>going to absolutely destroy that expectation

>meanwhile DC's Avengers couldn't even make $165,000,000 in 2 days
>barely made that in a whole weekend

OH LAWD THE IRONING IS DELICIOUS

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/movies/2017/05/19/wonder-woman-writer-little-mermaid-influence/
al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/anti-roy_moore_ad_removed_from.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are you surprised that SW movie makes money? Really?

You know what's irony? Premiering a movie on a thursday in order to inflate a weekend take.

>still has to make it about DC
How hopeless are the Disniggers

Why do soyboys care how much money a movie makes?

>it's okay when Superman does it but not when Leia does it

>DCs ""best"" movie had to ape disney
yikes

>was only predicted a $200 million weekend
In the US
>going to absolutely destroy that expectation
Time will tell

Why are Royboys so mad that Roy Moore lost the election?

>conflates domestic with global

It's intentional you mongoloid.

This movie will easily do a billion dollars by the end of the year. No doubt. It doesn't even need the Chinese market.

STOP THE HATE. THE MOVIE WAS ENTERTAINING AF.

>It's MCUcks pitting DC against Star Wars episode.

I would never have guessed that.

JJust wait a few weeks for the Sup Forumstards to leave. Then people will admit they liked it.

That's not actually that good, didn't TFA do like 500 million it's first weekend?

>comparing live action to animated
Dumb cunt, Rian Johnson literally stole Zack's style with nearly every TLJ shot but it still looks like shit because he doesn't have his eye.
Also Superman isn't a coked out actress so that's probably why he doesn't look retarded when flying.

>the absolute state of american political discourse

>liberal soycucks are overjoyed they are giving massive amount of money to a giant corporation
ironic

>tracking below TFA

Are PC and Nintendo bros now, Sup Forumsro?

Why do they even hate it? It's a good movie, there's simply no arguing about it.

Cavill is half Fisher's age and yet has 1/8th the amount of hair she does.

Not a Royboy but Democrats can't crow about a Blue Wave victory when they were less than a point from beating Roy. A pedophile shouldn't be that close to winning. They basically won by being moderate republicans.

>J-Just wait a few weeks for the Sup Forumstards to leave. Then people will admit they liked it.

Please go back to Sup Forums you Disndian

>calls someone a soyboy
>gets mad at being called a royboy
The absolute state of Sup Forums tourists.

fucking peasants fighting over second place.

At least he's not a corpse.

Yep

>Biggest worldwide opening weekend and single weekend gross – $529 million

Hype was always going to be down, Force Awakens was the first SW film since 2005. It's already starting to get a bit stale just two years later.

>A pedophile shouldn't be that close to winning.
Sounds more like an issue for Republicans

If you're then why would I go to a board you undoubtedly have more posts on than I have or ever well?
>give us Barbra/Bruce pairing in TKJ movie
>pull this shit with your newest cartoon.
Cringe

It's called a widow's peak retard, and at least he doesn't use hairplugs like the actually balding MCU estrogen """actors"""

>won by over 20,000 votes
>in the reddest state in the country
>against a voter base full of racists and pedophiles

BLUMPF
CAN'T
WIN

>letting Alabama go blue
>EVER
>try to claim this as a loss by the Democrats

wew
lad

how much a movie makes is irrelevant if you don't know its budget. I imagine if it's star wars it's like 500 million? 700?

Recall the last one opened to $247.9 million domestically

where the point where plagiarism turns into homage?

>ehehehehehe
>the goyim will go, see the movie, go to work, and tell the other goyim how great the mone-- i mean movie is and they'll go to see it too!
>its absolutely fool proof, the goyim are idiots!
>ehehehehehehehe

Nope

Scott Brown won in MA vs a lot better candidate than Roy and Obama still won re-election. There was the tea party wave though so IDK. It's a lot easier when there's only one race to fund.

>widows peak
no my friend that is full blown receding hairline

Sup Forums is contrarian as fuck. They were like this for TFA the first few weeks too, now you create a thread for it and there's nothing but glowing praise.

I was just thinking to myself and I said, "self, what does this board really need." And of course the obvious answer was another star wars thread.

Good idea, I just created another.

NUMBERS HAHAHAHA
WHO CARES ABOUT QUALITY

Alabama will be more red than your mom's herpes by next election when the minorities find out Obama didn't turn Alabama into some liberal paradise as they were promised.

>still thinking about the 2016 election
>when you're losing senate seats at a ridiculous rate in 2017
Good luck getting anything passed.

The Last Jedi, like I said before, completely stole Snyder's styles and shots

I don't think anyone was/is expecting it to beat the highest grossing launch of all time, TFA.

net neutrality's gutting got passed

>why is it okay when Superman Supermans but not Leia? Like aren't they the same character???

