Ignoring the edgy "everyone dies when exposed" entries or the really cringeworthy donut steels...

Ignoring the edgy "everyone dies when exposed" entries or the really cringeworthy donut steels, how well would an SCP animated series fare today?

Basically have each episode focus on the retrieval or testing of an SCP, special two parter episodes involving containment breaches, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/nacho-business
scp-wiki.net/the-things-dr-bright-is-not-allowed-to-do-at-the-foundation
scp-wiki.net/heritage-collection
scp-wiki.net/scp-686
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>or the really cringeworthy donut steels
Like that Conan the Barbarian wannabe?

I'd much rather it be story driven and go more into the tales part of the site.

I'd die of happiness if it took at least 5 episodes to adapt The Cool War.

Which one was that? The donut steels I was thinking of were the humanoid ones like 073 and 076.

>Basically have each episode focus on the retrieval or testing of an SCP,

Like this?
scp-wiki.net/nacho-business

>Basically have each episode focus on the retrieval or testing of an SCP, special two parter episodes involving containment breaches, etc.
would love it, only two things I would scrap would be able and dr. clef. Fuck tose twats

Yeah, tales like that used as a 15 minute episode? Retrieval/testing episodes would make up the bulk of the episodes, with each season ending episode being one of the "universe reset" events detailed in some of the project thaumiel stories.

I think there would need to be a few based on ones with detailed exploration logs(Like 093, 610, and maybe 1499) since that's where some of the best stuff comes from.

Clef literally exists as an example of a shitty, overpowered character whose one purpose is to kill shitty, overpowered characters
And also be a smug, smarmy shit
Actually, fuck it, remove all the named Doctors with stupid gimmicky effects or abilities.
Which is basically all of them

Can we keep Doctor Gerald?

What if they just decided to be cheeky and had a pet Ape/monkey name Dr. Bright? Not the unkillable psycho asshole, just an actual monkey.

I dunno, it was a guy covered in marks

>edgy "everyone dies when exposed" entries
?

What would be ideal as the main cast? Or should there be no "main characters" and instead focus on the assigned personnel for each SCP, like the characters of each story in tales of the cryptkeeper?

Cain and Abel?, right? What about 682? He's super edgy, but in that regard, kind of a necessary evil.

I think that could work, but wouldn't mind a few nods/references to other missions/SCPs/events. Also seeing some of the enemy organizations would be pretty cool.

I think 682 can make for some interesting episodes. It'll allow for some heart pounding episodes where the characters have to outwit it to survive or recontain. There's bound to be competent personnel assigned to 682 otherwise it would already be out of containment permanently.

jumping between small groups like research gropus and MTF. Maybe even some GOC guys having run ins with the foundation and those cheeky cunts from the serpent's hand

That be fun just watching him bumble and get hurt through the day

I think standard practise if 682 ever breaks conditioning is to wait until it's in an area clear enough to comfortably drop an airstrike or two on it and then lock it up before it's done regenerating

I think a bit of dark humor could work for the show too, if they're a bit subtle with it.

>Every episode has him in it for about three seconds, just getting injured in the backround
>Just him getting his tie stuck in the shredder, or getting hit by a bullet ricochet from an attempted D Class execution

I would exclusively use 682 for comedy, maybe as those sort of gags they do while the credits roll.

>682 execution attempt number 4578. Preparing the Sun Launcher

So we can all agree that this would be a 10/10 episode right?

www.scp-wiki.net/i-wanna-be-the-very-best

I think about this a lot.
Basically, you'd need to give it a solid 30 minute/60 minute slot and do multiple short stories per each (limit 3 or 5), but give bigger ones longer time, or even the entire episode. There would be a much larger lean to having 1 SCP, but having ones with a few mixes it up. Animated it would be alright, but live action would leave a better impression, albeit be much harder to do.
Everything would be true to source and presented as a faux deprofiling report and presented in such a way. Start off showing containment procedures (if necessary/possible) then get into the swing of the description, either with just an event (story) or narration (summary w/ possible short event). There are literally 3000+ stories to take and adapt, with quality ranging out the wazoo, and even something like the twilight zone would have a run for its money.
It's a fucking goldmine if it was possible to do, but since the site operates on having 1000s of users submit stories, it'd be impossible to get rights or anything complex.

>it'd be impossible to get rights or anything complex.
Add to the ToS that all stories posted after a certain point are free to use unless tagged otherwise. Follow that up with any older stories may be retroactively made free game by the original author.

>Special episode is just a Found/Leaked Tape-style blooper reel of "Funniest D-class deaths"

I actually like most of the doctor bright shit
especially the shit in the future that implies he's been affected by all the awful,
awful people he's been put into

>I actually like most of the doctor bright shit

Me too. scp-wiki.net/the-things-dr-bright-is-not-allowed-to-do-at-the-foundation

Oh man, I remember this.

Too bad people couldn't follow the rules and he ha to lock it.

I miss checking it every month or two to find a few new things added. I should check in on the tech support pages some time.

I also remember "To the Cleverest" being updated every once in a while. It had some pretty funny entries too.

As long as it's focused on the employees, sure.

SCP would only work as a horror anthology series, like Twilight Zone or Tales from the Crypt or Goosebumps or Alfred Hitchcock Presents. Each week would be a completely different story about a different SCP. Occasionally characters would return if you had another episode at the same facility.

Oh man, an episode focusing on 1499 would have so much potential for a mindscrew on the viewer if they've never been exposed to the SCP universe. Especially with the reveal at the end of the armed agent exploration.

It could definitely work.
What would be ideal is each episode be self contained but still have an overarching arc to it.
Several SCPs from scp-wiki.net/heritage-collection seem like good material

>Dr. Bright is not allowed to upload visual memetic kill agents to any imageboard.
>Well, okay, maybe to Sup Forums. It'd be doing the gene pool a service.

Make sure he drives every single episode.

Wasn't there one called Iceberg or something that was colder then a normal person?

easy solution : anonimise everyone
no weird and whacky personnel so autists cant insert themselves.

make every human completely bland non-characters so the focus is all on the specimen

>not having an entire episode or two dedicated to D-Classes chatting about the fucked up shit they gotta deal with
>not having an episode or two dedicated to joke SCPs

Can someone tell me which SCP is the one that transform you into a chewing-gum like monster. I want to read it again.

I think keeping some scientists and researchers around would be a good idea; whether you want to make them serious or comedic they'd be quite valuable to the series.

scp-wiki.net/scp-686
this one