be in 2 places at once

The (female) Force told him

Shouldn't Kylo have realized it was a hologram after he saw Luke holding his trademark blue lightsaber? You know, the one that he and Rey just broke aboard Snookie's ship?

This movie was a fucking mess

How many people do you have to save for a sacrifice to be heroic.

Better question, if Luke was incorporeal how did he hand Leia the dice?

>DURRRRR LUKE WASN'T LE EBIN BADASS ENUFF HE SHOULDA DESTROYED THE ENTIRE FLEET WITH HIS MIND THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SO EPIC xDDD

kill yourself

He also kissed her and she felt it.

Ronan Johnstone everybody!

>Star Wars copying Star Trek

Hilarious.

t. illiterate shill

And if he was capable of affecting the physical world why didn't he defeat Kylo for real?

>Luke, last Jedi master in the galaxy shows up to sacrifice himself for about 10 people

And then he doesn't.

It was a false act of heroism. He was not there. He was "force projecting": yeah, a new bullshit they pulled off their asses with the sole intention of breaking that heroic moment and have Luke use die weak, exhausted.

nanomachines son

I can just imagine the thought process behind this.
>We need Luke to fight Kylo and die at the end, but Rey left on the Falcon and there are no other ships on the island.
>I know! He'll project his image there with the Force and distract Kylo.
>But how will he die?
>Uh, exhaustion kills him.
>Seriously, Rian?
>Just type it up.

I was waiting for Luke to force bullshit that x-wing out of the water

it was a force hologram dice? but even better question is why he never tell them there was an exit in the back of the cave I mean Leia could have lift the rocks with her force powers

The dice were also a hologram dear speedwatcher

Well, that would have been a clever referrence to ESB and it would mean fans would actually get to see Luke being badass in a battle, and we can't have that.

Star Wars IV: 2/10

Star Wars V: 3/10

Star Wars VI: 1/10

Star Wars I: 1/10

Star Wars II: 2/10

Star Wars III: 2/10

Star Wars VII: 1/10

Star Wars VIII: 1/10

Some ideas of this series had potential if didn't decide to market it towards children/young adults.

It is a shame so many adults take the lore seriously though.....

>luke raises his x-wing out of the water
>yodas force ghost stands behind him
>"patience, the boy has finally learned"

Well then what the fuck was the point of handing her the dice? How did she feel his kiss?

That would have been a great scene, so it couldn't be in this movie

ESB Yoda sure, fuck the ISIS Yoda in this one.

it was a symbolic reunion of Han, Leia and Luke not really that important of a plot hole

It's a shame they made the movie for children by marketing it to adults who loved Star Wars since the beginning.

Some reunion. Han is dead and Luke isn't actually there. Half-assed like this entire movie.

Disney Wars in a nutshell
youtube.com/watch?v=fWq7a7jJkWU

Do we know what George Lucas thinks of this movie yet? He hated TFA but loved Rogue One.

Well, at least he had his green lightsaber. That's more accurate than TLJ.

Leia can fly through the vacuum of space but Luke can't do shit.
Fuck this movie.

did anyone else chuckle when he did the spin?

The lightsaber was different than Vader's, I think it was a new one, more flat design with bronze pieces.

>Projected himself halfway across the galaxy
>so fast Kylo can't even hit him

what would you have preferred?

when Luke did that matrix slow-mo neo shit one dude near me said "what! come on now!"

I was baffled with the decision

It was Anakin's.

The spin man, the fucking faggy spin.

>Sidious force rapes Dooku across the galaxy
>Vader can choke out niggas on another ship
>Leia can fucking fly survive in the vacuum of space
>Yoda's spirit can cotnrol the elements like Storm from X-men
>Luke creates an illusion that does no damage to his enemy and kills him in 5 minutes

BRAVO RIAN

Use the x-wing maybe? Actually being there?
Luke dying at the binary sunset was pretty kino tho.

>Actually being there?

Luke is so powerful he doesn't need to be actually present to completely defeat his enemy. Luke Skywalker as a symbol is as inspiring and important as the man himself.

They even had it all set up, no way that they didn't see that they could've replicated the esb scene, this was intentional

During the superman scene I heard some people laughing. What in gods fuck were they thinking.

>TFA ripped off ANH! It sucks!
>Why didn't TLJ rip off ESB! It's SHIT

One problem there, chief. Kylo wasn't defeated.

Go buy a loot box, fanboi.

It would've closed the circle and even shown Luke's progress in the ways of the force. Learn to pottery, pleb.

>completely upstaged and shown to be an impotent wreck in front of his entire army while the remnants of the Resistance escape

Even before Luke was revealed to just be a projection Kylo couldn't hit him.

>TLJ didn't ripoff ESB

Hell, it ripped off the best scene from RotJ too.

What, it had a scene that took place in a throne room? The context and the result of the scenes are COMPLETELY different.

>luke fights remotely.
>doesn't die for this reason.
>luke is untouchable
>"see ya around kid"
>"if you strike me down i'll be on your conscience, just like your father"
>immediately in the next scene.
>he dies.

Honestly who fucking wrote this? third graders?

Whoa, so defeated. I mean, he got his ass kicked by a girl 3 days ago, and they still fear him, but THIS will mean something.

>everyone hates EA for ruining Star Wars.
>Disney apes out at EA for destroying their image.
>Disney destroys their own image one month later.

It was a hologram. To let her know he wasn't really there. That's why she wasn't even phased when they fired a hundred blaster cannons at him.

It had a throne room, an Emperor ripoff, a Luke ripoff, and a Vader ripoff. Just because Rian Johnson wrote in a different, far worse climax doesn't mean he didn't lift it from RotJ.

