New Carmen Sandiego? Is this for real!?

New Carmen Sandiego? Is this for real!?

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2017/04/18/stranger-things-star-joins-netflixs-new-carmen-sandiego-animated-series
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Where_in_the_World_Is_Carmen_Sandiego?_Vol_1
youtube.com/watch?v=g-_HKOcYBK8
youtube.com/watch?v=7-YchwrdPw0
youtube.com/watch?v=s1EIUP8tvbE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>netflix
No.

>Who in time is Carmen Sandiego

But that doesn't work.

Well, I'm aroused.

Where in the world did you find this, op?

The twitter handle's right there in the picture, bro

did they ever look in San Diego tho

Wow fucking old news retards, Jesus.

ign.com/articles/2017/04/18/stranger-things-star-joins-netflixs-new-carmen-sandiego-animated-series

explain

>being this crotchety

go to bed old man

>old news
>posts an article that isn't even a day old
You are a faggot.

Wonder what her background will be. Ex Acme Agent still?

Can we still have the ghostly floating head of Egon?

>in time
You mean "in the world". Which would makes sense if she had access to shapeshifting/hologram disguise tech. "Who in the world is Carmen Sandiego".

No Rockapella, no sale.

Old show canon. Wonder how much has been kept.

>According to this canon, Carmen Sandiego was an orphan raised at the Golden Gate Girls' School in San Francisco. The Chief gave her a home at the ACME Detective Agency and, by age seventeen, she solved more cases than any other ACME agent. However, she then disappeared and turned to a life of crime. Her partner when she was at ACME was a Japanese man named Suhara, who left ACME after she did and appears to now be retired. Unlike in most of the rest of the series, the reason for Carmen leaving ACME is not specifically stated, although it is speculated by Suhara

Are you blind?

Fuck you fags I'm angry at the world.

Pretty sure it was an attempt at a joke, guys

Grandpa, take your meds.

pretty exciting. i doubt the actual series will look as nicely detailed as that picture, but it should still be fun to watch

The fun thing is to not know where Carmen is, then trying to guess. I hope the mistery of her methods and plans isn't ruined.

It begins.

Always put this character up as a good strong female character that didn't pander, especially as an anti-hero. Least I always rooted for her.

So in addition to stealing entire buildings, and abstract concepts, Carmen's an Ex-Agent gone off the reservation?

Vinona Rider?

underageb&

Too bad geography sucks now.

Lousy immigrant crisis and gerrymandering.

Can someone dump WaldoxCarmen please. That shit warms my heart

Can't wait for the Aleppo episode.

Actually, in retrospect, that makes a lot of sense given her attitude.

She found a greater challenge in facing off against her peer.

Explains why she was always so cordial in her banter with the Player in the show.

I would but I can't find any

heh

>Fuck you fags I'm angry at the world.

Is it because there's still enough homophobia in the world that you can't wear the shirt you want to, Rutherford?

Do you think they're going to turn her into a robin hood, or are they gonna keep her as a sly thief that runs a criminal organization?

As long as she wears the boots, I'll be fine

So it's going to be "A Woman Called Fujiko Mine" but with Carmen Sandiego?

>that art
I wonder if Mercury filmworks is gonna work on it

>inb4 only the first episode has her in the classic attire to pander to nostalgiafags.
>For the rest of the series she needs to "blend-in" to not get caught, resulting in a wardrobe full of pic related.

Question is, in what way will they ruin it.

It's Kevin Dart and DHX.

Gonna be real dissapointed if she doesn't just vanish into thin air wearing the hat and coat every time

It was also her backstory in her 1990s DC miniseries.

No, really.

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Where_in_the_World_Is_Carmen_Sandiego?_Vol_1

>yfw the score will have a lot of jazz

But that doesn't work.
>28+

So, they stole a plotline in "Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego?" and eliminate waifu bait Ivy?

>Be a horny kid when Carmen Sandiego was everywhere, cartoon, game show, books, computer games
>Use to debate freinds that her clothing literally was hat, scarf, gloves, trenchcoat, heels, and nothing else
>Daydream about catching her; putting her in handcuffs and removing that trench-coat
BRB, looking up naked women in trench-coats.

