Why do normies love this character so much?

Why do normies love this character so much?

Because they mistaken him for a badass instead of the true punk ass he actually is.

Because "Edgy" equals intelligent for plebs. Suicide Squad did well at the box office, remember?

He's pretty cool when he's not being written as an edgelord. Like his current run and Under the Red Hood.

Because the same reasons non casuals do.
He's fun to read and is a nice counterpoint to other bat family members.

Why does this trigger so many of you faggots

Because hes Punisher Batman, not that hard to figure out numbnuts. Quit acting like Jason was ruined because of normies

>a superhero that grew up with a Dad in jail and his drug addict mother that a rich vigilante saved him from and trained him to be his protege.

Because at least in America, he is one of the most relatable superheroes there is. Lots of inner city American families suffer from a parent in jail or one addicted to drugs.

For the male fans, he's ~edgy and badass~

For the female fans, he's a woobie bad boy who they want to coddle

because they watched the animated movie or comic arc the film was based off of and skipped over all the bad shit that was written after it

Doesnt help Jason Ackels voiced him

it's disgusting how many fancast that guy as jason

This. He's one of the few superheroes that didn't come from money or have powers. He was just a normal homeless street kid Batman took in.

>normies
Omg ur such a nerd

Are drugs really that big of a problem in America?

Drugs are a problem in a lot of countries dude. I live in Australia and we have a massive problem with ice addiction. There was 2 billion dollars worth of the stuff found about a month ago here.

The government wants people addicted to drugs, so yes

Its basically how our law enforcement stays employed.

Dude.

Because as much as we make fun of it, casuals love edgy shit

Punisher+Batman, easy

I did see a guy with a Red Hood hoodie once, though, which was hilarious

he looks like deadpool with a bat-symbol...do the math

Because Batman never letting Joker be killed, and hell Gotham never doing it either especially after we know how trigger happy cops can be, makes absolutely no sense.

Because normies love Batman, and Jason is best Robin.

Easy.

Normies don't know about this character.

>UtRH movie
>Batman Arkham Knight
>Most requested Injustice DLC Character
You know thats a goddamn lie user

I like the character because the movie was great.

He's a decent concept too, but more so in his opening story. Now he's a bit watered down and less entertaining.

What do we call normies that want to get into comics (or at least pretend they like comics) but don't read the comics. The type that have Deadpool snapbacks and post Batman memes. These people are different from the people that think any comic book shit is kid shit, are those the normies? What is a normie anymore

>Amazing movie
>Most relatable Robin
>Chooses to kill villains before they go on their monthly homicidal killing sprees (meaning not a damn moralfag)
>Methods actually work (both in movie and comic)
>Always shown to be a challenge for Batman
Wow, I wonder why normies and non-casuals alike like this character.
Sup Forumsntrarians back at again with the popular=shit mentality

Too bad he never seems to actually kill anybody.

>Suicide Squad did well at the box office, remember?

I don't remember that.

Those are casuals user.

Gotcha, thanks desu senpai

OOOOH WA AH AH AH

I honestly had no idea he was popular at all before the Injustice 2 hullabaloo. Didn't think many people cared about his portrayal in Arkham Knight since the story shat the bed, and not many people actually read comics so his greater presence since the New 52 relaunch would mean dick.

too many daddy issues and a lotta weapons... there you go the perfect self image of a gamer.

Yeah, he's way too old for that. And would make a much better Bruce.

Batfamily is normie bait.

Source?

RHatO Rebirth Annual

>stop showing everyone my old costume you little shit

Pfhehehe...

What kind of stupid question is this? They have a good taste and they are smart enough to realize that he's the best bat boy.

He also has the most hilarious and pathetic haters.

How much fucking cocaine do we buy again? Yeah, drugs are a huge thing.

And why is that necessarily a bad thing? As a lot of anons have mentioned in the thread, everyone loves Jason because he's a great character, not because of whatever contrarian shit you want to believe.

Also edgy shit is cool, OP, as much as you deny it, as long as it's not overdone it's a thing pretty much every male under the age of 35 likes.

PS- watering him down so severely like they have recently is seriously one of the worst things they could've done to him, let him deviate from the other Robins, let him stay out of Gotham and do his own thing and deliver his own breed of justice

I'm Australian and always particularly loved Jason and Deadpool for their upbringings being vaguely like my own, addiction is a transcendent problem and it's a thing a lot of people into more niche interests can relate to, like how every abused kid back in the early 2000s hung on Naruto like flies on dog shit or how every second metal/punk fan has an alcoholic dad or whatever or how most adult pro wrestling fans grew up poor/white trash.

The sheer number of people triggered by the fact that people like him is amazing, relax your fine DC don't seem to care about him as they're happy to let Lobdell write him for going on a decade.

He looks cool.

John DiMaggio was amazing when delivering that part at the end.

I liked him with the Outlaws. Arsenal best boy though. Shout out to croc for not assisting him in his suicide. 2nd best boy.

they've watched his one movie, but haven't read any of his comics

He is great in comics.

stop getting triggered

Red Hood has been my favorite rebirth comic so I have to agree with you.

not for the past few years, because of >watering him down so severely like they have recently is seriously one of the worst things they could've done to him

user, I know that you are the same person from the "annoying fans thread", the one who keep trolling in RHATO storytime threads and generally get triggered whenever someone talk about Red Hood. Seriously, chill.