Wonder Woman is only #3. MoS and BvS were better. JL was only slightly worse.

And is immediately being locked down by the highly Democratic courts.

>y-your mom!
Rightists can't meme

Didn't the Dems cheat by using an ad that said "if you vote for Roy Moore we'll post it all over Facebook showing that you voted for him" or whatever? Something about votes being public somehow.

Leia is a Jedi you fucking moron.

Balder = more power
Just look at One Punch Man and Gohan Calvo.

>literally making shit up because you're butthurt you lost

pedofiles deserved to be shamed so we can protect our children

only a dumb redditor would bring up reddit political topics

This has literally nothing to do with DC

Superman is a Jedi?

>>was only predicted a $200 million weekend

That was for domestic you moron

Jedi are stronger than Superman. This has been established.

orly

>Leia is a Jedi

No she isn't

I work in tech and half the people I know got free tickets from their employer to see SW in the morning or afternoon of Friday. All the companies that gave out the tickets (Cisco, Google, Apple) have big deals/partnerships with Disney

>Jedi are stronger than Superman.

Yes. She. Is.

Reminder that the writer literally said they did it based on Little Mermaid

DCucks will still deny

ew.com/movies/2017/05/19/wonder-woman-writer-little-mermaid-influence/

Nope

>Using the Transformers Defense AKA "It made lots of money"
This is how fucking bad Star Wars has sunk.

We did it bros, Disney it's going to make SO MUCH money bros, fucking yess

>it's okay when Superman does it but not when Leia does it
How is this not true? One is half a God walking among men the other is a Force sensitive politician with zero jedi training.

I don't care about Alabama's political climate, but cheating to win isn't right.
al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/anti-roy_moore_ad_removed_from.html
I just looked it up.
>Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill said the ad - which suggested that a record of how citizens voted in next week's Senate election would be kept on file - has been removed after discussions between his office and Google, the parent company for You Tube.
Doesn't matter if it was removed, because just like "retracted" news stories, the info is out in public and people will get confused.

What if he didn't do it? "Boy was my face red!" Should go to trial first at the very least. It all seems fishy to me.

The prediction was 215 million domestic, 440(i think) million global

>Friday made 15mil less than Force Awakens
>Terrible word of mouth

So realistically how much less will it make than TFA, 500mil?

Yope

Not even in the movies, kiddo. Jedis will get speed blitzed before they even have a chance to use the Force. Force could probably get overcome through Superman's sheer will too.

I'm more interested in week 2.

The defense is only being used to laugh at people who have been trying to paint it as a failure. It's fun watching people get butthurt about it.

It is a failure. Imagine how much money it left on the table by not being an actual good movie and just coasting along on being A Movie That Has Lightsabers N Shit.

*had

also, those were extensions.

>Makes a ton of money in the opening days
>Word of mouth spreads
>It tapers off quickly
>Doesn't make enough when all is said and done
>By the end of the third movie, Disney is still in the red after writing a $4b check to Lucas
>tfw Lucas out jewed the jews by exposing how creatively bankrupt they are

Oh, then surely you're also equally bothered by
1) Alabama marking black or Democratic voters as inactive and forcing them to jump through extra hoops in order to vote, just to give the Republicans an edge in the election
2) Alabama's (Republican) senator making an emergency motion to allow for destruction of the ballots immediately after the election

No? I thought not.

It's absolutely amazing that the Democrats pulled off a win with how hard the Republicans tried to swing it in their favor.

Idiot. We all knew this would make money. I'm looking forward to how much this film will hurt the brand. Nobody gives a fuck about Rey or Finn. Without the original characters to hold their hand interest will diminish. It's pretty clear that each subsequent film is going to make less and less

This was always going to happen though, just look at yearly release of games to see what happens when you just constantly shove IPs into peoples faces. SW will make a lot of money because... just like COD makes a lot of money ... because.

I'm sure they make enough on toys but I still have to imagine they were expecting more

It was a good movie though.

>Jedi are stronger than Superman. This has been established.

I guarantee it will start to fall off in week 2 and won't get anywhere near what TFA did. This film does not have the buzz to get anywhere near 2 billion

>It was a good movie though.

Thanks for your input, person with inexplicably horrible taste in movies. This wasn't even Jar Jar kind of "ha ha" bad, this was "watch us take a big steaming dump on everything you love and replace it with one dimensional Mary Sues subtextually bitter about Hillary Clinton".

>randomly brings up politics
Yeah, that explains your shit taste in movies.

Worldwide. It did like $247M domestic (a record opening). This new one is tracking at like $210M domestic, which would be the second biggest domestic opening of all time.

Lightsabers can't hurt him

Lightsabers can cut through anything. Superman is anything.

No.