TFA: Luke leaves a map behind with R2 and his friend (Max Von Sydow) in case he's needed while he searches for Jedi...

TFA: Luke leaves a map behind with R2 and his friend (Max Von Sydow) in case he's needed while he searches for Jedi lore.
TLJ: Luke's on some backwater planet trying to kys and has no idea how he was found

BRAVO RIAN

Uh, well, something something kino.

>yeah, but you see, like, it's secretly genius becase you, like, didn't expect this plot point to be fucking stupid and not make any sense. see, subverted expectations! so it's actually great!
here you go shills, saved you the time

>There was an episode 7? Oh soz, I was jerking off to my own inteligence

Yeah, but it's not like the map was the main plo... oh.

GUYS IT'S ART DUDE SHUT YOUR BRAIN OFF

>IT'S ART
>SHUT YOUR BRAIN OFF

We have come full circle.

>Like decides to go cold turkey from the force.
>Decides to do so at the historic site where the force was first discovered

I've gone wild camping to get clean before but never in my dealers back garden...
So obvious that JJ had a completely different vision and Rian shat on it. He even re-shot the Rey meets Luke scene. That surprises me because that's a faux pas - that's like fucking with another artists tattoo. JJ will probably take it up in private or do something in IX to shut on Rian.

IT'S A VERY BOLD AND INTERESTING NEW MOVE, WHAT DID YOU WANT THE SAME REHASH THINGY AS TFA?!?!?!??!?
DID YOU NOT SEE HOW EDGY AND FUNNY THAT SCENE WITH HIM THROWING THE LIGHTSABER BEHIND HIM IS?? IT'S 2017 OLD MAN; THIS IS HOW MOVIES SHOULD BE

IT'S A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, THE FORCE IS FEMALE IT'S JUST HOW IT IS ACCEPT IT

I just realised R2 was only in the film for a minute. Did he just shut down again or what?

Btw why cant disney into scale?tye new republic has less ships than the fucking rebels

Guys It's just a sci fi fantasy artfully made kino shut your brain off and get an IQ on my level you need to watch it 2 or 3 times to fully understand it

The New Republic doesn't have a fucking army. It was dispanded because they didn't want anymore wars, according to the Disney canon. Leia paid out of her own pocket for the ships they have.

I wish I was making this up.

>Snoke is an ancient sith who uses bodies of dark side users as vessels to continue existing. He was prepping vader, even creating him to be his next ultimate vessel but he was betrayed by his pupil
>Luke knows of this, he goes into hiding because he knows if captured, Snoke using his body would bring certain doom
>Snoke is prepping Kylo to be his vessel, even trying to mold him into vader but he is not as pure of the force due to his solo lineage still he needs a new body soon
>Ending of last jedi is a creepy sith ritual where snoke takes over kylo

There, just came up with a better fucking backstory and plot line and sequel hook than this faggot ever did and I did it for free. Even explains why Luke has to bounce

No, no, no, no. Having Snoke be a literal who that gets killed off halfway through the second movie is so much more artistic.

drugs in Hollywood are better

>Kylo goes to kill his mom
>But he still has some good in him and can't do it
>But the Ties do it anyway!
>What a twist
>Oh but she's fine despite getting spaced

>Luke goes to confront Kylo to buy his comrades time to escape, just like Ben did
>But it turns out he was just an illusion and didn't die!
>WHAT A TWEEEEEEEST!
>But then he dies anyway from being tired

Really great subversion, such art, brava, Rian, brava!

>whole scene of Rey explaing Luke never gave up on Vader despite him being space Hilter
>next scene between them is Luke giving up on Ben, who hasn't done anything wrong yet, and trying to seppuku him in his sleep

This isn't mere pottery, I don't know what call it.

But its actually the exact same thing as the ending of RoTJ, where the evil Emperor is giddy about killing someone his apprentice cares about, but gets betrayed.
Poetry.

>Luke's older apprentice takes over the jedi order because Luke is starting to turn to the dark side
>Luke's apprentice fucks up and ruins Ben's training, then goes into hiding
>TFA is about searching for Luke's apprentice, who is a pathetic shell of a man
>TLJ is about searching for Luke and the mystery of whether he's completely with the dark side
>we get lots of flashbacks of Luke in action
>Luke comes back in Episode 9 to stop Snoke while Rey defeats Kylo, who has become insanely powerful

Yeah, but that's the climax and it was built up. This felt stupid and underwhelming. Also, Vader had a good reason for killing Sheev, Kylo didn't.

they're killing him off too, replacing him with that bb-meme robot

>Your Snoke theory sucks
So what exactly DID Rian mean by this?

Love it except the ending. The ending should be Snoke betraying Kylo and leaving with Rey's unconscious body. This sets up 9 to begin as a rescue mission with Kylo begrudgingly working with Luke to get Rey back. While his motivations start as revenge, this gives Luke a chance to bring him back to good.
And then they fight the Knights of Ren, but can't save Rey until Luke sacrifices himself to Snoke.
And then Rey and Kylo team up to kill evil Luke, while Luke's force ghost encourages them. Done and done.

