>If you eat too many calories you get fat
whoa... my eyes are open now

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metabolic_syndrome
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtube.com/watch?v=otI813hkMqc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

amerifats are fat lol

i remember really liking this movie as a kid... no idea why i just enjoyed the guy puking on camera.
something tells me this movie paved the way to me liking reviewbrah and such...

>dude if you eat fast food every day you get fat!
>this somehow is an eye opening and ground breaking revelation for americans

kek

Americans, even today, have a really warped view on health and nutrition. They're people who think merely switching to diet soda is going to make them lose weight.

He was sexually accused too.
We’re next, guys.

He wasn't accused
He outted himself before they could get to him
That's pretty kino

Yeah, the disconnect people in the West (I live in England) but particularly Americans reminds me a lot of the same disconnect your average meat eating shopper has with where their meat comes from, it’s simple to be healthy, it doesn’t take “more willpower” per se, just “more willpower” than certain generations have been taught to cultivate.

>if you have sex with a girl who says no its rape
Whoa my eyes are open now

this faggot ate fast food every day for the same amount of time and lost weight. the difference? he didn't eat carbs.

>fast food
>no carbs

uh huh

>what is ordering a mcdouble with no bun and refraining from adding fries and a soda

I get depressed a lot and find it hard to want to change to become healthier, even though most women think I’m attractive, they don’t really find ME attractive, because I’ve made a habit of using filters and resizing my pictures slightly so I look more muscular. Now I’m starting to get asked out on dates etc and even though I’m enjoying the attention, at some point I’m actually going to have to match my shooped appearance to my actually appearance, but that’s why I did it. I was hoping that would finally motivate me. It kinda is but I’ll tell myself I’m not going to eat something and before I know it I’m binge watching something and shoving plates of pasta down my throat. It all comes from self loathing and a disgust with who I am on a foundational level though, I’m an alcoholic and destroyed both relationships I’ve had beyond repair, my most recent ex actually ran away with my son to get away from me, although I’ve never been physically abusive. Anyway thanks for reading my blog. The Last Jedi was boring.

He structured the movie so well until you realize how fucking stupid he is.

if you eat 5000 calories per day of anything you will get fat

why can't westerners into cico desu

Britbong here, I did exactly that and lost weight. Admittedly, my diet wasn't 5000 cal a day.

That's actively avoiding carbs which no-one in real life does. And that was the point of Merlin Springle's documentary.

If you drink a 2 liter of coke a day, then switching to diet coke can really cut the calories. If you drink coke like once or twice a month (or even less often) then it doesn't really matter

Thats a pretty smart move. He can bring out his own version of the story, get good boy points on the media and make it less likely for people to accuse him of more vicious things

kek join the club, most of us are irredeemable, self hating pieces of shit that fake shit til we make shit

Nobody does that tho, failed to make a point
>hurr I'll eat only fast food BUT i'll strip everything down and only leave the lettuce, WOAH im so smart

>itt: brainless think eating carbs or fast food has anything to do with weight

Eat 5000 calories a day in Big Macs or broccoli and you’ll gain weight. Eat one Big Mac a day and nothing else and you lose weight.

This is why you’re all still fat

like you won't die if you ate healthy or something lol

that's just being a human tho

The point is that there's nothing inherently unhealthy with fast food. It's the carbs and sugar that are the problem. It has always been the carbs and sugar. It will always be the carbs and sugar. Stay in denial and either be skinny with hidden metabolic issues or fat with the same metabolic issues.

While generally true, there is a lot to say for what your intestines are actually digesting. Protein + polyunsaturated lipids beats out complex carbs given the same caloric count.

Sugars are carbs. No need to differentiate the two unless you enjoy being redundant.

>good boy points

Youtube pulled his sequel to Super Size Me, and it's no longer being shown at Cannes.

Blind items say he is going to get shit on hard in the next few weeks by Mcdonalds and that it's going to come out that the entire Super Size Me thing was a lie (which has already been well known for some time)

>carbs are bad meme
lol

Except you had to strip away half of the fast food to make it less harmful, thereby proving his point.

But didn't he actually not get fat? He had some health issues developing, but he didn't become obese. This movie kind of showed that fat people eat a whole lot more than just McDonalds, and that exercise can easily counter-balance some of the problems that compound when a person eats too much fast food.

Oh wait, this was back when "HAHA STUPID FAT PEOPLE" was still funny

>bread is harmful
wtf mcdonalds is poison

There's 2 modes of burning energy for survival.

1st is burning glycogen
2nd is burning fat

If you eat carbs all the time you will always be in mode nr 1 and will never lose body fat. If you want to lose body fat there are 2 options:

1st intermittent fasting (8 hour eating period, 16 hour fasting period)
2nd keto diet (you can eat any time you want but no carbs)

These are the only ways you can deplete glycogen so that you can start burning fat. That's why everyone always fails at losing weight, because by constantly eating carbs they never manage to deplete their glycogen. Your body will never ever burn fat while it as glycogen available.

