Didn't assemble when a terrorist seemingly killed Iron Man and kidnapped the president

>Didn't assemble when a terrorist seemingly killed Iron Man and kidnapped the president
>Didn't assemble when a Dark Elf was literally about to destroy the universe
>Didn't assemble when Hydra infiltrated Shield and was about to kill millions
>Didn't assemble when Ronan got an Infinity Stone and was about to destroy planets
>Assembles when a remote Hydra branch might have Loki's scepter

Kek.

>Batman didn't contact Wondy, Flash, Aquaman & Cyborg sooner when Midway City being under attack
kek

What was Batman doing in this movie anyway

this, also where was flash? he could have been in midway in a flash

Gotta nap sometime

Cap and Widow were fugitives for like 3 days, you'd think some other Avenger would wanna see what was up.
>>Didn't assemble when Ronan got an Infinity Stone and was about to destroy planets
How would any of them, besides maybe Thor, know about that?

I had a big problem with this because Enchantress was causing shit to happen all over the damn world.

If SHIELD was just Hydra all along, why didn't they try to indoctrinate the Avengers?

>President
This was one of my biggest problems with Iron Man 3 and was indeed stupid.
>Dark Elf
This makes sense because really, the group with the exception of Hulk could barely take on Loki... what's to say Thor thought it was worth getting 4 humans together for something he had an entire realm of Asgardians around for, or that they wouldn't be pissed he was still buddying around with Loki?
>Hydra
The reveal and Cap taking them down happened in a very short time, and Cap doesn't really know who to trust yet. What if Stark or Clint were Hydra?
>Ronan
No one earthside even knows about this.
>Scepter
Directly related to their first Avengers mission. Had to complete the mission.

Only one valid complaint.

>>Didn't assemble when a Dark Elf was literally about to destroy the universe
The entire event happened mostly away from Earth. The only time they know about it, the ship crashing into Britain, was resolved in about 1 hour.

It's Murcia, who cares
It's on another planet, and only Asgard was in trouble
No one knew this, shield had the assemble call at that time.
No fucking one on earth knew what's going on, this could be happening right now in real life and we would never know about it.
I give you that, you are right.

Honestly, all the pressure of explaining all this was on Whedon for Age of Ultron. The build up to Avengers 1 worked. The coming back together for AoU didn't at all. They really should have "re-assembled" in the sequel to explain that the Avengers weren't the Avengers in IM3, Cap2 or Thor2

>Didn't assemble when Ronan got an Infinity Stone and was about to destroy planets

I do wonder what Asgard thought of these events AND of the collectors place being bombed, they left an infinity stone there.

>Thor was off planet, Cap and Widow were working for SHIELD, Banner was busy fucking Widow
>It happened in London and Thor kept teleporting in and out before anyone other than Jane and Darcy had any idea of what was happening
>Why would the Avengers know anything about a Kree/Xandar war?

Most of these events took place over the course of a few hours and was mostly them reacting to the actions of supervillains

After SHIELD got dismantled the Avengers got together to clean up the remaining Hydra outposts and retrieve major WMDs like the scepter. They were proactive in this case and took the time to plan an assault on that Hydra base.

They didn't want Fury to assemble the avengers, remember? It was practically just his project.

>Banner was busy fucking Widow
Didn't start until AoU

Not to mention while all this event ended shortly, Midway City event lasted all night until early morning

>>Didn't assemble when a terrorist seemingly killed Iron Man and kidnapped the president
Because the Vice President was in league with Killian and kept SHIELD off the case. They showed this scene where Guy Pierce calls him and it's revealed he's controlling the situation so he can get his daughter some Extremis legs

>>Didn't assemble when a Dark Elf was literally about to destroy the universe
At what juncture in the movie would they have had time? It was a 7 minute fight in London from the time Malekith arrived on earth for the first time. At all other times during the movie, from the second the plot kicks off, they're in Asgard, where Odin states that mortals arent welcomed.

>>Didn't assemble when Hydra infiltrated Shield and was about to kill millions
Again, there was precious little time involved from the time that the plot was revealed in act 3. Also, at this point in time SHIELD formed the Avengers. Why would SHIELD want to assemble the Avengers to stop the secret HYDRA plot within SHIELD? the Hydra faction would supress it.
>>Didn't assemble when Ronan got an Infinity Stone and was about to destroy planets
In space. Right.
>>Assembles when a remote Hydra branch might have Loki's scepter
This was AFTER they became independant of SHIELD and actively spent months seeking out HYDRA cells to find the sceptre.

Keep in mind that up until TWS, SHIELD was running The Avengers, and HYDRA had a hand in both SHIELD and the world security council (Giddeon Mallick) that ran SHIELD - so most of the plots where HYDRA stand to benefit, such as any world ending event that HYDRA can use to take over...they'd prevent the Avengers from being assembled.