Are we getting another annoying troll? Isn't Damifan enough?

never go into those threads but keep witchhunting

Sup Forums attract the worst kind of trolls.

I know that I recognized his writing.

Remember dudes, just ignore him.

>Someone, out of spite against a popular character, actually made this
THAT is the true edge, my friend

he is not a moralfag in the moralfag land that is DC. but also isn't a asshole as current marvel heroes.
he is a good marvel character in the DC universe

What the hell is even a "good marvel character"?

A character liked by edgelords.

A character with no good stories.

He has killed a ton of henchmen. Don't they count?
Of course he's not going to kill a full fleshed villain: killing an actual character could be editorial suicide, more so if the one that does is a C lister.

Is this bait? Or have you never seen coldsteel edits?

Cap (non-Hydra version), X-Men (outside of Wolverine), Spider-Man?

There are plenty of non-"edgelord" characters

Can someone tell me what is the deal with Red Hood? I'm kind of curious about why he is attracting this much hate and get some people so triggered.

is there a character who doesn't?

Not much as this guy. I mean, this thread is a proof of this.

Does Damifag count as trolling, tho? He's just this persistent, awkward English speaker, pedofan that noone likes but it's still there, almost harmless.

It's edgy Batman, what's not to get.

That's like normie catnip.

>character popularity is seeing as undeserving because his catalog is weak

Similar to what happened with Carol Danvers, even though she is less popular than Jason, much more pushed and has her waifufags scum fans.

That said, his currently run is good.

Harley, Deadpool, Deathstroke, Babsgirl, Damian (everywhere else that Damifag isn't a part of), Captain Marvel, Barry Allen,

People who care about that stuff are casuals.

Hawkeye, Rogue, Doctor Strange, The Fantastic 4.

As a marvelfag who has switched sides to DC, I agree in that Jason has a sort of marvel feel on him.

Slade is well liked here.

>Harley, Deadpool, Damian, Captain Marvel
Sup Forums don't get triggered by them, they just legit hate them.

>character popularity is seeing as undeserving because his catalog is weak
>undeserving
Really? So, people who hate are entitled bitchs who think that he doesn't deserve his popularity?

Yes.

This is why people hate character push (Carol Danvers, Inhumans, Miles Morales).

People like Priest's run, I don't think they liked him before that

>people who hate him are entitled bitchs who think that he doesn't deserve his popularity?
Pretty much.

>Damian, Carol Danvers, Inhumans, Miles Morales
They aren't popular, though.

And Red Hood isn't getting pushed.

>This is why people hate character push (Carol Danvers, Inhumans, Miles Morales)
There’s in no way similar to his situation because DC never pushed him.

>They aren't popular, though.
But the attempt to make them popular without material to back them up made people here hate them.

>And Red Hood isn't getting pushed.
And got popular nonetheless.

It is the same "why is he popular when his stories are fucking shit?" mentality.

Damian and Carol are pretty popular

>But the attempt to make them popular without material to back them up made people here hate them
And how that similar to Red Hood? DC didn't even expect him to popular. He went beyond their expectations.

They are actually not. Damian especially is very hated because DC is pushing him hard.

those are hated because of the push. even some carol fans started to hate her. pretty only the waifufags and dykes that don't read shit like her right now.
>people will ended up remember (probably liking) Marvel vs Capcom and MCU Carol but not the comic one

>why is he popular when his stories are fucking shit?
His stories being bad or good is matter of opinion. No one has the right to decide that he doesn't "deserve" to be popular just because they don't like his stories. This is really a stupid reason.

Damian is hated by people who don't read comics anyway.

His catalog is pretty fucking good compared to the others (Morrison's Batman, Morrison's Batman & Robin, Tomasi's Batman & Robin, Gleason's Robin and Super Sons).

>Tomasi's Batman & Robin, Gleason's Robin and Super Sons
Literally overrated here.

Tomasi and Gleason are both safe writers who keep regressing Damian in their stories. Damian is acting less mature and more annoying in SS than he did in BR.

Pretty sure Red Hood rebirth are the only rebirth that never get advertised, even obscure fuck like Batman beyond got advertised.

Not really. Just because he's matured a bit, it doesn't mean he still isn't going to act bratty. He's still a pompous prick, just one who has a heart of gold underneath. He's not going to suddenly turn into Dick overnight.

there were ads in the comic pages and in the preview catalog that DC put out

Exactly, advertised.

He's kind of a counterpoint to "why doesn't Batman kill or use guns".

He backs Black Mask into a corner and gets him to act even more irrational and dangerous than usual. He tries to enact vengeance on the Joker, and almost dies for it. He tries to kill Hurt's men, and gets Eduardo Flamingo involved, as well as getting Damian paralyzed. He's basically the focus to Batman's gallant.

I know it is a stupid reason, but is the reason anyway.

Imagine if America Chavez become suddenly incredibly popular among normies because of her current run. People here would resent it.

what in menstration

>His catalog is pretty fucking good compared to the others (Morrison's Batman, Morrison's Batman & Robin, Tomasi's Batman & Robin, Gleason's Robin and Super Sons).
Normies only watch movies, so..