I've only ever seen fat people drink that shit, is it placebo?

metabolic syndrome doesn't always come paired with obesity. he would have gotten fatter eventually had he kept eating like that.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metabolic_syndrome

Also here's a lecture that explains the concepts perfectly.

youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk

False, you can burn glycogen and fat at the same time. Sorry to break your pseudoscience, but feel free to prove me wrong by providing scientific citations about the matter.
It's all about the calories, that's all.

Watch the lecture I linked.

btw I'm not saying carbs are bad all the time.

If you're 10% body fat of course you should be eating lots of carbs. However if you're a 300pound landwhale eating carbs will only hamper your weight loss.

>I linked.
Conjecture. This is an anonymous website, so we can't know if you posted anything. Cite your sources for this claim. You're embarrassing yourself with this pseudoscientific drivel.

Americans generally have 0 idea how many calories are in something or how many they consume throughout the day. I've heard burgers guess a pint of ice cream at 300 calories total, or affirm that they only eat a few hundred calories for a meal (it was a basket of about 3 dozen chicken wings with ranch)

Nah I'll wait for the scientific studies, go away with your black magic tier shit

ok fatty keep eating that bread and wondering why you're still obese

Wrong. Expend more calories than you're using and you'll lose fat. You won't make it easy for yourself if you eat all carbs, but a balanced diet is very viable. And no, online calculators won't give you an accurate calorie budget, only a starting point.

But I'm not even fat, I work out regularly and need the carbs for energy. You are probably a desk ridden cuck boy

Mcdanalds did nuffin wrong!!!

>if you hit you're head too much you'll get brain damage
>if you eat too much you'll get fat
>if you invade other countries people will hate you
Why can't America understand these basic truths

It was at the time. The public didn't know the food was so bad for you and the companies did everything they could to obfuscate it. It's a lot like what happened with cigs

>ad absurdum
lol

it's actually just your argument

why do you eurocucks always have some snide comment about us americans? do you feel that inferior? its like were always on your mind when we dont even give you guys a moments thought

Yeah I don't know if it's like this in other countries but fucking no one here understands basic calories in/calories out. I know a handful of literal doctors whose understanding of nutrition is tabloid tier (sugar makes you fat, vegetables make you thin, etc). It's mind boggling.

Sugar makes you bloated tho, not sure if fat but it makes you look fucked up

Good post OP

Name me one essential carbohydrate. I'll wait.

Carbs and sugar are fast food

>Eat 5000 calories a day in Big Macs or broccoli and you’ll gain weight.

Not if you exercise enough. I can't imagine how many calories a basketball player needs to eat to maintain their weight

who the fuck drinks that much coke?

Mexicans. True story.

americans

To be fair, he tried to get nutritional information on the food and the company couldn't provide it. So it's really hard to know just how much you're consuming.

Also, the education system is partially to blame for not teaching our kids this stuff, ffs some people think fat makes you fat and that low-fat diets help you lose weight, even though fat is the most nutritionally-dense macronutrient, and your body NEEDS that shit.
Basically this.

Canadians

nobody thought that eating hamburgers and milkshakes with fries every meal was anything but unhealthy at any point in history

big if true

>Remember this film from when I was a kid
>"Oh my God user, it's so EYE OPENING!"
>"I mean it's scarier than even some of the horror movies I've watched!"
>"It made me sick to my stomach!"
>"He almost DIED!"
>Get told I can't watch the movie because it's "too scary"
>Teachers say they can't show it in class because of "disturbing imagery"
>Eventually years later find it on Netflix
>Watch it
>Thoughts after seeing it:
>"THAT WAS IT?!"

Honestly, the movie points this out. It shows the Big Mac guy who has eaten like 3-4 a day since he was 15 or something, who is not diabetic or morbidly obese (he’s just typical American overweight).

The point isn’t that McDonald’s is poison. The point is that a typical meal there, especially a “supersized” one is not something anyone should take lightly about consuming, since it’s a fuckton of calories. It’s also more a statement of Americans, because I guarantee you there were like a minimum of 20 to 30 thousand people who had a friend show them this and go “holy crap you mean if I keep eating fried fast food and drink loads of sugar, I’ll get fat????”, even though that’s not inherently the point of this documentary at all.

>If you drink too many alcoholies you get drunk
whoa... my eyes are open now
youtube.com/watch?v=otI813hkMqc

Ok, but it's still on the company to provide this information. Plus if you were to eat even a salad there it would be as bad as a big Mac. These companies intentionally try to make their food addictive by adding sugar to everything. They're devious and if they could still get away with obscuring facts and details they would.
>hamburgers and milkshakes with fries
No shit. If you eat a lot of calories you'll get fat, but it's fucking hard to get fast food and get ANY meal

You won't lose much if you eat a lot of carbs spread out through the day, since your blood sugar levels will be consistently high and for longer periods of time. The fatter you get, the more insulin you will release which suppresses fat loss even more. Eating empty calories isn't good for your health, but the relationship between carbs and fat loss is mainly a mathematical problem related to your eating schedule.