So either you're trolling or you lack the basic story comprehension to follow the MCU flicks lol

>They didn't want Fury to assemble the avengers, remember?
No? When was this?

yay more company wars

also didnt enchantress attack a bunch of places all over the world as well. i swear there was a scene on a tv or something with her destroying military installations and sat dishes and shit

the the first Avengers film; the hydra dude on the council said it was shut down for a reason [that being everything was fucked up and they werent getting what they wanted]

There is a good chance that Batman and Flash were dealing with the damage on other parts of the world, but to answer as to why Batman didnt assemble the team, well he didnt have enough info yet, hence the post credit scene with Waller where is given info about the team.

The second phase of the MCU happens in a very short spam of time and are isolated events, literally. All the movies featured a reason for the hero to be isolated and not having any means of contacting the others:

>Tony stranded withou his armors and supposedly retired
>Thor lost asgard to Loki (and does not contact the Avengers for cosmic matters anyway)
>Cap was in low profile mode and a wanted man
>The guardians don't even know the avengers

It works perfectly if you consider it all happened together at the same time.

>Batman is the best detective, he needs Waller to provide info.

You guys understand these are movies and not the comics right? These Disney fucks don't want to spend the money to have all these actors in every movie.

This is from the man that met Diana twice, emailed her, got a photo from her in WWI, and then, upon seeing her with a sword and shield - something Clark obviously does not need, declares "I thought she was with you?!!"

Based on what evidence?! She's old? How does he know Clark doesn't age?

Detective my ass

Do we need to assemble the avengers to handle your massive fucking autism?

Maybe WWE's new superhero movie Sleight is right up your alley.

On this subject, did I miss something or is there really not a single bit of Tony dialogue explaining why at the end of Iron Man 3, he seems pretty confident that he's done and won't return to being Iron Man, yet he's right back to work in AoU? I haven't seen Civil War for some reason, so maybe it was addressed then.

In Iron Man 3 he realized that it's his ingenuity and not his money or tech that makes him Iron Man

in AoU he realizes... that's all he has, apart from Pepper, so he can't give it up.

Literally the opposite of "I'm done being iron man" - he decided that he IS iron man. Not the suit. Him. He's the mind. The will. He's the man and the suit means nothing without him. He decided that he's done making shitty suits hastily thrown together and he's ready to live up to his potential. He doesn't need to have the suit to be a hero, he needs his mind. His willpower. And with that, it leads into Ultron.

They just didn't spell it out in black and white.

His IM suits are MCU Tony's addiction. I think he drops a line like that in CW when asked about Pepper.

and then Civil War shows the emotional fallout from that hangup combined with the literal fallout from the Avengers missions

Sux2be Tony

That's the great thing about his story.

Iron Man 1 makes it look awesome to be Tony.
Every movie since makes it look scary, lonely and depressing as fuck.

>Didn't assemble when a terrorist seemingly killed Iron Man and kidnapped the president
pretty sure that was explained away by the whole "tony reciting the story in therapy" ending
>Didn't assemble when a Dark Elf was literally about to destroy the universe
as far as they know, there wasn't anything going on
I mean, parts of London exploded, but that's nothing Avengers-worthy
yeah, it's kinda weird how that organization that deploys them didn't send them out when their presence would've jeopardized the organization's plan
also, hydra had infiltrated shield long before the avengers were assembled
outside of their jurisdiction, plus we don't even know how far out into space all of that was going on
>Assembles when a remote Hydra branch might have Loki's scepter
yeah, because they saw firsthand how that scepter helped open a portal for an alien invasion

I'm not saying that the mcu is without plot holes, but come on
try a little harder with your bait posts, op

Literally the last line of that movie was "I am Iron Man"

There was probably no real way to assemble them all, considering SHIELD was probably the venue through which they'd assemble and it would have noticed anybody trying to contact Stark/Bruce/etc.
Out of their jurisdiction, so to speak

>It's Murcia, who cares
Uhh, Captain AMERICA, maybe?

this kind of shit happens in solo comics all the time.

>implying that's a bad thing
Non-comic reader pls.

This 8s pure bait.

One thing that the MCU does well is explaining why the heroes aren't together all the time.

Most of these events happened on remote locations far away from other Avengers, and took place on less than a day, or the Avengers were hiding.

This one on the other side, is fucking stupid. It was 3 days of city wide destruction and we have no clue about why Batman, WW or Flash just ignored. It is even more stupid considering the end of BvS, where they say that they had their faith restored...just to ignore it.

Hell, Flash stopped a bank robber, but didn't gave a fucking to this.

I just kept wondering "Where the fuck is Flash? Flash could have handled all of this"