It's similar in very broad strokes. I guess Revenge of the Sith ripped off RotJ first but it's ok when george does it

RotS and RotJ are nothing alike. Meanwhile, TLJ has the Vader ripoff kill the Emperor ripoff to save the Luke ripoff.

Totally not a RotJ ripoff though, right?

and RotS has the Emperor sitting in a throne room, overlooking a space battle outside, ordering a Skywalker to murder his apprentice so he can take his place

we can both play this game :^)

>They didn't deserve this

>let's go to this planet it's well armed and defensible!
>Litteral rust buckets and a large shitty gate with no back door

By the end of the movie I legitimately wanted Kylo Ren to fuck them all up.

They didn't go their to defend themselves, they went their to hide. It almost looked like it would have worked if Benecio Del Toro didn't somehow find out their plans.

But the books were in that one throwaway shot later when Finn opened some compartment lmao.

Except Anakin actually does it, making the scene a 180 from Luke's version. The scene in TLJ is 1:1 with the RotJ variant but worse.

>They realize this after thinking there must be another entrance if Luke got in
>Luke didn't actually really get in

>their
fuck me I'm too tired

FUCKING THIS. How come people are not ripping this scene apart? Also he looked younger than he was on that flashback with young Kylo.

This. I was expecting this and Luke to fly in with the X-wing and take out the walkers and the canon.

There were like 3 books in there, I doubt that's the full extent of the Jedi library.

Fuck me, that would have been amazing.

Just because its a blue lightsaber doesnt mean it has to been anakin's. It's within reasonable doubt that Kylo was more focused on trying to beat his former master who he had just seen presumably withstand a giant barrage of weapons directly at him.

there's no reason why he shouldn't have his green saber. johnson must hate it or something. this movie made a deliberate effort to avoid showing it and probably would have removed it entirely if they could have

still havent seen the scene

someone post it

literally would have redeemed the movie, it's painful that such an obvious closing of luke's character isn't even realized by the faggots and women in charge of writing the plot to a series which they mocked in high school.

>evil Luke uses the green saber he constructed when he completed his training and became a Jedi to attempt nepoticide
>heroic Luke uses his father's blue saber from back when he was an angsty retard with incomplete training to save the day

Rian just hates Jedi Masters. Yoda is an asshole in this too.

didn't that faggot lie about a new lightsaber color too?
>yfw rian thinks green is a new color

There's a decent cam rip. Just watch that.

Why was Kylo actually the best thing about this film? I really wanted him to turn Rey to his side, even though I knew that would literally never happen. It would have been too clever.

what the "death" scene? jesus it's so bad, it's like a syfy series show, i'm talking cinematography, lighting, shadow effects, everything.

Because he's the only one who got any character development at all. Rey, Finn, and Poe are all static. Luke has actually regressed.

IT'S THE SAME FUCKING HILT

>people have to work together to accomplish a difficult task
wow what unrealistic bullshit

you know what here you go even if it's not what you wanted everyone should see this

Formerly sneedle.

>legendary hero kills himself for a few insignificant rebels, while giving the enemy a much larger victory by removing a key player from the board

Truly, a great scene.

>literally fades out

the whole thing is bad. his outfit, the saber, the dialogue, the action, the setting. it's just off

THEY'LL FIX IT IN THE BLU-RAY RELEASE!

>a grumpy dude on a rock in the middle of the ocean
>key player
okie dokey artichokey

>most powerful Jedi left alive
>not a key player

Are you forgetting that the whole plot of TFA is finding Luke?

TLJ already rips off ESB, might as well go full retard

He had the only kino scene in Force Awakens
youtu.be/trsIcv3hWI4

One of the biggest plot holes in TFA and TLJ is where the fuck is Anakin's ghost in all this? I mean, Yoda showed up so why not?

Anakin was reborn into Rey so that's why his ghost isn't showing up.

>he thinks that Luke wouldn't sacrifice himself to save ten people
You are dumb
He was also saving his sister and confronting his mistake

Nope. Movie already explained that Rey is that strong because she's Kylo's opposite. Kylo trains his immense natural potential for years to become who he is and the Force just boosts up Rey to his level because DUDE BALANCE LMAO.

Fuck Rian Johnson.

Le death of the author. Still holding out hope for reincarnation shenanigans.

>man works hard to acquire thing
>woman has thing given to her
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

He doesn't even sacrifice himself, he just gets out of breath and dies.

Well, we might get something. JJ might shit on Rian's movie like Rian shit on his.

--- HIT BACK AT DISNEY --
- Start calling the current trilogy as "the Disney fan fiction"
- Start delegitimizing their claim on the mythos by considering everything from Return of the Jedi as glorified fake expanded material
- Always mention that "Disney killed Star Wars". Make Tshirts and Hats with it. Create a grassroots movement that will spread like wildfire among the actually witty fan base.
- Always mention Mark Hamill's refusal to accept this Luke as canon luke
- Equate "Legends" and "EU" with what Disney is making right now.
- Say "its not real star wars even Lucas said so" as a catch phrase to counter-revolutionize youth
- Underline the SJW and Tumblerina aspects of characters
- Underline how there are no white male characters remaining and that Disney is murdering any semblance of them one by one
- Underline how most casting were done so according to Real World interests (affirmative action casting which is actually reverse racism)
- Underline how Bob Iger has presidential ambitions and his master plan is to create a generation of mindless drone youth even worse than the spoonfed fake liberalism of Obama era
- Underline how Hux has become (with TLJ) an allegory of Trump.
- Make SURE you always, ALWAYS mention how Rey is just a cornball Mary Sue, that ruffles their feathers that nothing else (because its true)

We can do it. Lets equate Disney with mediocrity, soullessness and their works as derivative terrible copies of the originals.

Unite.

Keep repeating these four words in ANY venue, online or offline:

DISNEY KILLED
STAR WARS