The lack of weight loss opportunity during a typical person's eating schedule will cause them to steadily gain weight when eating more than their average calories, which everyone does occasionally. Eating starches and snacking are major contributors that legitimately do prevent weight loss, even if you start eating fewer calories. "Eating too much" includes eating too often, not just the amount of calories. Most people arguing for counting calories don't understand this and fail to emphasize it. Carbs exacerbate this problem, rather than causing it.

He gained like 30lbs in 30 Days dude. That alarmed himself and his doctors. That’s a very unhealthy amount of weight to put on (he’s borderline overweight already at the start with a BMI of like 24)

>Swedish scientist Fredrik Nyström conducted an experiment with eighteen students; only he upped the ante — considerably. Rather than Spurlock's 5,000 calories per day, Nyström's subjects were required to consume a measured 6,000 calories per day. The food was controlled to ensure that most of the calories were from saturated fats. The subjects were not allowed to exercise during the 30 days, also unlike Spurlock, who made sure that he walked a normal distance every day. Considering these differences, Nyström's subjects should have been considerably worse off than Spurlock was, but they weren't. They did all gain 5-15% extra body weight, and complained of feeling tired; but none suffered any other negative effects. There were no mysterious psychological problems, no strange conditions that baffled the doctors. Nyström and his medical staff noted no dangerous changes at all.
>After his experiment, Nyström was asked his opinion of Spurlock's extreme reaction, especially his liver problems. Having never examined Spurlock, Nyström could only guess, but among two of his perfectly reasonable hypotheses were that Spurlock may have had pre-existing undiagnosed liver problems; or that his normally vegetarian diet may have rendered his liver poorly prepared to suddenly deal with a diet high in carbohydrates and saturated fat, a problem that anyone eating a normal diet would not experience. Any cynic can also easily propose a third possibility, that Spurlock was simply trying to make as dramatic, engaging, and commercial a movie as he could, which is the goal of every filmmaker.

>BMI

I know some hapa nerd in north carolina who drinks 2-4 liters of coke a day and nothing else
yet he's a hungry skeleton

>the difference? he didn't eat carbs.
Then it's not the exact thing, you stupid faggot.

IT'S LITERALLY JUST FUCKING CICO

MODS DELETE THE THREAD FOR FUCKS SAKE

>eat huge breakfast, lunch and dinner every day
>get fat
woah.........

Dietary fiber.

>they fucking KNOW the sugar and fat
its not the fat, its the carbs

It's both, retard.

>daily reminder that your brain’s ONLY source of healthy energy is carbs I.e sugar
>you are now aware that actual, literal brainlets support the “sugar is bad” meme

If you actually use your brain for stuff, you will burn a fuckton of calories in the form of glucose just by sitting there. The fact that brainlets starve their brain to “lose weight” is a seriously funny meme to me.

If I’m actively working out, sure I need more protein. But starving your body for carbs is such a dumb meme. Not to mention the increased fat intake to compensate for the carbs, which promotes arterial plaque and cancer (once the unsaturated fats form more radicals than your body can easily deal with)

Complex carbs, low fat, and adequate protein are all you need to keep a good blood sugar level. If you need a movie to tell you that high fat, high sugar, high sodium foods like fast foods are bad for you in excess, then you deserve to be a fat.

FUCK YOU I AM MAD BECAUSE I AM AN AMERICAN AND I CAN'T HANDLE THE BANTER

STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Plus his liver was starting to shut down like he was an alcoholic.

>borderline overweight
>BMI of like 24

m8, putting aside the bmi meme, that would be a normal weight/height ratio

see

Your teachers probably had some shadowy figure representing Coke Corp come and bribe/legally threatens them.

Also, retards shitting on this film are still missing the point: at the time, fast food restaurants hid/withheld nutritional facts to the public. Years later, we have menus that display calories, sugar, and grams of fat easily and obviously, despite all the fuss from fast food faggots saying how bad it would be for their business. You literally have this movie to thank for easy and readable nutrition facts on fast food (something that seems almost insane to not have had in 2004 or whenever this came out)

no, its the carbs

obsessed

People like to laugh at those who are inferior to them.

OBESED

What was the point of this documentary again?

It's not like McDonald's tries to hide the fact that it's junk food.

>OBSESSED
Nah, we just like watching freak shows. Hahahaha

to make money by going after an already unpopular corporation

obsessed

Look at the big picture. If you're on a calorie deficit, you HAVE to lose weight. The problem is people don't maintain a calorie deficit. That's it.

If calorieDeficit=True
then weightLoss=True
else weightLoss=False

>but it's fucking hard to get fast food and get ANY meal

>speculation is the truth

gib more (You)s