>Luke goes to confront Kylo to buy his comrades time to escape
>They escape after thinking there must be another entrance if Luke got in
>Luke didn't actually get in

HOLY SHIT RIAN

Wasn't the republic fleet destroyed when the super killer base destroyed the republic system?

I could jive with that. Snoke tosses Kylo aside for failing so much and is interested in this new shiny Rey who has so much potential instead. Kylo realizes all the damage he has done and realizes that all he was going to be was a puppet truly like his grandfather and decides to save Rey from a fate like that in episode 9. Don't you love that the shit you come up in your head seems 100x better than the garbage we got. TLJ seems worse and worse as days go by

There is no Republic fleet, just the Resistance funded by Leia.

To be fair, that's JJ's fuck up, not Rian's.

BUT THE CRYSTAL CRITTERS GOT OUT
REMEMBER THE CRYSTAL CRITTERS?
THE OBVIOUS PLOT DEVICE CRITTERS?

WAIT HOW DID LUKE GIVE LEIA THE DICE FROM THE FALCON IF HE WASNT THERE?!?!
WERE THE DICE AN ASTRAL PROJECTION TO?!?!

WHAT THE FUCK

Yeah, but they didn't know that at first.

>Shhh.
>It's art.

just turn your brain off! Did you see the porgs? OMG and Kylo Ren with his shirt off ohh boyyh go purple hair women yass queen!

WHO MADE THE MAP?
WHY WAS THE MAP SPLIT UP, WHY DID THEY EVEN NEED THE REST OF THE MAP WHEN YOU ONLY NEED HIS LOCATION
BRAVISSIMO

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

>WHO MADE THE MAP?

Luke. Han said he was looking for the first Jedi temple.

TELL ME ABOUT THE FUCKING MAP! WHY DID HE DRAW A MAP LIKE A PIRATE BURYING TREASURE WITH X MARKS THE SPOT? IT'S FUCKING SPACE, IT'S NOT LIKE YOU NEED TO FOLLOW THE ROAD FOR 2KM AND TURN RIGHT AT THE NEXT EXIT TO FIND LUKE SKYWALKER! MY BRAIN HURTS FROM THINKING ABOUT THIS

Based Rian made kino out of Star Shit and you hate him. Explain yourself.

He made a flick pretending to be film.

Don't want R2 stealing meme bots thunder.

but BB-8 did jack shit in TLJ.

More than R2, sadly.

Honestly all of the bots had fuck all to do.

I feel like everything from TFA that had potential and everything that could've been cool in TLJ got fucked over hard just to waste time on the single worst asian protagonist i've ever seen in anything.

and it sucks, because I usually like asian chicks, but fuck Rose. Fuck that bitch.

Sorry, we had to make up some bullshit for Finn to do instead of actually focusing Rey and Luke.

Really good cinematography and couple of great performances from Adam and Mark, on top of a shit script more full of holes than a pasta strainer.

more like Finn got dragged into a bullshit Prequel trilogy plot that felt totally out of place....except even worse than the worst parts of the Prequel trilogy.

Should've been Finn kicking ass with Poe or at least being Rey's boulder to rest on here and there. Not the bullshit we got instead.

What does disney see in him that they let him do 3 more? Is it his views on diversity in film? Because i swear he ruined star wars - well either him or the execs

I really like how they shuffled off the minorities to go be useless.

I wish I never watched star wars

A man who will say yes to anything Kathleen wants.
>Three kinds of animals we can turn in to cute plushies? No problem!
>Cringe humor? Mark, milk this whale sloth!

>This sets up 9 to begin as a rescue mission with Kylo begrudgingly working with Luke to get Rey back.

haha you ever think we'll EVER get a damsel in distress story from Nu Star Wars?

>Three kinds of animals we can turn in to cute plushies? No problem!
man the Porgs were weird. The promotional materials made a big deal out of them, but they were even less present than the fucking Ewoks.

I mean...fuck. All of the trailers promoted shit that was really half-baked in the actual film, while most of the screen time was devoted to some bullshit that wasn't even hinted at in the trailers.

user, if you think the porgs and milk scene are the worst this movie offers than shit, you are lucky. I feel that what they did to Luke's character is a stab in the heart of all fans. All that other shit can easily be swept under the rug, but boy did they ruin Luke...

did you not see the scene where Kylo picks up the dice and they fade away?
yes they were also a projection

Putting in to your trailers that half the movie is about ships with incompetent commanders slowly running out of fuel, a ticket seller, it is not.

I'm just saying those particular things felt like corporate mandate.
Luke felt like a bad creative decision.

Maybe just make better fucking subplots?

A pitiful waste of Laura Dern. I really need to rewatch Twin Peaks: The Return to wash the bad taste left in my mouth.

..JJ better reveal Rose to be a First Order mole in Episode 10. Everything would be forgiven if that happened.

meant to say episode 09.

Holdo also being revealed as a First Order mole would help too.

i see no one shit talking the porgs lol

They're the least of this mess' problems. Toy advertisement doesn't bother me nearly as much as the character assassination or the plot holes.