Never played the game or watched the game show i see

That was always her backstory

Ex-fakeInterpol agent, ultra badass
Suddenly went rogue and now does crazy, outlandish crimes.

This announcement terrifies me, because it could be so fucking incredible and all I can think of is how badly they could fuck it up

how about the new Bill Nye Netflix show. PS the new theme is done by Tyler the Creator
youtube.com/watch?v=g-_HKOcYBK8
New theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=7-YchwrdPw0

I have some hope for this

I mean Voltron has been good but I haven't seen troll hunters or Peabody and Sherman

I've seen to much hate for home so I haven't even touched that yet

What happens when Batman finds out that Carmen Sandiego is part of the Guild Of Calamitous intent?

Looks more like red jacket to me.

I would like to see Zack and Ivy from the previous series again.

I overheard a guy talking an he said it was great to hear the birds chirping again.

This guy should appear on this show

>I'll let you go but on one condition
>I want you to steal Apokalips

Troll Hunters is good.

Holy fuck gumshoes, I just had one hell of a nostalgia trip.

youtube.com/watch?v=s1EIUP8tvbE

Looks like Mr Peabody and Sherman, I really like the style of that show, so I'm probably going to love this.

The preview clips Netflix has shown of that look great though.

How the fuck does Netflix even do it?

What was his speculation?

How educational was Carmen Sandiego?

I'm unironically looking forward to this IN the context of "womyn power"

>Felicia Day
>Patton Oswalt
I'll pass.

Call me a philistine, but MST3K is not funny or entertaining.

It taught me pretty much all my non-Euro/American geography.

How does Netflix make money back on these shows? They've been burning money like crazy with all these recent show announcements.

Daredevil S1, when it 1st dropped, got me to renew my membership since 2008. So I would imagine it would work for other high interest shows.

I wonder if they'll also find an excuse to get Carmens' tits out every episode.

>watching it for anything other than the bots
Subscribers are more likely to come for original content, netflix values a wide repertoire for their different viewer profiles so they keep creating multiple original shows with a lot of variety. Some netflix originals are also guaranteed to work, especially shows designed for younger audiences since they get views in multiple languages and are very popular with tabletera parents who can now appoint their children TV times whenever they want.

>Bots have new voices
Just another reason to pass on it.

I'd get angry with you but that would violate the creed laid out in the theme song.

"...just repeat to yourself: it's just a show, I really should relax."

Bots voices changed multiple times I'm the old show. I recall Tom Servo used to have Crows voice and vice versa during the Joel era.

Based froggo

>fucking old news
>04.18.17

K. Y. S.

>2019
So far away, whyyyy

so they're no longer gonna do that live action movie?
thats good, this will probably be better

who
the
FUCK
is
Carmen Sandiego

Shut up Boco

I feel like Carmen and Waldo would never run into each other

What if the sjw's got a hold of it

yeah, I tried to start it, saw them and fucking Wesley and said NOPE

She better still be a villain in it.

>Jane the Virgin
>origin story
>Samurai Jack-tier artwork
Fucking monkey paw BULLSHIT

Netflix still has a decent collection of the old series.

fuck yeah

Where In Time Is Carmen Sandiego formed my basis of historical knowledge

>Joel era
Joel was the inferior host. Also, even though the voices changed, they still had the same writers. Who's worth watching in the reboot?

Hasn't Carmen Sandiego stolen the concept of math before? I know she's stolen all of the salsa in the world and 'the best coffee'

They only really pop up at the beginning and ending of the episodes, the rest is purely the bots.

I watched the first episode and it feels like it never left.

Carmen's gay. More yuri. Everyone wins.

Taught me most American landmarks, including what the hell the Alamo was.

I've watched the first two episodes. No one stands out as any better over the rest. Except Gypsy, because she now has an actual woman's voice, comes down from the ceiling, and shows up twice during each movie. Once near the beginning, she comes down, drops what looks like a cooler, makes a comment and leaves. Then she comes back near the end, makes a comment, takes the cooler and leaves.

>what's the gender of Carmen Sandiego

>origin story
Yeah, this is going to suck. We'll get a five-episode arc about how she got her hat or something stupid like that.

DO IT, ROCKAPELLA!