Tfw I know Norwegian

>tfw I know Norwegian
>The dude literally says that the dog is a sort of "thing" that imitates people"
>Takes another 30-40min until the rest of the crew figure this out in the movie.

What other movies do this, where they more or less "spoil" something, but they do it in another language.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=a_9hTnNErbo
youtube.com/watch?v=9ISzOGRgIWI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

in the beginning of Iron Man the terrorists holding Tony Stark captive spoil the whole Stane twist while speaking in Urdu

Whenever people speak my language in movies it's subtitles (Band of Brothers) or German. But I'm dutch.

Milton says he's going to burn down the office pretty early on in Office Space

why would they need grenades in Antarctica?

.....vader

Cara delevinge

how else would you blow up penguins

Explosives are usually used for controlled avalanches. But no clue about grenades. Maybe they were Norwegian black ops or smth?

(I haven't seen the prequel movie)

More importantly why would they shoot a man that clearly wasnt aiming for them?

DET ER EN SLAGS TING!!

I thought Wind River basically did this for the "mystery" plot. When the FBI agent is being shown around the crime scene, she asks about the closest building, and the closest one that isn't a house on the reservation is an oil rig. If you know anything about rape statistics on reservations, that gives the entire mystery away.

The continent isn't owned by any country so these dudes have to be ready to engage in a battle royale with all the other science outposts if WW3 happens.

if i was to say get away form that doll its a thing woulfd you know if its chucky or anabelle? it only works if you know what the context for thing is if i say i wanna put my thing in that cute bitch and it turs out 20 years later im a vet doing spades would you know?

Not in another language but pub scene at start of Shaun of the dead actually tells audience Film plot using drinking terms and whatnot

I get what you're getting at. But the norwegian word "Ting" is literally used for something you can't really describe (IIRC, atleast it's like that in Swedish).

That just reminded me of The Big Lebowski. For as much of a fuck up as the Dude is, he solves the kidnapping plot right away.

>She probably kidnapped herself. Rug pee-ers did not do this. I figure, a young trophy wife, she marries a guy for his money and figures he's not giving her enough - she owes money all over town - it's all a goddamn fake, man.

He was off about the motivation for the note, but he was completely right about it not being a real kidnapping. Maude also figured it out, but the movie keeps redirecting.

>be a Norwegian approaching an American outpost
>get shot
I think we all know the answer to that.

How intelligent was the thing?

Did its intelligence depend on what it absorbed?

LER UT HOYT

Concussion grenades are basically dynamite. They don't fragment

why do muricans allways Get some 5th generation Norwegian-american to play us in movies. They cant speak the language at all, a random dude could do it just as well. In godless for example, they could not Even Get the basic grammar right. Google translating would give you a better result.

my friend spoiled our flight when he started speaking urdu on the phone while on the plane. we got sent to gitmo and had a wacky time escaping

ha ha ha ha

The grenades they use in The Thing are thermite grenades.

The norwegians used them to dig up the spaceship.

>thermite grenades
Never knew about this

thanks for the thread OP it's an interesting topic I didn't think about.

The movie Fresh.

From Ebert's review.

>To fill the great vacuum in his life, the need for love and discipline, he returns to his father (Samuel L. Jackson), a man who might have been a great chess champion, and still is almost unbeatable in the rough school of New York street chess. His father, who is never far from a bottle purchased with his winnings, does the best he can for Fresh, using chess as a metaphor for life. It is during one of his chess lectures that Fresh conceives the audacious scheme he pulls off. Seeing the movie at the 1994 Cannes Film Festival, I thought I was hearing some chess advice. Seeing it the second time, I realized that the actual outcome of the movie was being predicted.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=a_9hTnNErbo

About 4 or 5 intelligence

Ah yes because they are Americans and in America you get shot all the time (especially if you're a nigger or spic)

Tfw your post is fucking bullshit OP. On the directors commentary John Carpenter explains how that norwegian guy is is like brother in law or something and he just told him to make up gibberish that sounded like norwegian for his lines.

this would make a good movie

What language does he say that in? Autistic virgin language?

>war over Agartha breaks out
>bring grenades to a directed energy weapon fight

He literally says

"Se til helvete og kom dere vekk. Det er ikke en bikkje, det er en slags ting! Det imiterer en bikkje, det er ikke virkelig! Kom dere vekk, idioter!"

Sure it may not be 110% correct, but any Swedish person or Norwegian will understand what he's saying.

>American education

lel so Carpenter instructed the actor to come up with some gibberish and the actor then go out his way to actually make his role as genuine as possible without Carpenter having a clue. That's pretty cool actually.

Why would a Swedish person understand Norwegian?

Same language with a few letters in the wrong places.

there is one scene in the Blacklist where they have a Dutch family speaking dutch and it's the worst fucking thing I've ever seen. The speaking is horrible and the family looks like it's from 1850. What's funny though is the tv was on and the news presenter on there was speaking it fluently.

starts at 3:06

youtube.com/watch?v=9ISzOGRgIWI

One of the ameicans was literally shot by him

This applies for everyone I think. We Brazilians get used to it. Usually some fucking Spanish speaker, as if there aren't a shit-ton of us everywhere.

FFS, that Max Payne 3 game or whatever about the slowmo jumping shooter guy, they could not even use basic language there. And it's set in Brazil.

jesus, can I guess where you are posting from?

Why would they shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane?

Where else would you use gernades? It is literally the perfect place to have fun with your gernades.

There's a scene in Frisky Dingo with a Dutch intern that's even worse. Whoever did the voice is just reading the Dutch dialogue how a native English speaker would pronounce everything phonetically. I appreciated the effort, but it's hilariously bad.

kek