They were just little things like mouse droids from ANH, they have no relevance to anything plot wise.

They should have been the worst thing about this film, but they fucked everything up so monumentally that the porgs get a free pass.

this. Its really fucking surreal.

The only problem with the porgs was how they cucked out on showing Chewie down that porg right in front of them, and the cartoonishly teary eyed porg.

>yfw when it was all a plan to make us not hate porgs so they could make money off toy sales

A jew set Luke up perfectly but (A)rian Johnson completely destroyed him.

I think the critics defending this are defending because they came fresh out of a movie and really enjoyed it - BUT - once they watch it again, maybe right after watching TFA, they're going to realize that while it may be really well made and have each individual scene be really well done, the overall actual story is fucking retarded.

When you watch the OT and then TFA, it becomes even more apparent.

Basically TLJ ignores/nullifies TFA, and both of them ignore/nullify the OT.

This defense is the worst.

Actually...no. The "Rian DELIBERATELY ruined the movie because Star Wars doesn't belong to you, nerds!"...That's the worst one.

But the "this shitty writing was deliberately shitty because it's DIFFERENT and UNEXPECTED" is definitely second place.

made me lol

Why did she lowered down the defense shield of Starkiller base in TFA, if she had an armor that is lazerproof?

Stealth Retcon

I wouldn't say it's done really well. Yes, the cinematography is good, but the pacing is complete shit, and most of the plot is filler.

God, it's just a dumb fantasy movie for kids, you shouldnt' even be enjoying it at all, the originals are fucking trash too. All REAL Star Wars fans know this!

Why doesn't every trooper have armor like that or like that guard whose bracers deflected a motherfucking lightsaber?

Um user, the whole point is that this isn't your granddad's Star Wars. "Plots" and "characters" are LAME.

(for real it amazes me how fucking awful the general plotting and story concept for Disney Wars has been - I'm well aware Disney rushed the hell out of it, but jesus did they not do well - If what Rian Johnson says is true, J.J. had NO plan for any of this story threads he raised in TFA)

yeah there was some awesome cinematography.

too bad it was wasted on this fucking movie.

I lol'd at that part.

>Uh huh! Foreshadowing! Luke got in, so there must be a way out!

>Yes! We found the way out!

>Oh yeah Luke's a Ghostagram and just materialized in here btw.

This is how the new Expanded Universe begins. The EU was made to explain shit like this (Two Wedges in Rogue Squadron)

>Is a projection. Can't interact with the physical world (no foot prints, lightsabers)

>Oh yeah, except for these dice I left behind

BRAVO
R
A
V
O

>tfw expected Porg trashing to be the #1 passtime of Sup Forums after TLJ comes out

>Turns out the film is such a fucking trainwreck that Porgs are barely mentioned

BRAVO RIAN

Yeah, but that's what I said/meant. Each scene in and of itself is well shot, well edited, well done. But as an overall story it's awful.

it's kind of impressive when you think about it

Gotcha.

>tfw Rian turned in a perfect script with a great story

>Disney then went through it and deliberately added plot holes and stupid character decisions

>Now they're going to sell millions of E.U. and Encyclopedia's.

Snoke spin off movie explaining his backstory, Christmas 2037

Its art.
Just turn off your brain and appreciate it.

>Death Star 1 has a single port that can destroy a MOON SIZED STATION
>Death Star 2 has the SAME DESIGN FLAW

Star Wars is the series of plot holes and plot conveniences. Let's take this time to appreciate plot holes from the originals and prequels
>He was a good friend
>Ben had the lightsaber because he literally just decided to pick it up
>Fish people had a navy equal in power to the fucking Empire
>Anakin was 9 and Padme was 14

>tfw Rian turned in a perfect script with a great story
>But Johnson said it was necessary to keep the focus on the new characters as the trilogy reached its end. (J.J. Abrams will return to make the next installment, set for release in 2019.)
>“I think the hero’s journey of Luke Skywalker concluded in Return of the Jedi. This [trilogy] is the hero’s journey of Rey, and Finn, and Poe,” Johnson said. “The [ongoing] story of Luke is one that has to play in tandem with that of Rey.”

That's a negative.

>implying he wrote the script
>implying he had much to do with the movie at all

He is just a face. The Farce Awakens aped A New Hope, The Last Jedi just took all the major plot points of RotJ and ESB and combined them into one movie. That's not a coincidence.

>“I had huge hesitance,” Johnson says of ending one of the most beloved characters in movie history. “I was terrified. It was a growing sense of dread when I realized this was going to make sense in that chapter.”

>Johnson said he discussed it extensively with Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and members of the Star Wars story group before committing to it.
>“It was not like I wrote the script and dropped it on their desk. It was very important to me that I was collaborating with the folks at Lucasfilm from the word go,” he said. “I moved to San Francisco for a few months and would go in a few times a week to keep them up to date, spewing my ideas out, especially the big ones.”

>It was very important
>to me
>that I was collaborating with the folks at Lucasfilm from the word go

Look, Disney are hacks, but Rian is a hack too.